/pso2g/ - Phantasy Star Online 2 General #1210

Current Update (12/21):「幻創の母なる月光」 Part 3
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-esca-falz-mother-bursts-into-action-on-december-21st/

■ Weekly Boost & Events Schedule
pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=i_boostevent
├ Google: google.com/calendar/[email protected]
├ Random EQ Hourly Advance Notice (JP): twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour
└ Regular Maintenance: Wednesday @ 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST

■ Scratches: pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/
├ Sacred Star Keeper (until 1/11)
├ 2017 Year of the Rooster Accessory Collection / Lucky Bag G (from 1/1 0:00 until 1/11)
├ Phantom School Life (Persona 5) (until 1/25)
└ [SG] Bright Dark Heroine (until 6/14)

□ FAQs, Guides (READ THESE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
├ General Information: bumped.org/psublog/
pastebin.com/CxBP1mEA (embed)
docs.google.com/document/d/1Ml9MGiN2Ich09mDtR82N1zn62oa1Mp6x6yzRjHrEf8c/ (Last Updated: 7/25/2015)
├ Basic English Patch: psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206
└Buy ARKS Cash using PSO2es: pastebin.com/raDBtSpa (embed)

□ Database/Wiki
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php (JP)
pso2wiki.net/ (JP)
pso2.arks-visiphone.com (EN)

□ Simulators
├ Skill Tree: arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php
├ Affix: pso2affix.seilent.net/
└ Damage: 4rt.info/psod/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hate every single one of you.
I hope you die.

I was assuming that Elder was sealed under the tree, not inside it.

Either way, you should also be asking why Naberius even continues to exist as it is considering Elder's sheer size when he was released.

Just get a rope desu

I will live as long as you can hate.

Whoa, what's that?

you too

eharima how have you been?

wibbley wobbely time-wimey stuff, like most of how ep1 and ep2 work.

HOLY SHIT, WHAT IS THAT?

where are the pso2gbros playing in ff14?

>tfw when your waifu cheats on you with your ex waifu
>they didn't even let me watch
Fucking sluts.

HOLY SHIT YOU CAN ACTUALLY BEAT THIS SHITTY GAME

lmao dead game

rip psu

>00000
it's over

QUINTS CONFIRM
SONY PULLING THE PLUG

The game is fine. The general just can't live without shitposting / drama / hatemongering.

Fuck yeah, kill the vita version with episode 5, so we can actually get a proper update.

>The game is fine.

If you pretend ep 4 didn't happen yeah.

I agree with you user
Is fine but could still use improvement

Ok what I meant was that the game is not dead yet...

Remember when people kept on shitting on EP2, then suddenly it became the best episode once EP3 came out and was suddenly the worst episode, then EP3 became the best episode once EP4 came out?

I wonder what will happen with EP5 comes out?

>the game is not dead yet

I hope the earth is saved, they cancel the anime, Kohri and Hitsugi join Arks as normal crew and we go back to beating up Falzes

>EP1 = ANH
>EP2 = ESB
>EP3 = RotJ
>EP4 = TPM

Why do people post this every time? Do you get a hate boner off of it? The attention is certainly nice either way.

Atleast everyone can agree that EP1 wasn't that great I guess. It's beyond me how anyone can say episode 2 was good though. Blatantly broken skills galore and fucking tower defense eqs. It had Loser I guess?

Fair enough.

Do you erp a lot or something?

>EP1 = TOS
>EP2 = TNG
>EP3 = DS9
>EP4 = VOY

who?

>EP5 = ENT
Enterprise was actually decent

Mining base defense is good though. The real reason EP2 was unimaginably bad was that if you weren't playing a gunner, braver, or force (or ranger if you don't mind being a WB slave the entire time) you may as well have not shown up because you're going to do literally nothing.

After that they proceeded to nerf shunka, ilmegid, and s-roll, gave fo's compounds gave every class except braver and bouncer moves that were stronger than pre-nerf shunka, and just shat on gu some more.

Hi I am new to the game on PS4. My name is xGrahf on phantasy star. Is this a good english guild to join to help me get started? What should I be focusing on in the beginning?

I hate you already.

>all these PS4 players
Is lilith telling other console fags about this game or something

This is a joke, right?

>What should I be focusing on in the beginning?
try all classes and generally mess around as much as you like,just dont mismanage your MAG levels till you fully understand what is going on

no joke. I played phantasy star on dreamcast back in the day. heard you can play it on ps4 so giving it another shot.

Thanks for the help. Can you elaborate on MAG levels a little more. Is that the thing that follows you?

so episode 5 is gonna be good? clone wars is the best shit to come out of star wars

>Is that the thing that follows you?
yeah just like in pso you feed the little thing items and it gains levels
its important that you dont gain levels in stats you dont want because reverting such mistakes requires either effort or being a good goy

>I played phantasy star on dreamcast back in the day.

>Can you elaborate on MAG levels a little more. Is that the thing that follows you?
Yes. Do you not remember it from the original?

Anyway, feeding your mag is a major component of building your stats, and it's very hard to fix big mistakes. (either you pay cash for a fresh mag or you pay 50 excubes to drop a single stat one level.)

The common choice is to max out the appropriate atk stat for your class.

Thanks

yes i remember the mag from the old days. it has been a while so i am not too sure on what it used to do 100%. I am only level 4 so I do not think I have a mag yet? Not sure. Its just the japanese text really throws me off. I went to a site that emulates the start menu so I kind of know what is going on, but it is still tough to navigate and put all the pieces together. Thanks for the help tho guys.

>tfw I finally made decent progress in unfucking my gear
Feels great!

There should be some guides on bumped. Might be outdated, though.

bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/

Show results before if you can

before: PPcraft1 fahren and invade shooter, stock affixes
after: PPcraft2 ideal rear + leg, gix khudu with 12 PP and 65 atk

Felt that way trading my unaffixed Nox out for the CF Astra.

Of course all my units are still in desperate need of an unfucking. Unaffixed brisa is probably hurting me more than I think it is.

forgot to mention I + 20'd and affixed 12 PP and 65 atk on my Astra Raifuru and Lawnchair as well

We'll all make it to the top of the parse some day, good job user!

kimura thinks GU is fine because there are a few situations where it's actually good, so therefore people just need to GIT GUD at GU.

he said that right after sroll's brokenness was removed, too. basically it seems that the only way he accepts a class being bad is if it's completely useless everywhere at all times.

this is the "series director" talking. he makes the ep4 faggots seem like they know what they're doing, I swear.

>meanwhile the most they've done about RA being WB slave is break WB
>because obviously the answer to people dropping over lack of RA is to make RA largely irrelevant, instead of rebalancing WB and all the shit they balanced around WB + various other busted multiplier stacks

Good improvement I suppose.

>FO compound techs

So what "ultimates" do you think everyone else should get?

RA should Weak Bullet everything in the map and then End Attract through the whole thing.

Compund PAs for non-tech classes would match up, but I don't know how most of them would mix.

>Gauge will only increase in the following quest

Why was this allowed?

>1 per ship per week droprate
why is this allowed?

Magatsu used to payout 600 cubes. This is just because of that and because of old exploits like infinite elder.

because kimura doesn't want people getting things "too fast".

>complain about people getting things "too fast" from yamato
>when running it like. thirty times during a boost week immediately after implementation

It annoys me that there's very little reason to run EQs that aren't the current CF target.

But means never getting it at all for some people

They should have just made CFs stick around forever outside the seasonal ones.

I mean, it's not like Austere and Orbit stone exchanges have gone anywhere. What's the problem with leaving Revo, Boat, and Ray files up? Especially now with +35 Factors its a way to keep old content relevant.

I'd get the impression more people would spend star gems on PD triggers if Ray files were still around so you could get some guaranteed progress towards getting astral soul factors, for example.

They probably just want people to unload star gems on sheet resets as soon as new content is released.

I want the new director for ep5 already

There's not gonna be much reason to do Mother if you finish the collect files and you don't need the 14 star rod.

Dio fodder is nice + the boost afterwards

The boost is nice but I also forgot about the units.

12* unit passes when?

How many runs of christmas eq is average to complete a sheet? Just started playing again and I'm wondering if I have enough time to get one of those talis

Depends on if you boost them all

well I got one from a drop so I only need to get one from the collection file to 60 ele

I'd be using +350% rdr with the daily boost and premium drink

Depending on mpa speed, you should get it pretty quick then.

You'll have to fill in the blanks though on the sheet

Hunter > Braver

The 14* katana is amazing though

>decide to run td4 on ship 2 because I can only get one run in anyway
>wave 5 comes, half the mpa is in AIS
>bibras spawns with his exoda, starts throwing bombs
>I'm the only person on the other side of the map, wall in the middle but half the mpa still in AIS
>purposely just stand there and watch as blue gets destroyed by a bibras bomb because nobody in an AIS knows how to play
Sasuga ship 2.

Just as bad as them

whoever he is, he'll still have to fight with kimura. faggot is probably why suganuma had to fight so hard to get multi-affix shop searching.

>Deliberately be bad
>"THAT'LL SHOW YOU FOR BEING BAD"
>Not just abandoning

the eq window had long since ended, so it wasn't worth abandoning. I wanted a payoff for my carry, even if I purposely gimped what it could've been.

>>bibras spawns with his exoda, starts throwing bombs
>I don't know how to beam both AIS and vibras

I just found a wand that looks like that dumb ex dragon from ult amdu, am I reading swiki right that it says it basically gives massive hunter? I tried to read some of the comments but they are just jibberish with google trans.

Was trying to see if this is worth grinding or not.

it does

I AIS'd wave 3, and set a new personal best for high score from AIS.

It gives a lesser effect of massive hunter. Any attack that can knock you over will still do so, but it's still amazing if you can get it.

>I wanted a payoff for my carry
Uh huh, sure thing man. You "carried" the MPA. Guess you're shit at it since you let a tower die because you decide to get upset. Here's a big tip for you: Go do team MPA if you want full cooperation.

hm, sounds kind of useful, but I feel like a very large majority of attacks knock me on my ass so it might be lessened. although it does give 20% damage reduction to everything as well, for what thats worth.

lets say I had one, as well as astra wand. which would I bother grinding? (lets just say I can get both to max ele if you were going to bring that up against it)

I find that a lot more attacks flinch rather than ass knock, and when paired with air ja reversal it's like you never fell over in the first place once you get the timing down.

Am I doing this right now?

>Caseal
>Dressing up as a fleshie

Is Braver Katana actually good despite the memes?

They are godly at mobbing and run and loot EQs. On the other hand your single target boss damage is a lot lower than what other classes can do with similar gear.
Play Katana BR if you want to kill loads of normal mobs very quickly while zooming around big maps at sanic speeds. For EQ Bosses you are better off using a bow or going a different main class entirely.

post more

Put this on then see me.

>want to dress like lewdly but no lewd clothes and no meseta
>suddenly sega comes to the rescue
Thanks Sakai.

that outfit is pretty shit tbhfam.