/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Friendly Banter Edition

Elder Thread >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/12/22/thats-a-wrap-on-2016
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Begginer Guide]
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/tracker
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/312717/balance-direction-in-update-13/p1
youtube.com/watch?v=hb5QaCfm7bg
deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/#Melee
youtube.com/watch?v=nGOP-tTY_y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how bad did stam sorcs get nerfed this patch

>tfw to intelligent too like stam races

>Hurricane (Lightning Form morph): This morph now deals 10% more damage each tick, down from 15% more damage each tick. The final tick deals 150% more damage as a result, down from 225%.
It's a nerf but not devastating since hurricane was really strong to begin with and still have the benefits of proccing implosion and being wide enough to hunt down nightblades trying to run away.

How is a Stamina Redguard Nightblade vs Orc Stamina Nightblade?

Which would you choose /tesog/?

Should we add the dev tracker to the OP in case people want to see what the devs are shitposting?
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/tracker

In case people wonder about the philosophy behind the 2.7 balance patches.
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/312717/balance-direction-in-update-13/p1

thats ok then

Orc due to extra speed.

iirc, he had a breakdown and enough of his shit when we climbed that mountain in Orsinium.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's an ancestor for Tiber Septim because there's absolutely nothing that man can't do when he put his mind to it. Too bad he put his mind to being a man servant.

>So because i'm an older gamer and slower... I shouldn't be playing games? That's a pretty narrow view don't you think?

Rich Lambert in response to someone saying people should just git gud. Welp

Run speed?

the speed at which you run is faster than other races

Is that really worth it?

youtube.com/watch?v=hb5QaCfm7bg

do you not wish to go fast?

No but it's more fun.

So Redguard is superior?

Yes but not my much.

At least spell Beginner's Guide correctly...

thanks for updating

does anyone have molten armaments at max rank

what does it change from rank 1?

Hey I'm the guy from the last thread who was asking a bunch of questions anyway now that it's FINALLY done downloading I have one final question.

>Why are all the races fo Tamriel fighting again? Besides trying to be like WoW with an extra faction?

Because the Emperor got ded and the Empire has fallen apart completely. This has created a power vacuum - and everyone is scrambling to fill it.

As good a reason as any I guess.
But he didn't have an heir? Or at least a regent lord?

Nope. Varen assumed the throne briefly but it didn't work out.

>Daggerfall Covenant want to establish a Tamriel Covenant in the same vein as Tiper Septim because the economy is going down the shitter with the Empire being down the shitter
>Aldmeri Dominion don't want that because they view non-elves as lesser races
>The Pact don't really want to be allied but are forced into working together or get their shit kicked in by the other two alliances

That's the gist of it.

The Akaviri Potentate took over after that, but the Morag Tong murdered the shit out of them.

After that there wasn't anyone with a particularly good claim to the throne.

Well, it could have worked out and he could have done well, but he got crazy ideas in his head about begging Akatosh to get Dragonborn powers so he can be a real Emperor.

And people still choose someone else to sacrifice over Varen at the end of the main quest.

It should be noted that their joint defense during the recent Akaviri invasion laid the groundwork for the somewhat cohesive respect they had for each other at this period. Thus lending some credibility to the idea of a Pact existing at all.
Classic Icarus

meant this for this

Anyone need free werebite on EU?

>Played an Imperial stam NB for 6 months
>Trying different builds when I get bored with one
>Spend a fortune on buying armor set pieces and grinding them myself
>Still a struggle to solo anything, have to have perfect dodge timing because most things can just oneshot me
>Start a second character for shits and giggles, a khajiit mag sorc built around stormcalling and lightning staff for ultimate lightning time
>Even stick him in heavy armor because I like khajiit in heavy armor, not even a proper set, just random pieces
>Can stand in the middle of a crowd and just faceroll to kill everything instantly
This shit's just not fair.

?

some one else collected the debt

>khajiit mag sorc

kek

Quality post

>khajiit mag sorc
>mag build with stam race
>in heavy armor
>doing better than a stam race with a stam build

Have you considered that you might just be bad at stamblade?

at least it's oc

wait what

>tfw the only skyshards left in Cyrodiil are the ones behind enemy gates near their scrolls

just sneak?

Just ask nicely

I can smuggle you into the EP one... For a price.

the gate has to be open first by taking the closest keep

i will try

tree fiddy?

Any links to a good Redguard Nightblade build for leveling/PVE DPS?

Your picture is from wrong game.

deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/#Melee

There's a quest in DC where you get to decide Stibbons' true identity. His backstory is completely different depending on how you complete the quest.

He also gets several daedra who end up wanting to fuck him badly
What is up with Stibbons

>hirelings actually send you a little letter
>one has diamond already, just took the feat
Cool

uhhh

He's obviously an avatar of Zenithar.

>dark brotherhood missions halfway through stop being about sneaking, can't even murder anyone

Well that was lame

Assuming that the alliances dissolve. Where outside of Black Marshes would be the safest place to live as an Argonian?

At least this was kinda cool.

Oh it wasn't bad, I just wish I could have stabbed people by being sneaky. Gotta say overall I liked TG better. The characters were more fun too, save for Elam and the werewolf girl.

Guiz

If I drop the bux for 1 month's subscription, do I get to keep the DLC after I cancel subscription?

Cause fuck subscribing but it feels like half the fucking worldmap is DLC and I wanna be an assassin.

no you don't get to keep

you get an allowance of 1.5k crowns per month of sub so just save up your good boy crowns and buy the dlc you want to keep. You could prob complete the dlc in the sub time and buy the ones you didn't finish yet. The only thing you lose out on when you dont have the dlc anymore is the chance to get the zone drops. everything else you get to keep if you complete it like skyshards and cheevos. Hard buying dlc seems dumb desu.

Good to see that you can make things that extensive. Means I can make a good looking railroad.

Rate my mage.

Gandalf the Buff/10

Quick question regarding the upcoming housing update:

If I want to farm gold with a friend to save up for a manor will we be able to own the manor together?
Or will she only be able to visit the manor while it belongs exclusively to me? And if so, does it change anything if we get the rings of Mara?

pretty sure only one person is owner but you both can go in at any time and decorate if permission is set up

One of you will be the owner. However, you can grant other people permission to enter it and move around objects (they can't place or put any object in their inventory) at any time.

Quick question regarding the upcoming housing update:

Can i throw my cash at the screen and my house appears?

Nice, similar style to my sorc.

Battlemage armour + wizard hat boys where we at

As far as I'm concerned there are houses exclusive to the crown store, yes.

What's the name of the goat, though?

I was reading through the patch history out of interest. Was this game really bland when it came out? A lot of the small things I really like apparently didn't exist.

Yes, it was. That's probably the major reason why so many people stopped playing early after the release. When I mentioned to people IRL that I play ESO they are a bit surprised as they have that bad image of the game from release.

goatse

Sanguine's goat. Think it's removed from the store.

I meant to ask what he personally named his goat. :)

Is Critical Surge recommended over Power Surge?

Nice.

Should've thought of this earlier. Ty user, will rename to this asap

Crit surge if stam sorc, power surge if mag sorc

I'm thinking of getting this game.

How is the PvP? Is there arena gameplay?

I've never been a hardcore PvE player (raiding) but is there still plenty of content for a "casual"?

>How is the PvP?
Constantly jumps from being amazing to the worst shit you've ever endured. I'd say it's an acquired taste.
Is there arena gameplay?
No
>I've never been a hardcore PvE player (raiding) but is there still plenty of content for a "casual"?
Casual in the sense that there's a lot of end-game content for someone who can't be bothered joining a competetive pve guild, yes.

I felt some legitimate emotions when you reunited the old dark elf lady with her long lost love.

Why haven't we seen anything from this guy?

generic/memed

>Constantly jumps from being amazing to the worst shit you've ever endured.
Because of balance changes?

>Casual in the sense that there's a lot of end-game content for someone who can't be bothered joining a competetive pve guild, yes.
Cool, thanks bud.

>they can't place or put any object in their inventory
I hope ZOS changes this

Stop being hipster. Bearded mages are the best.

>bdsm goblins

arena is confirmed to be coming tho

You need beard, my friend.

I wonder the same thing, after all different wars and plagues are ravaning tamriel.

If you completed the quest in EP with the crystal that turns you into a goblin you should be able to give it to him.

It's partly balance but also due to how the PvP is built, being open world with siege warfare.

You and a ragtag team of literally who can defend a keep from 40 players shitting lighting and arrows for several hours on one hand, until you die from 5 shots hitting you at the same time.

You can find a random person and have the duel of your life until shit hits the fan.

youtube.com/watch?v=nGOP-tTY_y8

do akaviri motifs sell often and is a good market to pursue? i have a bunch of AP that I just use on siege and repairs

It's the hat. Everyone is wearing it. It's a wizard meme.

whoever created this image must have used the blandest dyes possible to corner the akaviri motif market

i thought that's the generic dye it originally is when it's first made ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Truflame or Azura's Star?

I am max CP playing solo.

Newfag here, a bit confused, I want to play a two handed warrior type.

I'm guessing I should pick dragonknight.
Where do I put my points/how to build?