/r6g/ Rainbow Six General

Ye olde: Weekend edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-2-2017

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0N4-24PyR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Frost is best girl.

>Score is 2-2
>Overtime
>Fuck it, pick Fuze
>Some fag team kills, gets votekicked
>His friend leaves, already 3v5
>Enemy team gets overconfident, starts walking outside
>Kill 2, get another 2 with cluster, eventually find the last guy
>Win with 7 kills at the end

What a feel

>can't hide the OP

where the fuck do people get off being mad at someone else for not clutching? these deposed csgo kiddies need to fucking leave.

CLUTCH OR KICK

fresh stuff

>says the fuze who died blind peeking the objective after trampling through the halls like a fat, greased-up pig

HOL UP
Is there an exploit that lets you shoot Thermite charges through a reinforced wall? Happened twice in a row to my mate. No batteries or any other gadget near the wall. I peeked into the room with a drone and there was only a Castle sitting there.

>team gets overconfident with a piddly 2 man lead
>end up losing the round/match

Story of my life. Fucking retards I swear to god.

>playing ranked with my friends and 2 randoms
>we kill 4 enemies but my friends die so it's a 3v1
>last guy alive is the best player
>tell randoms to not rush out and camp in the objective to play it safe
>they both rush out and challenge 1 by 1 and get picked off after me saying "stay here" 5 times
>last enemy ash rushes me and fucks my fat rook ass
>randoms get mad at me

Story of my life on this fucking game, how do they reach diamond by being such retards

>playing ranked on console
>up 3-2
>enemy team trying their damn hardest to take us to overtime
>skyscraper bomb and they pick kitchen
>2 teamates get picked off from the stairs but I drone all around it and can't find a single person yet hear gunfire
>notice a shield against the wall with no one behind it
>sounds still coming from the stairs
>see a single bullet fly out of the stairs
>realise the faggots are trying so hard they've glitched under the stairs
>down to a 1v1 me vs the rook in the glitch
>plant the bomb in his blind spot
>hear him pick up the shield and jump out
>headshot him
>message him after telling him his shitter team still can't beat us with glitches

Is there a better feeling? They were diamonds vs my plat 3 team. Felt so good to beat scum glitches who tried to use that and get us to OT

What the fuck is happening in Terrorist Hunt it's constant infighting nowadays? People just shoot at each other for no reason

What if instead of marking objects, IQ is given a tool that can temporarily disable or scramble tools?

>mute jammer gets a smaller range and doesn't kill drones
>ADS glitches and doesn't notice a grenade
>echo drone loses its ceiling clinging ability
>nitro has a delayed activation

etc.

>ranked too hard for the idiot shitters
>casual is basically a place for diamonds and plats to solo queue when teams are gone, and seal club
>or when doing shitty, they team up and seal club casual as a team
>only safe space for shitters is T hunt
>they are probably stupid kids too so they do stupid shit and think they're elite trolls for it

Do you have a vid of that? Not calling it into doubt, I bet theres people that do cheap shit like that, I'd just love to see you fucking them over regardless of glitch.

Didn't save a clip unfortunately, was still a bit salty they sunk that low to try and beat us I just couldn't wait to message him

>he didn't even reply

Is Thatcher a reference to Killing Floor?

Does PS4 purchasable items update differently than PC?

Anyone? This has to be a glitch

tried a few times in TH and didn't work at all, rare occasion or there could be some other requirements for it to work

apparently if you break the wooden wall from inside then this is possible..

>tfw using Twitch's 417

I know DMRs are unpopular, but they just feel so satisfying to use. It's pretty much the only thing that makes Kanal tolerable.

What if I told you I really like Shadman's artstyle

>not using CAMRS on BUCK
low test

I've been using buck a lot recently and I fucking LOVE his DMR

youtube.com/watch?v=L0N4-24PyR4
The most satisfying sound in the game

maybe

Don't be bloody stupid.

Almost, it needs a suppressor.

>consoles

>Just got my 3rd ace ever, with Smoke
That FMG-9 buff is godlike, holy shit.

What are you some kinda faggot?
yes

I'm a newbie shitter that bought the game during the winter sale. I'm not even level 20 yet. Right now it seems like for every 1 game I win in casual I lose 5 more. Will the game get any easier in ranked? I don't care if I nose-dive into copper.

A little since people are more willing to talk and give callouts, but it's pretty much trial by fire unless you spend a lot of time in situations or custom games.

Yes, jump into ranked as soon as you can, and if you lose all your placements it just means you can work your way up while learning as you go.

A friend of mine just bought it the other day, today was his first day. It's a hard game to break into, I don't even know how to introduce him to the game, there's just so much important stuff to learn but I don't want to overwhelm him and sour him on the game.

>Attack
>some of us go around the back, enter and take most enemies out pretty quick
>fuze does his thing
>accidentally kills a teammate.
>teammate goes crazy
>fuze apologizes multiple times.
>We still win
>next round
>guy kills fuze player
>they're random to me both, but I kill the TKer.
>say "He fucking apologized, wth man?"

Did I do the right thing? Or should I have left it and keep the guy in his false sense of "he did the right thing". I hope he used the minutes to reflect on his actions. he was level 100 and copper.

I played all the situations and got all the stars since it gave me credits to purchase operators. And I got a mic. So I like to think I'm not a complete shitter - just a guy who is new to the game.

That said, I haven't tried custom games yet. How do they work and are they friendlier to new players?

Make sure you learn the maps first, nothing worse than trying to soloqueue your way in ranked and getting that guy that doesnt even know where the stairs are in the map.

Casual mode's matchmaking is all over the place, it will match level 10s with diamond players.

I'd have killed him and initiated a vote kick, no point carrying dead weight.

implaying level 10 is not a smurf account

Did actually start a votekick, didn't mention it because it didn't go trough. Barely any votekick ever goes trough on casual for some reason.

>launch kairos
>one pellet won't explode for a long time

the fuck

Wow he got mad at being unintentionally killed by fuze in a casual match, even after being apologised to? What a dickhead, even if its a kid.

Other casualfag here. sometimes it is, most of the time it isn't.
Usually you get level 6-20s who do the following things:
>Don't put down armor (or only put it down once the round started)
>don't reinforce at all
>reinforce stupid shit, like pic related. Or worse walls that connect two bomb rooms (luckily I opted out of bomb in my preferences, fuck that mode)
>play doc and don't use the gun. (I had doc not rez a cav because she was half under a table and he couldn't get the prompt instead of just fucking using his ability)
>no sights
>but somehow lasers
>Don't shoot any cams
>Don't even LOOK for cams when the "you have been spotted" appears"
>Call people faggots when they die
>Pick castle and castle every door to the objective to create a fucking death cage (specially fun for fuzes)
>play glaz and for some reason take the scope of indoors (why? roleplay reasons? It's still amazing. wtf)
Fuck I've even seen wastes breach charges and ash rockets on the first god damn windows miles away from the objective. And that's how you spot a legit low level nignog.
but on the other hand during the sale on Favelas a level 8 rook made a hole in a fucking wall and used it to snipe people going over the catwalks at the start of the round. that ain't a move I expect from anyone under level 60.

>this many smurfs after the game has been on sale
Nope. Also, who would buy another key to smurf in this game?
Also, plats getting matched with silvers is not at all uncommon.

Right? I mean, It's a fuze charge. That happens. It's not like he got accidentally shot (which also happens some time) but even then, once somebody apologized I don't take it in the next fucking round. And he died like 15 seconds before the round win so it's not like we lost because of it or he had to sit a whole round out. I just instantly had to side with the fuze player, that guy was needlessly being a dick.

You haven't played much during the sale eh? I'm that guy from the post above you and I can tell you with 100% certainty that there was smurfing going on during the sale. There are some things that are so specific to siege, that you can't expect new players to do even if they're seasoned counter strike veterans, or even have played all R6 games before. Siege is just such a different beast. That if you see a low level player pull certain moves you KNOW this ain't his first rodeo.

But really jokes on the smurfs because at least casual matchmaking where I met some of them doesn't fucking care. I'm around level 90 and I play together with people that are 120 and over but when new players enter the pool you get the low level people thrown into your and the enemy team. So I got to play against a lot of low level shitters even without making a smurf account, and the actual smurfs getting matched against a seasoned player like me just shows that their smurfing had almost no effect.

>I opted out of bomb in my preferences, fuck that mode

>launch 3 kairos packs
>every pellet won't explode like for a fucking minute
Ubishit incompetence is really unbelievable

There's a lot more new players than smurfs. I don't doubt there are some loonies that smurf, but you said it yourself, the matchmaking will throw newbies in the same game as diamond players. Being in plat, I get matches with golds, silvers and coppers all the time in casual.

You replied to the wrong guy but yeah. Fuck bomb.
Secure > Hostage > POWER GAP > Bomb

Mainly for class balance. on Secure everything goes, any means necessary. The game really shines around this mode.

Hostage a bit less so. some classes like fuze really fall off and there's shit happening like people using the hostage as cover trying to bait you into shooting at it (while this would make sense in the real world, in game where there is no fear of death, it's just a cheesy move)

Bomb is the worst of the modes because of how much it favours the attackers. Specially if the objective is on two floors. Reinforcing satisfyingly is almost impossible and easy to fuck up if the randoms reinforce between two bombs.
So nah. Fuck bomb. I hate it slightly less while playing on an organised 5man that's using VOIP but even then I prefer secure and hostage over bomb ANY day.

Give me 1 (one) reason you are not watching E S P O R T S right now

Second round of a ranked game

>shadman OP image

How dare you

>Win 1 v 4 as thatcher on cafe
>Enemy team calls me "clutch king"
feelsgoodman

Because I watch real sports?

>carry team to victory with multiple clutches
>team calls you a god
>leave when round is over because you'll never do that good in the next game

I feel like Shadman lost a lot of his creativity. He used to do some pretty alright comics but now it's just dickgirls. Dickgirls all day every day.

i know that feel bruh
i just don't want to let them down

They are shit

why the fuck would I watch someone play the game when I can just play myself

>2016+1
>Playing videogames

Yeah people in this General actually play the game go figure

>>Don't put down armor (or only put it down once the round started)

You do understand this is useless 90% of time if you don't play in LAN !

If someone picks Rook for whatever reason rather than wasting time putting armor he should do something productive.

>1453+564
>watching others play vidya

If you're not going to drop armor than you should never pick him in the first place.

Nigga it takes a second to put it down. just press that damn button the second the round begins and you're fine. If you don't want armour pick doc. same kit, different ability. If someone already has doc then move the fuck along and pic someone else. But if you pick rook you have one job: put. down. the. plates.

>someone picks twitch
>instead of taking out as many cameras as possible as fast as possible they go straight for the objective
>try to shoot someone
>fail
>get their drone shot.
why. just.. avoid the faggots and get the cams. only ABSOLUTE shitters will even take more than one hit.

>pick twitch
>instantly forget where most of the cameras are
>some fag comes close and destroys the drone
>instantly remind myself where is the rest of them

THIS
>defenders faces when they start the round with 2 cams left
>Jäger's face when

>same kit, different ability
doc doesn't have impact grenades
Not that user, just saying.

I wish more defenders did

been in the article 5 queue for 4 minutes, does anyone actually still play this? Just got the game and finished all the situations and the cinematic looked cool

Faggot

I got into an article 5 game pretty quick. Try doing it at peak hours.

Yes, but there are very few people in the queue at any given time, specially during morning. Try during the evening/night.

One big thing I prefer with Siege over CSGO is that you can actually contribute to the match while dead without annoyingly coaching a player. Sure sometimes all the drones or cams are gone or in a bad position but there's still a decent amount of time you can be of use.

Holy shit.

rude

Yes and it takes a few sec to pick it up and so on, that armor is usless !
I hate when people waste time because of it!

>But if you pick rook you have one job: put. down. the. plates.

And that job is a waste of time, why at all pick Rook is beyond me definitely the most useless defender.If I see Rook in team I usually just ignore him since he can't do anything but use his guns, that doesn't mean he is useless it's just that his ability is useless!

Got enough credits for my first DLC operator. Was thinking between Buck, Valk or Capitao. Which should i get?

You can feel that but you'd be wrong, senpai.

Buck

Buck

Don't buy any DLC op, buy season pass, use renown on cosmetics. I did that, have not regretted it at all. not. at. all.

t. ubisoft representative

Buying the new season pass doesn't give you y1 ops

How do we fix ash? Lower her rifles RPM? Make her a 2 speed?

I think making her a 2 speed would be a sensible counter to her head hitbox being the smallest

I love Rook. His ability is passive fire and forget, so I can just put down the armor and focus on other things while still helping out the team. It's very difficult to fuck shit up as a Rook compared to other operators. At worst, you don't put the armor down. That's just mildly annoying.

>That's just mildly annoying.
Wrong. It's the most annoying shit ever. How hard is it to put down your armor at start

YOU HAVE ONE JOB

To be fair I just calculated how much time I spend grinding renown for ops and how much time I need to spend working to buy the SP and arrived at the conclusion that buying the SP at half price in sale is the better option and leaves me open to buy some hats and skills.

Also: I feel like rewarding Ubi with some money just for giving me the option of buying everything with ingame money instead of going the "dlc only" route. You know, put my money where my mouth is.

Give Smoke a single canister of Zyklon B.

The problem is you don't help your team at all, you could have taken something that is going to be useful for the team, by your logic you could have taken the recruit and said it's because I can't fuck up his special ability because he has none.

Why do you care about the armor ?

Because it's saved me numerous times where I would've gotten injured or killed without it

Even at high ranks where people go for headshots more often it can be useful - although there are arguably better picks

But you can't go wrong with Rook anyway