Do people actually spend this much money on rims...

Do people actually spend this much money on rims? Every set I've bought was under 500 for all four of them and they have never broken. I'm not picky, if their black and lighter then OEM I'll buy them.
Like why wouldn't this guy spend the rest on bettering his cars handling or performance? It baffles me.

I did lol

He has disposable income and is more concerned with how it looks than how it drives. since you can tell that car has stupid amount of camber

>Do people actually spend this much money on rims

People spend way more than that on wheels. Even ignoring niggers with their TWUNNY FOS, there are expensive status wheels (Works, SSR, etc for JDM fags) and expensive track wheels (Volks etc can be over $2k).

>Like why wouldn't this guy spend the rest on bettering his cars handling or performance? It baffles me.

Because he has other concerns than just "how can I increase performance the most per dollar?", obviously. If your shitbox isn't 100% stripped with a lightweight battery in the back and 1 seat, then you're as guilty as he is (because complete stripping is $0 and does lots for performance and handling). Why haven't you stripped your DD yet? Because of concerns about comfort, aesthetics, or something else? Then you understand what this guy's up to.

Also he drives a bagged VW Golf so obviously he doesn't give a fuck about performance. He likes aesthetics. There is literally nothing wrong with that btw, although he's probably a faggot stancefag.

*they're

I don't understand it either. It's honestly quite crazy. If you want to spend $5000 on wheels for a car that's worth $50k, then fine! $2000 for a $20k car? Fine!

You shouldn't be spending over 50% of the value of your car on wheels. Any if you are, you're wasting your money unless you really have an emotional attachment to the car.

I'm pretty noob but I want small racing steelies with fat tires where do I start? Cragar?

What does WCI mean?

The only wheels I ever looked up were TE37's because I don't really give two shits about wheels but man those look nice and simple.

$500 per. God damn. Probably worth though.

I think it means WaterCooledIndustries wheels. The CEO messaged some black guy on instagram to stop messaging his girl and it went all out of control.

welcome to what its like to have money

you also have poor taste

>car company founded by hitler
>won't buy wheels from a ""racist""

Yes

Yes they do; especially back in the day, even more today. Believe it or not, car culture extends way past little hick towns in suburbia and into far away places like Japan and Europe where people also like cars! A crazy idea I know!

>why do they spend thousands on wheels user?
These wheels are manufactured to such a high degree of durability and standards that they pass or exceed safety standards in the professional racing world. The cost of manufacturing wheels like this can go into the thousands, EVEN FOR ONE WHEEL.

>but why do they buy it for their car when the car's not even worth much?
For example, in Japan, auto enthusiasts are in-love with their racing heritage and the professional racing scene. It is part of their technological industry advancement particularly in the 80's-90's era. Fans of series would buy the same parts the pros do and put it on their project cars. The same goes for Italians and Europeans.

>but why?
For cool points and because those wheels are generally better looking and better quality than the original wheels the car came with. Plus it's their choice and part of the car modifying culture in general.

It's hard to understand if you're looking at it at an objective and logical standpoint. You gotta understand it through the eyes of enthusiasts world wide. Be open to this and don't be ignorant.

You don't want to run race steelies. They're low quality and cheap because they're designed to get wrecked. They rarely balance well and are generally shit.

Don't listen to that asshole. Racing steel wheels are cool and oldschool.

The only downside about them is that they are generally heavy. They also need to be balanced on a machine with a lug-centric adapter, they will not balance by the hub. Most steel wheel companies also take custom orders too so they can finish the wheel in a color you want or with custom sizing and offset/backspace.

Some good ones are Bassett Racing, Diamond Racing, Aero Wheels, U.S. Wheel, etc.

lol, this topic is such irony on Veeky Forums isn't it, a car is a means for transport. Everything else about it is pointless and a pure form of status symbol.

i am not fun at parties.

>trying to better your performance on $500 chink cast wheels
lmao,

>buying Rotas, ever

Diamond racing is more of stance faggotry nowadays

Yes, its something bizarre about the VW scene. Rare European wheels are huge.

This faggot spent $12,000 USD on these terrible wheels. Twelve thousand American dollars.

Met him at a show and he is a walking stereotype of Instagram wanna be fame douche.

I just think it's hilarious that VWfags blow all this cash on certified mom-mobiles. I wonder how they feel pulling up to a stoplight to another Passat ready to ask them what stupid wheels they're gonna put on only to find out that they're 45 y/o and named Helen.

I spent close to 5k for BBS LMs and pilot cups

Well, that's the point. You're not driving a dirt-track or NASCAR racecar on the street. It's for style. You're not going to be improving your track performance with heavy steel wheels.

But for classic builds and Japan-style it's pretty cool. It's just a shame faggots put them on their Civics and Jettas and think they're being JDM af.

VW's are my scene but not my scene. I spent 3K on some modern lightweight wheels for my GTI and have about 4K in a BBK and another 4K in decent suspension behind them.

I get ignored at shows and the scene kids go ape shit over this kinda of stuff. Roll up in a slammed and badly plastidipped jetta with some exhaust pipe extensions sticking 4' out of the bumper and you are king shit at VW shows.

You realize that wheels can be sold separate of the car later on, right? What's with the arbitrary car/wheel value ratios?

Resale on top quality and rare wheels is pretty good, but curbing them kills value.

Those are pretty nice!

Most of these wheels are show queens not DDs

ef civic on oem steelies here
>not jdm af 13x5 rollers

Absolutely. But you're going to look like an idiot when your wheels are worth more than the car you own. That's why all the blacks in their donked lesabres are laughed at by the car community.

It's the same thing with wheels. Unless you tracking a civic or aw11 or something and you need superlight rims, it's stupid.

Why put $3000 rims on a $1000 civic to make it look better instead of just buying a better looking (and probably better performing) car for around $4000?

Plus a lot of these guys spending all their money on rims are still living at their parents! If my kid was living at home after highschool and he spent $2000 on rims for his shitbox I'd kick him into the street.

Dude chill out

>That's why all the blacks in their donked lesabres are laughed at by the car community.

Lmao, like anyone who rides donks gives a shit about what some mayoboy from "the car community" thinks about their ride that gets them laid constantly.

>trying to shit talk people who spend money on things they want
>says "rims"

LMAO YOU ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF CAR COMMUNITIES

There are virtually no performance options for my car because it is a
>2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe
so i only have aesthetic to focus on. Only gonna be spending around $650 on some 17' Niche Targa M129s which i believe is reasonable

I didn't even know they made a coupe version

>Plus a lot of these guys spending all their money on rims are still living at their parents!

i've heard that from several people haha. It wasn't very successful, only made 2012-14 i believe. It was better than the civic coupe but i don't think people were or maybe still too into getting a Hyundai

Because imitation (cheap) rims are fucking dangerous and you should take a good look at yourself for even considering spending inb4 havent broken
Just a matter of time

I almost bought expensive wheels, wanted some OZ Racing Rallye wheels because I like that classic look however they discontinued them because they're not mainstream anymore.

If I were to buy new wheels today I would try find some 16's that fit my car because I can pick up a set of 225/??/16 "raced once" used race slicks. I have plenty of road going tires.
Atm I have 2 sets of stock mx5 wheels from different gens because miatfags love changing wheels, they're not bad weight and I have some 14inch yoko semi slicks

this thread is making go full autismo

WHEELS PEOPLE, THEY ARE CALLED WHEELS

>OEM Master Race
>finds this car for cheap
>'It has OEM Rims'
>arrive at guy's house.

>NZO rims came on car

Nevermind.

maybe i like nice shit nigga fuck you

ugh, $745 per wheel.

but so fucking amazing.

Cheap rims are heavy, flexy and look tacky and niggerish as fuck.

lmao

I like steelies because you can bend one and get it back in shape after a few hammer blows. Well I did it on my cheap steelies nd it worked (not recommended for track days though).

fuck everybody else, attention is for whores

just work on ur car and better it the proper way even if it doesn't shine

what suspension have you got on?

>spending a months salary on wheels.
Fuck that shit.

Weller Wheels

oh my god what a fucking disgusting car

>bought car 20 yrs old, 8 owners
>"yeah these wheels came on the car"
>therefore OEM
kek

they are new rich poseur