Brz/frs/gt86

Veeky Forums's opinion on the brz/frs/gt86?
I just bought one and I gotta say I like it.
Definitely an upgrade from my '03 Honda Pilot.

Hope you got a 2017 because Lol if you didn't

They're slow

/o hates this care for various reason. Its probably an ok car. I've never driven one

fun car, people going to bitch about it not being fast but that's not why you bought it so..

2017 FRZ look like shit

auto or manual?

OP here. I got the '13 Premium. Kind of regret not getting the limited. But it's great for me.

manual. It's my first manual too, so that's been fun.

push button start is cancer, how many miles?

40 grand. Mine is not push button.

You have nothing to be concerned with. It's a great car and a return to sports cars of old. The only problem they have is they're fairly low on power compared to the competition, but aftermarket exists for a reason. The best way to fix that issue is with a supercharger.

It really is a fantastic sports car though. Enjoy it.

that's quite a bit, how much you pay?

Oh I definitely overpaid. 17 grand. But then again, I am fortunate enough to have a father who could buy it for me. He gave me a budget of about 20 grand and I decided I wanted a Subaru. The obvious answer was a WRX but the insurance was insane as I am a male under 25. My brother is a mechanic and he highly reccomended the BRZ.

not too bad, any pics of said car?

Well it's night time and I can't get any pics with decent lighting. But its white with a black roof.

Why would you buy one now and not wait for the 17

wait wut? wrx insurance is higher than the brz? insurance companies treat the wrx as a typical sedan while they treat the coupe as a sport car. why would the wrx be higher in insurance?

i'd remove the vinyl on roof, do not get lazy on maintenance fucker always check fluids.

Do you really think vapefags don't get in crashes daily and raise the premiums

Is the vape meme even real? every wrx owner Ive met doesnt vape, although Ive only met like 3

Mate, I'm not really sure. But them's the numbers.

WRX gets fucked because turbo. at least that's why mine is so expensive.
The meme depends on where you are at. I smoke real cigs and own a WRX

maybe its the difference in horsepower? That, I guess I can understand. My insurance guy said it just depends on the price of the car. How much is your insurance, OP?

To be honest With you fαm, I'm not really sure. Dad bundles it with his other cars, cheaper that way. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 a month I think, even though my driving record is clean.

You should be able to check on your policy how much goes to each car. I pay semiannually and about 700 goes to my sti while 200 goes to my sister's corolla.

2017 is the worst.
>Set to understeer
>Steering wheel controls

No

The steering wheel controls alone are a deal breaker. They really should've been an option. The wheel felt great the way it was before, they shouldn't fuck with the steering wheel, because that fucks with the sweet, creamy driver experience. You listen to reviews from everyone from Jeremy Clarkson to Jay Leno, and the consensus is the FT86 is a very satisfying drive because of its analog simplicity (power steering notwithstanding).

Turning that sacred cow of a steering wheel into a joycon is sacrilege.

The steering wheel controls are shit, but you can just swap out the wheel if you feel that strongly about it.

The change in the 86's suspension to set it to the BRZ's rates was a good idea, because you don't get understeer with a BRZ unless you're trying incredibly hard to make it happen, and otherwise you get a more neutral feel, which translates to better track times. The whole point of Toyota's original setup was to try and convince people that it was an out of the box drift machine, but it turns out that's only possible with Prius tires. But, even with better tires, the FR-S didn't feel quite as planted as the BRZ, which erodes confidence for most people, resulting in worse times. So Toyota did the sensible thing and made the 86 more neutral.

Not that it matters anyway because nobody's going to keep the stock suspension for long, except maybe on the BRZ that comes with the Sachs dampers from the factory.