Would you a Miata?

Would you a Miata?

seems like you the verb

No, I am a lard

a chebby cruze was hella comfy for me and it's a small ass car so idk

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

2gay4me

If they made a slightly larger Miata with backseat yes

Not when I can get a bimmer with 200hp for cheaper.

now all you need is to swap in the Miata drivetrain.

Nah. I would the MX-5 instead...

inb4 that dragon and his miata

I mean the design is cool and all but

>wankel engines

that's why I said swap out the rotary engine for a conventional piston engine.
The RX-8 literally shares its chassis with the NC Miata.

>RX-8 without power
Why not stick to the NC, wich is based on the same platform?

I did a miata tho

because back seat. and you can fix the RX-8.

>DAT FANG TOOTH

I'd seriously just get a modern Miata just for doing that mod.

Also, would probably slap the mandatory blushing on it, too.

I'd rather just buy a Cosmo

124 spider looks better than the new miata.

god that's ugly. I'd rather a miata.

>fix the RX-8
The only adequate fix would be a better oil system and ceramic apex seals or a 20b swap.

I liked the Miata body better, but like the different body styles Fiat is planning. Plus I preferred the power delivery of the 2.0, as well as the real world highway milage (I live about 50 miles away from work).

the ND needs to have the body roll fixed though.

joy. The rotards have arrived.

13b-rew with a renesis front cover, retains stock electronics, a/c, power steering.

aesthetic

How was it user? ;^)

i'm too fat

Fuck right off, wouldn't buy an old one in a thousand years... modern one maybe.

I would if I was smaller.
>6'2" 230
The fit is just too tight.

Where can you get those? I want to get a heartboner whenever I see my car.

>he doesn't want a ~300hp rx-8

it's just a vinyl triangle

Just bought an ND

its fucken amazing. Go test drive an ND it will convert you like it did me

>Nyaaa~

Only an NA.

you're right. I want a 400 HP RX-8.

Just put some anti roll bars, ez if you can afford a NEW ND

1. currently transitioning jobs, so I'm getting next to no hours
2. the front bar requires moving the steering rack out of the way, which my autism will never forgive if I put it back one tooth off and have do deal with an uncentered wheel

Good God man

>fucking up the balance of the RX-8
With that heavy piece of oldtimer shit it won´t corner even nearly as good and need even more fuel.

>heavy
[citation needed]
Most swaps only add about 100lbs.
>oldtimer shit
Just a reminder, the 4th gen small block (LS2 and later) was designed well after the Renesis.
>won't corner as good
The weight balance is largely unchanged
>need even more fuel
So you're saying that a V8 that came with VVT, DoD and (the last gen) direct injection will use more fuel than a rotary? Rotards really are delusional.

As a rotary owner even I want defend the RENESIS. It sucks. The RX8 chassis doesn't, however, so an LS swap is perfect for it.

*won't defend

The renesis engine is only 112kg, the LS-1 about 200 and needs a bigger cooling system, clutch, transmission and driveshaft than the renesis.
The RX-8 has a great balance stock, adding any weight at the front would make it worse.
It only sucks because of the bad oil system, if you increase the oil injection and use 2-stroke oil for it, the engine is great.

>needs a bigger cooling system, clutch, transmission and driveshaft than the renesis.
So does a 400hp Renesis - perhaps even moreso, because a rotary is less thermally efficient.

The RX8 is actually a bit front heavy from the factory, and many swaps have already proven they won't upset that weight balance.

>less thermally efficient
The thermal efficiency of the renesis isn´t bad under high load, it is only shit in partial load.
At high load it can actualy exceed conventional piston engines.
pic. related a 1967 mazda 10A engine getting 300g/kwh an beeing more efficient than conventional engines of that time.

> RX8 is actually a bit front heavy
So adding more weigt to the front makes it even worse...

Stil going to need a similarly sized cooling setup, especially for when it's under partial load.

The stock balance is reasonable despite being front heavy, and the balance isn't changed significantly with an LS swap.

If the engine is under partial load, it isn´t going to heat up more than under full load.

The engine is at the front of the car, a slightly higher weigt there fucks the balance pretty much.
Also the Renesis is extremely short and therefore closer to the c.o.g. than the LS.

The RX-8 will lose its ability to corner and get a boring pigfat.

>and many swaps have already proven they won't upset that weight balance
also including weight reduction and re-distribution...

>and the balance isn't changed significantly with an LS swap
if you take the renesis out and put an LS in, its already 110kg heavier in the front BARE MINIMUM. indisputable unless you find some magic ls1 made out of pixie dust.
see my above reply

I'm considering 1 more and more each day my rx7 gives me problems and shit. The issue is that I only want a 1994+ for the Torssen rear end but sunburst yellow was only an option in 1992 from what I've heard.

why downgrade?

Miata is lighter, my rx7 constantly needs work so I'm never able to race it to actually see where I land in it. I want a miata because of how much cheaper they would be to keep and maintain, I'm going to miss my rx7 but I just feel that I need to stop holding myself back by insisting on sticking with my rx7. I don't need the extra 50 hp the fc has when the miata weighs so much less and I'm able to actually use all the 105 horses it has.