/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #645 - Sonic Man Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/13nFFvW_f9gQNTcn3q9iQmO_yD0Q0xZjDEG2IVrF6yAE/edit?pli=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Sc5PaaiasR4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post your favorite characters, /sthg/!

Sonicman's arms are not blue!

He said "characters", user

Sally
Nicole
Preboot Antoine
Jet
Metal Sonic
Metal Knuckles
E-123 OMEGA
Aosth Robotnik
SatAM Robotnik
Boom Eggman
Modern Game Eggman
Abyss
Clove
Cassia
Metamorpha

Posting the only correct response.

Tikal is cute when dressed up.

Eggman should finally beat that blue rodent someday.

He practically did in Colors. It was just pure happenstance that he ended up losing.

Is there any possible way to improve Eggman? Or is he completely perfect?

Weapons-grade Cute

Best girl coming through.

Challenge accepted.

I'll actually bother drawing the rest of it some other time, I just happened to walk in as the thread was dying and see your post.

>I'll actually bother drawing the rest of it some other time
You better. Or else.

Gala-Na?

Oh, is there any link to today's episode of Sonic Boom?

There better be a Sonic reference in Shenmue 3

Youtube still has no results, sorry user.

docs.google.com/document/d/13nFFvW_f9gQNTcn3q9iQmO_yD0Q0xZjDEG2IVrF6yAE/edit?pli=1
At the bottom

Someone just put this in the OP please

Pre-boot Echidna, didn't actually do much besides help fix Knuckles's greenness. Her amazing proportions are really the only noteworthy thing about her.

So when the comics are cancelled, are you going to stick with Sonic or move on to something else?

Always stick with Sonic.

If the comics are cancelled I'll stick with Sonic, but a lot of my enthusiasm will be gone

I'll keep an eye on the games and maybe cartoon as they come out, but if the comics are cancelled then this general is dead so I won't actually talk about Sonic outside of the /v/ shitposting threads.

If you don't care about potato quality youtube.com/watch?v=Sc5PaaiasR4

>Just got done watching the potato version on youtube

fug

Man, the episode wasn't even that good

>What am I supposed to cover with that, are you making fun of me?!

>Naked Eggman in official media

What episode is this from? Was there a Psysco reference?

Today's episode, Multi-Tails.

Any links? been googling it.

Never mind, looked up in the thread.

Important shit really needs a image on it.

Read thread

So are they implying that it's large?

It's the legacy of the PINGAS

Eggy is the best. I still want a game where you solely play as him.

Hey, what happened with Printbro? Do you think he gave up?

>Knuckles has a fucking beam clash with a drill machine
I swear, we're gonna end up with an episode where he learns to teleport with his mind, at this rate.

Or else what?

So I found this photo of someone trying to port Sonic's 06 model. Don't know why, probably out of curiosity.

The bone names on this model apparently have weird names. Don't believe me? Check out Pic Related.

The bone is by is crotch by the way and to top it off it's called "Princess Point"

Or else I'll hold your hand without your consent.

DISGUSTING

Say something nice about the character(s) you dislike.

I like the Babylon Rogues' designs.

Sally Acorn has been slightly more tolerable since the reboot.

Sonic has okay friends. Most of them better then him.

Scourge doesn't exist anymore.

... Eggman's Japanese VA was okay.

He was surprisingly decent in the comics until the Egg Grapes happened.

Classic, Modern, Fleetway, Boom, I love every Amy.

So, what's /sthg/'s earliest Sonic memories?

For me, it was going to my aunts house, and playing a port of Sonic 3 on her PC. I spent way too much run in Mushroom Hill Zone.

Ken Penders was, uh, dedicated.

>So, what's /sthg/'s earliest Sonic memories?
I wanted to watch Power Rangers but my mom thought it was too violent so she made me watch the cartoon with cute colorful animals instead. You know, the one where they fight a genocidal maniac who has a free-will-destroying device. I liked it, so I got a Genesis with Sonic 2 the following Christmas.

The Deadly Six theme is alright
>Disliking Eggman
Why? And who would be a better villain?

I wasn't talking about Eggman.

Who then?

I think he was talking about Charmy.

>earliest Sonic memory
Watching Sonic Underground in French on Teletoon.

Mephile's voice acting was great

I don't like anything about him, honestly. He's just a manchildren that doesn't do anything well, cracks petty jokes, and does the same things every time. It's boring. I don't find anything engaging about his character, and it's really grinding how everyone loves him so much.

I'm mostly talking about the games here.

Funny enough, Power Rangers was the main thing that caused SatAM to be cancelled.

Source?

Blaze is definitely unique and useful whenever she's utilized.
Rotor has a nice design too, I suppose.
Ray is one of the only non-super characters in the color yellow, which always catches me by surprise.
Storm at least gives Knuckles someone to spar with that isn't Rouge or Eggman.
Amy is fucking adorable.

>He's just a manchildren that doesn't do anything well, cracks petty jokes, and does the same things every time.

>I'm mostly talking about the games here.
What games? The Boom games? Eggman has never acted like this in any game, except Colors. He is played completely straight (not SA2/06 straight, but still competent) in every game, even the other 2 Pontaff games.

>Ray is one of the only non-super characters in the color yellow, which always catches me by surprise.
Tails exist

I grew up watching that in Spanish.

He was a bit comical in the Adventure games, too.

>Yellow
>Pic related

Ok.

I meant bright yellow. Tails is orange-ish.

In the Modern era, he is.

Chris has good taste in waifus

What would be a better villain for sonic? I'm thinking Mephiles or someone like him. No nonsense, he gets shit done

Mephiles is the best Sonic villain. I mean, he killed Sonic. Eggman is shit compared to Mephiles

Your opinions are shit.

I don't think Eggman by himself is a bad villain, but he'd be much better if they took him more seriously. I don't mean to the extent of being super edgy or whatever, but to the extent where Sonic has an actual threat to overcome.

Sonic is supposed to represent freedom and life (no fuck off Sparky I'm not talking about Embodiment of Chaos shit) so they should play up Eggman being his opposite in representing excessive order. He builds robots because they're mindless automatons who follow his orders without hesitation, and he wants to rule the world to impose his form of order with him in charge. That isn't that much of a change from his base character, but it seems the games don't really follow that route.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'm letting Boom influence me too much. It's been several years since I've watched any non Boom characters do anything, and even before that, the last games I played were Colors and Generations (which was bare as fuck).

Still, I don't know, he annoys me and I can't take him seriously. I don't remember any examples right now, but I always find that people applaud things of him that I find negative. I guess I'm no fun.

BURP

No, Eggman is shit. He's never been half as competent as Mephiles has.
But the thing is that Eggman is a boring incompetent manchild. Mephiles is the embodiment of evil and chaos. Eggman may have been good for his first few outings, but Mephiles should be Sonic's primary villain. After all, with what Sonic's accomplished, his villains should be big and grandiose, and how much bigger can you get than the devil

Tails is yellow.

Strictly speaking, it tends to fluctuate game to game, with a heavier lean to yellow more recently. Seriously, how many yellow foxes have you ever seen in person?

>Mephiles is the embodiment of evil and chaos
>the embodiment of ..... chaos

Welp. I guess this is the perfect time to post a picture of myself as a Sonic character.

Tails is a cute!

Fuck off Sparky

>But the thing is that Eggman is a boring incompetent manchild
He doesn't need to be. Hammy and full of himself, but not incompetent. Think more Adventure 2 and Unleashed instead of Pontaff and Boom.

And Mephiles is more Shadow's villain than Sonic. He's literally Shadow's shadow and had zero interaction with Sonic besides ganking him in the back.