/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

The Dragon World Boss Nouver has been added to the game and spawns in the Valencian Desert, and desert debuffs have been disabled for a limited time.
Latest patch notes:
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/125495-patch-notes-december-28th/

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skill autism, and more.

>Is it P2W?
There is paid convenience features; and some cash shop items, such as most outfits. Some of these features can be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps and weekly selling limits of cash shop items restrict profit. One cannot P2W over a dedicated player.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5heygy/guide_from_0_to_competitive_in_3_months/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o-7VsgrofTxF4-gXc5CpcDsSHYr9zUbrq5d6Fzgp3Hk/htmlview?sle=true
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E/mobilebasic

>NewFAQs
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.
All classes can be viable and fun. Ask something more specific.
Weapon: Rent a Kaia, or BUY a +15 Yuria -> Liverto -> Kzarka
Awk weapon: Green -> Blue -> Dandelion
Offhand: Warrior & Berserker Accuracy offhand/other classes AP offhand -> Nouver
Armor: Grunil -> Boss armor
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Copy and pasting the OP is tough so i'll let the thread die before making the next OP.

Previous thread

why am i so alone

when the game was $5, does that mean people could get polar bears and 1000 pearls for $5 by gifting? or is the game gifting a separate option that costs a different amount?

If you play Tamer you're never alone.

Where's our new op`

Do you sell potatos and buy beer, or do you make your own beer?

I've been making my own beer so far but it's starting to get to the point where i have enough workers that it starts getting annoying.

I used to make my own beer, until i found better a better use for grains, now I realize I was a bit dumb wasting my time on fucking beer when it's so cheap.

The gift stayed at 10

Dumb penguin get down from there before I turn you into soup.

it doesnt exist because i just copy pasted the last one

l-lewd.

It's extremely dangerous to cook without clothes on. If you spill grease on yourself it'll be much more difficult to remove.

I still mass produce beer a couple times a week. What are some better uses for my grains?

so i see theres guest passes for this game, as well as a $10 polar bear gift option on this game.

Whats the best way for me and my gf to start this game?

is she into ERP?

Forgot to ask is there a way to trap pets somehow so this doesn't happen?
I tried trapping them in their spawn point with some cooking utensils but It didn't let me put them close enough to eachother to close the gaps, so they all just walked right through.

If they made an underwear+apron outfit I would buy it but for now I just have to be careful

probably, we met in another mmo and never erped but i know the slut would be down to.

huh

If anyones on Olvia2 and wants to do Sausans I have a pretty good spot free, I kinda need a second person to get all the loot I'm leaving behind.

We need more waifu posting so the thread won't die again.

I'm not going to write you a guide, I'll just tell you this

if something is selling for max price instantly, and you're being the supplier, someone else is probably making way more than you or using the resource more efficiently, whatever you're using check it on bddatabase and see what it can be turned into, check the market and the imperial vendor

Usually not worth it to consume base materials unless you're leveling a profession or cleaning your warehouse. Also see which products are over supplied, usually not a good idea to make those unless there's a turn in for it somewhere.

gross

The man on the left looks kind of fat.

is it really that bad?

Okay guys im in full remorse mode. Kuno kinda sucks on different levels and i NEED to change my class.

Now, these are the ones i would be ready to play:

Sorc
Ranger
Witch

Which one should i pick? Witch robes kinda look shitty, and the movement looks weird. Ranger seems to be squishy and has very huge AP requirements(according to the forums) and Sorc gameplay is kinda weird.

So am I reading this right? Karma bombing is a term PKers made up to criticize other people letting themselves be killed?

Karma Bombing is when someone really bad feeds themselves to some who is flagged up, until they are negative karma, which means their gear can decrease if they die anywhere but the desert

usually the person flagged up has to kill the noob, because he is ruining the rotation from killing a pack of mobs that they need

>tfw always karmabomb when some nigger thinks they can take my spot for free

so yeah it's an action that someone takes by not doing anything and dying
how terrible of them

is ranger really that boring at 58+?

the thread didn't die because of lack of waifus

it died because it autosaged and no one wanted to bother making a new thread

and because its literally dead. we have abunch of people come in, ask questions, get ignored and then they leave again

the trash discord is dead as well, feels like a bunch of /a/ aspergers with severe social anxiety

>finish main quest up to Mediah
>black spirit is cute again

Whatever you choose, i strongly suggest you don't base your expectations in some stupid korean video where the guy has like 240+ ap, you'll never get there realistically.

Out of those 3 I really dislike playing ranger, but it's theoretically the strongest, up to you if you actually enjoy the gameplay, awakening has literally nothing to do with the bow tho.

why do you dislike ranger the most? And does one switch weapons alot on ranger?

>scythe
>sword and dagger
>little balls and big spells
play whichever sounds fun
though I guess you don't like fun since you're ditching kunoichi

>though I guess you don't like fun since you're ditching kunoichi
I actually find it pretty fun, but it has some pretty high AP requirements which i simply cannot meet (started playing not long ago, olvia made me level so fast that i am sitting here pretty undergeared with no money, currently working on that but it takes a very long time)
added to this, i kinda want to do Node Wars later and thats not really possible with a kuno.

Alright, It's been a few days and I have been researching. I have a Witch already but I want to make a Kuno for waifu reasons. I know it's not in a good place right now but I really don't mind, I'm not an idiot so I will find a way to make it work for me. Here's where I'm stuck though...making her.

I rarely make waifu's and generally go down the 'representing myself' thing by picking a male.

What are the rules of waifu making? Is uniqueness the most important thing? Do I just mess with settings until she is hot? I feel like this is a no brainer to most people who play this game but as I said... I have pretty much never made a character in an mmo with the purpose of waifu in mind. I had an orc lady in wow once but not so she looked pretty.

personal
tastes
retard

>until she is hot
>hot
You're already a lost cause.

The thread isnt even that dead, most wuestions that arent super general and solvable bu googling get solved easily.

We go through a thread every 24 hours or

Don't use stupid colors like green, pink or any scene/emo shit.
Dont make the lips big as fuck, many people do that for some reason. Take a look at the beauty album, basically all top 50 faces have "avoid these features" slapped on them
and its all down to what you like, what you personally think looks good.

Pot dependancy, you have 0 heals, and until 59 your gonna mp spam too even with extraction crystals, the bow skills are over nerfed, and the sword skills aren't really spammable. Feels shit overall unless you're over geared, then it does get crazy, since she is very fast and wipes everything, but seriously before that the speed is meaningless since you'll spend more time plinking bad guys than moving around. I'd say ranger is a huge snowball, but I don't think it's worth the trouble getting there, unless you're so fucking dedicated to the game you're willing to become like top 5% and be a bit masochistic.

But seriously, don't base your class selection on videos or random advice from anonymous on the internet, get a fucking group with someone and see how they perform and how they play, if you like what they do then try it out yourself. A lot of videos can be outdated or the class you aim to be will get nerfed by the time you reach critical mass point, it's more healthy to base your expectations by the people around you in your guild or random groups etc.

That's not the point? Making her attractive?

Oh! Thanks. I appreciate it. I didn't know what the Beauty Album was. I'm checking out other people's characters now.

Are you EU or NA

This is spot on. very nice.

NA

Didn't you have cat eyes once

Is this true? I kinda burned out on doing main quests when black spirit progressively turned into ugly wraith. Does he still have his TEETH?

yes

yeah i did, removed them
removed them from all my other characters (tamer, witch, sorc, kuno) too

give me your name

What the fuck Cyclops? Go train with your mentor and lose that fat.

I found two people. Two!

Captain's log stardate 201701.7 I've lost the bid for the Narusawa outfit 27 times now, and missed some chances. My instincts tell me to give up, yet my mind pushes me on on this path of assured self-destruction.

It was an illusion user

Family name is "Saniru"

i think i accidentally gave my character a 5head
can i get a haircut for not pearls

Question!

If I use someone else's character from the Beauty Album can everyone in game see as much?

I'm referring to the bottom left corner that says "Crafter". I like some of the aspects of other people's characters and after changing it to my own tastes...it still shows them as the crafter. I want it to say I was the crafter.

>If I use someone else's character from the Beauty Album can everyone in game see as much?
When you put it on the beauty album it shows them as a creator
>I'm referring to the bottom left corner that says "Crafter". I like some of the aspects of other people's characters and after changing it to my own tastes...it still shows them as the crafter. I want it to say I was the crafter.
Yeah with the Ditto tool

Not him but I can't find any worthwhile things to sell on the market that just use potatos and not not milk/eggs/etc because I'm retarded

Does the cooking imperial trader have a limit to how many of something he'll buy per channel?

Ah, ok then. I'll get to work on my own!

I have too much OCD among other things to have my character tagged to someone else, even if I just barely use their's as a base.

You can use the Ditto tool to copy your character's features into another file

The fish costume is pretty neat.

Got mine pretty easily on NA, maybe outfits are harder to get on EU or something.

My ninja is level 15 and I haven't touched him since buying it

Am i retarded for wanting to use zereth shoes for the +200 stamina bonus?
Would have to ditch either +2 movespeed or knockback resist if i do.

nth for erotic pvp

Ditto tool?

I'm looking for such a thing now.

I want to say I hate you but you're NA so it wouldn't affect me. Good catch though.

When can I get actual armor for my valk

desu i am not surprised pettan co is dead. its near impossible to even get anyone to respond to you asking for a guild invite. trying it for 3 days now, they are either afk or not online.

ERP for a pearl outfit

I WANT TO TOUCH HEILANG'S BIG BLACK PAWS!

I looked at all the pearl outfits. They're all shit

check the Valkyrie craftable costumes, like the Soldier Attire you can craft in Heidel

>not liking kylia or venslar (long)

Too bad Valks don't have anything like Bern

That set is very good. Traditional, functional and cool.

One day..

THEY DONT EVEN HAVE THE DAMAGE FOR IT

LOOOOOOOL

it does, but that's rarelly a problem, unlike imperial fishing, you can cycle through channels, or the turn in can reset after the 3 hour cycle.

The real limit is your daily limit of turn ins, which is based around your max contribution.

Kylia's not bad but I don't like the open thighs, and the feather tits on venslar are silly. I'd like sting note, but it's not out as far as I can tell. Clead's probably the one I like the most but even then the pants are whatever.

I would dig that, maybe a touch more ornamented. Just a plume or something.

Anyone maining a sorc here?

is the gameplay fun? Are the combos as tedious and "hard" as people make them to be? Or is the gameplay comfy enough to not die of cancer while leveling?

Is this a waifu?

Hi Michael.

Mike please, when will you stop

Archer Guard look pretty okay, maybe you could do a combination of archer guard shoes and some other top
But yeah, most valk costumes are too lewd for purest valk

no

I don't know this meme.

DAILY

REMINDER

Kuno is trash.
garbage
shit
unviable
no damage
shit iframes
trash

Valkyrie is even worse
no damage
horseface
boring
no aoe
slow

>no damage
i'm gonna press shield throw and there's nothing you can do to stop me

it's only tryhard in pvp, in pve is as faceroll as it gets

you can also be a scrub in pvp and not use your normals skills and just use awakening shit, but you'll die pretty bad probably

I need a name for this waifu.

I wanted to try Kagerou but I can't remember how names work. Is it taken by first and family name or is there only one first name before it's taken? In which case, I'd imagine Kagerou is taken.

ok

Wow, I'm a dingus. Forgot pic.