/hbg/ - Hacking and Homebrew General

Quick copy and paste Edition
Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by following this guide → → → →
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-130-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html
megatools.megous.com/
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-63#post-6989298
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tried all three combos

thanks for the link user.

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

>TN

I'm an idiot, following the guide and this happens, what am I fucking up?

Any place to download game CIAs through torrent? Mega is fucking me up with download caps.

Looking through the 3DS guide as a new user who only recently got a 3DS - there are little questions I have that don't seem to be answered. Like, do you keep your 3DS on throughout the entire process, or do you keep turning it off and on as you take out the SD card?

Next time don't post lies about the ps4

>Sera
>>>/xivg/

Posted in pre thread about my 3ds which needs arm9loaderhax reinstalled.

Problem is after it got updated all the files are missing. I've added back the necessary files needed to do arm9loaderhax but get stuck at step 2 regarding booting while holding down to update arm9loaderhax.

Any advice?

you leave it on. the software you'll be booting into allows you you "unmount" your SD, allowing you to remove it while the 3ds is on.

The first one is the right one. However something is up because your boot.3dsx wasn't replaced when you unpacked the zip.

Thanks for the 3dsident info. Apparently mine is Upper: IPS Lower : TN. Interesting to know.

>TN peasants

Are flashcarts piss-easy to use? If I managed to successfully downgrade and install CFW on my 3DS, then I'll be able to use one fine, right?

have enough space on your SD card for the backup?

Anyone got a working Pokemon Emerald cia
The ROM I used must have been bad or something

28 GB.

VC injector

>my o3ds XL was $139 brand new
>their n3ds was $199 + tip
>they got tn panels
ultimate cuckory

Well it is your third one. Delete them off the sd and start again...lol

The bottom is ips:

Thanks guy. Stuff like this that kinda goes against conventional wisdom is good to know.

I think old DS flashcarts like R4s and shit will work fine out of the box on cfw, which is all you need since you can get 3ds games on freeshop.

HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN YOU NIGGERS NEVER MENTIONED THIS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just chose the 3rd name as trying to use the default name failed as well, they're already off the device.

I forgot to remove the name tag lol. Anyone?

any good place for GBA.cias?

and do we have a list of games not on FreeShop? I tried looking for Tales of Abyss (U) and KH: DDD but they aren't there.

even if we did mention it, it's not like you could've prevented it. tn seems to be random, and you won't know until you turn buy it and turn it on.

I know, I tried that. Apparently only a specific dump works and I don't have it.

Fucking Nintendo

You can't choose a 3 unless there are more on the card. Delete the others and try again as I said. Mine is fine. This is my third backup. For redundancy. One full, one minim already moved to my pc and this is the second minimal.

Taiko no Tatsujin isn't on there

3dsiso should have a gba megapack of cias.
if not on freeshop, you'll have to grab the cia from 3dsiso, or try the 3ds tile key site(which might actually be the same list as freeshop, so that might not be any help to you)

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-130-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

This shit can get nintendo sued desu

Why is this thread called Hacking and Homebrew General instead of just 3DS Tech Support? Is that to avoid having the thread moved to /lgbt/ where it belongs? Because you know, 3DS is fucking GAY.

I'm a bit stuck, I'm trying to get a snes rom to become a VC cia, and I found a tool that helps me do it, but it needs a decrypted VC file, and I'm not sure how to decrypt a VC file, can't find the option in hourglass. Any ideas?

They never promised an IPS screen though, so I don't know how people could try to turn this

Why are you here? This is fine.

thanks

btw, what this 3Dsident thing you've been posting latetly?

Use megatools.megous.com/ to bypass those download caps.

When the Vita just got henkaku it was literally /vitagen/. Give it maybe a week or two and things will go back to normal.

Why do none of the replacement screens on eBay say if they are ips? I assume they are TN.

>When the Vita just got vitamin_omega.vpk it was literally /vitagen/.
ftfy

Pokemon Moon keeps giving me the "Encountered an error" screen whenever I try to play it, I've tried both an a CIA from the web and the freeshop download. What's the deal with this thing? Haven't had an issue with any other game.

I'm stuck! I've followed everything in the guide up to this point
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

>7. Copy the a9lh folder from the data_input .zip to the root of your SD Card

I don't see the data_input.zip?

Tasukete~

Read through the "What you need" section again

Yeah, did you torrent the zip file?

Oh! I forgot about the torrent stuff. Thanks.

>freeshop.pw still not in the OP

Is there no way to get the rest of the Smash bros DLC from the free shop? I downloaded the dlc available but it was just Ryu.

I got ips bottom and TN top. The fuck is Nintendo doing?

Uninstall on freeshop and redownload it

>bought my N3DS on MH4U launch day.
>IPS top screen

feels good man

Got 2.1 on mine!

Same as me. I'm happy though cause I can replace the top easier if I want to upgrade.

I got it to work eventually
Now the issue I'm having is that D9 won't boot through safehax. It keeps saying beginning attempt 0xX00 and then sometimes blackscreens, sometimes freezes. It's on 11.0.0-33U

>Miitomo title screen

Where can you get a top ips replacement?

>Miitomo
Meant Miitopia how did I fuck up that bad

I have a hacked wiiu, I'm okay to play online games like mario kart 8 right?

Did you stick a cart in?

Or try this build gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-63#post-6989298

So PSTV hacking is still 100 percent possible for free games, right?

>Did you stick a cart in?
No, I did and it worked. Thanks user

I followed whole guide and hacked my 3DS.

I turned it off.
put Mario Maker on the SD card
I turned it on.

I wanted to install the Mario Maker but the FBI is gone and there's Health & Safety Information.

What did I do wrong?

How does one check which screen they have?

You were supposed to use the FBI-injected Health & Safety Information to install FBI as a new app on your menu, did you do that?

What if I install USA game on EU 3DS?

pspident except for 3ds so its called 3dsident and you can run it and see your screans

with eyes

Yes, I found it. Sorry for asking stupid questions.

wat the fuck?? nintendo really this stupid?? why some ds get good screans and others dont :\ wats th best modle to buy for good screan

You buy a 2DS so you know exactly what you're getting. Games look better on the smaller screen anyway so having a TN is fine with it.

If I want to upgrade from a 4gb sd to 8GB,do I just copy paste to contents or do I need to do something else? I already checked if it's corrupted.

Well eBay has replacement screens though they don't specify the cheap. Meaning they are likely tn.

of course

You have no way to know until you take it out of the box

I don't really care about price, just reliable source for ips.

that is SO FUCKED UP!!!!!

finding someone that already hacked it and ran 3dsident on ebay maybe

How do you make Rusty's DLC to work? Is this nintendos most secure game?

Finally getting around hacking my vita.
Adrenaline is installing now, what else do I need to get PSP games running on this thing again?

that's it

#FUCKNINTEDO

Wait a minute... you can mod any 11.2 console w/o fucking dsiware?

Should I go buy a fucking n3ds right now?

Why is the magnet for 2.1.0U not working on 3ds.guide? The E and J ones open up just fine, but the U does nothing.

That TN/IPS problem was known for a while now. How did just one post trigger so many people?

Yes you can, they recently got it working for everything.

yes

Now's probably the best time

Yes.

Where should i place the dl'd games?
Where is a good place to find said dls?

Anyone?

>I don't know how to recognize one guy samefagging

It happens every fucking time someone mentions the screens

the concensus is to get a N3DS while they're still in the wild.

No telling when Nintendo will release a system firmware update. Sources say next week.

they're all new you dumbo

I want to hack my 3ds but I'm afraid I'll lose my badges.

Just copy paste.

Can't go wrong with emuparadise. Remember you can compress to .cso, too.

So I somehow missed the slot-1 launcher being released, my r4 which was previously dead now works wonders.

Life rules.