/hbg/-general

Quick copy and paste Edition
Last thread: →
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TOwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by following this guide → → → → →
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/44757

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide
youtu.be/svPRk_bDYts?t=15m3s
pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278797-dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-v1-2-english-patch.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>first for 3ds masterrace

First for lime green is best 3DS

First for IBS masterrace

>look up the prices
Fug.

I thought these were dual ips, but apparently they are top ips, bottom tn. Makes the eBay prices even more ridiculous.

so can I update a game after I download it from the freeshop or is there another way?

You can

never ever

Yes. Click the gamepad icon.

you can either
update it through freeshop
update it through eshop
update it with a cia from a site

How would I go from restoring a save from my computer to the 3ds? I have the cfw installed already.

So I followed a video guide (mizui) because I'm a retard who can't read without muh pictures, I installed everything just fine. o3ds 11.2, soundhaxed, safehaxed, sd card stuff, then went back and did some stuff he missed like copying arm9haxloader.bin to CTRNAND but I hear yall talking about downgrading to 2.whatever and I'm confused. Never did that, doesn't seem to be important right?

Dont update through Eshop

Nintendo will know you're hacking

Are you mentally ill?

>People still following videos after what just happened a few days ago.

Mizui's guide is outdated and missing parts

Can you update through the update notification

>not being a madman
plus you can get updates without the game on the eshop regularly anyway

Yes I know that's why I'm asking. Is the downgrade necessary?

reminder not to use any video guides and only follow the guide at 3ds.guide

>tfw have hacked ps3, 3ds&flashcard, psp,vita, and wii u
>thousands of games at my disposable
Whelp time to keep grinding through the backlog.

Yes

Yes, but they'll know.

You won't get banned but might get caught in a ban wave.

>not bricking your 3ds by following a brazilian video guide by someone who tried to take credit for everything and forgot to take away their own OTP file

Then if it's necessary how come everything works otherwise? My firmware is 11.2 currently and I'm homebrewed up playing pirated Mario Maker.

A-anyone??

>be BR
>save up your entire life savings to buy a 3DS
>have no money for games
>hear that there's a way to hack your 3DS and get games FOR FREE
>look up how to hack a 3DS
>find a detailed guide, made by professionals, that gives you a step by step process, gives you warnings, gives you download links to EVERY file you need, and even has troubleshooting/FAQ just in case something goes wrong along the way.
>nah fuck that, I'm just going to watch this faggot who probably hacked his 3DS once and thought to be generous enough to share his SD card files (including his very own OTP) with millions of huehue's around the world.

Can you actually just sit down for hours and play though? Once I've got a console perfectly hacked, all I do is open games, play for half an hour, and then think of what could be fun to get on the console next. It's the thrill of hacking it I'm after these days, barely even about the vidya anymore

>generous
He edited the files. It's clear that he wanted to be "famous".

So I have this old ps3 I remember tinkering with ages ago and I dont remember jack shit. Its on cfw but I think all the homebrew is outdated as as hit and so can anyone direct me to the best ps3 mod site with the most recent homebrew?

Then you've already done the 2.1 downgrade.

The thrill is precisely the near death experience while hacking your console. Pic related. NEVER FORGET

Ah, so the downgrade was just a temporary thing during the process? The way people talk about it here make it sound like they went back permanently.

I was the same at first but I really do have a passion for playing and enjoying games. It help that I only play 1 game at a time without starting any other until I have beaten. That way I prevent feeling overwhelmed. I usually play a stream of 3-10 games(usually of a franchise and in order) over the course of a few weeks and then stop take a break from games then come back and hack away.

it's only to get the otp to install a9lh you're only on 2.1 for like 5 mins

Yes, that's right.

Right now i'd reccomend updating to 11.2, so that you can play everything and not be bricked by 11.3 in a few days.

>not plugged in while on 2.1.0
my heart is racing

hey guys, im currently decking out an old wii with a broken disk reader to be a full VC machine, is there any site with .wad files that have links that aren't dead??

or if one of you is feeling generous and caring, and had these on hand, I'd love the following games

majoras mask
mario rpg
f-zero x
f-zero
dkc1
dkc2
dkc3
starfox 64

Do you remember when they warned you about keeping the microsd card out for a reboot and put it in once home? That's when you were on 2.1. I fucked up because I checked settings to get the version and it gave me a black screen cause I guess it resets and I had the microsd in. No problem though, just had to reset.

>YFW 11.3 is just removing the soundplayer app

>-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

That's tragic.

Is what I would say if 75% of PS4's library wasn't or isn't coming to the PC. At least I get to make an easy $200+ on this extra PS4 I've been storing in my closet.

It would be a smart move. It's not like anyone used the damn thing.

I was watching this video youtu.be/svPRk_bDYts?t=15m3s

And no error message came up and it's bricked. I was so close. If I take out the SD card it doesn't even stay on

Took a lot of time today to get this thing hacked. Now I don't really feel like playing anything...lol

Would I be able to update to 11.3 without losing my cfw?

stop posting this

JK's Save Manager, dummy.

I just to know, does anything look wrong on mine?

Didn't they do something similar on the Wii? I know they took away USB support for the image viewer/editor, but I don't know why.

They say it is safe but no one should upgrade to 11.3 until we find out for sure.

Delete this

11.2, yes.

11.3, no.

MAN THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE CONFUSING...

I SHOULD

CLOSE

MY

3DS

TO GET SOME TIME TO THINK

Do it faggot. See what happens.

Now that I'm hacked firmware do I sell the games that came with my eBay system? Should I keep one because of needing a cart for some steps? Are these even worth anything?

How to custom themes.

Are you the macfag from earlier? You need to hold START to go into Hourglass.

eh. most of the PS4 exclusives can be played up to 4.05.

and I just know /hbg/ will berate anyone who's updated when the scene inevitably progresses. I'm actually considering securing a PS4Pro, even if only to flip it down the line.

Find zip on Internet. Unpack into theme folder on microsd. Homebrew launcher, load theme.

That's what I did here :

Who?

I've been holding start for like minutes at a time. It's gone

Should I use cias to play GB and GBA games or just use the HB emulator instead? I got a bunch of the ambassador ones from freeshop but I need more.

and if you want multiple themes, make a seperate folder within the Themes folder, and extract each zip to an individual folder.

You've been holding start and then turning it on, right? Try holding select - you should boot into Luma with select and Hourglass from start.

use gba cias, for gb you can use whatever

did you rename it?

go on 3dsiso and download cias
gba cias work like they're on real hardware

Is paste bin for 3ds broke??
So I now that I can pirate games and download custom themes. Now what? Any SNES emulators? Any other cool stuff I can download?

GUYS TURN ON ESHOP

so I just replaced the legit copy of mario kart 8 I had on wiiu with a little less than legit copy and it isn't recognizing my save file, what do?

I can't read australian
what does it say?

THANK YOU

I was close to looking into a new system. Like seriously Holy Fuck thank you

And?
I just did.

Kek, no worries. You weren't seriously just holding start without turning the damn thing on, were you?

are you on CFW?
pic related. i'm on 11.2 and this shit pops up

>mfw I followed the guide to a T and everything's fine but holding my 3DS still feels like holding a bomb

Fake

Just do the update. I had normal firmware earlier today and 11.2 and it said I needed to update. I did and I will still 11.2 after. Now I have cfw and no update warnings. Currently 11.2.0.35.U.

Well when I first got the menu to turn on it was automatic for some reason

Maybe I'm just retarded

With CFW installed,how does I take screen shots?

Do we have any ETA on sighax? Will we have to wait a year for them to release it due to bullshit?

No worries, we've all had our moments. Mates N3DS is up and running after a hectic hour, sorted out his tickets and now I'm gonna do some comfy theme hunting for him and tidy the SD card. Cheers anons.

>If I had waited literally half a week I wouldn't have had to sacrifice my N3DS NNID and the process would've been much faster.

thank GOD! all it did was give me health and safety back. I forgot to back it up before installing FBI and I didn't have it for a bit

How is it that one can use Freeshop and NOT get caught? Do they just assume you get the game keys from somewhere like a store?

>Base Nintendo
>Fixing your hack mistakes

Now you can use your 3DS safely with the full knowledge of the health and safety information

Nintendo doesn't have a unified account system, they have near-zero way of knowing if you purchased it or not. The titlekey is installed on your system thus clears any piracy check. If they tried to ban you they'd run a risk of banning innocent people as well.

Here's how it works:

Normal method:

>Buy game
>Gain ticket
>Install game

Freeshop method:

>Trick Nintendo servers into thinking you have a ticket
>Gain ticket
>Install game

No difference, but they'll know if you update a game the normal way.

can I play ds games on 3ds through homebrew?

No, I'd recommend an R4i for that purpose.

I wonder,does installing games through freeshop also give you mynintendo points? Not that there's much point given there's no real rewards anymore but still.

help guys, I'm stuck on 2xrsa, and the page to run the otphelper keeps freezing

I know I can initialize, i've done that so many times

help /vp/, I just wanna gen

Not really. Get a flash cart. There are some good ones that work on 3DS.

No, It's not linked to a Nintendo ID.

If it were so, Nintendo would have more reasons to go after it.

Quick question about the freeshop: Does it check if you have enough space for a game at the beggining of the download/installation or only when is it downloading and it doesn't have enough space to continue? I plan on leaving the 3ds downloading a game while I sleep.

What's everyone's average download speed with Freeshop? I have shitty basement wifi so the most I get is 650~kb/s.

im going to repost this since i didnt know there was already a new thread

I use FBI to tell me how much space the sd card has left and then look at the file size before I DL. Try that.

1.2-1.5 with new3ds

Seems OP messed up the 3DS pastebin. Should be a "Q" and not an "O". Last thread had it right.
pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9

Read the pastebin.

Is it true that you can make digital copies of your physical games which you can then play without the game card on a hacked 3DS? Are there any guides for how to accomplish that?

Need some help here /hbg/. Currently trying to play DQM Terry's Wonderland but after downloading and installing the patched cia the thing hangs on the 3DS loading screen. Followed the instructions in this thread
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278797-dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-v1-2-english-patch.html
but nothing seems to work. When I follow the troubleshooting path it just overwrites the translated game with the Japanese one.

I am right next to the router and I get 750KBs on the old XL