Parallel parking on slopes

I'm scared as shit of parallel parking in tight spaces and especially on a slope. I even hit a guy moving out of my space - on a goddamn slope - on literally the 3rd day of having my car.

I don't know how people do this sort of thing on a manual without rolling off at least a bit, which is already "a bit" too much if you've got a guy 30 cm behind you.

maybe if you werent a racist retard living in fear

but then again, someone has to work those low level minimum wage jobs

Use your right foot to balance gas and brake for hill starts. Learn it properly and you won't roll back at all.

People in a manual use the handbrake to stop the car from rolling, or just get really fucking good at clutch control.

You either need way more practice, or a better driver's ed course.

handbrake and knowing the bite point

Serb /pol/ poster, is that you?

That picture was supposed to be a joke related to me using the word slopes in the title, you stupid shit.

Heel-and-toe seems to be way above my skill-level but I guess I'll give it a go.

Using my handbrake is how I hit that guy to begin with. I have to assume people are able to do this without it if they are parked in by cars on both ends within maybe 30-50cm.

Am I supposed to memorize the pedal position? Because I can't feel it bite worth shit unless I'm already moving. The last couple of times I tried to reach the clutch bite point with a pulled handbrake I stalled right the fuck out.

Don't use the handbrake method. Roll your right foot from the brake to the gas as you release the clutch.

Makes sense but I seem to still have too much "lag" and I pretty much always roll back a bit.

Not to the millimeter but you should know generally where it is. As it starts to bite you'll hear the engine load and feel the car pull. Release the brake and go like you would normally, ie if you're stalling you need more gas

If he can't do two pedals with two feet I don't think he'll be able to coordinate three at once

Then practice

Way I'm looking at it, I should be able to start on a light slope using just the clutch and brake, without the gas or handbrake. How else am I going to have enough control not to hit whoever is parked right in front of me?

Use the gas or you'll stall, retard.

Not using gas depends on how much torque your engine has. Some cars will stall on flat, level ground without throttle input or riding the clutch forever.

I agree that you should be able to do without your handbrake on a light hill, when I hear "slope" I'm thinking San Fransisco-tier hills.

Now that's just rude.

Thankfully it's not like San Francisco over here, but I do live in a kind of hilly neighborhood in the inner city.

Holy shit that image. Fuck, how many degrees has that slope?

I'd guess around 15 degrees

>Some cars will stall on flat, level ground without throttle input or riding the clutch forever.

I just Googled it and my engine does 108 Nm at 2500 rpm, which sounds hella low, and even that doesn't stall on reasonably flat ground.

Your car doesn't idle at 2500
if it does you've got a problem

Yeah but that would mean I've got even less torque yet I'm still not stalling out. Makes you wonder how little you'd got to have for that to happen.