youtube.com/watch?v=_Xu9DoG3Gak
youtube.com/watch?v=Bb6xPOSX0E4
youtube.com/watch?v=rq97JNl2lFA
youtu.be/Ca3lpWYWP_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck you OP.

>a 202 owner

Soft cars are for poofs

There are rumors that Volvo got shat on a lot behind industry doors because they refused to make their cars softer and just used other cars as main crumple zones.

They finally caved in though in the late 90's

yup

>went out of business
really makes you ponder

One of the reasons why it went out you can see in the picture. GM didn't understood the purpose of investing money into quality.

Ford didn't do much better with Volvo, they just bought it for the safety R&D and then sold it off to china for a 10th of what they payed.

At this point the Chinese even seem to be way better patrons than the Fordfucks.

Americans are too poor and stupid to understand car safety, plain and simple.

>chebby cumaro: good
youtube.com/watch?v=_Xu9DoG3Gak

>akura tlx (a FUCKING LUXURY SEDAN): acceptable
youtube.com/watch?v=Bb6xPOSX0E4

honda fangirls btfo

These small overlap tests are so weird.

For example, if the wheel was an inch off in one test, the same settings could result in really different results since I bet the results are different between the wheel getting caught in the crash and deforms as well and the wheel just ripping off to the side without contributing anything to absorbing the kinetic energy.

The Japanese don't value American lives, which is one of the few good things about them.

youtube.com/watch?v=rq97JNl2lFA
And here is my car, although 2 years older, that was made before all these overlap tests were popular and still managed to be as safe as it's 16 year newer rivals.

ahem

The lower one you quoted is me.

Stereotype joke below:
Japanese cars usually have low torque because they themselves are so light, so both the engine and car is made for grown ups weighing less than 60KG, thus failing all US standards since the car isn't meant to transport a whale.

>That bend in the A pillar

Ouch.

I love watching old crash test vids

>fuck this wall and fuck my passengers
youtu.be/Ca3lpWYWP_w

yeah, that shit got rekt

Ford did quite a bit for Volvo and with Volvo. There are a few articles comparing ford's ownership of Volvo and GM's ownership of SAAB. Ford did cultivate Volvo, ford understood Volvo. Ford invested in Volvo. GM raided and destroyed SAAB.

>Ford did quite a bit for Volvo
>oversaw the transition to fail wheel drive
>put all its eggs in a stupid engine and phased out the l6
>created a lineup that competes with BMW and Audi in price only
yep they did a lot to volvo alright

Ford raped volvo. That's all Ford did. They raped volvo like GM raped SAAB.
Are you some kind of Ford "representative"?

Ford made Volvo from making simple and ingenious box wagons and fast, turboed box wagons and changed them into making box wagons that can't handle their loads. Finally, Ford changed them to a Swedish faux-BMW maker in price only.

There isn't a thing in the world that doesn't turn to shit as soon as Ford touches it.

I can't stand what they did too but you have to consider that every fucking market and especially the automobile market went global AS FUCK in the mid 90's.

boxy and practical cars work well for the domestic market but today you have to make your car appeal to literally everyone anywhere on earth, that's also why modern cars all have similar features and no one risks anything anymore.

Then how are Americans building the safest car on the road?

By making the rules for their tests themselves

NO, I'm just a man, a man with a library card.
Ford didn't buy Volvo till 1999. By then the 240/740/940 were already history. The 850 was also history as well. So by this time, and certainly by the time ford's influence was felt in the showroom they were not making simple box wagons and had already pushed themselves towards BMW and far from IKEA.

Ha, describes me pretty well.

Jaguar's reliability improved with ford, but that doesn't say much about their reliability pre ford

this

>pushed themselves towards BMW
>by making FWD shitboxes

well Audi then

The vast majority of people that buying new BMWs have no idea what FWD or RWD means.

Yeah that must be why they buy bimmers instead of audis

they have too because selt belt are not mandatory

VAG BTFO
WIll they ever recover from this?

Is this a volvo volvo or a ford volvo

>that Volvo
>where any other car would have been cut in half
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

looks like an 850R

it must have hit a mighty old volvonium tree