Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AKz7ivGt0rM
youtube.com/watch?v=sh7hZfhxQ-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=T0oXZm2iOzg
youtube.com/watch?v=GWdFAqssv1A
youtube.com/watch?v=tPrNpi6k9Vw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You mean the new Dodge Neon?

lol is it the same car with a different name ?

You mean the new Fiat Tipo?

A co-worker at my last job bought one just before I switched jobs.
It look really good with the 17'' wheels. It's way bigger live than in photos. It's bigger than an 1 series.
For the price, it's really good value for money.

yup. Coming to America in 2018 to replace the outgoing Dodge Dart.

Let us know how it is. Us Americans haven't driven them yet.

Woah. Fiat doubling down on GM engineering?

Is there even a significant difference between the Dart and the Egea/Neon?

>Is there even a significant difference between the Dart and the Egea/Neon?
The Dart is based on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta.
Engine options are the 1.4L MultiAir Turbo from the Fiat 500 Abarth, the 2.0L Tigershark I4 (same 160 HP as the 1.4L Turbo), or the 2.4L Tigershark I4 (184 HP).
youtube.com/watch?v=AKz7ivGt0rM

You mean the tipo?

>getting rid of the Dart name
>bringing back the all time shittiest name for a car

The Dart sold like shit. The Neon name is still nostalgic because it was so fun to drive.
youtube.com/watch?v=sh7hZfhxQ-Q

I don't think it's a car for the US.
Here they start at 16.900€ which is a bargain. It's supposed to compete with Pug 308, Renault Megane, VW Golf but it's priced way lower.
The engines are crap here. With only gas engine being the 95hp 1.4
But the 1.6 diesel with 120 is very good.

For the US I suppose you get the same engines has the Dart had.

Never got why they didn't re-badged the Dart back then. Cause this tipo is an evolution from that. But that does look like they were refining the chassis for the European market.

See, the bringing back the Neon name is big new in the USA. The Neon quickly earned a reputation for being extremely fun to drive. It even dominated its class in SCCA showroom stock racing (aside from stripped interiors, rollcages and safety equipment like a fire suppression system, they were straight off the showroom floor)
See:
and this.
youtube.com/watch?v=T0oXZm2iOzg
youtube.com/watch?v=GWdFAqssv1A
youtube.com/watch?v=tPrNpi6k9Vw

They're very fondly remembered here in the US, so long as it wasn't an automatic model. I guarantee the new US model will get the 1.4L Turbo. Beyond that is unknown. Is it fun to drive like the original Neon? That's all I care about.

The Dart is based on the Alfa Giulietta, the Aegea is based on the Fiat Linea.

I don't know why people would buy the new Neon when the Dart apparently didn't sell well (I see a new one almost every day so idk). They are practically the same car and they're even offering the same engine options, none of which were particularly suited to pulling the fat-ass Dart around.

At least the 1.4t aftermarket will only grow stronger.

No, they're not.
They already sell every Tipo/Aegea the turkish plant has capacity to make.

>built in turkey and being imported to usa

We're getting a roach car

Fuck you, 1G neons are dope as fuck. ACR versions were the best American compact cars. Faster than same year Civic Si and a case full of SCCA showroom stock trophies.

They'll find a way. Just like when Chrysler introduced the first minivans. Within 6 months, the factory was at capacity and couldn't keep up with demand. So they built another factory. And then that one was also running at capacity.

Honestly? It's pretty nice looking.

Shame it's Fiat tho.

This + reliability of a Mazda would make a perfect DD.

>egea
Definitely needs a more awkward, random name

>chrysler version of a fiat
ew

>what is FCA
it's Ægea btw, or Tipo for the EU market.
>Shame it's Fiat tho.
why?

Shit quality interior, great design though. The sedan engines are fucking garbage, the hatchback once it comes out will be the best choice with a T-jet 120hp engine. Otherwise I dont like the transimission, it has a short stick but a long gear travel. Suspension is ok I guess. Built in satnav in the """"""luxury""""" version is garbage.
tl;dr wait for the hatckback, otherwise a budget family sedan.

t. Fiat dealer