Can you guys tell me what this is? Saw some neat cars on my trip to Cuba over winter break. I'll post some here

Can you guys tell me what this is? Saw some neat cars on my trip to Cuba over winter break. I'll post some here.

Cuban cars general?

buick skylark

scratch that, buick roadmaster

thanks dude. Have some chinkshit. One of the few new cars for rent by foreigners (lots of Hyundais too)

1956 Buick. Always hard to tell the model on these old American full sizes since they're not seperate bodies, only different trims, but on old Buicks four fake vents per fender always indicated a higher trim than only three fake vents.

This one was a cab. If you're in Havana cabbies will drive you anywhere in the city and immediate surrounding area for a flat rate of $5 CUC (Convertible pesos. Basically commie Monopoly money USD)

Final answer: 1956 Buick Century

Why Century? Why not Special or Riviera?

Reconsidered final answer: 1956 Buick Special

Finishing with a tank (technically self-propelled artillery). This one shelled the CIA-trained invaders during the Bay of Pigs.

Supposedly Castro himself climbed aboard and fired a couple rounds into the side of one of the troop transporta that landed the invaders, and then grounded itself ashore soon after. Just another example of the total incompetency of the Bay of Pigs operation. Not a bright spot on the history of U.S. interventionism.

Thanks for the replies!

Why Special? Why not Riviera or Century?

That's an assault gun.

Further reconsidered final answer: 1956 Buick Spevientury

i read an article on the cars of cuba once

due to embargos and shit their car market is like 50 years behind ours in terms of the vehicles they have driving on their roads

its pretty neat

what's with all those poor countries suddenly emulating EU plates?

is that some kind of buttlicking or what's behind this?

>my trip to Cuba over winter break
How are the accommodations and food over there? Are the published descriptions accurate?

Junk.

Blows my mind to see a Lada 2106 so close to US soil.

This is a Bel Air, right? They are worth some money in the US. I wonder if some enterprising Cubans will try to export these to the US to make some cash.

>Blows my mind to see a Lada 2106 so close to US soil.
There was a Lada 1500s at a car show at Mascouche i've been last summer.