Too much pressure?

So.. I have this 4efte engine which supports 0.5 Bar pressure stock, my problem is that I feel my head gasket is giving up when upping the pressure. What can I do to prevent this when going above 0.5 bar. Already redid gasket twice :(

buy a better headgasket, other than that not much, maybe disable the high boost actuator so it stays in the 0.4 low boost mode

over torque the head studs

but why did you post a pic of a starter motor?

weld it

thats an alternator you dummy XD

>shitbox problems

o ring the head and block, run a copper gasket and stainless fire ring. enjoy your boost.

What's the stock CR on your engine, user?

stick to shitposting about corvettes

As soon as you find somewhere else to cry about how weak and shitty your engine is, like your bad decisions are someone else's fault.

sometime you have to realize when to let it go
buy new car, probably it's the best option if you already did twice the headgasket

>What can I do to prevent this when going above 0.5 bar. Already redid gasket twice :(
Almost certainly detonation. Figure out why and fix it.

bro join the tercel group, email me at
[email protected]

maybe I'll try!

I live on a shitty 3rd world island. There is no vette. we drive only econoboxes.

8.2:1

why the question?

Because of this . No point on o-ringing and running a copper/MLS headgasket yet, you better fix the source of that shit because head gaskets aren't supposed to blow all the time. I also had a car that ate headgaskets like a motherfucker even though the stock engine was supposedly able to take boost like there was no tomorrow. Turns out the previous owner had used the engine in an N/A racecar and had milled the block, effectively raising what should've been an 8.5CR to 9.2. Before I realized though, a new headgasket lasted literally a week because it was the weakest link that succumbed to detonation. Then I rebuilt the thing, got low comp pistons and everything and then, sadly, it wasn't the gasket that was kill but literally a fucking skirt from a piston broke.

Check any possible reason for detonation, user. Do you have an AFR meter? What sort of ECU are you using? Poor gass maybe (a problem I know too well being a fellow 3rd worlder)?

Thanks for the info.

I guess it can be that its getting the comp up. Using the glanza stock ecu, no AFR, but I think fuel(gas quality) is pretty much OK.

It's either the compresison or maybe the ECU not having an appropiate fuel map, resulting in the engine running too lean and detonating because of this.

Maybe ask around if someone can lend you an AFR gauge and wideband sensor or get one for yourself, they're not TOO expensive and it's something you should have on a tarbo shittoboxu anyways.

Thanks man!

Resurface the head and block, I'm running 1.0 bar on my daily with no problems

Use an MLS gasket, especially if Toyota make one for it. Make sure the mating surfaces are perfectly flat.
O-ringing's cool but pretty unneccessary now MLS gaskets are a thing.

>stock ecu
>upped the boost
Found the problem

not neccessarily a problem at all.

I used to own a glanza v with the 4efte in it, had a td05turbo and was boosting at 16psi, it lasted 5years and tge motor finally gave out at 280k kms, get your motor checked homie

Blinker fluid injection pump.

Shitty 3rd world islands have some of the best JDM foreign used cars that would make any burger jealous.... why would you pick such a turd to tune when you have so many great cars available??

>little island in the middle of the indian ocean
>restricted import laws
>almost everyone sees car as commute only. >Only 1%ers who drive m3s/911s are into cars
>my '96 car cost around 10k when the average salary is around $500 monthly

We were under industrialization in the 90s, nobody cared about car culture at that time. Now laws are such that we cannot import cars older than 5 years old