Carburettors only thread

How many of you have all of the settings in spec, and how often do you check/adjust it?
>idle speed
>idle mixture
>auto choke adjustment
>float height
>accelerator pump shot
>cable and linkage freeplay
>synchronisation if multiple carbs

Seems like a lot of hassle but is it really any harder than diagnosing a rough running injection system?

Never because EFI > carbs at everything

>checking any of that
the last time I did that was never, aside from turning the flow screw for winter/summer

Carburators are for cucks. No reason at all to have them.

I bought it, stuck it on a new un-broken in crate motor, fired the thing up and turned the screws man. I'm far from a carb-guru, but this thing runs like a top. Doesn't matter if it's 5*F outside or 90*F, starts, idles and runs like a dream.

So far it's got just over 19,000 miles on it completely trouble free, haven't had to fuck with it since the day it went on, spent maybe 10 minutes making minor adjustments after we did the break in.
>edelbrock 1405 w/manual choke
>edelbrock performer intake

I just check mixture and synchronise the carbs when the idle starts to get a bit unsteady. Rest gets checked when I feel like rebuilding the fuckers

Required dark magic ritual to appease the carb God before attempting a rebuild

The worlds most expensive cars have carbs

Found the Millennials

>dd 225 slant six with single barrel carb for 2 years
>Adjusted idle one time
>Starts fine and runs perfectly at idle to valves floating

Once you understand how they work they're easy as fuck to diagnose

Why anyone would want to live with this?? Ill never know.

>only 1 carb
You are like a child.

Theres two you ding dong. Bmw opposed twin.

Seems like fun. I have 4 on mine and they are a breeze.

But that looks far older than my bike, what year?

Neither of my EFI motorcycles would start in the -10 weather we had a few weeks back. Know what did start? My carbureted one. I cracked open the choke and the thing turned over on the first hit.

All are looking good.
I 'check' it every time I drive it. Most of that shit you can feel when it changes, which is almost never.

78'

I love Holly carbs but they are a pain to work on when they do need it

Edelbrocks seem to be a little more user friendly
>My 400 big block has an Edelbrock
>My 440 has a holly

Because Bing

Yeah the open top design is definitely easier to deal with.
Have you ever used those summit brand carbs? They are an evolution of the ford autolite and have the same open top design.

Check out how nasty these carbs got. 2005 suzuki with 20k miles on the clock. Bike sat for 8 months before I bought it and this is the result.

are Rs easy to work on? They look simple but I'm always suspicious of eurotrash.

I will probably find a pair of cvk's if i really like how the bike feels.
Its been described as "tractor simple"
I havnt touched it yet... everything looks simple enough.

oh side note the bikes been sitting since 86 and has only been started and moved maybe 10 years ago.
Hows the bings gonna be??

EFI is better in everyway. Carburators are deprecated.