>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

>tfw live in northern hemisphere and cant ride for few more months

>live in the southern hemisphere but am surrounded by kaffirs.

Is a Bandit 1200 good for daily use?
I ride a KLR 650 now. My commute is 45-60 minutes each way, and I carry a shit load of stuff.

I'd like a Suzuki DL-1000 V-Strom but I can`t afford one.

Suggestions welcome, keeping in mind I am poor.

>can't ride in winter

>what are knobby tires and snowmobile/thermal gear

Dude I live in Canada, there's two guys with converted Gixers and at least four guys who ride dualsports all winter in my city. I see them out all the time especially during a fresh blizzard.

That's also not counting the dirtbike fags who live way out in my cities suburbs.

>a Bandit 1200 good for daily use?

That's what it's for.

Also hello my south african friend, I really like "the bike show" youtube channel
from SA.

SO ABOUT THOSE MOTORBIKES

cool for them but I bet you don't ride in blizzards too and are now trying to blame user?
shame on you

>tfw UK
>cold, but next to no snow and it's barely even rained so far this winter
It'd be great, except I've been a nobike for almost two weeks now, and there's still a week to go until new bike.

>daily
>commuting and carry stuff
that's the bandits main purpose m8, you good to go

I KNOW THEY'RE PRETTY NAZ- I MEAN NICE RIGHT?

NAZI BIKES ARE NICEST BIKES

I don't have a bike right now but I will likely winter ride when I do have one.

DILDOS

>Based on the position of the mirror and where his shoulder is in it, he can't be bolt upright unless he's a turbo manlet

nah he's bolt upright, trust me. I have a moderately low + leaned off body position and it looks like this from the cameras perspective, you can visibly tell when somebody is down on or under the screen line etc.

My point is it really isn't a big deal for 10 degrees of lean angle, /dbt/ is obsessed with body position because it's the easiest thing to critique, it's important to critique mind you, but not on somebody just learning to corner who would find it very uncomfortable to lean off to a larger degree without any centrifugal force to keep him on the bike so he'd literally be hanging off.

He just needs some practice and go hit some real twisties, he doesn't need his ear fucking chewed off, he's an overexcited noob posting crap, I get it, it's annoying but he'll get there eventually...maybe.

>TFW own a bike but it needs to be revived
Lame.

Should I annoy my instructor soon about upgrading my license or should I wait until I want to actually do it? I'm not going to get a new bike this year yet.
My inspection is due by May, should I get it done ASAP and "waste" a few months of inspection-free riding, or wait until May and risk not having access to my bike when the weather is nice?

Just do it ASAP. I waited for the same reason, but it ended up taking a lot longer to do my unrestricted license than I expected. If you get it out of the way then there's no nasty surprises.

cringe

HONDA WHAT THE FUCK I HAVE A 4K MONITOR AND YOU GIVE ME A FUCKING MOBILE WEBSITE?

>Yamacucks

>that picture
fucking slowfag. Lean more

>all that edge

>up to -20 celsius cold
>20-30cm snow
>if there is a single day temp drops even close to -5c the assholes will lay down trillion tons of salt on roads

i just dont think its worth it, is it even enjoyable?

>yamaha

witblitz is dat u

Anyone else a complete retard like me and wasted hundreds on gear I don't need?

Whats the best way to remove surface rust?

My exhaust is basically black and brown.

bought 4 jackets in last 2 years, should really sell those 2 of them I don't use at all. they're like new and just hang around

use a towel with coke, clean and let it sit on the rust for a few hours. Then polish with aluminum foil

I got a leather jacket for £100, it's nice, feels like it would protect me well if I go down but impractical, and come summer it will be horrible.

The mt10 sp is just 800€ short than a tuono.

I got 3 riding jackets, 2 were gifted.
Only one fits properly, also i bought pants and boots a year ago but i realized they don't quite fit.
I'll probably sell the dainese jacket and a few other things, and buy one that fits.

we've all bought shit gear we regret, for me it was a cheap AGV helmet and SMX-1s

whats wrong with smx-1s?

But you get newbike and that is hype. So stay happy my nogger

they are less comfortable than my SMX-5 somehow, I should have just started with SMX-5/6s and then some track boots like supertech or SIDI vortice or whatever with some actual good ankle protection because I literally just don't wear the SMX-1s at all now.

I live in Massachusetts and there are some sick fucks here that ride all winter. Watching them from inside my car is amazing because they look completely unphased by the 10F wind blowing in their face at 80mph. They aren't bundled up in eskimo-tier clothing either. Most of the shit they wear looks pretty slimming. So I don't know whats going on, but it's definitely possible to do it.

Went on the highway on a 125, don't recommend it.

They're wearing gear that hooks up to the battery with heating elements inside it.

It's also very very expensive gear.

A for effort

I did this after passing my first test on a CBR125
Do not recommend. Took first exit.

git gud

Yay, meme tires for the meme bike!

A challenger appears!

> lives in the arctic.

California here, I'll be splitting lanes through town for 20 minutes to get to an empty 20 miles of corners to look at the fresh snow in the mountains again this weekend.

Wet or dry chain lube?

>TFW shaft drive

Some jackass stole the LEDs out of my turn signals. Since he ripped the wiring i either have to solder new sockets in there or buy new signals.
>im buying new signals cause its suprisingly cheap and i hate soldering.
>also why

Post your CLEAN bike, no dirty bikes allowed!

>should have got p4s
>shaft drive my man. If i had a chain id go with the goopy stuff.

Niggers

My rear wheel is slipping a lot, wtf

Lmao what a retard.

They were on a stupidly good sale. $175 CAD for the set.

>1776

Please explain

It was a joke. What are you, German, that you can't even get a simple joke?

I mean, probably.
>welcome to detroit.

Guy in the picture was washing the bike with a pump and soap, then the other post came around.

>mexicans

Oh.. fuck, I'm sorry you had to explain that. Jokes go over my head easily.

I only have one pair of boots that were a complete waste of money. All my other gear get's worn season depending and replaced when worn out.

Don't buy boots that will not protect/support your ankles, one foot plant and these things made their way to the back shelf.

Sometimes I'll buy meme helmets just to post because it triggers people

That's a pretty good deal.

they are not bad tires. I don't like the way multi compound front tires wear. they turned triangle shaped for me since I spend all my bike time in the twisties.

Get single compound fromt and multi compound rear. That way it wears evenly with all the burnouts.

so dbt, I bought a literal barn find Honda C100 from 1964. The motor turns over and makes spark, but the kickstarter isn't engaging. Do I put $160 worth of parts into this little 50cc motor to get it working again as a bumpstart machine, or put $400 into a Lifan 125cc swap? There's some other stuff that needs replacing, too, including the wiring, and the Lifan motor with rewiring for a 12V system seems to make a lot of sense to me.

What's the value of an original c100? It's only original once.

these boots look fine though in terms of ankle protection, and it will be easy to shift up gears in them.

r8

So this one is in pretty rough condition - very little rust, but the paint is janky, the seat has seen far better days, the engine's side cover was cracked, the plastics have rotted, the bars are bent from a crash, and so on. I could revert it to original condition with a few hundred dollars in parts and a lot of work, and then sell it later for like $800-1000, but this one's ratty enough that I think the option of street-rodding it out with a larger motor and manual trans is a lot more fun sounding and probably more realistically usable around town.

>just
/10

Yep, absolutely fine except for the complete lack of lateral security. I do so love rolling my ankle over and snapping my shit up.

>Wr125/10

I say do it my dude. Madass that bitch

don't be a retard then

>Madass

Shits cool

Ditto.

I'm now the owner of a 2005 ninja 636. Any current or previous owners wanna drop some knowledge on me? Anything I should look out for matniance wise?

Change the oil more often than you think you need to.
I changed mine every 5k miles and vy the time the bike had 20k on it i had to tear down the engine because of sludge.
Still not sure if it was the engine or the oil but ymmv

I'm bored, guys.

Go for a ride then.

Which martial art should I pick up? I don't really care if it's not particularly practical for self defense.

take one dow

Need to clean carbs. Also it's freezing outside and my hands would be numb within twenty minutes.

Jew jitsu

That is currently at the top of my list desu

Clean those carbs then. Then buy yourself a good pair of gloves.

>doing things
>spending money
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

jiu jitsu bra

Wear ski gloves or mittens. They work.

Krav maga

meme

any reasons why I should go for this over taekwondo?

It works tho

>only wanting something passive
>nothing to start a fight with
lol

Starting fights is for poor people. Krav maga is badass as shit famalam

Judo it is then.