Driving/Drifting School?

What's up Veeky Forums, I've been wanting to get into some more serious driving on a closed course, but I'm not sure where I can do that in San Diego. Does anyone have any suggestions on a place that I can learn to drift? I don't really want to do parking lots because I don't want to lose my license if I get caught. Is there any way to get closed track time for a reasonable amount of money? Does San Diego even have opportunities like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-4QEGvsGNFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>learn to drift
Best advice I can give you is to kill yourself

Why? Drifting is very fun, and nailing a good drift is a rewarding experience. You sound like you don't like to enjoy yourself.

As a fellow SDfag, I have not seen nor heard of a place anywhere for shit like that. Best bet is to hit parking lots for a few minutes, then beat it before the cops show up.

I have no idea what exists in California, but just look around the nearby tracks and see if any have drifting events scheduled throughout the year.

Some of those will be "fun" events geared toward amateurs and people like you. Get in on one of those after talking to organizers/registering to make sure newfags are permissible.

As far as actual instruction/courses go, don't know what to tell you unless you want to move to Finland. You're kind of going to have to do what Tsuchiya did and teach yourself.

I guess it's easier for me, living within 50 miles of a major raceway (VIR). Going to a couple events this summer.

a thousand hours in Assetto corsa before you even attempt it in your 100k mile unserviced shitbox

also this.

I know people laugh at it, but simracing can at least help you get the basics down before attempting it on actual pavement and in a car you're probably going to hurt.

Does Forza Horizon count?

Ive been caught 5 times drifting in parking lots, they just tell you to stop being an idiot and leave. Ive even been caught drifting on the street once and had the same response

That one time on the street though he did threaten to give me 3 tickets. So I don't advise doing it on the street. Also parking lots are typically privately owned which im pretty sure means the owner/worker has to call the cops on you to have anything actually happen. If you have any industrial/commercial areas they typically clear out at night and are the best place to go as the parking lots are massive.

All the lots I've found have planters or dividers in them, and I'm not nearly experienced enough to practice on that

180k*, but it's a GS300 so it might as well be half that

Can it be a few less hours if I played a lot of Gran Turismo?

yes but only if you can drift tsukuba in reverse through the dunlop corner like a pro

fuck off gs300 nerd

W-whats wrong with a gs300? I-I like my 4 door poopra

You shouldn't need a teacher to teach it to you, it comes naturally. If you need a teacher to teach how to race you're probably going to total your car at the track pretty damn quick.

Little girls tech themselves to drift, it's not rocket science.

youtube.com/watch?v=-4QEGvsGNFY

No. Not at all. Get a real sim.

I just meant more like a closed track where I can learn, I couldn't care less about an actual instructor. Everything I've learned so far I've learned on my own, I just don't want to practice in the streets.

Is assetto Corsa good

It's alright. One of the better sims on the market currently, at least, just has an absolutely heebtastic policy regarding DLC content and multiplayer - you can't join servers if they're hosting content you don't own, which is most of them usually.

Most of the flaws so far as physics/traction modelling aren't noticeable until you've put a couple hundred hours in, but they're there. I'd put it on par with rFactor1/2.

For instance stuff acts a little fucky if you hit a bump during a corner in conditions where you're already on the edge of losing traction or have already done so. You can usually compensate with technique and knowing when that's going to happen beforehand, though.

Also its lead developer is an autismally raging faggot who seems to hate his own customers, good work gets done however.

Will it teach me how to be a good driver? Also is there VR support?

Lol what kind of retard would choose to live in San Diego

Only thing that'll git you gud is practice.

It has VR support.

You want the ~Eight-Six~, Takumi

SDfag here and since I'm moving I'll share my spot. 2AM at the admiral baker golf course is a good place to practice. It's pretty secluded and big enough to enjoy yourself

I truly appreciate your generosity friend. I'll check it out