Monogame: monogame.net/ | LÖVE: love2d.org
UE4: unrealengine.com | Unity: unity3d.com

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org | blender-models.com | mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse | incompetech.com/music | freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

twingemgames.itch.io/sledfree2
unisalesianogames.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/programming-game-ai-by-example-mat-buckland2.pdf
paperbugdev.itch.io/paper-bugs
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/110388
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/110392
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/96205
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/110393
youtube.com/watch?v=Cs5LkCHaUBo
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/84433
youtube.com/watch?v=4R5vSIZxr0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>> Engines
>GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker | Godot: godotengine.org
>Monogame: monogame.net/ | LÖVE: love2d.org
>UE4: unrealengine.com | Unity: unity3d.com
>> Models/art/textures/sprites
>opengameart.org | blender-models.com | mayang.com/textures
>> Free audio
>freesound.org/browse | incompetech.com/music | freemusicarchive.org
Not optimal but not awful

Reposting. TL;DR versions added because.

Umbrella Warriors
TL;DR: Good controls, good action, keep it up!
Man, this DD really starts good. user, I had fun. Real, genuine fun. The music is fun, the juice is fun, shooting shit is fun. I love the whole arcade style. I don't know if the sprites are intentionally this dumb looking or you can't do any better, but it didn't bothered me, moreover, it should be a sign to everyone: get your fucking pencils to work and produce fun you lazy fucks! Yeah, including me, but that's another story. When you jump and move forward, you are faster than simply walking, I guess you've made the usual mistake: you don't get your vector movement right, thus moving diagonal is faster. The story is cheesy, but in a way that it doesn't make any sense. First you talk about aliens, then suddenly go-go Umbrella warriors. Have I missed something? Are the aliens the small crocodiles? Are the Umbrella warriors from another dimension or are they man made robots? What is happening? I haven't asked this much about written text since I picked up Heidegger. Keep it up! I used a controller by the way.

Hey guys, as I said I would, I have submitted my game to the Demo Day.
Some people like direct links, so here you go.
twingemgames.itch.io/sledfree2

For people that saw my older posts, I have update the game to include some minor changes to the game based on the feedback I received. The difficulty now increases over time in Original mode and the racer's can't catch up quite as well in Race mode. There is still no gamepad support. I forgot, sorry.

If you missed my first post, then this is the post I was talking about when I said you'd have more chances to see a post from me.

If you missed the last posts and never see this post, sorry bro.

>no higher education
>no real experience with anything
>doesn't want to learn anything
>uses the easiest tools to make uninspired, mediocre-at-best shovelware shit games
t. aggydaggy manchild

First for someone needs to put all feedbackposts in a pastebin

Monolith
TL;DR: Juice - The game.
Seriously, man. Your game made me wet at places I didn't know I can get wet. The opening is juicy, the game over screen is juicy, the fucking pause screen, THE PAUSE SCREEN is also juicy! It's like, damn. I feel so sorry for your loved ones. You should call them sometimes, you know. I think they consider you dead by this point. I mean, the amount of time and effort which went to this is simply amazing and incredible, and makes me wonder what was the last occasion you saw the Sun. But, again: the setting doesn't make any sense. Something blows up, then you are this space ship entering some facility, then a sudden boss fight happens, which is not a boss fight after all, and, damn, guys, what the heck? Stephen Hawking explains quantum physics in a way even dumb fuck like me can understand, yet you fail to establish the reason why I shoot flying skulls in a post apocalyptic environment? Get your shit together. besides, it looks like the same game, so I don't know what you expect me to say what I haven't really told you last time. Oh, yes: thank you for scaling the crosshair with the window!

Bonelord
TL;DR: Good idea, not fun execution.
Well, I like concept of having an army while you have a main character to guide them. WarCraft 3 was fun, so was the necromancer from Diablo 2, but sadly, the execution here is not. Why do I have to press 1 then the mouse to execute the spell? Why don't you let me bind the spell to the mouse? So I would press 1, then as long as I don't choose another spell, let me use that. It made everything tedious. I couldn't figure out the bone mechanic. Sometimes I could pick up bones, sometimes I could not. For the love of all holy, I couldn't figure out how to summon heads. Besides, the skeletons often hug the walls. Here, read this: unisalesianogames.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/programming-game-ai-by-example-mat-buckland2.pdf

i liked this one

Amateur
Game
Dev
Graveyard

What's something besides a vase you could find in an egyptian pyramid? I need background objects!

a full year later and the snow particle effects still dont look right

Bokube
TL;DR: A bad implementation of a good idea.
I really want to like this game, but I can't, because there's just so many small annoyances. Yes, it nice looking, the sounds are fun, the puzzles are good. But. Why there's no undo? I know it's possible to have one, since I've just finished implementing mine yesterday (for real). Restarting the level because you accidentally wall hugged a box is not fun. If you don't want to implement undo, then don't allow constant movement, or make checkpoints, so I don't have to start from all over again if I have already managed to put some cubes into places. The 3D. Why? Really, I like the idea, but this is an essential part of all puzzle games: let the player know everything right from the start! The only task the player supposed to have in a puzzle game is to, you know, put the presented pieces together. If I have to rotate the camera just to see every hidden shit in a 3D space, that's not puzzle solving, that's doing mindless shit until something happens. There's a very good game hidden in this, but your focus is not on the right places.

Dig
TL;DR: It didn't start.
"The program can't start because love.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." user, I know that not everyone has the chance to test if his shit runs on multiple machines, but at least Google this stuff next time, okay?

that has been in development for a year?

yugioh cards

Pretty proud of my progress considering I'm not an animator and I'm just learning Krita. I'll tween it a little, add the arms, then remove the extras.

If someone could provide clear steps for turning this canvas into a textured sprite sheet that would be amazing.

Baskets. Urns - shaped like organs and pets alike. Jars. Pots.

Super Space Jam Jetpack Robot Turbo
TL;DR: I couldn't play it.
I've started to make a special bond with this game, but for some reason, I can play less and less with each iteration. This time I couldn't figure out how to shoot. I mean, how could this happen? I was pressing Z like my life depended on it, but it only made this clicking sound, like my ammo was out or something. I like the visual style, I hope there'll be more story later. I love the whistling gimmick. It really put a smile on my face. I love how you slowly descend if you stop pressing up. I was waiting for that from the beginning. Keep it up, user!

Tyranny 3000
TL;DR: Nice alpha game.
Um, I don't know what to say, since there's not too much to talk about. Nice alpha, I guess. It's weird to control with the mouse, but maybe it'll be different when there's other stuff in it. See you next time!

x64.exe
Yes, I will call your game like that you lazy piece of fucking garbage. Fuck you. I don't care if it has a name on the itch.io page. I won't go back and figure it out. Other than that, I really like your sprites, and you have a good idea for a game. I love RTS games where I have to control a small group instead of building a huge army. You'll really have to figure out what is the best and most intuitive way to control this. It's good, so far, but there needs to be more content and level to do it fair justice. Yes, I couldn't kill the wolf. Keep it up!

Anubis statues
candles?
wall hieroglyphics
bundles of reeds

forgot the gif, it's in the last thread as well. Krita supports ffmpeg for rendering so I just referenced the .exe and it just works.

Dino Sorcerer
Wait, what? Dino? I always thought it's a cat. But anyway. Having only one life then it's all back to the beginning is just too punishing. It's nice that I can pick up one reward at the end, but it's quite meaningless if I don't know what it does. I just blindly make choices here. I like your sprites and the fog, but the resolution bakes it seem like your game is broken. It's hard to explain. The crosshair just looks different by each inch I move it, for example. Like the engine can't figure out how to scale up your pixels. It definitely has more content since last time, so I'm happy for your progress.

SledFree2
TL;DR: Nice finished game. A good example how to practice game dev by fully executing and exploring a single idea.
I don't know if you have changed anything since its first release, so maybe I'm just projecting, but it felt harder than the last time I tried it, so thanks for that! If anyone would like to know: this is a perfect example of a comfy game. Just sliding down the hill in your cozy jacket on your sledge which you got from your grandpa, then you get back in, sit down next to the fire place to let your mother's sweet hot chocolate warm you from the inside. I like your drawing style. Be proud of yourself: you have managed to finish a game. Best of luck for you in the future! By the way: won't you finish Cony Chaos? I liked that OC.

Sconces, tables, sudans, drapery, statues, alters, those platform things that are kinda short...

A gay furry dog burying bones in his asshole.

Card Tactix
TL;DR: Good idea, feels weird, don't know why.
Like always: I like your idea and your game, yet something is weirdly off, and I don't know what it is. I guess you want to turn it into a turn based game, but it does not have that feeling, since most of the time I move where I want and cast as many spells as I want. Okay, sometimes the monster interrupts me, but don't know why. After every 2nd spell cast maybe? Or do I have some sort of mana pool? I like the idea that I'm walking around and do battles with cards, but, I don't know. Sorry for the lack of good advice. Since I always draw the same cards it makes me question why I don't have a regular spell bar. I guess it'll get more complex as the game progresses on. Maybe letting the player put together his own deck? Keep it up!

Tussle
TL;DR: I couldn't play it.
I couldn't figure out how to navigate in the menu. I literally started to press every button on the keyboard until I ended up in a game world. I could walk around and fall off. After I fell of, my character automatically started to float to the left, until I pressed something. I guess that's a bug. Well, keep it up, it would be nice to have a fighting game. Sorry for me sucking this much, but using more than arrows+enter/mouse in a menu is beyond my comprehension.

Placeholder Title
TL;DR: I couldn't play it, and it makes me ashamed of myself.
I opened the spell inventory, and couldn't figure out how to close it. I restarted the game. In any other occasions, I would just drop this, but since you have a special corner in my heart, I've given it another chance. I like that I can punch guys in the air why I'm also flying with them. It was fun until I didn't opened up that screen again.

That's it for now. I just opened the game list page at around 10 and downloaded everything, so maybe there are more entries. I'll check back later.

i was waiting for someone to say it

> I'll check back later
>>>>>> 60 more games of this

Better than nothing

Well, fuck you then.

Thanks, my dude.
Yeah. I thought about leaving them out, but they're kinda necessary. Maybe SledFree3(D) will do it better.
Nah, It's a sequel to a game I did last year. Was only in development for about 2 weeks while working 40 hour weeks.
Thanks feedback-bro. I'm glad to see the setting really resonated with you, you seem to understand exactly what I was going for.
I do want to come back to Cony Chaos. Mithril Miner too. I've added quite a bit to the design documents for both of them since I released them, but right now my main focus is God's Gift and I don't think any of the games would get the effort they deserve if I tried to do them all at once. Here's hoping that some day there's a fully developed version of Cony Chaos.

>tfw about to go to sleep
>tfw you wake up and there are 70 demos to play

>70

>Asymmetric tits
Eugh

i was going to play all demoday games but i played monolith first and its so good i dont think anyother games will come close at all so fuck them

Different strokes and all but that game is shaping up really nicely. I don't even enjoy the genre generally.

Installed and trying to learn some "go dooo"
posting fresh progress of mine

i am planing to make adventure shooter game

i hope i ll get anime girl to star a main character

pray for me

It's not that I can't come up with comfy game ideas, but I can't think them through. Some examples
>a game where you sail from island to island, with a similar feel like Zelda WW
Okay, but then what? What do you do on the islands? What do you do after you've visited all islands?
>a city building/managing game like Stronghold
So you build woodcutters, hunters, apple pickers, houses, then what happens? No idea.
>fishing game
You fish, and then what do you do with it?
>flower raising game
>Again, you plant, water, etc a flower, then what? You sell it to buy what? New seeds? I don't know.
>witch potion brewing game
>You gather ingredients, make the potion for the costumer, then what? what od you do with the money? Buy more ingredients? No clue.

jesus, help this man

Wow I fucked up the greentext for some reason.

>sloped collision
>idle animation
seems pretty good progress

Just resources + whatever you actually use in the build.

I find that graphics oddly satisfying to look at.

thanks

YOU'RE DOING IT BROSKI !!
YOU'RE THINKING CREATIVELY !!

All you have to do now is follow those ideas with more ideas, and you've already proven you can do that

> What do you do on the islands?

your original starting point was "what do you do ???" and now you've narrowed that down to "there are islands and a boat and an ocean between them." all you need now is to do the same thing you just did where you came up with a bunch of ideas, except they're all oceans and islands related

maybe the islands have fighters on em for you to punch, maybe the islands have trees on em for you to cut down and turn into bigger boats, maybe the islands have ruins on em you can climb all over

you're literally doing it
you just need to keep doing it

>What do you do on the islands?
Mechanic based puzzles with treasure rewards.
>What do you do after you've visited all islands?
Use the treasure rewards to unlock the final treasure.

City building games have all the gameplay in the city building, so that already seems like enough.

You've got the right idea for progression with the rest of them. Just allow the player to unlock more/better things as they succeed.

You have stopped asking for ideas and are now pretty much asking for someone to design a game for you so you can then mash out the work on it. The ideas are fine and lend themselves to a few (if not many more) possibilities. But try to do some of that legwork yourself now. No one, unless they are really bored, is going to design a game for you. Not even being mean, just trying to let you know why this is a useless question (mainly because you just don't like the valid answers you are getting).

ideas are just an idea. building the actual game around the idea is your job.

this looks like pilotredsun but a game

Paper Bugs demo is up
paperbugdev.itch.io/paper-bugs
Some bugs might have slipped by but I tried my best and that's what matters

I hope I can use this mechanic on some of the islands

Is it a good idea to use royalty-free music?

Damn, monolith, I'm impressed. Everything's so polished. I think you're gonna make it.

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/110388

I suppose I should add linux and osx builds too, but I'm not sure at all if the gamepad stuff will work.

Also, you all have gamepads, right?

not if hans zimmer offers to work with you

Also, if I made a remix of a royalty-free piece, is it fine?

I opted to not use music at all when I listened to 'royalty-free' music

yes it is lmao, put any of your shaders through an offline shader compiler and it'll use surprisingly few instruction slots, generally only very expensive post-processing shaders should use that many instructions

Somehow I find this artstyle incredibly appealing

this, don't waste your time trying to find decent royalty-free music and rationalizing using them like "eh, this one doesn't sound THAT bad... never mind who am i kidding"

God, how do you want me to dev when you keep posting stuff like this?

I figured my game needs more fluids. So now characters can puke as well.

This happens if they are under a lot of stress/panic, or if you throw shit at them (literally).

If another character sees this, they panic. So the mom panicked and then she got puke on herself, which made her puke too. Then the kid accidentally fell on the knife head first and beheaded himself.

Fun thing is, that "fluid" is physics based and you can make rocket propelled heads almost.

Whoops, posted the bug video. This is the right one.

arghh, can't find a good gameplay music for my demo

Love your stuff man.

"ghost trick except you're a fuckin' asshole: the game"

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/110392

Whew ok well here it is. The camera jumps suddenly sometimes and I didn't have time to fix it. Also alot of sounds are missing and the music/sounds that are in there don't perfectly fit. But I was rushing. Now to get my 4 hours of sleep and go to work. Hope you enjoy it!

This is a really good picture

Fucking amazing. Never knew I needed something like this in my life.

fucking kek

Why even attempt to create a game when you can just do a low effort walking sim like firewatch or tv show like telltaleshit and get all the money?

> why even attempt to create a game when you can just create a game

dont make it a fucking boring fishing game, make you punch the swordfish to death

This is the best thing ever.

That's not comfy though.

Are you attempting to say making that sort of game is easier than making a game with gameplay?
Good fucking luck making all the assets needed for that, not to mention making a story that is decent enough that people want to see what happens.

>when you find relation constraint in motionbuilder
the only thing I dont know yet is how to create a new vector

fish for waifus, then.

You have to keep fishing and getting a bigger and juicier waifu

opinions on the Gamedev Humble Bundle AGDG?
It's so cheap I took it anyway so I can have something to do during the holidays, but I'm curious to know if others have used the software on offer.
>Spriter Pro with a few packs of sprites
>ClickTeam Fusion
>Marmoset Hexels
>Some others I forget the names of

>tfw haven't touched dev for almost a week
i just don't feel the drive... i'm not even burned out.. just tired..

Like this?

I did a demo day: itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/96205

Definitely no gameplay changes since the last demo day, just the new lighting systems. Quite disappointed really, I didn't finish nearly as much as I wanted

I don't know if Spriter or Spline is better.
ClickTeam Fusion is garbage.
Hexels is neat, but is anyone going to make a game with that art style?
The rest is extra ClickTeam garbage, plus some more Spriter stuff.
Pyxel Edit is good.
Voxatron and Pico-8 are both cute, but not really for making a full game. They're more for little hobby things.

Overall I'd say the pack is okay but not really all that useful.

if you are using libgdx spline >> spriter. spline is from the same guys. however it costs a small fortune.

Oh shit demo day is today? I forgot

Tickle the swordfish to death? With cooking mama graphics?

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/110393
my puzzle platformer shader adventure is up. We didn't get a chance to make a tutorial, and there is only one level right now. All the mechanics are in though!

I think I'll post a second build near the end of demo day. Feedback welcome!

I have a problem in Unity... I imported a model and try to give this model a path, however, in the position and rotation of the object is completely different than my unimported models in Unity somehow.

My Player object for example is at Position/Rotation 0/0, but the imported model is at a totally different place, although it has the same coordinates actually.

get out there and dev, tonight is ham night! na just have a rest.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cs5LkCHaUBo

How is fishing comfy? The hook frequently gets stuck in the fish's gills and you have to tear it out while the fish squirms and bleeds

>TL;DR: I couldn't play it.
sorry user i did a bad job hinting at it, but if you go down on the second screen instead of charging the enemy you can find a working gun. maybe ill modify the dialog in the beginning for now

i'm really glad about the parts you liked though

>how is fishing comfy
t. numale with no dad

NVM, just noticed the model had a parent with different coordinates which apparently influenced its own.

Runs surprisingly well for a Java game, amigo. I like the lights.
Is it me or did you tone down the enemies a little bit, shooting-wise? I remember the game being harder.

>projecting

I'm finding it really hard to make AI for my game with simultaneous turns. I've realised that I'll probably need to cheat a bit and let enemies know where the player is about to move to, but I can't really figure out exactly what sort of patterns they should be following to be fun and varied. So far the enemy that moves to where the character is at the start of the turn with some variation of over/undershooting it and the one that fires a projectile somewhere between where the player is and will be seem the most successful. The totally random one is really annoying and is not suitable for an actual enemy, or a common one at least.

>t. butthurt fish mad as fuck that he's about to become my dinner

It's a neat idea, by the way. I tried to talk to the computer in case it gives me an upgrade like most computers do in Metroid games. I didn't think I could go down there, since there's a line on the ground, and my senses told me that it's a ground.

I also liked that opening sequence with the black and withe room, even if I don't see its purpose yet.

I usually like your games, so, keep it up!

Even though it is currently local multi-player only, please give it a try.

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/84433

>he thinks fishing is about catching fish
kek, now we know who has never been fishing.

shiiiet i missed the deadline, how long ago the submissions opened?

youtube.com/watch?v=4R5vSIZxr0M
is watching shit like this gonna help me write a simple 2d game from scratch or should i just give up trying to actually learn programming and just use an engine?