M/O/PAR GENERAL THREAD

Mopar thread! Lets start something new. I know there are a few of you out there.

(No nigger'd out Chargers.)

(May get some shit for this. Haven't been on this board too long.)

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5956607816.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/5941881835.html
smythkitcars.com/new-products
youtube.com/watch?v=YVe96XtWwPI
youtube.com/watch?v=jDaLX0TUFm0
youtube.com/watch?v=j-nROPTP6M0
roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=141_197_198&products_id=2418
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_(952)#North_America_engines_and_performance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>live in yurop
>don't care much for Ferd and Chebby but MOPAR tends to be pretty cool
>surprising amount of USDM Ferds and Chebbys available but next to no MOPAR stuff
>mfw

Move here, dummy.

In

Am I the only fan of the 318 here? I fucking love that engine.
I also like the dodge Aspen... anyone else?
I just think an Aspen with a modified high revving 318 would be a great deal of fun.

My dad used to have a sedan one, but I never got to see it.

My granddad used to have a Valiant, which he bought used after someone committed suicide in it.

He gave no fucks.

No, I love it too. I have a '71 LA block at the machine shop right now getting cleaned up and bored .30 over. Can't wait to build it

>Aspen
You're literally the only person who likes those.

sounds fun. which LA block?

>He gave no fucks.
I wouldn't either. That would actually be a bragging point to me. I've always loved the idea of a haunted car.

the 318ci. was responding to

I am both those people you quoted. You just said LA block. There were 273's, 318's, 340's, and 360's.

Not really. I'd like a decent Aspen R/T too

I'm a Mopar guy. Got a 5.2 Ram and a 5.2 ZJ. Really would like a cheap little turbo 4 cylinder to fall in my lap too.

It ain't gonna be no caravan
Search Craigslist, I find the o Daytona's every once in a while

I've pretty much down with whatever as long as it's cheap and solid. Daytonas are usually flogged to hell. A few years ago these shits were everywhere and half their owners didn't even really appreciate them.

A Charger Shelby GLH-S is like the only somewhat affordable interesting Dodge on my euro Craigslist equivalent, and they're still asking almost 7 grand for it.

At least it has less than 60k miles on it, though the paint is in complete shit shape.

It is the lightest of the light iirc and I'm sure it meets weird yurotax requirements. 7000 is crazy but 65k miles really is pretty low. Make sure it hasn't been sitting without clocking miles for years though.

Why do I want this so much

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5956607816.html

Heads up.
maine.craigslist.org/cto/5941881835.html

Getting a Caliber SRT4 this month too.

I have something for you to see... want a truck?
smythkitcars.com/new-products

Well it's a good example of what it is. Those Chargers are pretty similar to Omnis. I like the super plain Omni better though.

It's like some kind of weird mashup of things that America isn't known for doing, and yet it's a Dodge AND a Shelby so it's as American as it gets.

Super unique little things.

>smythkitcars.com/new-products
God no. My Charger is nearly at it's life's end. Granted I paid $2000 for it, but I went through the truck phase. Had a 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T with a 5.9 swap. Loved it but I wanted something with better mileage.

Fuck me I wish those were available
>Lotus 16V head

Hhhnnnnngggg

Neon SRT4's are going for around $3k-6k now. I'd get one of those.

I know, I know but that's so common

Caliber SRT4? I'm getting one soon and they're pretty damn rare.

Neon SRT4's aren't all THAT common. Most people confuse them for Regular Neons.

Then it passes them. lol

Not him but I'd love a Caliber SRT4. I love how it looks and I think the idea of a Lancer Evo's AWD system bolting right up to be a bonus.

This is the one I'm getting this month.

awd swap it.
youtube.com/watch?v=YVe96XtWwPI
youtube.com/watch?v=jDaLX0TUFm0
youtube.com/watch?v=j-nROPTP6M0

Man, wonder how expensive that would be.

>Mopar thread
>only talking about 80s shitboxes and trucks

About 10-15k depending on mileage is what I'm seeing on Autotrader and cars.com

That's why we can't have nice things.

that me made me smile :)

I wanna put a WAT sticker on mine, but I can't find anything smaller than those.

My Ausfailian Mopar

What is it?

It's an A body. Under the sheet metal it's a Plymouth valiant. It's got a 245 cube straight six almost hemi that was designed by dodge US in the 60s for use as a light truck motor before Chrysler Australia picked up the mothballed design for use in their passenger cars. It has a borg-warner 3 speed auto but because of some kind of industrial action restricting the supply of autos it is also drilled to accept a torqflite 904. The rear end is the same Borg Warner 78 that has been fitted to basically every Australian car built in the last 40 years (Holden and Ford included). The bodywork was designed by US Chrysler engineer Bob habbach, and shares design cues with the 1999 dodge charger concept, which he also designed

so basically, Chrysler of Australia got America's throwaways?

Literally yes.

Yes and no. The A body is/was a really good platform for the size they wanted. And the 245/265 hemi was extremely successful in racing, not so much in Australia where the tracks had longer straights that favored the wider power bands of the Ford and GM small blocks they were competing against, but in New Zealand the circuits were tighter and the lighter straight 6 really came into its own. Also they were available with a 318 or 360 and a handful of 340 cars were also built. So yes they were using "throwaway" parts, but in the same sense that GM holden builds LSA powered station wagons. They are built to suit the local market, not to impress the American buyers who will never see them or understand the job they do

Noice. Would love to see a LA V8 in her though

We got a 6 cylinder Hemi engine which produced up to 300hp in racing configuration, and 200hp with the standard 2bbl carb

Heres mine, a late 70's 265 Hemi-6

>then it passes them
>mynigga.jpg

What is the most affordable mopar muscle car?

>bareacuda

Nah m8, we're full.

>440
>Np435 4speed
>Np205 independent
>D70 front and rear
>Ugly as the day is long

>400 big block out of a 78 power wagon
>Going into my 93 w150

Anyone else slant six here?

What do you guys think of the Dodge Dart Rallye edition? Decent turbo 4 cylinder?

I saw a Dodge Shadow Turbo at the post office the other day and it was actually pretty cool looking. Like a mini fox body.

Yay or nay?

My 2016 Challenger Hellcat

yay.

The 2.4l turbo Darts provide the same power as a FiST at a slightly lower price and aren't butt ugly.

Sometimes I wish I were a manlet so I could fit in these little cars comfortably.

>2.4 turbo Darts

Best Japanese Mopar vehicle checking in

HI, I'm the Challenger guy who always argues against newfags buying Mustangs and Camaros by using logic and numbers.

Been a Mopar guy since I was a kid. Realized it watching Vanishing Point and the Dukes of Hazzard.

I daily a '12 R/T, wife drives a 1500 Lone Star Hemi, and I've got a 1990 Ramcharger SE I'm rebuilding with the intention of a 12V swap.

AMA.

roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=141_197_198&products_id=2418

I bet you have a fun time getting out of that gravel drive way

>ugly

But that's wrong user

How is the Daytona Japanese? It's based on the All American K-car, and powered, usually, by the 2.2L or 2.5L I4 engines. The only thing Japanese about it were models with the trash Mitsubishi 6G72 V6.

I dont actually have alot of good photos of my Daytona

Have too much fun in that car

Muh V10 powered 1500

No, he's absolutely right. The old D and W series trucks are ugly as sin. It's part of their charm.

Face only a mother could love.

>aftermarket turbo system

You might as well get the 1.4 with a tune and get FiST power, fuck the tigershark

Are you just talking about the 72-76 D/Ws? Because of the grill? All 72-93 trucks are basically the same, just different grills and other changes.

77-79>81-85>86-89>80>72-76>90-93

>tfw no new or classic power wagon

>only available in crew cab
I hate this trend so much

It's the body style, in general. They are completely utilitarian by design, so they aren't attractive. It's not a knock against them, really. They look like beasts.

Those are fucking cool cars but I can't find any that aren't beat to shit

I'm 6' and somewhat built. Will I fit in a Dart?

Yes. The dart is classed as a mid-size car by the EPA due to the amount of interior space, nevermind the outside dimensions are similar to a Chevy Cruze or Toyota Corolla.

To each his own I guess. Personally I love the way look

Interesting. I've always thought they were good looking cars.

Definitely better looking than a FiST, not as good looking as a FoST imo.

Excited to see what replaces it though.

The 2.4L is only in the Dart GT and it isn't turbocharged. An intake, exhaust and a tune will give you around 200HP like a Fiesta ST though. If you use the Dart turbo kit posted earlier in this thread, that'll bump power to around 290 HP.

>Excited to see what replaces it though.
They already decided on that. They're going to rebadge a Turkish built Fiat Tipo as the new Dodge Neon. Pic related. It's already on sale in Mexico.

Does that mean we'll see a new Dodge Neon SRT4? I really hope so.

The most powerful engine in any variant of the Tipo is a 120 HP variant of the 1.4L Turbo. If I had to guess, I'd say they'll just migrate the Dart's engines over for the American market.
There is possibility of a SRT4 variant since they had the Dart SRT4 90% completed when they canceled it. Rumor has it the Dart SRT4 was to use the Hurricane 2.0L Turbo that debuted in the recent Alfa Romeo Giulia.

What were the specs on that 2.0 engine?

In the new Giulia?
280 HP and 306 ft-lbs in the American market Giulia.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_(952)#North_America_engines_and_performance