/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160412180707/https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4dyy1b/hello_everybody_turtle_here/
twitter.com/byuu_san/status/817557134367932416
twitter.com/byuu_san/status/816461876926287872
emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=175609
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

emulation is still a meme, sadly.

we cant have enough memes

So how is Beetle PSX's development going?

I want turtle back

What was your favorite turtle moment?

By far the balls on reddit post. Jesus. where to begin?

So first he felt the need to post it because he needed to tell his fans that he wasn't being as productive as he was in the past. Then he goes into some giant wall post of TMI about his ball problems. He could have just said he was having some medical problems, but no, he has to go into way too much detail about his balls. Then of course further evidence that he's absurdly poor as well.

Just all around a total joke of a person. Like those guys who pretend to have all sorts of martial arts black belts, and to have fougth int all sorts of tournaments that don't exist.

>hen he goes into some giant wall post of TMI about his ball problems. He could have just said he was having some medical problems, but no, he has to go into way too much detail about his balls. Then of course further evidence that he's absurdly poor as well.

wat

He made a post on reddit saying he was taking a break from fake-coding because he was having some medical problem with his testicles. Testicular torsion or something?

Just no fucking barrier. Just puts all that out there.

Plebbit mods let it on because they thought he was an N64 dev instead of a charlatan.

posting in a turtle thread

Why doesn't Citra support DirectInput or Xinput? Is there any legitimate reason for requiring keyboard input?
Especially on a console with an analog stick.

>Should be studying for finals
>Completed megaman instead
Why can't studying be fun and rewarding like video games?

I save stated before yellow devil and before the boss rush leading up to Wily. Really, because I can get to those points with full health, without losing a life, consistently, I tell myself that it's OK.

arent keyboards dinput?

Because life is bullshit

No. That's raw input.

You have to pay the piper no matter which emu you use. Use epsxe and you have to search the specific settings that will make the game look as best it can on epsxe. Use mednafen and you have to deal with arcane unexplained behaviors you have to do to get the game to run because its developer didn't make the emu for you or any other end user, she made it for herself and she already knows how to use it. Also you have to use the specific bios and dumps that she wants you to use or else it won't work.

Wow, didn't even know that was a PC98 game. There must be a wealth of weird Japanese titles on their unique PC types.

>11 days
>byuu's forum is still closed for registration

>Why doesn't Citra support DirectInput or Xinput?
Because it hasn't been implemented yet. Someone made a PR for XInput, but apparently did a bad job so it wasn't accepted.

game gear: osmose or genesis plus gx? which one is more accurate?

I haven't heard of osmose. GPGX is pretty good in general though.

hacked my n3ds
how shit is genesis emulation

>Vast majority of shit I seen on the Google Store is stolen, maybe due to the extremely low barrier of entry.
fair enough. I suppose Google Store may be more sketchy.

I've just seen too many ridiculous accusations and assumptions. Some people think that CEMU stole code from Dolphin, which is ridiculous.

Then you have people like SP even claiming that emudevs just use stolen docs and don't do ANY reversing. I find that statement ironic considering he prefers to copy their code instead of looking at the docs himself. If he read the docs himself, perhaps some of the libretro cores would be in better shape.

probably no accuracy test done on both then. ok ill just go with plus

web.archive.org/web/20160412180707/https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4dyy1b/hello_everybody_turtle_here/

How well MM runs?

What is THE best PS1 game

What consoles emulate well on a high end computer at this point in time?

Anything later than, say, ps2?

Crash Team Racing, Silent Hill, Chrono Cross

Cemu will do WiiU. Some games are completable.
Xenia can play some X360 games fairly well.
Dolphin does Wii alright.

Crash 3 or Silent Hill

SNES

Guys how well does Kirby Planet Robobot run on Citra? I cant justify spending $40 on a 5 hour long game

Slowly.

twitter.com/byuu_san/status/817557134367932416

Turtle is still alive

Just hack your 3DS, fag.

>Then you have people like SP even claiming that emudevs just use stolen docs and don't do ANY reversing.

That's a knee jerk reaction to the idea that emudevs are reverse engineer coding gods that figured everything out themselves. The truth is somewhere in between.

twitter.com/byuu_san/status/816461876926287872
What's a microaggression? Isn't emugen full of these?

>Super sorry to hear about your manhood.
>I look forward to your future punctuation edits on github.
>They are a source of great amusement for the community.
romjacket all but told him he is a meme.

Any project that includes a CoC is garbage and should be either abandoned or forked to a non-CoC project.

PS3 never ever?

Not for the next 10 years or so

Come back in ten years

What is he talking about?

LOL!

What

Why is it funny

retroarch is not beginner friendly at all, holy shit this thing is a piece of garbage to use...

why can't they release LAKKA for windows 10 as software rather than OS

i feel kind of bad about saying that to him..

most of the libretro exclusive gimmicks are released ONCE and then left over to rot for years.

really makes one ponder

You just need to get good.

Should I be impressed or what

Do you only post screenshots to impress other anons?

Yes

I'm sorry I thought that all you did was shitposting famalam

I do this too

Some places have codes of conduct with weird language about what is not allowed on that site

Aside from specifically emulation perks (save states, guitar hero controller) what advantage does this have over the PS3 HD version?

Higher resolution (HD is only 720p).

You don't need a PS3

damn how can the ps3 compete

Alright I'll humor a little shitposter like you, how is lakka different from RetroArch?

MAME 1.0 when

give me a decrypted rom and I'll tell you

Is that rule itself not an example of microaggression?
ye, everyone quit
Handling all the possible forms of input on modern software is hell.

Will there ever be a fix for having weirdly pixelated maps / text on pcsx2?
Practically ever rpg I try to play has this problem despite everything else looking great.

this general is even more dead than when i was a regular

Not until they add texture replacing. So no, never.

Its deader than a 30 year old tranny.

For R&C1 specifically you won't get the fucked up models and borked dynamic music, maytbe other stuff too since the PS3 HD was always kinda shit.

Wow, Shodan really let herself go

Just start discussing Retroarch and SP and it'll perk right up

I got PCSX Rearmed working on my phone. Does it require fuckery for changing disks? Also, does Retroarch have an overlay with analog sticks? So far I only managed to find the digital one. Thanks in advance.

If by fuckery on disc change you mean something like mednafen I doubt it

Apparently Beetle PSX got cheat support last month. Anyone try it yet?

That's good to hear. What about the overlays? Having sticks while I decide which pad to buy would be fun.

By the way what pad would you reccomend?

bump

Why is it that when I a Sega CD .cue in retroarch it launces to SegaCD audio player and tries to read the game like an audio disk?

Why does the size of PS2 roms vary so much?

Just needs dynarec. Some games currently run at low framerates on a super-pc because the emulator is interpreter only.

What core are you using?

>because the emulator is interpreter only.
Is that true? Also, I'd love to see how Zen handles RPCS3 with its 8 cores and 20MB cache.

Some are CDs, some are DVDs, some are dual layer DVDs.

From what I've read, it's interpreter only. Info may be out of date.
More cores shouldn't really make any difference.

It's had a dynarec (for both PPU and SPU) for ages.

Well then the wiki info is severely outdated. Ignore me.

>There are people playing PS3 games to completion at an average of 10fps
emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=175609

>More cores shouldn't really make any difference.
Is the CPU emulation still really that bad?

No emulators utilise multiple cores particularly well.

I thought early versions of RPCS3 did.

There were people like this in the early days of pscx2 and dolphin

WELL

Because sony wasn't retarded and allowed devs to fill discs as much(or as little) as they wanted.

I've tried items 1, 2 and 3 and now I'm out of juice.

That dragon went down pretty easy.

>byuu's forum is still closed

no one gives a fuck about you trying to mess with him god damn leave him alone

This boss was dumb. The walls don't reset so it's easier if you fight it, die and then come back.

I don't really like the reliance on certain ammo types to complete levels either.