/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Even in a dream, a shitter is a shitter >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-G_iL6TRphg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ludwig co-op
>giving him the business
>he leaps
>start running
>beckoner just standing there like a dumbfuck
>returning to your own world

AHH

Enemies are much more talkative on NG+, I don't knwo if it's the headset I'm using or the high Insight.

MARRY THE DOLL
LOVE THE DOLL
HOLD HANDS WITH THE DOLL

Which hairstyle looks best with the Knights Wig?

Ooh!

Bold

Bald.

>Vileblood
>Vile Blood
>Vial Blood
>Blood Vial

Can someone eloquently sum up the differences between Saw Cleaver / Saw Spear / Saif

I don't know which to pick, I always avoided them because they seemed generic but I figure I they're probably fun.

Use the saif. Saws are boring.

I'm no expert, but I'll say that Cleaver is serrated only when untricked, Spear is serrated in both
Also, Cleaver should be a STR weapon, saif and spear scale better with SKL if I'm not mistaken

pick the saif
it is by far the most fun. The collapsed-sword R1 attack launches you forward, and the transition attacks can make you move forward or backward. The extended-sword R1 attacks have a massive range and huge arc, but they are slow. They always stun though; very easy to kill groups of enemies free-aim with it

Sounds like I'll use the saw up to Amelia then rush to the saif, always a fun time.
Nice, thank you. It seems like you've used it a bit, do you have a recommendation for a good companion weapon? I was going to go with the pick or rakuyo but both are so late game.

Spear > Cleaver because of serration in both forms

Saif plays nothing like either of them but is great because of the moveset

Probably stupid to ask but may as well clarify, Saif has no serration correct?

BB2 WHEN

Saif is not serrated.

ohh majestic! grant us more eyes!

I honestly can only kill bosses quickly with the saw cleaver.
Fuck me, I can't play with other weapons anymore.

When you have enough insight.

Saw Cleaver and Spear have the same untricked moveset and the same transform attacks.

However, Cleaver has a much different (and in my opinion, better) untransformed moveset. Although, untransformed Cleaver loses its serrated bonus; Saw does not.

Saif is almost a completely different weapon: no serration, and while the last two-three R1s in the transformed attack chain are similar to Saws' untransformed R1 chain, the rest of the moveset in both forms is rather different.

For what reason?
Feels to me like FROM does best with spiritual sequels as opposed to literal sequels. I'd like to see the aggressive playstyle advance in another setting with another unique story personally. Less interested in more sword and board, but i've never been much of a medieval fantasy guy.

Can you pass through the fog?

Can anyone give me a hand with NG+ Amelia? Pass is bbg at her fog.

use the pick, it's serrated, righteous, and in it's trick mode is composed of thrust attacks

it's my favorite weapon

>you will never meet with true Iosefka after the Hunt is over like she wanted to

What's the next step in your master plan?

>Although, untransformed Cleaver loses its serrated bonus
transformed* Cleaver.

And I forgot webm.

they made a nice model for iosefka, considering how bad the model creator is.

why does killing Mergo trigger the end of the game? What's so important about her when we basically stumble into the nightmare she's in

Pretty sure the NPC's are unique models, not made with the creator.

I don't get it either, especially considering that Orphan's mom and MP are two additional sources of NIghtmares.

I feel like the saif uses up a ton of stamina per swing

And here's an example of a Saif's sliding transform attack.

Yup, I need to try this online with somebody to see if the fogwall that blocks you from leaving the area disappears, my guess is it wont sadly.

My theory is they cultists are using Mergo to pull the moon presence closer, against it's will, which is causing the out break. Killing Mergo ends the ritual and everything can start getting back to normal.

Make me switch my Ludwig's Blade for an equal/better weapon.

your aim was to stop the ritual of Mensis that basically tore a hole between the waking world and dream world
they were using Mergo as a battery for this

I thought our aim was to cure some blood disease we had? To seek Paleblood?

>missing out on the trick weapon arsenal for a boring sword

do as you please

but it's so satisfying comboing into the bigger sword, those mobs don't know what hit them

What triggers the end of the game is that Moon Presence got what it needed from you rather than Mergo's death itself. You stumbled upon it, but you were nudged in that direction and it was expected of you, eventually.

As for why MP wanted Mergo dead, who can tell. I'm thinking maybe the ritual bound MP in some way? The ritual is said to beckon the moon, and the red moon all over the sky seems to indicate it was successful.
Or maybe it's more like

Where is this bbg?

What does that have to do with halting the beast scourge which was our main goal apparently (along with finding paleblood, whatever the fuck that is)

>Doing quick co-op in the dungeons
>Get called in to fight HRMPH HRMPH
>Get a near-perfect gem for my build
I feel like I've been granted eyes by the gods of korea.

did you fall through the ground in cathedral ward after the red moon?

The first time I played BB that was actually the reason I picked LHB and Kirk. I really liked their boring untricked versions for some reason.

>moon prescense got what she needed from you rather than Mergo

Well what did she get from you?

LHB is perfect of a Quality build. Whirly feels similar, and is perfect for a str build. If the like LHB, you should like the Whirly too. Give this a try.

the reason you've signed the contract is never revealed and Paleblood itself can be understood differently
your aim during the hunt itself is stopping the source of beast scourge and Mensis ritual is the reason why everything in the city went completely haywire as it amplifies the effects of beast transformation so virtually everyone in city went mad

No im not falling

The end of the Mensis ritual.

>boosting female enemies
why do they do that? to pander to feminists?

I wonder what kind of pics should I put in the background.

>getting bullied by Maria

I see, I'll give it a try, thanks.

One Reborn is a ritual thing to Mergo, to get Micolash outta the Mensis nightmare by making a portal between the dimensions in the form of the Lecture Building. However during the ritual, people start turning into beasts. You stick your dick in the half baked portal, and go the other way through. Killing the Paleblood (Great One/God) Mergo means that the full ritual is over, and people stop turning into beasts-they don't change back though. You basically stop Yharnam from getting more fucked than it already is, whilst killing off some of the healing church-the guys who spread the tainted/infected blood which allowed people to turn into beasts. (Its more complicated, but thats the basics)

Fuck off Lucy

>female player charachter take less fall damage and counter damage
FUCKING FEMINAZI SJWs

why not doing it with the queen's chamber and replace the assassin by Alfred

>If you like the*

Paleblood refers to the color of the sky after you kill Rom.

Is this why that strange woman is crying in front of Wet Nurse's arena? Is Mergo her lost child? Is that why she's bleeding from her belly?

Do the story chalices.

Nah man she's just got a bad bacterial infection in her navel, and a pot belly 'cause she's malnourished.

how do you explain that mergo granted the school of mensis an audience that led to the beckoning of the brains from the nightmare?

Why are you replying? (you)'s are the very air he breaths, without them he will suffocate.

>Make Micolash Great Again
>MP and Hunter like the old masters god and man painting
>Ebrietas like the old Venus picture where she is on a shell, with DEGENERACY at the bottom
>Lumenflowers like Gogh's Sunflower
>Maria like the Mona Lisa
> The Orphan of Kos (or some say Kosm) like the Mona Lisa

Thank you good artfag, and may the good blood guide you. Also, what is the Russian Ambassador going to be? A beast or a beastly executioner?

I think that was just the scholars playing with shit they didn't really understand. It is a pretty common occurrence in Lovecraft stories.

youtu.be/-G_iL6TRphg

I wanna join the FC, hope my internet don't fuck me up.

It's gonna be Eileen.

Also those are some good ideas, I'll keep them in mind.

That's been happening to me a lot lately with spiders and gargoyles in FRCs.

>the Astral Clock has the symbol of every runes
Is that important? Does the Church fully control the Caryll Runes?

To get into a/ make a Nightmare, you need an orphan great one to die. The Nightmare of Mensis/Frontier was made with the white lady's baby, the Hunters dream and nightmare was made by accidentally killing the Orphan of Kos, when they removed its umbilical cords .
White lady cries, because she remembers what happened to her own god-surrogate kid.
She is in the main Chalices if you do them (bottom of the Pthumeru ones) as a boss

The newfreind doesn't know about (him) yet, just a heads up that most of the shit (she) comes out with may sound true, but is absolute bullshit

A wolf clips through the Great Bridge almost every time for me, don't know if others have it too.

Explain this to me lorefags

What about Arianna?

>control the Caryll runes
What does that even mean?

I would think moreover that Byrgenwerth controls the runes, with Runesmith Caryll being a student of Byrgenwerth. The research hall could have been a joint effort between Byrgenwerth and the Church, as Simon suggests. Since the runes have no reliance on blood, the Church might stay away, but they have retained runes on their property in the past, like the +4 Formless Oedon in Oedon Chapel.

Oedon whispered to her vagina and she got a baby.

Hunter's Mark is a rune, an uttering of a Great One. Pthumerians probably could transcribe runes too, seeing how you find the best runes in the labyrinths.

She just had the rotten luck of being the subject of the prophesy. Some claim that she was selected because of the Chapel Dweller. We know that Oedon exists only in voice, and the Chapel Dweller apparently drops a rune related to Oedon, so it's obvious that he is a disciple, possibly a conduit of Oedon. She was the only one of the survivors to speak to him directly, ensuring she would become pregnant with Oedon's child. As odd as this sounds, it makes sense.

I think is just supposed to indicate that the tower is a really powerful spell,.

Just what the fuck?

that's an ancient symbol used by pthumerians to threaten the people entering the old labyrinth
it's the symbol of a decapitated man hanged upside down, the best way to remove fast all his blood

this symbol then became the symbol of hunters, which dare enter and explore the labyrinth

strangely enough, there's an hanged man in the entrance of fish hamlet

Ok

Church don't control them, its how the Great Ones communicate/ their language. The Hunter Caryll broke the code, not the church thus she got credit for them. Of the top of my head, the closest I can think they are like are the true names from Eragon. Some are useful and have actual effect when remebered, like the word Metamorphosis or Clawmark, and some are fucking useless, I imagine words like Boot or Potato. All of them are on the big clocktower wheel thing, you might recognise a few, some are unknown. A better grade Caryll rune just means the word is clearer to read.
Also the Guidance III rune has still not been found in the dungeons somewhere yet. Find it and you become the lord of /bbg/ period

>got decent arcane/bolt gems on my skill character from cursed lower loran

REEEEE

How can we explain what happened to Iosefka if she's alive after the Great Ones come? Was she just experimenting too much?

DELET THIS

feelio when sticking a cane into ebrietas face and it does 1200 damage

that's a pretty good Geralt

What? That's not actually true is it?

>maria created the BB stargate
too much eyes for this

I need help with defiled hot diggity doge
anyone up for it?