/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Pawn Merryment Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OTNfuztCMgM
youtube.com/watch?v=EioUJCiy7_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for battle waifus

youtube.com/watch?v=OTNfuztCMgM

If the drake is owning your ass, you can always try to get some torpor dagger strider to shit on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=EioUJCiy7_Q

Current party feeling a good balance.

I mean rusted weapons are pretty much always useful unless it's a ghost type enemy, Grigori or awakened Daimon

GRACE
GRACE
GRACE
GRACE

That glorious half-swording mother fucker.

>Barbarian
Check
>Adventure ready Mage
Check
>Shady stealth character
Check
>Protag
Double Check

Pretty solid party you have their user.

My first urdy on pc!

i was JUST about to go sleep
thanks lad
didn't get what i wanted though

Grats user nice thicc arisen too

Is it normal for online Ur-dragon to suddenly fuck off and fly away to never come back?

Yes but its very rare

Congrats!

After about 10 minutes it leaves. If you're fighting it during grace on pc you should be able to kill it in 1 hit though, the thing is broken or something.

nice

Ur Dragon items can be gifted right?

If a pawn can equip it yeah

Veeky Forums and also /mbg/

>no poleaxes
>no half-swording
>no firearms
feels bad man

>My My...

aw shit lads, I just cucked the duke

Mein Nieger!

The name Jimmy Rome mean anything to you? Honestly surprised that there isn't more overlap.

Also
>no axes
>no spears
>none of the 9001 obscure and cultural varieties of each weapons
>no Khopesh

>tfw no armor like this

>Jimmy Rome
Doesn't ring any bells, I'm afraid. Right now I'm only in a GURPS campaign playing as a Dwarven streltsy.

>no bardiches

Definitely reccomend checking out the SoS general then if you haven't already. They love history, arms and armour and fairly accurate tabletop gameplay.

Aw shit, my internet is down

So there's this generic mission to kill a griffin, it says it's in Hill Figure Knoll, but the map points to that bandits' stronghold in the south. I actually find that giant chicken in the NW outskirts of Gran Soren, the pastures, by chance.

I fight it, grab her rear and stick my daggers in her while flying, what a ride, I thought. I'm almost done but I run out of fish and I drop, low on stamina.

The fucker runs away, I still give some chase but she disappears in the sky.

What could I have done? Also, why can't my sorcerer reliably enchant my weapons?

>t says it's in Hill Figure Knoll, but the map points to that bandits' stronghold in the south. I actually find that giant chicken in the NW outskirts of Gran Soren,

Yep, these are the 3 places in which you can find the Grifbullies.

>What could I have done?

It's a fight in which fire is essential to not make it fly, so Scalding Razor or some blast arrows or dragon's spit and such. Using too much fire makes the fight too easy, so try to not abuse it.
For stamina, large mushrooms, fishes suck. Or, even better one liquid vim. You should always have some large mushrooms and 1 liquid vim with you.

Forgot

> Also, why can't my sorcerer reliably enchant my weapons?

Because you didn't use the right d-pad bottom.

>it says it's in Hill Figure Knoll, but the map points to that bandits' stronghold in the south.
Kill quests generally don't have map markers. That is the marker for another quest.

Father?

Is she cute?

Noob here.

Should I REALLY start exploring the DLC in post game? What is a suitable level for the DLC so you don't get raped everytime something big shows up?

Also, if you look for pawns in the rift, what inclinations and vocations/skills you desire the most? Just so I know what I should make my main pawn into if Im looking for hiring

You are cute

Okay?????

Alright, I'm finding the control bindings in the options a little... lacking. Specifically, it doesn't seem like you can change which keys control menus (it's always WASD, even though I've set movement to ESDF) and the fire arrow key always remains F even if you rebind grapple to something else.
Is there any sort of config file where I can make these changes? Because they're driving me nuts.

No, feel free to check it out whenever you feel comfortable with your current vocation and gear. You WILL get raped every time something big shows up though, that's an integral part of the low level Bitterbutt experience.

>inclinations and vocations
Mages, Sorcerers, Warriors, Fighters. In that order. Mostly because both my Arisen and pawn are Striders.

>skills
Mage - Comestion, Grapnel, no more than two weapon buffs. The rest is whatever.
For Fighters, the less shield skills you have, the more active your pawn will be.
For Sorcs and Warriors, anything goes. I've even seen pawns that manage to Arc fools somewhat successfully.
Striders are kinda complicated. You want Skullsplitter, but you'll need to figure out the rest yourself.
Rangers are bitches and whores.

Corrupted pawns don't even show up in the Everfall.

I don't count the Ur ones really

> Warriors, Fighters.
> In that order.
>Warrior over fighter

Senpai, bullshit desu, especially when you consider how few people set properly their pawn warrior's skills.

Oh shit.

>warrior pawn
>doesn't have Exodus, corona and whirlwind slash

m8 pls

You too, user.

>tfw no sickass lamellar

As I thought. I find my self looking for High Anodyne and Malidom on Mage and the rest whatever I need. Mostly.

I've got a 200 Mage Pawn, is it worth Upgrading Anodyne? I've heard that High Anodyne is not that much of an upgrade since it takes longer to cast for very little healing speed.

What happens if I use Art of Metamorphosis, load into the game, but then reload back to checkpoint?
Should I just back up my save instead, just in case?

Are you PC? Just grab Dinput, it changes the "Manual" option before the main menu to infinite character customization changes, if not I can't remember, I think it is a one use item regardless since its used out of gameplay.

There's a point when you don't even rely on magic healing anymore.

Even no healing equipped? Surely that would put people off hiring.

The fact that it's a mage is what's putting people off. They're useless above lv30-40.

Is it bad idea to try Lissitude on Daimon?

Is there a way to change the damage log size in dinput8? The clock setting has a box in which you can put the size value, but the damage log setting doesn't.

Well that sucks. Will look into the dinput thing, thanks, user.

First form is susceptible to torpor, but there are way easier ways to put that on him.

What physical Vocation is usually more desired on a hired pawn over here, /ddg/?

The self rezzing thing is kinda neat. And garpel mages don't really need to attack.

Fuck Daimon2's levin

Halidom is useful for Curse and poison.

Anyone here still play on console? I haven't been on here since a little before the PC release, is it any good?

Also anyone on Xbox pls rent

Its the definitive version. Not to mention dinput is a fucking godsend.

>clocked in almost 300 hours
>just now realized you can change your pawn's name
FUCK

>when you are going autistic with the leveling and Daimon gives you two levels
f

Wish my PC wasn't ancient...
>clocked 2000 hours, only just realised you can sort things in inventory

Pirate it and see how well it runs, what're your specs? Its a great port.

What's the recommended level for Awakened Daimon for Mystic Knight? I defeated him on console with Magick Archer and it was pretty easy but now i am having trouble with some of his attacks

I dunno my specs by heart but I'm 99.9% sure my PC will not run it, it struggles with Warcraft 3...

Oh, well, rip.

Jesus fuck, user, are you playing on an actual toaster?

>it struggles with Warcraft 3
Jesus christ.

For real. Are you browsing this general daily? Is that super autistic guy still here who makes the webms?

Only since I recently started playing again maybe a week ago, I haven't seen any autistic webms though, just shitty action poses with awful reshades and enbs.

You're god damn right I am.
Never been poor?
Damn, one time I rented his pawn and sent her back in lewd clothing and he made a webm of his Arisen beating up my pawn and brining her. Those were the days

Can you get all the achievements by beating the game once?

I'm talking about the different decisions you can make when facing the Senechal. Can you do that in one try, or will it take another playthrough?

No, it requires 2 maybe 3 playthroughs if you fucked it up.

Yeah, those are glorified game over states. You'll still need to finish NG+ though.

Hired archer pawn just killed the dragon in 6-7 shots, what the hell was that? My epic final battle is ruined!

So I can't grab an achievement, reload and do it properly?

>just now realized you can change your pawn's name

How?

Art /Secret of Metamorphosis. Not sure how I never realized that it lets you change your names.

You literally can.

If you lose to the senechal you can reload. If you choose death in the test of resolve your file gets wiped.

He offered oblivion, the fuck you expect.

>your file gets wiped

haha

He can't wipe out a backup. Or can He?

Check his rings.

First chapter of the DDON manga just dropped

>DDON exists

That's just, fairy tail isn't it?

>DDON exists

Nope. They made some bland protags though I won't lie

yes or no
si o no

for FUCK sake

atleast its not Julien

[sudden urge to name pain toto]

7/10, see if you can narrow her jawline a bit without changing the rest too much.

What's the story in DDON? I heard it is nothing like the first game

kek, i got the forest Loli on mine

These kids look way too happy for being Arisen wtf

It's been 10 months, and now I want to play this shit again. I can't keep myself away and I fired it right now and I have a fuckton of RC.

Is there a fix for 21:9 monitors available now or does it still have a fucked UI?

There are no Pawns and everyone is the "Chosen" Arisen. Or some shit. Its trash compared to DD.

Not much is translated but the gist of it is
>Land of lestania has a golden age alongside a dragons help who makes their king an arisen and chooses them as his heir
>Alcehmist comes out and says fuck dragons men shouldn't serve them
>Eventually convinces the king and makes him an imperfect dragon which is the gold dragon
>They fought for three days and nights
>The white dragon finally won over the gold dragon but it took a grave injury and was slowly petrifying
>It makes arisen to protect himself who serve him and later chooses an arisen named leo as his new heir
>Orcs and monsters are running across the land fucking everything up and taking over their settlements pushing them back to the temple as their last main settlement
>They're hunting for elves and have driven them to near extinction for life essence to bring the alchemist from across the rift where he was imprisoned and revive the gold dragon

It goes on from there with some betrayls and mind control and other nonsense. Season 2s story is just
>A girl washes up on a beach
>A black knight is hunting for her while calling you an arisen of an imperfect dragon

And that's all I know about it so far