Convince me not to buy a e92 335i

Convince me not to buy a e92 335i

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGE6roEThig
autotrader.ca/a/BMW/3 Series/St. Catharines/Ontario/5_28577828_ON20080114122939242/?ursrc=pl&urp=3&urm=8&showcpo=ShowCPO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Plastic waterpump

And you would want one made out of metal that weighs 50% more and reduces your total horsepower out put by .5 whp?

I would not know, I have never engineerd a water pump.

It's like saying ceramic trurbo's are better than steel turbo's

Honestly, you probably should. The cars can make really really good power with very little modifications, and with them being as cheap as they are they will soon start being bought up even more and ran into the dirt as time passes like all cheap turbo cars. There are still plenty of super clean cheap ones around, do it.

>buying German

WHY though?

also youtube.com/watch?v=mGE6roEThig

OP here:

I'm looking at a 2010, m-sport, premium package, clean title, 1 owner, 85k miles, no accidents the asking price is around $14,000. My budget for a car is around 20k but it would be nice to have some room for additional expenses and potential upgrades.

The only other cars in that range that I considered are the fiesta st, and frs/brz.

dont buy it

Do it faggot

seriously just do it. Seems like you can afford it, and its a great looking/luxurious car.

Let OP do it.
He's a Sociopath that loves shooting anyways

Get a Chevy SS instead.

oh nevermind.

I don't believe you're actually cross shopping those cars.

Your budget needs to expand like CRAZY to keep that 335 in operating shape. It's coming up on its most important make-or-break service. Definitely get the 335 inspected before buying it. Or, if the dealer has a 3 day money back return policy or something, buy it, get it inspected, then return if any issues.

If it's 14k, chances are it's on legs that will soon fold under it.

why not?
So far it's looking good. Haven't really been swayed the other direction.
There aren't too many newer cars in the 14-17k range that are enjoyable daily drivers, so my options are kind of limited.
I have access to a dealers wholesale auction through a family friend. The cars there typically sell below retail, attached is an example car. The auction doesn't provide any sort of return policy. Sales are generally final.
>pic related

>hpfp
>no dipstick
>lesupremegentleman

Hahaha 14k for wholesale auction?

That's just dumb, the car shouldn't be in wholesale in the first place unless there's something horrendously wrong.

Here's an easy rule of thumb: if it's under 10 years of age and under 100k miles, isn't an electric, then something's wrong regardless of price point. ESPECIALLY on a Beamer that's at the "golden-age" in mileage for service/repairs.

Don't. That's 3-6k below normal. It's been crashed and/or totaled and title washed. Run away.

Practicality is not worth it

Get an E89 35is

This particular auction does a preliminary inspection of every vehicle pre-sale. The inspectors example panels for any sort of accident/scratches/etc. These imperfections are all noted and taken into account then given a CR rating(not just body stuff, interior, and any c.e lights/warnings are also noted).

A CR of 5 being perfect, 4 being clean, 3 being average, 2 being shit, 1 being super shit.

I also run the carfax/autocheck just for shits. So there is a chance that there still may be issues but it's slim. Also titles are always clean, branded/salvaged cars are very very rarely in these auctions and if they ever do show up that too is clearly noted.

I used to work at a used car dealer and we would buy junk from Manheim all the time. Shit cars are found at car auctions 99% of the time, it is like playing scratcher tickets.

Every single car we got from an auction needed a heavy tune up or repairs, even then you could tell that the car has been fucking beat to shit.

It's still not worth it. If it's super clean it'll probably go for more than you're wanting to pay because it's an auction. Buy a mint one from a dealer or private seller. If you can't afford that, get something else and stop being a boyracer.

We haven't had similar experiences, I've never been burned on a car from Manheim.

If the example car I listed above goes for more than 12 it is still a better deal than retail. Unless it grossly oversells (which is highly unlikely). Hell even at 14k it's still a solid deal.

Kek

You've completely made up your mind already and want to waste money on something you want, so nothing anyone says will change your mind.

I'm still going to try though, since I have 4 years appraisal/buyer experience and I hope I can help a fellow out.

There is something wrong with the car mechanically, bottom line. That's the only reason it would go to auction in the shape its in. On a daily basis I see cars that look immaculate, aren't throwing codes, have a clean title with no apron or frame damage that still fail out to auction. We put them down to tech and suddenly the rabbit hole goes too deep. There are tons of things that can go wrong with a car that won't throw a code.

But you're a fool with your money, I think you know how the rest of that saying goes.

There's previous repairs on it, meaning it's been in an accident that was NOT reported to insurance or police. The people who do that are the people that don't have money to do things correctly. Now ask yourself, if the previous owner didn't have money to repair the car, do you think they had the money to maintain a BMW?

I appreciate the honesty and bluntness.

This isn't the car I have in mind, it is just an example.

Made in Mexico

Also, in regards to the exact car that I have my eye on; I did a little research and it seems like it is coming out of a dealership that is liquidating everything. They seem to be out of business, they had decent reviews on the net too. I don't know how relevant/valuable that information may be.

That information is extremely valuable, they're going out of business for a reason. If the car was worthy of being sold to an average discerning customer that COULD get it inspected, it could easily and almost immediately sell for 18k+. There is no end to the number of average customers that want a cheap BMW for the badge.

Obviously, the car would not pass the scrutiny of a discerning customer, so the lot discounting it to even 15k still wouldn't sell it before going out of business. Small dealerships going out of business are trying to make back every dollar they can, remember that. Every dealer knows they can get top dollar for a used car with no accidents and a clean title because there will always be some idiot that knows nothing about cars and is willing to fuck themselves over a brand name.

I will say again, you are making an extremely poor choice.

Well then just fucking make it out of paper then

>being this autistic about hp

Get a real car for fuck sake

convince me not to buy this

I'm considering it

>4 door
>red
>that front bumper
disgusting

autotrader.ca/a/BMW/3 Series/St. Catharines/Ontario/5_28577828_ON20080114122939242/?ursrc=pl&urp=3&urm=8&showcpo=ShowCPO

>any bmw after the e46, e39, e38 and m coupe
shiggy diggy

3k civic it is then

thanks lads