/lite/ RogueLITE General

Last thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

kongregate.com/games/DivineGames/realm-grinder
youtube.com/watch?v=PGYA0HHfj78
dafont.com/curlystars.font
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why did so many people in the last thread try to discourage the meme run guy from doing boss rush?

I Really like Enter The Gungeon

I hate Edmund so much.

Also, Dr. Fetus + Tech X is one of the more enjoyable synergies I've seen.

*Retching Sounds*

God I love Nuclear Throne

>first Chest completion ever
>want to get the ending
>portal spawns
What do? If I'd known there would be a Portal I wouldn't have wasted my Chaos Card on fucking ???

Me too, GOTY 2016 desu.

Do it

do it

Do I still at least unlock the ending? I kinda wanna finish the rest of the game before doing the "true final boss" as faggy as that sounds.

>first Chest completion ever
unless you are crazy fucking OP I wouldn't go there

>11.4/17
Skip it and pop that box.

not the end cutscene but the unlock yea

I got Dr. Fetus and Tech X.

Explain further.

Damage and Attack Speed.
It's just not enough for Delirium.

Alright m8. I took the ending, and kinda glad I did.

Antibirth feels perfect in comparison to Rebirth.

The biggest fucking annoyance in Rebirth is that you feel like you're punished for being unlucky. In Antibirth there's a lot more ways to counterbalance a shitty run, especially since you can spend some resources to get into the new side areas giving you a choice of two items instead of one. Plus Angel Rooms are actually worth skipping devil deals this time around thanks to a really great pool of items.

The bosses in the new areas are also tuned really well; they don't feel like dumb HP sponges and come with fun but reactable movesets. My only complaint is Hornfel, which is harder to fight if you have more non-traditional tear sets.

Since /indie/ is still dead,
>Find an Idle Game on Kongregate
>Emergent gameplay swallows me whole
Send help.

Chimera has too much HP in my opinion.
Hornfel should probably have longer tracks as well with less doors. Cause that shit's a mess as is and you only get a second to hit him on some layouts.
>And then it's a dummy

I even put the name and site, but whatever.
kongregate.com/games/DivineGames/realm-grinder
>Go Evil, Skeletons cause I want the classic Idle experience and Evil/Skeletons both promote that
>Next morning reset with 440 Gems
>Go Good Elves just to try it
>Reset in less than an hour with almost 50 THOUSAND Gems
>Then hit a Billion Gems after trying all 6 Factions
>Them puzzles
>Now on Druids and probably gonna go for the 36 hour Faction now
>Have only looked up the Secret Achievements cause I know some are dumb shit like "Get Leet in coins"
>Am correct and knock out like 12 of them for a few nice upgrades

This sounds neat, I might try it. Does it explain how the factions play beforehand?

Does RPG only apply to Rebirth or do I have to get all the AB and AB+ shit too?

Yes. It gives you a really curt overview of what each Proof (good/evil/neutral/one I haven't found yet) does before you buy it.
Then it gives you a short description of what each Faction is good at before you buy their Treaty.
You can only access up to 3 Factions at a time after picking a Treaty.

>Treaty
Proof*
Real Plat God just applies to Rebirth.
1001% applies to Afterbirth.
1000000% applies to Afterbirth+.

How the hell do I code a new tear firing pattern in Afterbirth+ this is driving me crazy, the documentation is so very bad at explaining how to actually use stuff

Antibirth has ice tears that freeze enemies, which is a much nicer graphical effect than Mom's Contacts. Are there any other mod items that have actual ice powers?

I shamelessly enjoy WASTED as a time killer and relaxing fps rogue lite

Freezer Baby, but it's far weaker past Basement/Downpour because it has to last-hit the enemy to freeze it.

Hey guys, should I buy After+ or skip?
Be honest, because I just got paid today.

Why the fuck isn't antibirth starting? I install it, I boot it up, it crashes and leaves shit that won't close.

Wait until mods make it actually good and it's on sale for a fraction of the price.

AB+ will eventually be good, but as is, it's ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=PGYA0HHfj78

>That fire rate on the Rogue Special
Christ this would have made EtG feel much better to play

Also,
>Just got the last set of Racial Bonuses for Druids
>This
Exponential growth, here I come.

Shittiest way I've found to break Greed mode is Keeper+Swallowed Penny+Counterfeit Penny+floor spikes

It works, but it's tedious as shit until you get the ability to hold multiple trinkets and even then you're going to be grinding shit out for a long ass time until you find an easier break.

I've literally never had a 3 streak, but I'll be damned if I didn't get to 1001%.

What's better, God Mode or Antibirth/

Antibirth by three time-space continuums
God Mode is just "reskin everything and then give you more loot and more enemies."

God Mode is honestly kind of a mess but you could enjoy it. End game content is just pure nonsense though

>2 reskinned Mom's Hearts with boss armor at the end of the reskinned Womb and 2 reskinned Isaacs with boss armor at the end of the Cathedral
>So much nonsense that I never got to the Chest to see what the boss there is even with a Brimstone+Mom's Knife+Spoon Bender run

>Brimstone+Mom's Knife+Spoon Bender
Is this considered to be the most broken combo in the game? If not, what is? I don't really know the "meta".

these are unironically my favorite games of all time

Will we ever get to fight Dad?

Does the character editor work with Antibirth yet?

are you me I started this several days ago
It's pretty addictive

It's tough to say what the most powerful combo is really (probably either brimstone+tammy's head+spoon bender+ a fuckton of damage ups, or maybe epic fetus+pyro+tear bombs+ipecac, or one of a dozen others) but it's definitely up there and will wipe the floor with basically every regular room and most bosses.

>If not, what is
Gnawed Leaf+Daddy Longlegs for least amount of items to have a guaranteed win with

Isn't Mom's Toenail the same way?

If we're bringing trinkets into the conversation Smelter+Missing Poster would also work.

Smelter is a fucking awesome item now that I look at it.

And ? Card+Glowing Hourglass for that matter. That's how I did one of my Lost runs.

you should play angels today if not done already

Not really. It's hard to say what the "most" broken combination in Isaac is considering how many ways there are to make losing virtually impossible and the nature of the game means you'll almost never get exactly what you want. Most broken/fun combination would probably be Sharp Plug + Void with Blank Card, Yum Heart, and Mama Mega + The Wafer + Chaos Card.

But Void got nerfed so Mama Mega won't really work with it so I don't know.

Don't tell Edmund, he'll delete it.

Why do I hear so many people talking about Mama Mega? It seems useless.

Hell yeah it is. Monkey Paw+Smelter's another fun one.

There are a few Smelter specific breaks but barring great luck or shop breaks you won't see em that often.

does anyone have or want to make an image of delirium's different boss forms?

1. It clears a floor for you
2. It gets you into shit like Boss Rush and Hush after the timer
It also previously worked with Void to become an instant win for Apollyon

3. It opens up doors to game crash on the Chest in Greed Mode

I still try to kill the little Steven before the big one for a better chance at the regular Steven item even though I know it's not true. but what if it is?

>Chest
The Shop*

I'm assuming it's a remnant from a plan to implement either a Blue Womb or Delirium stage of Greed Mode that fell through.

Isaac's Heart + Blood Rights
press space to win

Nvm, it works now.

War is a false horseman anyway

So you can make the run as effort-free as possible. You can add Tauros + Aries to start every room with invincibility or replace Mama Mega with Pause if you want to just Chaos Card everything manually.

>Chaos Card everything
You mean like literally Chaos Card? How? Also, would Pause be broken as fuck with Knife/Spear or is that just me?

Blank Card and Yum Heart in Void + Sharp Plug and Wafer means you have infinite uses of any card you're holding.

>Doesn't work on Delirium
T-thanks, Tyrone...

>Chaos Card doesn't work on Delirium
Bullshit.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the fuck is that font

Reminds me of Barney...

>play bethany for 20 hours straight yesterday
>boot up Antibirth again
>bethany is now locked and all completion marks are gone

beware the eternal chew

oh fuck it is

Looking around the wiki, the Lazarus buff from Backasswards seems pretty awesome. Is it?

dafont.com/curlystars.font

It's not intentional I swear

Even so, why the hell would you WANT such a gay-ass font like that?

I'm doing Backasswards.

I figured since I was on the second-last floor, I already had a guaranteed won run, and I was just a bit short of becoming Guppy, I would take the devil deal to get the two items I was missing.

Turns out that since Backasswards takes away 1 heart every floor, I've just screwed myself out of winning the run, because if I try to go up I die and respawn.

Thanks, Edmund.

Do the rest of the floor and hope for a Health Up pill.

There was a spirit heart in the shop, thank christ.

post underrated items

Guppy's Paw + Strength card is my OTP.

Guppy's Paw + Blank Card in Void + Strength = unlimited spirit hearts?

Coming back to this, Yum Heart + Sharp Plug + Wafer for infinite charges with 0 effort actually won't work. You'll get a charge from leaving the room and Sharp Plug only works on items with empty charge meters.

I think a better combination that *might* work on Delirium is Placebo + Plan C + Smelter in Void + Missing Poster + 48 Hour Energy. Not sure if there's anything that can keep Plan C from killing you so you can get wins as anyone except the Lost with this.

Lazarus's Rags

Good room design, amazing quality Ed.

but you're holding a Bombs are Key pill

Chaos card doesn't work on what lies within.

>Edmund didn't name the new spider transformation Arachnid Kid

>2 Minutes in the caves
How?

Look at my items, Knife + Pentagram on Eve basically rips through everything.
Plus I had easy floors.

I'm having trouble installing Antibirth, it just runs Rebirth normally after installing. What gives?

>"okay so what should the new attacks for Ultra Greedier be?"
>"just make them all explosions"
>"but aren't there multiple items that completely protect Isaac from explosions?"
>"just make the doors shoot brimstone or something then I don't fucking know"

Truly we've reached the pinnacle of game design

Check where you installed the shortcut to if you used the installer.

Shortcut is on the desktop, so is the Antibirth folder

He is Bob

good taste

You're thinking of Pestillence

>On top of not being animated, delirium breaks Maw of the Void's animation
Fucking WHY

>I Really like Enter The Gungeon

why does no one like nuclear throne?

>Take Ludo
>have low tear speed from Blue Cap
>go to the Void
>realize I have made a terrible mistake that 24 damage, 5 tear delay, and holy light isn't going to solve anytime soon
It's fine, I didn't want to hit the boss anyway.