4-figure horsepower for under $100k?

>With Trump dismantling the EPA, will we enter a new horsepower war?

707HP is already 50 more than the top-tier Camaro ZL1 and the 2013 GT500, so why would they put more horsepower in the top car unless it was a ludicrous bump?

I don't think it will be a measly 100HP bump, I'm thinking 300 - making it the first road legal 1,000HP car.

And seeing that FCA could sell the Hellcat at $60k, I bet they could do it for under $100k.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Big-Block_engine
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fairlane_Thunderbolt
youtube.com/watch?v=7xsdCHiJKgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SKb97o7EWjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If there were no EPA we'd have Darts and Cruze's with 600hp for $50k by now. A V8 with forced induction should be making 4 figure HP at minimum. This ZOMG 700HP!!!!11!!! shit doesn't impress me.

GM could bring back the 454 and break 600HP NA with direct injection.

Ford's twin-turbo Voodoo/Coyote Ecoboost monster could be have 4-figure horsepower variants too.

Really? A bunch of transverse FWD V8s? Fuck off tryhard.

The demon will be a wide body (confirmed via F&F trailer) and probably AWD Hellcat, probably with a power bump to 750 or so.

I wonder if anyone has done a budget 1000hp build out of a ls350 with big turbos.

Surely 10-15k on a engine+trans alone would easily get 1000hp if you did it yourself with some help

This won't happen but I wish they'd come out with a 426.

the horsepower war has been going on for ages

Dodge just builds pure shit and needs numbers to cry for attention

it damn sure wouldnt be the first 1000hp road legal car either

Trump is a tard who wont do anything

>mfw i thought the awd challenger was going to be a v8

>turned out to be a rebodied v6 charger

>mfw i was actually interested in buying one still

if the make an awd v8 challenger shit would be so nice, but how would it turn?

>>making it the first road legal 1,000HP car.

>>With Trump dismantling the EPA
no
they just put out some fuel economy standards a few days ago,plus he can't just go in a dismantle them

go in and*
there's courts involved

Why can't they do it right and just make an AWD, 6-speed manual, 5.7 or 6.4 Hemi Charger?

"wide-body" dude that's what F&F does, fucks cars up with body kits. I don't think that's a factory representation.

Also, 700+ being split to the front wheels? They've never had a center dif that handled more than the old Hemi's 350ish... And they don't have beefy enough front halfshafts to handle double horsepower.

Not gonna be AWD. Why would they go from a 4-legged cat to a 2-legged demon?

because demons are humanoids and human have 2 legs
duh

There are road legal cars with more power than 1000 bhp

For under $100k? For under a million even?

Anybody can go to a GM dealership, buy a Corvette, drop it off at a tuning shop, pay $15k and have a 1000hp car for under $100k.

All I know is I will most likely be trading my Hellcat in for the Demon

An inspectable, reliable, warrantied one? KYS tryhard

hell you can get a 1000hp car for less thank 10k

only a tard would buy these attention whore Dodges

Road legal? kys

Looks like someone is butthurt that he can't afford one

3,500hp cars that run 5s in the 1/4 are road legal here

yeah you can build a 1000hp car just fine

why would I ever want to buy one

they arent impressive to anyone thats into cars and are simply normie bait

Inspectable - yes
Reliable - yes
Warrantied - ehhh. If you got money to drop on a car with xxxx HP then you can afford to fix any little issues that come up.

There's 2500hp road legal cars....

>Trump can't X
So it's going to happen?

Hennessey pls go and stay go

Hennessey is a bitch.

They're not cool enough to actually do it though.

FCA is.

Nah its pretty impressive, especially since they have to follow U.S and state legislation while trying to keep the vehicle reliable. Enjoy your "Built Not Bought" facebook page making fun of people who have a little extra cash in their wallet.

The wide-body was rumored to be called the ADR or American Drag Racing edition.

I think they just renamed that Demon though.

Nah NRE are the worst dyno queen's ever.

theyre not even reliable
707 hp from a SC 6.2 isnt impressive

enjoy your spending large amounts of money to be slow and unreliable compared to Cletus' junkyard Camaro he built under the tree in the backyard

Kek. How many times are we gonna hear trump can't do x y and z

I would rather have someone who stays stagnant than a dipshit who believes in open borders and "free" college.

Even a top fuel dragster won't put it's power down on the streets. Street pavement is like snow compared to a prepped drag track.

More reliable and warrantied than the Cletus Camaro. Must be hard being that retarded.

>he needs the dealership to change his light bulbs for him like a baby.

Let me guess... Your tool collection is a Black & Decker Walmart tool set?

I doubt it

you can get a 1,000 hp engine (all motor BBC) fully warrantied for $20k-ish that runs on 93

aftermarket stuff will be more reliable than the Hellcat and it still wont cost as much and quite a few parts have warranties too

like I said Hellcats are normie bait so I can see why you care so much about warranties when you cant wrench

>I live a life full of assumptions.
Nah I've got my fuck around car that I've got my hands in, but you have to be a pretty big edgelord to think that what Dodge has been doing isn't impressive. #BuiltNotBought amirite?

Impressive for modern cars I guess but not very impressive in the long run considering there were N/A V8's in the 70's putting out 400+hp.

And I am sure the aesthetics and interior is far superior too. Hey, I understand you can build up cars, redo the interior, and enjoy older vehicles. I just don't understand why you have to shit on a manufacturer while doing so.

Laws and times change, the fact that there is so much constricting manufacturers is why this is impressive.

because Im not impressed by "707"

We may see the return of small vehicles. As it stands the regulations are a car must meet certain emissions and mpg solely based on the track width and wheelbase of the vehicle and the standards are too high

Hopefully we will see better looking trucks and v8 options in smaller cars. I dont think car manufacturers will acknowledge a market for mass produced 8mpg street beaters

So your reaction is based purely on autism, got it.

yeah because getting excited over numbers isnt all that the Hellcat is or anything

once again

I like cars so it takes more than some hp figure that can easily be reached for less to be impressed

if youre a legit autist who cant understand that then oh well it cant be helped

Coming from a guy who has probably only been behind the wheel of a car with 300 or less. You are clearly a retard

You can buy a Roush Yates Ford Cup engine for about $50,000. They are about 950 horsepower and they are super reliable, too. Designed to run for 5 hours at 9,000 rpm. For shit on the street, you'll never, ever come close to that kind of abuse.

If you have to have that magic 1,000 horsepower, a 100 shot of nitrous and you're there.

is this the mental capability of Mopartards?

>hurr u retarded u dont even know haha I cant make relevant comments

its 2017 707hp isnt impressive unless you just simply arent well informed on cars

Designed to run for 5 hours at 9,000 rpm.

What's the point of revving out a V8 to 9000rpm? Pretty sure you could build a Chevy V8 that'll do that for half as much. Most big V8 boat engines will run at full rpm all day.

its a NASCAR engine it actually makes power up there and stays high in the rpms

The brand reaches out to its fanbase, creates vehicles that pays tribute to their own past while retain being modern, still appreciates numbers (not just in fuel efficiency), and shoots none shitty commercials. You just sound like a killjoy.

Ignore him, he doesn't understand that cheaper higher numbered vehicles are good for consumers.

When they measured gross horsepower with zero parasitic drag like transmissions, power accessories like alternators and power steering pumps?

Horsepower ratings in the day were total shams.

You are an idiot.

aka they make garbage and rely heavily on marketing and other things that dont matter

Every brand has its ups and downs, faggot. I'm a Toyota fanboy myself.

Dodge are just downs

Funny I have a nice collection of muscle cars and the most reliable cars I have are Dodges. You are just mad because Dodge dances on your little bitch ass face

>meanwhile new cars have electric power steering, brake boosters, water pumps, radiator fans
?

wow old irrelevant shit

Dodge is just awful user all there is to it

Old irrelevant shit that's probably worth more than everything you will own in a lifetime. Like I said you are just mad because you can't afford all the toys that are pocket change to me

oh look

even more irrelevant opinions

sorry like eating shit and so willing to pay just to drown in it

>BUYING a 1000hp car

You have posted absolutely nothing to give credibility to your claims either. You have the worst case of Syndrome of the downs I have ever encountered. You should execute yourself. Your life is trash and everything about you is shit

>707HP is already 50 more than the top-tier Camaro ZL1
Yet the ZL1 is still all around a faster and better car than the Hellcat...
Really makes you think. Almost like a horsepower figure on it's own is meaningless.

>why would they put more horsepower in the top car unless it was a ludicrous bump?
because people like you already think 707 over 650 is a big deal.

>I don't think it will be a measly 100HP bump
It will probably be 100-150. Knowing FCA it'll be some random "good looking" number like 808 or 888, meaning +101 or +181.

>I'm thinking 300
lolno
>making it the first road legal 1,000HP car.
lol.
CCXR, One:1, Veyron, Chiron, Ultimate Aero, Venom, etc.

>I bet they could do it for under $100k.
Probably.

Now here's the problem. Horsepower doesn't mean shit if a car can't put it to use. Judging by how awful the Hellcat is at putting it's 707 down, I don't even want to think about how stupid 800+ is going to be on that platform. It seems all FCA does is put out cars that look like monsters on a spec sheet or dyno, everything else be damned (and frankly that's all they have to do because people eat it up, ironically mostly those who will never drive or own one of them). I sincerely hope they at least have the damn sense to put fat ass tires on the back and make it AWD.
It's all kind of pointless if it ends up being 888, RWD, only manages to put down 700 to the wheels, and slides all over the place on a road despite weighing as much as a fucking Tundra.
But, we'll see. Maybe they manage to surprise.

so this is how a Mopartard acts when he realizes he spent money to choke on shit

just lol

Alternators and PS pumps have hardly any parasitic drag. Even modern engine dyno's measure power from the flywheel not from the transmission unless it's a wheel dyno. Every modern manufacturer measures their engine power (bhp) not the power at the wheels.

Keep in mind high compression engines and leaded race gas were readily available back then. Not everything was 8+ liters and 150hp back then contrary to Veeky Forums's belief. The numbers aren't that hard to believe.

they all made shit power though

There's only so much you can do with RWD and street tires before you have to start looking into going full drag mode. 700hp is getting pretty close to that point.

400+ n/a hp from 7 liters isn't horrible considering it's the 70's.

not a single one made that much

millwright here

you're retarded for buying snap-on or other name brands

Mastercraft is best tool brand and one of the cheapest

Eat your heart out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Big-Block_engine

>gross hp
>relevant

come on son

show me some stock 400hp NET

Ferrari was making making 300+hp from a 3.0 in the early 60s surely America could make 400 with a 7.0

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fairlane_Thunderbolt

Subtract 5hp from that and you got your net power. Do the math on drag times back in the day and the rated power checks out. Ignore the smog emission gimped grocery getter engines.

I spent money to win and winning is all I do with my Mopar muscle.

no way they actually made 400 net hp

even dynos of modded ones with cams and headers only make mid 400s at the most

so even if they do its just barely and thats with a damn racing engine

more like multiple gross hp by .75 and you get close to the real power

>show me an example
>hurr that one doesn't count

kys

A 7l engine doesn't give a fuck if it's got power accessories on it, They're not going to make a difference, were not talking 50hp diesels here.

youtube.com/watch?v=7xsdCHiJKgQ

Here's a stock motor making that power.

gross hp means shit

using the same standards something like a Camry would be rated at around 370hp

we get it you dont know shit just stop getting involved with conversations kid

thats not stock either

they make less than 400 stock but close to it

A gimp 427 ford would still make 400hp
Why do you even browse Veeky Forums if you know nothing about cars

cool evidence

I bet it barely makes 400 if it even can do it

Stock 427 out of a passenger car, not even the hiriser variant that came with the thunderbolts
>youtube.com/watch?v=SKb97o7EWjg
With typical driveline loss youre looking at 400 net with this engine in a manual 60s passenger car

Also good luck finding dyno footage of 60s cars

Is the Demon going to be the Challenger version of the Mustang Cobra Jet in that it's built for drag strips and isn't road legal?

there is no driveline loss in net hp

that engine still isnt stock either

Do you really think youre going to get 71 hp from headers on a stock engine

>not knowing how shit stock manifolds are
>not knowing how restrictive stock exhaust is

and I thought I was the one who didnt know what I was talking about you guys are really clueless

Gains from complete stock exhaust vs full race tube headers are 40-45 above 6000 rpm on a performance engine

>t. I just installed a fart can on my Civic.

what if the engine doesnt even reach 6000

>not knowing a stock 427 from the 60s will be rolling over around 6k from cam timing and weak springs
>further diminishing returns

Depends on the how built the top end is and if youre removing the bottleneck of the engine. Different engines produce different results

Which btw on old ford heads the exhaust runner was the bottleneck on performance so flow was already being destroyed before it was being dumped into the manifolds

>454
>not the 572 which they still make

but you just said 40-60 above 6000

there is over 50hp gain before it even reaches 4000

umm no

those 427 heads outflow Vortec heads which can make good power on small engines

You need to go. Holy fuck this is some of the dumbest shit ever spewed.
You literally have no fucking clue how horsepower is measured, whether it's bhp or whp, and that's about the first fucking thing pre-teens that start to get interested in cars learn.