/indie/ - Indie Games General

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/568090/
youtube.com/watch?v=UpxRo7ARtXQ
gamejolt.com/games/lisa-the-pointless/221705
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Started a new playthrough of Stardew for 1.1 enjoying it so far. Mostly just play it for relaxing comfy atmosphere.

Fuck making new threads
Would be nice if OP linked the previous thread from now on

>What went right?
An awesome development team that keeps improving.
>this potato actually has a deep as fuck lore and is an eldrich horror with ancient cult following
It's also the secret SECRET final boss.

>Would be nice if OP linked the previous thread from now on
We had that everytime 2 threads ago.

I am tired of the shillphobia of these threads.

Let's turn down the /v/ everyone

>shillphobia
What?

>Lisa is the #3 best selling indie game at the moment after Dunkey's video, more than Undertale

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GET READY LISAFAGS

You are aware steam sorts by your region mainly?

store.steampowered.com/app/568090/
The concept sounds retarded.

That's one very ded thread.

The thread is as slow as the walkspeed in Bastion.

Why walk fast when you have a hammer?

Any advice for the Fector's Challenge achievement in Stardew Valley? I'm getting to the point where I can reach Fector in a deathless run, even without Ammo 2, but Fector causes me problems. My experience with twin-stick shooters is limited so it's proving to be difficult

Did they ever make the stardew polygamy mod?

It's slower than Al Fabbet when he's standing in the doorway of the merchant you want to sell shit too.

Bring it on.

/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!

>It's slower than Al Fabbet when he's standing in the doorway of the merchant you want to sell shit to
fukken lol

/indie/.....will NEVER DIE...!!!

Is this thread appropriate for discussing va-11 hall-a?

I remember there were many danger/u/ threads in the past when scrolling Veeky Forums. Now there seems to be barely any mention of it. Did something happen or the hype just died after a while?

>the hype just died after a while
Pretty much this. It's not really the sort of game that has much longevity.

We still get occasional VA-11 HALL-A posts and they're welcome here.

what's the game in the OP?

Legend of Grimrock 1 or 2, not sure which. They look the same.

What the hell am I looking at here?

I see, thank you.
>It's not really the sort of game that has much longevity.
Considering Katawa and Undertale are still alive I was expecting danger/u/ too stick for a bit longer.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone could remind me at what point of the game you see a conversation between Streaming-chan and Dorothy about setting webcam in jacuzzi? It was somewhere around the third chapter, but I don't remember the day.

Curious anons wandering in the darkness, stringdumping binaries, grasping at straws. Everything and anything to find the answers they desire.

Speaking of which, do you think the binary diver went mad after delving too deep?

It is no longer with us. But will another take its place to repeat the mistakes?

Anyone here play Crusaders of The Lost Idols? Event weekend is happening now

That fucking spam on the forums, jesus. When Styg sees it, he will postpone opening up the wiki to anonymous editing by another 200 years.

Why do bots love Underrail forum so much ?

No idea, but it's been a problem since day one. Maybe they just like targeting SMFs in general?

Pfft, that's not spam. This is spam.

Spambots love underrail in general. Try posting the URL of the character builder and tell me what Veeky Forums says about it.

>Spambots love underrail in general. Try posting the URL of the character builder and tell me what Veeky Forums says about it.
I am aware of both, I'm just wondering why.

It's pretty annoying that rolling is pretty much required to move around or you will drag the playtime out to several hours more.

Is that sounds either like a waifu sim or an RTS.

Or a Jojo game.

Nitro Rad really liked Lisa the Pointless

does anything happen on the steel zeroes discord?

>Ulceration of the lingual frenum caused by cunnilingus is horizontal, the lesion corresponding to the contact of the ventral tongue with the incisal edge of...

Huh, the more you know.

Incisal edge of what? Goddamnit, even spam has cliffhangers in Underrail.

So what's indie up to?

1bitHeart is neat.

>Lunatics are supposedly psykers gone mad
>some Lunatics are not even psykers

wat
Did they just want to hang out with the cool guys?

Fuck lurkers holy shit.

>11 PER
>Paranoid
>+70% goggles
>150+ stealth with Rathound regalia & tabi boots
>they still get the drop on me

90% of them are mad psykers, the rest of them is just mad.

Maybe you are just underleveled.

Detection depends on your level. You should spot everything easily with all those bonuses assuming your level in equal to theirs.

Molotovs.

Magnesium molotovs. Burn everything to the ground.

I wonder is a trap+throwing build only is viable.

>have problems with this trial in bastion
>fuck it lets look it up
>youtube.com/watch?v=UpxRo7ARtXQ
>every single comment has people who aimed manually just like me
Fucking autoaim really.

I remember that one.

I cheated a different way, got the Fang Repeater upgrade that makes your bullets have fucking homing insects living inside.

I guess the upgrades go past the 3rd level then but you need to unlock that. Makes sense with the menu design too.
Although I like the Bow a lot more but I need to see if the improved rawspeed passives make it more usable.

I personally feel the Repeater is dogshit. Too little dps and too long reload time. At least the bow kills things when you fire it.

Yeah I am usually a sniper type of guy in twinstick shooters. I like having to carefully aim but getting onehit kills from it instead of srpay and pray.

You're gonna like some of the later weapons then.

>Found an Idle game called Realm Grinder
>Seems pretty great, go Evil, Skeletons and build up a 440 Gem Reset overnight
>Go Good Elves since I can knock out their Moon Blessing Achievement since it's before Noon
>Without even trying, I've hit 22K Gems for next Reset
Holy shit..

gamejolt.com/games/lisa-the-pointless/221705

>I "played" a clicker
>dude I made lots of virtual currency
Every single story reads the same. It's like the stoner comics of videogames.

Yes, and?
It's still fun.
Also, Elves are a highly active role, promoting clicking over idling.
>Poster by Shelby
Nice.

>This faggot does a Lisa video
>instantly an influx of low quality Buddy lewds
In only a few weeks we will have to endure /braaaap/

POP POP MOTHERFUCKER.

Are there any top down games other than Hotline Miami 2 where auto aim holds you back?

I did that Challenge legitimately a while back with just first upgrade.
It's no small feat, but you can do it with manual.

I had problems because the aim indicator does not show correctly where you shoot to for the south side balls. Figuring out where the tagets actually are while having to reload more was not worth the effort for me.

Woah this is pretty fucking good so far.

>Crows fly away after use
man im not good enough at games for this shit

I am playing Airscape: Fall of Gravity

Its a fun gravity platformer that plays with gravity

Is that a hummer on your head with its own air bubble?

DUDE CLICKS LMAO

What ever happened to battlerite general?

>HoPiKo is an intense speed run platformer where you get to save gaming. Jump from platform to platform avoiding death, exploiting shortcuts and ripping through 100s of hand-crafted levels.

Stardewfags, I want to chose Geologist instead of miner so that I can get Excavator, right?

kill me

nah do it yourself bro

Where the fuck do I get red cabbage in Stardew?

Do you make sure to turn on your night vision googles? That sometimes helps.

>Neon Chrome combines top-down shooting with procedural levels. Blast your way through walls & enemies with guns and cybernetic abilities. Install perks from cyber chambers and upgrade your character stats after each death.

Nabbed.
Thanks, user. I'll give a short review on it in a bit.

yeah, endgame when you're in the desert you're gonna get lots of omni geodes and they're considered gems so they appear more often and you often get 2 of them

Pickle it with carrots

>A7W8V-30HJ0-PWGJ2
Oh thanks man I'll probably check it out tomorrow when I finish my work up.

I honestly have no idea how people can fap to this game

I feel like you'd have to be an actual pedophile

or an actual female

I guess

Someone redpill me on failed zone transitions.
What are they.
How do they happen.
Why do they happen.
Is there any way to fix them without looking for outside help.

This fucking shit might as well be in Chinese for how much I understand of it.
>Information - 113: Attempting to resolve assembly 'System.resources, numbers and shit'
>Information - 113 : Assembly path was not found under the full assembly name. Searching by assembly name ('System.resources')
>Warning - 113 : Failed to resolve assembly 'System.resources, same number and etc.' by both full name and name.
>same three lines again
>Information - 113 : Attempting to resolve assembly 'mscorlib.resources, still same number'
>Information - 113 : Assembly path was not found under the full assembly name. Searching by assembly name ('mscorlib.resources')
>Warning - 113 : Failed to resolve assembly 'mscorlib.resources, whatever' by both full name and name.
>repeat
>CriticalError - 40000 : [Timelapse Vertigo] - Failed to load locale 'LUX-B19 - Caves'.. Exception: System.Exception: Failed to load locale 'LUX-B19 - Caves'. ---> System.IO.InvalidDataException: The magic number in GZip header is not correct. Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream.

Anyone who actually understands this crap please give me the 101.

>What are they.
Basically the game fails to load the map you are trying ot enter for whatever reason.

>How do they happen.
>Why do they happen.
There are many different causes. They usually happen late in the game, Styg said it was due to some memory leak in one of the past versions but that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

>Is there any way to fix them without looking for outside help.
reloading an earlier save or restarting the game helps in some cases.

Otherwise I doubt you can fix it yourself. Post on the forum bug section and send Styg your saves, he fixed mine when I got failed zone transition like 5 maps away from finishing the game.

>redpill
Keep your shit on the reddit board.

>Haven't been flipped off in Pointless yet

There's only like one really low quality pic that I've seen and the rest seem to be by artists who have done lisa before.

>Styg said it was due to some memory leak in one of the past versions but that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I started this game last december then dropped it halfway through. I tried to pick up from where I left of, only to get slapped in the face with these errors after a few hours. Are you saying the problem is that I'm using an old save?

In that case I'll just restart the game. I don't remember half of what I was doing anyway, I'm utterly fucking lost.

But it isn't really fixing this particular save that I care about, it's ensuring that I won't run into whatever the fuck causes this again. I don't have the patience to wait for someone to fix my shit every time something goes wrong.

So how do I make sure it won't happen again?

>I started this game last december then dropped it halfway through. I tried to pick up from where I left of, only to get slapped in the face with these errors after a few hours. Are you saying the problem is that I'm using an old save?
It could be.

>So how do I make sure it won't happen again?
You post on the bug section of the Underrail forum and ask the same questions there. Devs read all the threads regularly and respond to them.

I never got a failed zone transition ever since Styg fixed my saves and that was around last december as well. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't get it if you start fresh with the latest version but I can't gurantee it.

Ah, to hell with it. Thanks for the help, but I think I'll just play something else. World of Xeen had been on my backlog for too long anyway. Maybe I'll try again once the complete version comes out.

>Maybe I'll try again once the complete version comes out.
The game is complete though, it's been for a year now.

I'm guessing your save is from pre-realse version, that might be the reason why you the zone transition errors. Pre-release saves are not meant to be compatible with the release version.

No, not pre-release. GOG didn't do early access back then. What I mean is that I'll just wait for the fully complete version, you know Gold, Game of the Year, Developer's Cut, whatever you want to call it.

>cant dig in sand anymore
thanks consoles

WHat game?

Been makin some baddies lately.

Subnutica

No

Memory allocation error. Last time it happened to me was because of not playing between multiple updates. I had to delete some cache folder in my documents then it worked.

What're these tentacled terrors for and why does one have green olives on his?

Just got the muscet in Basion and how the fuck did they fuck this one up? I expectd it to be like the spray shot skill in van hellsing but the weird blindspot INFRONT OF YOU is killing the thing for me.
Another weapon to the pile I won't use. At least I unlocked the grinding grounds for unlimited piece