steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

Previous thread
I'm new, what mods should I get?
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0
>WIP list
Feel free to make suggestions for the list, I'll throw together a strawpoll to see what people want here.

Rape mod when

Incestuous sex fix when?

xth for ayys

>implying that needs a fix

>its a high leveled brawler goes berserk episode

Well of course it does, they won't fuck even if they're properly in a relationship.

Dinosaurs and more megacreatures when? We already have resurrect giant sloths, so why not dinos?

>growing and producing drugs for the sole purpose of making money
>recruit druggy because he is the father of another colonist
>he's constantly binges all of our profits
>goes berserk and have to arrest him a lot
>emotional train wreck
>eventually I just send "the big guy" to arrest him because he's getting tedious
>kills him
>son is devastated
>goes berserk
>kills son too
>everyone is sad because two colonist died
Don't fug with drug

Oh. Incestuous sex fix when?

My huntress got hit by a heatstroke, so i put her in the emergency cryptosleep casket and saved her life.

After she got out, i noticed she was missing her weapon (Exc. sniper).
did the casket eat it, or it's lost somewhere where she had the stroke?

>tfw large map

Turians are cute! CUTE!!!

>when you need components real bad

If she had the stroke out in the open and got downed because of it, it was dropped right there. Pawns always drop their shit when they get downed. If it has been lying there long enough without you noticing, it might have deteriorated into mush.

no component assembly bench?

>you will never be dating a turian captain that explores the galaxy in search of pirates and savages to bomb into the stone age

GUESS WHAT'S ON THE MENU BOYS

That's pretty heartbreaking senpai, drugs are all fun and games until an entire family gets destroyed

>that's a female
jesus christ how horrifying

>all that steel
Well, at least you have that going for you.

What did you expect? They're weird reptilian men.

Researching it now. 3000 is like a whole season for my one whole researcher.

When half the map is mountains you tend to never run out.

They come from a proud, warrior race. They're made from stronger meat and are not soft like slutty, human womens and blue ayys.

>intense difficulty
>deliberately building on plains and not cheesing mountain killbox whatevers
>encountering serious threats and barely prepared to meet them
>took too long to get machining, still don't have a strong enough economy to outfit my guys
>combating the newest raid with the equipment and weapons literally stripped from the dead enemies of the last raid
>colonists going in to battle with tattered vests and helmets and worn-out firearms

"Okay everyone, I know that a few of you still don't have any experience with weapons but we need every warm body on the line for this. Rummage through this little garage, pick the best gear you can and meet me at the bunker west of the base. We're going to assault that fallen spaceship that's surrounded in fog and keeps making eerie noises."

Not to mention that it takes 20 components to set up, I believe.

Whats a good way to avoid infestation?

Not dig

If you must dig, also strip mine nearby mountains so the infestation has a higher chance of appearing there instead of inside your base

That's just cruel.

This. Also light your base, especially bedrooms up. Infestations prefer dark areas.

Also avoid making your mountainhome, if you want one, too tight. Hallways that are 3 tiles wide are pretty good and not too taxing on your colonists. This means if an infestation spawns in a room you can bust open the walls and lead them into your wide hallways where you can fit a firing line of about 6ish.

Yeah. It's worth it, but it's more so only useful for established bases that have lots of resources to spare.

Kinda like deep mining. It's a bad idea to rush into it without some resources to cover costs.

>guy with 18 construction skill making poor furniture

stop this meme

UNATCO?

Can someone tell me why this room is considered a bedroom?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot and see it now.

Does destroying nearby raider camps do anything? Is it possible to mod the game so that it does?

Because you forgot to build a door retard.

:)

At the moment, no. Modding it might be possible, though I imagine more "permanency" on the map screen is going to be a thing in a future update. Perhaps with migrating tribals, raiders, etc.

Don't let the hardcore anons keep you down, user. If it's comfy it's top-tier.

enjoy your ez mode

I play Randy Extreme and I disable all positive/negative events. No cargo pods, no manhunters, no thrumbos, no psychic soothe, nothing. Only wanderers, visitors, traders, raids, etc. Makes the game feel more like Dwarf Fortress.

jesus christ

That sounds kinda fun actually.

I agree. Not sure about removing manhunters though. I quite enjoy them.

Jesus how horrifying.

Has anybody tried using chickens as weapons? A hen can lay about an egg a day, so if you had a decent sized breeding force of 25 hens and 5 roosters you could make 375 chicks a season, the earliest of which would mature just after the end of the season. All in all assuming you did constant births, you could have 25 chicks maturing a day. Just have a killbox as the only entrance to your base, and no turrets or traps so even sappers don't see any reason to try and dig around. When they come, send all of your non-breeding chickens to the entrance, they'll have to start attacking chickens to clear a path through the swarm and the chickens will overwhelm them. If you're running a medieval mod pack this would become even more deadly.

It works. I've done it before. Though I would bring back up with my chickens to make the fight go by easier.

They're great against sappers too. Sappers tend to go full autism and start throwing grenades everyone, and on themselves, when you launch the chicken brigade.

Randy dropped some fertilized eggs on me a season ago, planned on having some chickens but they all disappeared... maybe the dogs ate them.

I hope Tynan nerfs this by making it so prey animals don't fight back and raiders ignore them over pawns and buildings so that deer will stop attacking my fucking hunters like some bullshit retarded bizarro-world

>leave colony running while doing stuff
>permadeath
>think it'll only be awhile
>it's more than awhile
>Plunderers have arrived! These are bounty hunters that have come to collect a bounty on your colony!
>everyone still alive, click notification
>they spawned on a zombie-infested border and killed a bunch for me before being overwhelmed and killed

When is Tynan going to add in CRs equipment system?

I hope Tynan quits being a fart-sniffing retard with "balance" and nerfs for his stupid "storytelling"

top kek

We could have guns that spray resin covered rice so it sticks to the raiders and the chickens peck them to death trying to eat the rice.

There should be a distinction between ''dumb'' construction and the construction of things that can have varying quality, like furniture. So you can assign colonists to build without having them create awful beds

Thoughts on the mod that adds circuitbreakers?

I personally don't use it. If I don't want BZZZT during a playthrough I might as well scenario them out.

baths when

>baths
Mhmm, I actually don't mind that. We can do away perhaps with the uber-realism shitting mechanics but I wouldn't mind showers and washing rooms to give your colonists mood buffs. Perhaps even a sauna during the winters, or a pool for hotter climates.

How should I improve my chapel

Fill it to the brim with chickens

needs a pipe organ

install a pews mod

or rugs if you're that kind of chapel

daily reminder

As soon as the sprite artist finishes the work for my mod.

That's pretty much what it does, yeah

Don't post your ERP sessions here

Denmark/10

Rest in peace loli escapee. You will be missed.

But not by the sniper pirate ofcourse.

If you destroy every camp on the map they stop spawning.

>pyro colonist joins
>draft my doctor, shoot them
>doctors husband takes a big negative hit to his mood because he thinks she's a murderer now

I guess I should just go back to throwing people into suicide attacks against raiders

Is being able to dig lines like that a mod? I was never able to highlight tiles that weren't accessible without digging

Get Psychology, you can treat pyromaniacs

Alternatively, you could build a tiny room around a steam geyser. When a person like that shows up, draft them and throw them into the room, then forbid the door behind them and wait until they die from the heat.

Go to the orders tab, select mine. You can select a 50x50 area of rock to be mines.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this.

guys is the 40k overhaul out yet?

You've been selecting tiles to be mined individually???

she was too young to go

rip

Or a 2x2 room with 3 heaters in it.

>group of 4 visitors from an outworld
>all of them have zany backstories like being a VR dev or "stiletto assassin"

Is there any list of all the characters people bought? Wiki only seems to have standard backstories

Thanks

Guess I've got brain problems

I'm tempted to start doing this to my map, but I'm afraid of starting giant infestations far away from my base where it's a pain in the ass to go purge them

Seems like backstories that people bought take up about half/more than half of the backstories.

So at least many have tastes but the one's that are really memey are quite obvious.

Make it less Danish

>accept a refugee
>he drop pods onto my base
>what
>raiders drop into it shortly after
>wreck the shit out of them, mop up the runners with melee while they're trying to get through the locked doors

feels good man. you're locked in here with ME

I'm definitely going to regret it but I haven't seen a trader in like 3 seasons so I'm going crazy.

Randy saw this post and dropped mechanoids into my hospital FML

I love making massive caverns because I believe it significantly decreases the likelihood of the infestation being in a part that matters, like the freezer or work room. This playthrough all the infestations have been in the cavern and I can clear them out with sniping very easily.

A cavern is one thing, but trying to clear bugs out of a grid made of 1 tile wide lines looks like a nightmare

yo that's actually a really good idea

It's actually super fucking fun though. Drop pod raids are awesome, you have to draft up tactical teams and plan for urban warfare instead of just building a funnel and killzone. My melee colonists just reclaimed the hospital so our wounded could be treated and now I'm sending fresh soldiers to clear the mechanoids out of the front lawn. They're all getting into position now.

this game is shit because you cant dig down and find magma caverns

Post screencaps

The columns have gaps of 6 tiles between them, this way the fucking bugs knock out the columns and the cave in is only one tile, where the column was. So if they fuck up columns in the storage areas none of the items get crushed.

Yeah that's annoying. It prefer to build doors and some wood stuff in grids like that so I can send a molotov or incendiary launcher to burn them out.

I learned my lesson. And I'm going to heavily invest in good armor to prevent a tragedy like this to happen again. Power armor is almost done being researched.

I'm stealing your cavern plans lad

>can't dig down and have to fight demons from hell

man what a shame

>there is no tier of armour between a shitty vest that still lets all your limbs get blown off in one hit and 7k silver power armour

Explain this