What do you guys think about the hun-die Veloster?

What do you guys think about the hun-die Veloster?

I'm getting a non turbo 2013 because insurance and not racing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rtoy8D9Y9PY
youtube.com/watch?v=0fvOg13V5mI
youtube.com/watch?v=e5yjsEevoOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UMHSO-X2Y9k
toyota.com/corollaim/
toyota.com/yarisia/
toyota.com/86/
worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/Corporate/InvestorRelations/IRActivities/SalesPerformance/SalesbyModel/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's literally a Hyundai Accent with a body kit. WOuld you buy a normal Accent?
No?
Then Why the fuck are you buying one? It's a shit car and every single one of its competitors is a better car. The Honda Civic coupe, the Scion tC, the Volkswagen Beetle. All better. All more reliable. All better built.

There's only one fag here who likes them because he has a fetish for Korean people.

fucking don't
there's a million other compact eco-boxes out there better than a veloster

stop

god damn are you guys serious, am I really making a bad decision?

I like the hatchback because my sub will sound great. I can't find a 2 door hatch that's isn't a golf for anywhere near 12k that's not old as shit.

then go with a golf
don't listen to the >vag memes

Wheel hop bad quality everything terrible rev hang no aftermarket shit infotainment the list goes on at least get the turbo so the rest of what I just said is worth putting up with
At least petrol vag is ok still and actually has a aftermarket should op ever go down that road

Buy the Golf then, fuckface.

He wants to be a special Veeky Forums flake

>I can't find a 2 door hatch that's isn't a golf
Scion tC. I know they look like coupes but trust me. They're hatchbacks. Go for a 2011+ model. They're the only good tC's.

Another option is 2012+ Volkswagen Beetles. They're 2 door hatchbacks as well.

Then he must buy a fucking MX-5/Miata like the rest of them

I want a golf but everyone around me is fucking tuned to hell or overpriced

I'd settle for a Civic coupe but there's only two in 250miles. One is salvaged and the other is automatic.

>Another option is 2012+ Volkswagen Beetles. They're 2 door hatchbacks as well.

I don't know enough to understand most of this post, I'll go ahead and google these issues

we gave you other options. Go look them up fag.
The Scions come fully loaded period. full glass sunroof, cruise control, 8 speaker stereo. All standard equipment. The only options are color and transmission (6 speed manual or 6 speed automatic). The engine is from a Camry so you know it's reliable, and the basic chassis (minus rear suspension) is shared with the Toyota Corolla.

The Beetle is fun. It's also based on the Golf. Depending on year, your engine options are either a 170 HP 2.5L I5, a 170 HP 1.8L Turbo I4, or a 210 HP 2.0L Turbo.

the veloster is basically the old civic hatch revived
>not too fast
>manual option is plentiful in dealers
>light, decent milage
>has hot hatch version
it's a fun little car if you can accept driving KDM

beetle it is then,just fold down the rear seats,they're also cheaper than golfs
it would be really xd if you can barely fit inside of it and install a clown car horn

It's cool in design but usually overpriced and it has mediocre fuel economy

The Beetle is actually very big inside. There are reports of 6'5" people putting the seat all the way back and being unable to reach the pedals. It's a great and roomy car. Enjoy it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rtoy8D9Y9PY

I drove a Zipcar Veloster a few times when I was in between cars. That thing is fucking anemic. It handles somewhat well, but holy fuck it had absolutely zero power. I bet the tarbo is fun though.

I'm probably gonna get a TC, thanks to everyone for talking me out of the Veloster.

Was about to be a 13grand mistake

Good choice OP

youtube.com/watch?v=0fvOg13V5mI

Please don't make this mistake. The veloster will make you happy. A fucking tc will not. Don't make this mistake

fuck off Hyundai shill.

lol

What about you test drive both and make your own decision instead of letting a bunch of random people on the internet tell you what to do with your money?

>first gen
fuck off

That tC better be a 2011+ model. Only the second gens are worth getting. The first gen 2005-2010 models are terrible.
youtube.com/watch?v=e5yjsEevoOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UMHSO-X2Y9k

here you go. Fite me bitch.

Velosters make no one happy. Not the people on the road who have to look at them, not the people who work on them and definitely not the people who drive them.

>What do you guys think about the hun-die Veloster?

Its like a hatchback, but without the practicality of a hatchback. Also make by gooks so reliability is gonna be meme tier.

> non turbo

Slow as shit, the 1.6LT is already slow.

this

The NA Veloster is slower and uglier, and it's not easy to be slower and uglier than the Scion TC. Not to mention Hyundai is not as well built by half. Honestly, Hyundai's cars are as shit as they ever were, I don't care what so-called car journos claim.

My friend destroyed his Tiburon and he replaced it with this. I didn't think it was funny until I watched 2 people crawl out of the back through one tiny door.

I love mine.

Clementine has given me 30k miles of smiles (and two speeding tickets) in 2016, and will do the same in 2017.

I would not be happy in a Scion tC. Thing looks dreadfully boring. I would not be happy in a VW Beetle. I don't have money for that kind of maintenance.

I had two problems with Clementine last year. Front-right wheel bearing shit itself, and the trunk latch shit itself too. Both covered under warranty of course.

I love mine though. I came from a 94 Ford Explorer however, so wtf do I know. Test drive it OP.

>Thing looks dreadfully boring
Looks are deceiving. They're pretty damned fun to drive, and the TRD suspension bits make it so much more responsive.

It's the best 4 door hatchback on the market right now, do it.

There's nothing that competes with it

It has the side profile of a tennis shoe from the 1980s.

Plus, it lost. Scion is ded, and meanwhile Hyundai is putting the finishing touches on the 2nd generation 2019 Veloster this year.

Dont forget that the new Veloster is throwing the engine in the rear

just because Hyundai is still around means nothing. Lada is still around. Nissan is still around. Renault is still around.
And Scion was absorbed back into their parent company. Scion was an experiment anyways, same as Saturn was. The difference is when the Scion experiment ended, they killed the brand. The Saturn experiment ended in 1996.

You don't kill experiments that are getting good results.

Scion is dead because their cars were objectively shit by every possible metric.

>he has a Hyundai Veloster named "Clementine"

Fuckin lol, dude.

Scion is "dead" because it was an experiment in catering to the youth market, which is a non-existent market. The cars themselves are just base model Toyotas with different fairings on the outside. They're decent and reliable cars, it's just that the YOUTH gimmick is stupid.

just buy a civic jesus or better yet get a used v6 camry and you can smoke half the cars on the road

>buyers remorse: the post
If it's just the youth gimmick that's stupid the Veloster wouldn't be selling either, it appeals to the same market the Scion was trying to appeal to.

The cars didn't sell because they were bad cars and couldn't compete with Hyundai/Kia.

The Veloster sells on its looks to people without taste or intelligence. You know. 90% of the population.
Scion was aimed at ricers who couldn't afford them.
Scions were good cars (excluding the first gen tC and second gen xB) aimed at a market too poor to afford them.

3 Scion models have been merged with Toyota's main line up. Look it up.
The Scion iM, a 5 door hatchback variant of the tC with a smaller engine, is now sold as the Toyota Corolla iM. Transmission options are either the tC's 6 speed manual, or the Corolla's CVT automatic.
toyota.com/corollaim/
The Scion iA, a 4 door sedan built by Mazda for Toyota is now sold as the Toyota Yaris iA. Essentially a rebadged Mazda 2 sedan. Engine is a Mazda 1.5L. Transmissions are a 6 speed manual or a conventional 6 speed automatic. These are notedly fun to drive.
toyota.com/yarisia/
The FR-S Sports car needs no introduction. It's continued as the new Toyota 86.
toyota.com/86/

The tC was killed off for a few reasons instead of continuing on as the Celica tC.
1: The small coupe market isn't a very popular or lucrative one. It doesn't make financial sense to continue it. That's why the Corolla iM exists. Same thing as the tC, but with the Corolla engine and a more practical 5 door hatchback body style. There's a reason FCA, Ford, and GM don't offer a small coupe.
2: The tC was near the end of its life cycle anyways and would require a new third generation to be viable. Why bother when the Corolla iM exists.

I've never bought a Scion. I drive a Lexus. And the Veloster *doesn't* sell well. It's currently doing worse in its inception than the Scion TC originally did. It's a worse car than all of its competition, especially when you start talking about Fiesta STs.

Stop doing free advertisement for some rich Korean dude by arguing about how your Hyundai Accent with a body kit is somehow a good car. It's a commuter car with a "EXCITING" and "SPORTY" fairing designed to appeal to retards who hang out in community college parking lots in beanies.

Most Veloster sales are people showing up to Hyundai dealerships ready to buy an Accent or Elantra but come to the quick realization that they're 20, not 40. Some also came from prospective tC buyers, before they came to the quick realization that it's boring drivel.

It was never meant to be a blockbuster sales leader, or else Hyundai wouldn't have based it on the Accent in the first place. In this segment, quirkiness wins out. While Toyota diehards see massive appeal in rebadging the Corolla with an equally derivative design and adding a manual, others want more than that.

Regardless, Hyundai has plans to improve the Veloster. Independent rear suspension, better handling, more power, new manual and dual-clutch transmissions, and possibly the engine moved to the middle (time will tell). It will certainly be more of an upgrade than the now completely irrelevant tC ever received.

>Ford Fiesta

Sure, if you want a transmission made of tupperware.

>the now completely irrelevant tC ever received.
>now

It was always completely irrelevant.

>butt-hurt Hyundai owners with no proof of anything they say

I have one without a turbo. its a great and Practical. only thing bad things are is that it has a stiff suspention, uncomfortable rear seats (the sun burns your neck but tint solves it), and a little slow on throttle response. trust me its worth it

worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/Corporate/InvestorRelations/IRActivities/SalesPerformance/SalesbyModel/index.html

nope

what you need is a seat ibiza pham

not available in America. Seat and Skoda aren't sold in America

>come into thread about gook car
>see everyone is shitting on it

today is a good day