Am I the only one that gets nervous when driving anything that gets moderate attention...

Am I the only one that gets nervous when driving anything that gets moderate attention? I feel like I'm always trying to not look like a dumbass driving and I hate whenever anyone tries to talk to me about my car at a light. Anyone know this feel?

why? no i dont

I've been driving my dad's shitty Sentra while my Cadillac's out of commission. Thing sounds like a weed whacker. I'll admit, I do love buzzing pedestrians as I blow by.

I must have some social disorder then or something. Driving my corolla is all fine but if I am in my torino I get nervous

I do. I feel a bit like a d-bag in nice cars and the stop light thing is really awkward. Tinting my windows helped a lot with that, also buy an understated color. Doesn't work so good in a Ferarri, but in a 911 it helps a lot.

Never had this feel. Tint windows so people cant see you then it doesnt matter cause they cant see you

I have a '99 corvette that boomers always comment on. It's usually a compliment, but often thinly veiled sour grapes since I'm only 24.
I bought it for $15k, which is less than a relatively new CRV
>Nice corvette, you must be pretty well off for a young guy.
>I like the car man, what year is it?
>Hey co-worker, have you heard user has a corvette? Oh wow, how'd you afford that?
I usually don't talk about it if possible

When your in something other people notice they know it's on purpose when you drive like a dick and not you being accidentally stupid. When I'm in my grandpa's 57 Bel Air I always drive like like an asshole.

Yeah no one lets you in when your driving a nice car either, they figure you are an asshole I guess.

I am an asshole.

go ahead and tell us what old 5 speed shitbox you drive.

Not op but the cops will stop you and make you remove the tint if they want to be dicks

My car has big swoosh decals from the previous owner on the sides. I quickly got over this feeling very quickly but everytime there's a boyracer in a Scion or a Civic with a park bench sized wing sitting on the trunk I'll get rev'd at.

inb4 take them off, I don't really care enough to do that

Not where I live. I have illegal tint on my front windows and whenever i get pulled over i just roll them both down. Never had them say anything about it

How are you supposed to respond to someone complimenting your car/bike, at, say, a gas station or something?
What are you supposed to do?
I usually just come off like a complete autist and freeze up.

Remain silent and stare at them like a real human bean.

>"Hey thanks man, I love it too!"
>ask them about their vehicle

I feel like a bit of a turd in my civic wagon cause the window line starts low but they are super tall so like you can me very clearly in the car, and everybody is staring at it when I drive it

>implying i even want to know about their normie tier shitbox
>b-b-but muh courtesy

Same, have a 04 z06 and people think I paid alot for it. Only 20k and I'm 23. Those into cars usually know they are relatively cheap and don't bat an eye. It's the non car people that look.

window tint is supposedly about to be outlawed in NY

nice quads famalam

>ask a dude about his beat up transit with his family sitting up front
OK user.

"Hey! Thanks dude!"

And thats it, you roll up the window or drive away. I typically just get waves or thumbs up anyways, I typically don't have to deal with conversations all that much so it's not even worth stressing over.

This is why nobody likes you people. You're autists who can't into small talk or being normally friendly.