/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Keep it alive this time edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favourite cases, your favourite characters or anything else AA related, it's all welcome here.

>Recent Updates
- AO2 is still in development. For more information and downloads check: docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
- Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice has been released on iOS and Android devices.
- DGS Fan Translation is still in development, the first case is expected to be released by the end of the month.
- Server was recently split into normal AOV and Crossover Court. Find out more information by going to the main AOV doc, and then the Crossover Court link.

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

Previous case files:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12057217
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best girl

First for THE TURNABOUT

First post best post. Good taste user.

So which newfag has the potential to become the new meme, like Names, Frogpollo, Gato and Verin did.

That Holmes player.

reminder to report shitposts like this so our new thread isn't already ruined

That Holmes player is Fluffles, they aren't new just a memer.

do you honestly need to ask this every single thread

I am not a MEME, good sir. Simply an actor, here to entertain.

Don't quit your day job.

Well good thing it's a NIGHT job then, har har har.

>be gone for like 3 months
God damn, the shit I have to do for updates

Also, bump

ten

I left 2 months ago when AOV was borderline unplayable. Has anything changed? Is there more than one case daily now that there are a lot of new guys playing?

There were 3 cases going earlier, currently 2. Got a decent amount of new people, with the population usually hitting around 50/60.

Should we kill /aog/?

>should we push all the cancer in game?

nine

Eight

It already is.
The difference is that at least in-game we know (or the mods know) who is doing it.

Besides, this thing just keeps dying anyway.

Oops. Wrong version.

alright i'm downloading this shit. you motherfuckers better get ready for a force of nature to hit your fanfiction simulator.

when the history of this series is written, there will be two distinct eras: before I showed up and after.

woah

still downloading. how long is a case usually?

Six hours is the average, give or take.
Some roles are more active than others.

Too long.
I.e. average out at about 4-6 hours, but some have gone on as long as 9 hours and some as "quick" as 3.

okay holy shit maybe i won't be doing this. jesus fuck.

hold up so 6 hours in one sitting, or do y'all reconvene at other dates?

Six hours in one sitting, usually with recesses in between for breaks.

Average should be 4 hours, but memelords want to have an 'epic memorable case' so they force it to go beyond 6 hours and it's always shit.

dang dudes that sucks, i literally don't have enough time in the day to play this with you guys. maybe someday if i'm in a bout of unemployment or something, or a new trend of much shorter trials starts, i'll try again, but for now i can't.

Crossover Court has the class trial format which is usually capped to four hours, if that suits you better.

My sides are in paradise.

kill yourself argoneus

>not knowing its bedtime for yurups

>which is usually capped to four hours,
More like 6

>more like 6
>4 hours is the standard cap, rarely raised to 5 hours for long CT's
>yesterday's was a three hour one

Why ARE regular cases so long anyway?

How did they go from the like 3-4 hours they used to be to the 8-9 they are now?

People got smarter and ask for more details and witnesses got more intricate. Sometimes.

>People got smarter

We can report it in the thread, but ingame it's not moderated. People continually treat the place as a zoo.

Witness testimonies are bloat, banter, judges afk, stenographers right down everything and not just facts.

write*

Wright*

Judges should go out of the way to reasonably kill a case that go over 6 hours desu.

>8 hours in
>people is having fun and things are running smoothly
>fuck off, I have things to do GUILTY

>8 hours in
>Running smoothly
No

Witness testimonies got more detailed and longer, DA's got more thorough and argumentative, Prosecutors got more thorough and argumentative.

Literally "people got better at arguing their case which makes cases take longer".

People seriously forget that the 2-4 hour glory days were that way because every 2 out of 3 cases ended in mistrial.

Fuck off Names

what

no really though

>Names trying to convince everyone that the old days of shorter cases were bad because he kept getting guilties/mistrials

Seriously, fuck off Names.

It's more like people became more familiar with the workings of the format

You're really gonna force this one, aren't you?

Fuck off Names

Fuck off Names.

Fuck off Names

>When you're fellow has narcolepsy and falls asleep at the opening statement and wakes up in the middle of the case, surprising everyone

Fuck off Names

Fuck off Names

Fuck off Names

Fuck off Names

Fuck off Names

Just wanna say you guys are doing a swell job, keep it up.

>they're trying a ghost in court
>the memes will not stop flying in thread

I love you guys.

Fuck off Names

Fuck off Names

Fuck off Names

Fuck off Names

Fuck off Names

Make sure to vote for the Gaping Dragon!
strawpoll.me/12057217

and then

I'M GONNA DO IT

MADMAN

Ded

gay

Fuck, dude.

I think we should add sprites for Nani from Lilo and Stitch in. I think she would be a great addition to the game, both in a fun and sexual way. The sprites she has in Lilo and Stitch 2- Electric Boogaloo would be a perfect fit in. She even comes with her own "Objection!" line straight from the game.

Never forget when greg soloed odin in court while his bench got to banter,
Ray carried the midgame, but geg fucking destroyed odin.

>The madman took his hat and coat off.
>Proceeded to stomp a shithole into a god

I missed this shitpost.

that was a pretty nice jury case

Bump

Bump.

>Witness testimonies got more detailed and longer,
Not necessarily a good thing.