Turbo engine with small displacement

>1.5L turbo
>makes 153hp

>My old ass car with 2.4L N/A
>makes 160hp

Can they stop with this meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/hyundai-sonata-lx-road-test
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/reviews/a6109/drive-flashback-deja-vroom-mustang-lx-firebird-formula/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Chevy Cruze is better looking and less angry than the Civic

My car with 2.0 liter made 99 hp when new

>Renault 1.2l TCe makes 130hp
>old-ass NA 5.0l chebby 305 made ~125hp

I can cherrypick too.

>>old-ass NA 5.0l chebby 305 made ~125hp
in the 1970's sure. Most of the surviving 305s though are from the 80s and make ~175 HP.

Well yeah, I cherrypicked.

175 hp from 5 liters are much better of course.

>Ford 2.0L Duratec makes 143hp
>old ass Renaults are all broken and make 0hp

I can cherry pick too.

I remember when the Cruze replaced the Cobalt and the standard hp dropped from 155hp with the 2.2L Ecotec to 136hp with the 1.8L and only 138hp with the 1.4T. And for what reason? The old Cobalt XFE knocked down almost 40mpg highway already.

Those Renault engines have very little known issues though. Their problems have always been electronics, rust and overall build quality.

>XFE knocked down almost 40mpg highway already.
That's what I mean with this thread, we were already really efficient with the NA engines we had, why add more parts too fail?

Idk, it's the same thing with the new Focus. The SFE gets 40mpg highway same as the 123hp 1.0L Ecoboost while having a 160hp 2.0L N/A Duratec. But I guess the Ecoboost gets better city mileage(by a measly 1mpg). I think it has a lot to do with CAFE standards.

1800cc (m271) with supercharger, still only manages 122hp.

>TFW adding supercharger just to have it sit at 2psi probably made the power to weight ratio worse.

>HURR SMALL ENGINE WITH FORCED INDUCTION IS AS POWERFUL AS LARGER NA ENGINE
OK? That's literally the point. Idiot.

Yeah, small ass engines that is still weak as fuck, get marginally better economy, and now as another point of failure that isn't necessary if they bored her out a little bigger.

The 305 is shit to start with. You hit the HP limit of it around 300 HP because the small cylinder bore limits the size valves you can use, and short of forced induction or a stroker kit (which why would you? The stroke is already too long and a 350 swap is better and so much cheaper), you'd not going over 300 HP.

>area under the curve

>He doesn't like the 2025 Honda Civic with the 250cc OctoTurbo engine

It probably gets 35MPGs and has a broader torque curve, I doubt your car makes 120 to the wheels

>It probably gets 35MPGs
It probably gets even more than that, but it's stupid, at least keep the size at 2.0L at least, these dinky 1.5 motors are trash.

My 2.4L N/A should only make like 123hp or something...

Now compare the torque figures and where they peak. Compare fuel economy while you're at it.

best rim design Mercedes ever released

You made the wrong choice m8.
The olded 202 with the M111.974 made 194HP.

>6.0L V8
>less than 200 hp
is this the power of american auto industry?

This is fucking wrong
Majority of 305s only made 140/220
I know because most 305s were like the one in my 87 Monte LS

>Monte LS
confirmed for shit version of the 305. You do know the SS sold better than the LS right?
LS model 305s made 150 HP until 1985 when the low output 305 jumped to 165 HP.
SS model 305s made 180 HP, so estimating 175 HP was close enough

Yeah, wikipedia is wrong especially considering there's no citation for the flame of the jump in hp from 150-165 in 85 which is total horseshit, the 305 was 150hp from 85 on except the 305 HO in the SS which was about 180 due to a hotter cam and better rocker arms, other than that the engine was a turd because no matter how much aftermarket you threw at it, it made shit for power

>tfw euro
>used to like burger cars despite their flaws
>used to get upset when people complained about hp to displacement ratio
>start going on Veeky Forums
>now I hate americans and their cars
Fuck all of you

>twin turbo v12
>same hp as an n/a v8

Really makes you think

>3.3L Sonata V6
>Faster than a foxbody 5.0
정말로 당신 생각을하게합니다.

Surprised it took twenty years to match a an old pushrod shitbox.
Even today's v6 stang smokes a hyundai lmao

Only autists care this fucking much about asthmatic V8s

I'm just ball bustin, American V6 has come such a long way the police cars can be V6 and get your ass.

True mang, I don't even like mustangs.

>he doesn't form emotional attatchments with combustion engines
hahah take at look at this loser

>3.3L Sonata 0-60 7.0s 1/4 mile 15.5s @ 92mph
>5.0 Mustang 0-60 6.0s 1/4 mile 14.6 @ 97mph

Yeah, not even fucking close retard.

caranddriver.com/reviews/hyundai-sonata-lx-road-test

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/reviews/a6109/drive-flashback-deja-vroom-mustang-lx-firebird-formula/

But how are you gonna provide profit to the automakers through wearing your car out by forcing a shit load of air in a tiny space so that you are forced to renew your transport with parts and repair costs/an entirely new car?