Just rolled into the store here. Salesman said there's 100 of them in the US...

Just rolled into the store here. Salesman said there's 100 of them in the US. They weren't told when they would show up either. MSRP is $77,920, with dealer markup, total is $92,920

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5gEdJmIVqLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aren't things supposed to sell for less than MSRP, not more?

>dealer markup

nigger what?

Well you have Alfa's MSRP, but then you have what the dealer thinks they can get for it. I'm in a wealthy part of Northern California, someone will probably buy this today.

Maserati sells Kia's now? Since when?

supply and demand you stupid preteen faggot. When there's a limited supply of something everyone wants, sellers get to pretty much set their own terms. See also: bmw M2

I have what I call the not my problem parable.
If its not my expense then its not my problem.
Example. Transportation fees, not my problem. Processing fee...also not my problem. Delivery charge...seriously not my problem. Any sort of advert/marketing fees...totally not my problem...If you can avoid this and all other bullshit fees they tack on for doing their own fucking job you can probably get this car for 77k. This being said, don't be had. Its not your problem they got charged so and so to get the car so don't pay their bills.

Why are they waiting so much to supply the US? Do they want people not to be able to buy their cars after the Super Bowl ad?

>cost for the parts: not my problem, cost to build the car: not my problem, cost to keep the store open, not my problem, etc. etc. etc.: not my problem

Jesus Christ are there retards out there

The salesman said Alfa's being super secretive, they wouldn't tell them when they'd get it, what color it was, etc.

Obviously they're trying to be exclusive. If I had only one of 100 in the US I'd certainly feel like that, but there was only ~$1,000 in options on this one and people only just recently found out they won't be offering a stick in the US ;_;

Sitting on a lot is not a sale.

>they won't be offering a stick in the US ;_;
Source?

I knew they showed up when my dad called me saying he just went to a Fiat dealership and was wondering why anyone would pay $70k for a v6 sedan.

None of these things are anything about the parts you mongrel. I shouldn't nor should anyone else have to pay the fee to get the vehicle in the showroom. That's the dealers issue. You just pay for the car and the options.

hum even if you're buying from a official dealership ?

It's actually a monopoly on new car sales. Instead of having the option to either order direct from the factory or from a dealer, the dealer is the only seller. So they can markup however they want in competition with local dealers.

i cannot believe how many idiots there are

if any of you think this thing is going to sell south of 100k you are seriously mistaken

there are so many people with so much money 100k is chump change to the people who REALISTICLY want to buy these

i just don't get the concept of markups
don't they hurt their own sales ? does it happen on every car that as heavy demands ? or just on luxury cars ?

Great, and there's plenty of more popular options that already sell for those who have $100k like the BMW M4, Mercedes C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera GTS, Audi RS5, Cadillac CTSV, Dodge Hellcat, etc. It'll just be another marked up car sitting on sales lots like the Maserati Ghibli (another Fiat product).

Heavy demands.

There are only 100 of them, but there are probably thousands of people with $77k to spend on one. So they are going to find the 100 people willing to spend $95k to have one of the first in the US

The winter the Ghibli was first released, I was getting a bunch of ads on my Facebook wanting me to lease one for $499/mo.

yeah makes sense but the manufacturer is ok with this ?

NO YOU RETARD THE PEOPLE WHO BUY THIS FUCKING CAR ARE MILLIONARES

THEY ARE PEOPLE WITH MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

With all the Alfa hype stateside, and the dealership lobbied laws, it isn't surprising. It'll be hilarious to see the burgers pay that much for the cripplemobile.

not necessarily. The car has to be desirable in the first place. Look at what is currently happening with the new NSX. I'll give you a hint:
It isn't selling.

Good, I'll save my money and get a good deal on it next year.

Why would they care? They are selling cars and their dealers are keeping the lights on. Plus the new car is getting more press from this. We're talking about it right now.

true it does sound pretty good though even if it's a bit ugly
and it's always nice to see a new challenger

>to see a new challenger
shh. Don't tell them. They want their badges to mean something.

well i guess i long as people want to buy them it doesn't matter indeed

Yes they don't care. As long as the dealer gets the sales numbers they ask they could care less. Any markup goes into the pocket of the dealer which keeps them in operation. And being a Fiat dealer, they really need it lol.

i hope for them it only share the badge with the old ones

kek yeah i guess does this happen on like limited edition of small car like a special edition of a focus St or else ?

we've sold seven 2017 F150 Raptors now with 30-40k markups, ten Focus RSs with 5k markup, and five GT350s with 10-15k markup. I don't particularly agree with it but nobody is really making anyone buy them, so I don't feel bad for them if that's how they choose to spend their money.

dealership must be drowning in cash with all this free money

I bet the ST was selling above MSRP when it first hit the sales floor. Look at what Mustang GT350s were selling for. Way above retail.

And then there is shit like Ferraris where most of their cars aren't even sold new in dealers. The rare ones will go for more money on the second hand market than they were sold for to the original owner.

They take losses on econoboxes though and try to make it up in their service department.

it has his upside and drawbacks not a bad thing rich guys pay more and poor people less

I've heard that the GT350Rs are getting marked up to $150K now. Shit's wild.

Yeah but the poorfags in their Fiestas still get raped by the dealer when they bring it there for service.

But there is lots of shit that comes back down from the manufacturers to help the dealers. I'm sure all of those "3-year free oil change!" service plans and warranty work is paid by the manufacturer and helps to keep the dealers afloat. There is other shit like rebates too where a sale may look like a loss at first but then the dealer gets money back from the manufacturer later.

It's a fucked up system. They really do need to get rid of those laws preventing manufacturers from selling cars directly to customers. It would mean lots of lost jobs tho when you can just order your Ferd from Ford.com and have it delivered to your house a few days later with no games or haggling.

like in europe then
but that less fun you can't bargain much over a new car

If you go to Car and Driver's website it says so there, and the salesman confirmed as well

we've never actually had an R. had allocation for one but never an order. apparently when you're only buying it as a status symbol, it's not worth not having a radio.

>only 100 of them in the US
>you have 100 grand in your pocket

Obviously buy one and then you can scalp it then use the profit to buy a car you actually want.

Giulia QV is not a limited edition vehicle, there are 100 of them now but there will be many more in the future.

t. person who makes WELL UNDER 50k a year

Just go to an official dealership where they are sold at MSRP, that's what they are there for. Yes there may be a waiting list but if people like you wern't stupid enough to support scalpers the problem would vanish.

The NSX is a desirable car, Honda isn't a desirable brand they make average commuter cars. Even where Honda thaught that people were dumb enough to buy the Acura brand shit they devalued it by selling normal Hondas under the name. People don't want to spend 911 money on a brand with a Civic image. Toyota did a much better job with the Lexus brand in keeping actual seperation.

>and was wondering why anyone would pay $70k for a v6 sedan.
>What is Volvo
>What is BMW
>What is Merc

>why indeed

>BMW
>V6

>>a v6 sedan.
>>What is Volvo
>>What is BMW
No V6s here...

Ok. OK ! Straight Six. Sorry

this is why
youtube.com/watch?v=5gEdJmIVqLY

>Alfa Romeo

kek, 6 months of pure happiness and then a life time of break downs and pain.

Now say I was smart enough to see the bullshit in it, could I argue it down? Do you think they'd budge?

Keeping thread alive

You live in a fantasy world where you think cost of production should equal sale price

Why are Americans incapable of maintaining their vehicles?

That was perhaps true pre-2010 if you didn't give a shit about maintenance. My 2010 Giulietta cuckmobile runs without any problem and it has 260k kms,

No. Why would I sell you an item for $50 that I know someone else will buy for $100 just because you know the actual cost of it?
Intrinsic value, or actual value, is derived by how much someone will pay for it, not the sticker price.

You can only negotiate when you have something to give the other party. In a normal case, the dealership wants to get rid of the vehicle so you're giving them what they want by buying it, even "at a loss" (not actually a loss).
In this case, they have no reason to give any incentive to move the vehicle quickly so you have no leverage to negotiate a lower price.

It does. You just have to sift through dealer add ons. Have fun spending more than you really should hombre. If you honestly think you NEED to pay the fee the dealer spend to get the car into the showroom , you are crazy

Your dad sounds cooler than you.

Dealerships are run by juden and greedy assholes. News at 11.

Seriously, just wait a few more months or a year. Even the assholes at BMW dealerships (although all BMW drivers/owners are assholes, so that's redundant) are marking up the M2 into a 100k car. Keep in mind that it's a 60k car fully loaded, and not built in limited numbers either.

There needs to be new laws which allow people to directly purchase from the manufacturer. Fuck dealerships and everyone who works in one.

>marking up the M2 into a 100k car
lolno. it has to be cheaper than the M3/4 otherwise it's pointless. There was $3kish markup on my M2 btw.

how you gonna talk about how you have an M2 but not post it.

Tesla tried that, but people lost their shit and made it illegal in a few states if I remember, so it was undercutting.

straight six is worth paying for m8.

Tesla doesn't use the dealership model

confirmed bullshit

GFY OP

The manufacturers would hate that shit, though, because it would ruin their model of forcing dealerships to buy 1000s of shitty cars so that they can get an allocation of the few models that people actually want to buy. If the auto industry had to only produce what people wanted to buy, it would collapse.

Cost of production doesnt equal sale price.

The company pays less then what it cost to make the vehicle. Then dealership add there own bullshit.