Are cigarette volt/tempmeter meme?

Are cigarette volt/tempmeter meme?

Your a meme

Skullblower is a meme.

Whatever that shit you posted is just a random shitty product.

where can you get one that wont blow?

bump

cigarette voltmeter is useless. the purpose of monitoring voltage in a car is to check on the voltage at the battery terminals. therefore the voltage should be monitored at the battery and not at the cigarette lighter.

Since the reading of OP's device is staged, seeing 12.3 volts is annoying as that is not a good value for a lead acid car battery. Assuming the battery is properly charged, then perhaps that chinese voltmeter is off calibration.

Digital voltmeters are meme. An analog meter that has an actual needle has FAR more sensitivity and resolution than a digital readout could ever offer. Besides, the human eye is very sensitive to movement. If you need to watch your voltage, get a meter that will actually tell you something.

With older cars the entire car is wired in parallel so the voltage at the battery is the voltage at the 12v port unless there's a voltage regulator built in which I'm sure many new cars have.

Also 12.4 I believe is the ideal voltage for a car battery. The reading will only go over that and up to around ~14V when the alternator is charging it.
I bet if you test your batteries voltage in the morning after the car hasn't run all night, it'll be around 12V as it should be.

Don't post about shit you don't know.

Kek

Yes and no. If you have an older car it'll tell you your battery voltage and interior temperature just fine. Within a tolerance of course because you wouldnt want you electrician using a 50 cent voltmeter when he wired your house. The voltage display will most likely not display your battery voltage in newer cars.

With newer cars that voltage reading is deceptive.

>Are cigarette volt/tempmeter meme?
meme yes.
but people like adding cheap flashy rice.

Riorand is one of those chinese companies that makes everything from sleeping bags, automotive parts, electronic gadgets, electronic instruments, and even flashy crystal balls. Whatever they can copy and make they'll do it. Entrepreneural frenzy mode to sell whatever small products they can get their hands on.

The problem with generic "we sell everything" places is that China has a large "rejected parts market". The major manufacturers test their electronic components to verify the resistors, transistors, integrated circuits, inductors, capacitors, parts assemblies, etc, meet specifications as well as operate within tolerance or have accuracy. Out of tolerance parts or devices that do not provide correct readings are rejected. **BUT** instead of tossing into the trash, these reject parts are sold to 2nd and 3rd tier companies for use in making products.....

>riorand_cigarette_lighter(...).jpg
OP, that device you are showing has a different color for that blue "1" digit. The chinese company cheaped out there.

And since interior temperature is always going to be within the twenties range for comfort, it doesn't make sense to have that kind of display. The empty space gap between the "2" and "1" makes the number look like: "2 1.2". Very clumsy looking especially in the dark.

Idk why you would need to read the temperature of the cigarette lighter. Ive never had a problem with them

Wut? Just because it drops?

I was driving a brand new International truck today and the voltmeter was at like 16v. The truck also has 4 big batteries. But most of them still run at like 14v.

>Not having a built in Ammeter or Volt Meter
Why live?

Redundancy is good.

Redundancy is good.

I have trouble following.

Center console pulls the battery charge while dash pulls alternator output.

That was your argument right?

Naw I was just kidding around that having something like the cigarette lighter voltmeter as a another source of that info would be good because it's redundant and that's good.

>Center console pulls the battery charge while dash pulls alternator output.
Now this I'm not following. If you're talking about those gauges in the pic, they're displaying interrelated info. For various failures there are situations where you can have normal Voltage but low Amperage, or vice versa, so you'd like to have both bits of data to begin to form a hypothesis in the event of failure.

I think we're on the same page but there's a miscommunication lol.

I thought the redundancy comment was aimed towards me. The only way I could make it fit was assuming you thought the voltage meter in the center console and the alternator output gauge in the dash were showing the same info.

...which is a mistake that could be made to the untrained eye lol

Yep, definitely a miscommunication due to my being unclear

Note that I didn't say it was a good joke lol

Not that guy, but my chebby Malibu has a voltmeter display supplied available as one of the display gauge options. That's because it has a customizable visual screen as part of the gauge clusters.

The voltage seems to be sensed at the battery. As to which one, I don't know because the newer Malibu have two sealed batteries. One AGM batt is under the hood for cranking and regular usage and the other is in the trunk and takes over for electronics and runs things during EcoTec engine stop. When not running, and stereo/lights on, the voltage is 12.7 and slowly drops to 12.4 over quite a while. When started, it can rise to 13.3 volts although I've seen it peak as high as 14.4 volts once. So it is apparently the voltage at the battery and which varies depending on how both the batteries are being charged. I don't know how both batteries are connected and the stealership will not tell me when I asked.

That red wire you see sticking out the top ends in a tiny black thermocouple used to sample the air temperature at the console. I think that red wire is not only fragile looking, but is ugly. But maybe you can cut it and put connectors on it. Then extend that thermocouple to be long enough to dip into your coffee or soda to monitor its temperature. Ha That would be just as practical?

Quality is suspicious when individual digits have different colors or brightness levels. Are they 2nd class parts?