/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

TODAY IS THE DAY EDITION

discord.gg/nEdP8ZM
discord.gg/nEdP8ZM

set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org
set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft. We're currently waiting on the new nost server release.

SERVER RELEASES TODAY!!

OFFICIAL HYPE DISCORD:
discord.gg/nEdP8ZM

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

model-changing.net/blogs/entry/92-after-release-updates/#comments
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IA0buRbZZxg0tM0tt
wow.gamepedia.com/Expansive_Mind
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1015151557
youtube.com/watch?v=lU6PAnGUKV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

erp

Reposting, please halp.

I'm ready

Ayyy Anime is best

Can someone post Finalflash's Warlock PvP spec please, and the standard PvP SM/Ruin spec, so I can compare the two. Thanks!

people will suck cock for a dwarf priest

will people throw lots of good balance gear at me if i go druid healer?

Thats my last question related to healing in general, how does down ranking work, like i get we use a weaker version of a spell to preserve mana, but how do you know when to use which spell, is it just something you pick up on?

And how does int/spr/healing power stack up in importance?

Sorry for the dumb questions if they seem that way to you.

Where's the countdown?

yes, except for +hit gear which you will have to cuck mages to get.
Most of the gear you want has +heal/damage anyway, so can be used in both specs pretty well

not him but
downranking is done mainly to conserve mana. you can get an addon like luna unit frames with bonusscanner to detect the predicted healing your target will recieve
at endgame you're gonna want to prioritize healingpower/spellpower>spirit>int

Uthil 116

Posted 29 Nov 2016

On 11/28/2016 at 11:46 AM, Frostie said:

Hello.

Is there a chance to get banned if you use this on a private server like Nostalrius or Kronos?

BTW, thanks very much for this I had a different experience while I went to duskwood.
So nice.

On kronos you dont have a problem, im playing there since beta and developed the mod playing on kronos. Now new elysium(old valkyrie) -Nost servers said that they arent going to allowed mods at all. Thanks that you like the mod.

so will this kind of thing work on elysium?

model-changing.net/blogs/entry/92-after-release-updates/#comments

>BiS cloth item with hit and +dmg drops
>roll need as a boomkin
>mage and warlock in group start autistically screaming
>mfw

are warcucks ready to be my potion farming slut and personal chauffeur?

Woah warriors can summon?

>retarded as fuck spawn rates on mobs and quest items
>it's a bug with EVERY SINGLE mangos server
>niggercunts call it "blizzlike" as an excuse to never fix it

why are all server admins retarded subhuman trash

alright, i have never really used any addons, but i will look into them
and as far as the stats thing, should i always be aiming for stats in that order, or does int still reign supreme while leveling atleast.

Maybe I should go mage so I can shit out such high deeps that you can go fuck yourself

WHO THE FUCK DO I ROLL? I HAVE NO IDEA, BEEN A PRIEST ON OLD, USED TO BE WARRIORYEARS BACK.

shut up and make me food and water, cuck

Also
>ally + horde locks team up for hours to kill lowbies with infernals
It was against the tos to even communicate with the opposite faction back in the day

Be a Priest since you played that back on old.

Only if you heal.

>not being the healer and rolling for cloth+ items

Shithead

it's really hard to heal with the default UI in raids, but you can get by without addons while leveling very easily, you can also heal pretty much every single pre-60 dungeon with just heal rank 1 and maybe renew as well

while leveling as priest you don't really need anything because you will have pretty much no downtime
I'd suggest going for int/stam stuff for survivability

tfw considering FemTroll Mage roll instead of Undead

talk me out of it lads

that experience, regeneration, and permanent movement binding effect reduction by 20% seems sexy as fuck

as requested

consider cannibalize, everyone talks about wotf but cannibal is also very handy for some clutch heals

I'd flip a coin t b h

the new server is gonna be PvP, there will be plenty of other Warlocks and Priests out there, being able to cleanse fear and all the other shit WotF Clear is a great CD even in PvE content, Devouring Plague is a decent priest skill, Cannabalize will save your life in a pinch

Or just go Troll and have fun with it.

Will it be possible to play on a Mac?

You might want to look at the racials in vanilla again.

Dwarf priest = instant raid spot

Ree someone play human with me tonight.

I don't want to be alone.

what time does the server open?

I've never tanked in my life, how should I do that as a warrior DPS to be accepted in dungeons
All I know is to have a shield, but do I put any talents into protective tree and which skills are essential and which aren't that important, since buying all skills isn't possible

>talk me out of it lads
Trolls have ugly feet and you can't cover them up with boots.

10 heures.

It's too early to tell

>tfw I'm gonna roll a qt femnelf and slut it up at every occasion I get
I can't wait for the new server to open :3

>fear and all the other shit WotF Clear
>Wotf clear

Yeah basically just charm? Wtf did you imply

Lads what should I roll?
I was playing Mage in old-nost and I was having fun for the most part, but I would die to literally anything, which made questing a pain in the ass sometimes.

210 minutes from now

>do I put any talents into protective tree
Don't need to until you're doing like UBRS or whatever, and by then a warrior should be going for their specific prebis anyway.

>permanent movement binding effect reduction by 20% seems sexy as fuck
fug I forgot that this isn't in vanilla

I change my post from
go UD and be a edgy meme

>ugly feet

Broblem?

You don't need any points in prot. The most important talents are 2 points of tactical mastery in arms so you can stancedance Mocking Blow.

Other than that, sunder is all you need to upgrade. Revenge would be nice too, but it's not necessary.

Yes

Warlock.

Also regeneration is the biggest waste of a racial in the game, there was even that lame ass copypasta on the wowforums years ago ridiculing how shitty it was

ff's
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IA0buRbZZxg0tM0tt

WARRIOR or ROGUE ? still cant decide
pros and cons please
more specifically im thinking about arms and combat

pros:
both are best dps
warrior could tank making it easier to form a grp
rogue more reliable dpswise tho

cons:rogue less buttons to press than warrior (less skillful)
warrior hard to level, rage starving

what else ? inb4 rogues can stealth

sell me the product

also clears sleep
anyway, im implying that there will be more to the game than PvP, and that it still a sick cd in PvP, compared to some shitty health regen and snares falling off slightly faster.

I never played druid before, how is doodoo in vanilla?
Do you level feral then respec to healing at 60? Do raids take resto druids or is it priests and palasonly?

I'm about to go all-in on memes and make a tankadin

someone stop me

Resto druids are usually the most wanted healers for raids. Not because they're good, but because nobody plays resto druids.

Also you should stay feral until you have your healer prebis. It's a thousand times easier to get into dungeons as a tank than as healer/dps.

Stop him!

>snares falling off slightly faster.
That isn't even in vanilla

Vanilla Trolls:

+5% damage vs beasts
Berserking
Bow spec (useless)
regeneration (useless)
throw spec (insanely useless)

>You might want to look at the racials in vanilla again.
>fug I forgot that this isn't in vanilla
>Also regeneration is the biggest waste of a racial in the game, there was even that lame ass copypasta on the wowforums years ago ridiculing how shitty it was

Looking at the other racials now holy shit some are fucking retarded. For one there's literally no reason to be an Orc unless you are a Warlock or Hunter because of the pet damage thing, and also the Enraged thing which would just make you vulnerable unless you have a tank with you (pet or otherwise). Trolls get increased ranged damage which also means you pretty much have to be a hunter, it's not even increased experience just increased damage woopdefuckingdoo.

Haven't even begun to look at the Ally ones but I'm sure its the same. Every race seems locked into the few classes that make sense, at least if you don't want to hamstring yourself from the start.

without vsync screen is tearing and unplayable, with vsync on there is much input lag.

any solution to this ?

gtx 1070, i5 6600, win10
interestingly enough i dont have this issue on laptop, only on stationary pc

How?
The client does not work for me

meant for

Is there a decent vanilla wiki?

Human or nelf (or horrendous dwarf) priest?

It's really hilarious how everyone considering speccing other than holy pala is considered memeing, but hot damn once tbc hits palas become walking gods in all specs.

i don't even know what you are trying to say to me, i already said that UD are a better option as far as Racial skills, and so what if i can't remember what was or wasn't a Racial in vanilla on a race i didn't play.

The troll/dwarf ranged weapon racial is just like +1% hit rate. It's not that big of a deal compared to the melee weapon racials.

only 4 more hours until the discord circlejerk stops

I made it

Literally google "wow 1.12 mac client"

Do you know/have the one where it simply states "i'm regenerating 5hp per second and there's nothing you can do about it" or something like that with the troll image?

i can't find it anywhere

Who else undead fem priest here?

Orc is god tier across the board thanks to stun resist, also axe spec and fury are great for melee

ret was still a joke in BC and prot was pidgeonholed into being an aoe tank

>like +1% hit rate.
not even, it's like .4% hit and even less crit

I WANT TO PLAY NOW

Int outweighs healing and spirit a shitton on short fights in healing output.
Don't be another idiot with 3k mana with muh healing and get outhealed by full magisters priests with mana.

im gonna be a male undead priest

Going male because you retards has ruined any female healer with the healslut meme.

>only a couple more hours until I can level comfy in the NE zone

femded mage

lets group up :3

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about

what is a good swingtimer?

So this is the Gnome's racial?

wow.gamepedia.com/Expansive_Mind

>increases mana/rage/energy/etc by 5%

How is that not fucking OP as hell?

Server out yet?

I'm pretty sure this was it

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1015151557

youtube.com/watch?v=lU6PAnGUKV0

actually gonna try this when fresh opens up.

Any thoughts?

i don't prioritize int at all and had 6k mana
just go by the BiS list retard

Count me in.

Because we're in vanilla and not WoD you flaming faggot

gl with that. Every dwarf will probably explore to level 5 with end destination night elf lvl 6 questing hub.

m9 i never even played an expansion after TBC

its just been so long i cant remember jack shit about racial traits

I love these old dead memes

post more

Which Alex is more comfy?

i'm so excited guys! never played on a private server before and i only got to like level 42 on vanilla :)

im gonna be a gnome mage! or dwarf priest with my brother tanking, im not sure yet

alex jones of course

Jones is a legend, some cuck who lives with his mom doesn't even compare

>ranged weapons needing hit

I dont like to stress the fact that the warlock rocks, but he jus does,So, for all you staff users out there, feel free to come in and post, my staff is a good one, but here is how it goes
1. post message in the room
2. LOOK IT OVER
3. dont report anything, i might get in trouble :)
and 4. Have fun!!!

Who was the durid that did this stuff as well?

How stupid would it be to roll a night elf warrior instead of human warrior ?
pros: less people in starting and later zones
looks good I guess
racials aren't anything special, but still helpful or convenient
cons: humans get 10% more rep, which I don't know how important is in vanilla and +5 maces and swords, that's about it

>can't even spell leveling

stop pretending to be me fag