Favourite 1960 to 1980 yachts and muscle cars?

Favourite 1960 to 1980 yachts and muscle cars?

Bonus pic

Rebel is badass

One more pic

>based AMC

I love the '79 T/A in gold. It's like the last gasps of the 70s and disco desperately trying to stay relevant into the 80s, the half steel half plastic body, especially the nose, making it a frankenstein of the old and new. The entire car just looks slightly wrong, yet so fitting for the 70s/80s transition.

The late 70's / early 80's Firebird is based, to me the 1979 looks like they took a flate faced car and made a beak for it but left the headlight area cutout so you can see the original lights.
Absolutely lovely.

might as well post this too

personally hate barges but this is the one I like the most and hate the least

I'm currently strugling with whether or not I should buy a 71-72 Cadillac Eldorado convertible.
>CONS:
It would be my daily driver
It would be pain to park downtown
Stupid mpg
Constantly worried about someone fucking with it

>PROS:
Mad swagguh

1973 Lincoln Continental

You forgot comfort and torque in Pros.

Nice although I prefer the 1979 model in the 70's because it's the longest one.

Reminder that anything after 1972 is worthless.

>Tfw no Electra

someone already posted my favorite AMC cars so Tornado.

>I prefer the 1979

You want a 78 because the 79 engine is crap without a complete overhaul and about $10k in work and parts.

Italian Muscle

how much should i expect to pay for an early 70's Polara/mid 70's Monaco?

>Tornado
Toronado.

the hell is this?

Buick Riviera, early 70s

wrong

Make me nut

That's a 57 Premiere, nice car, but not in the time frame.

My daily driver until I had to park because I forgot to save money to register it. (Stupid 18 year old, 20 now and know better). It stopped running after that, can't get the bastard to start now, but I'll get it running again this spring.

Sorry, not a Premiere but defintely a 54-58 FoMoCo model. I think it says Montery. Not familiar eith that exactly, but it's almost identical to the Lincoln Premiere which introduced that tilted, power, rear window.

69 super bee

Wasn't the weight distribution on these like 70/30?

CYCLONE
Y
C
L
O
N
E

Shame, here in Sweden the only thing limiting me from driving an old yacht is our very high gas prices.

Cars that are 30 years old or more you don't have to pay tax or anything for as ar as I know.

I DD this thing, u get used to it just like any other shitbox. Admittedly yours would be much bigger thought.

Also this could be a pro or a con depending on you but
>cholos at stoplights in chevelles and novas giving you props on your ride and calling you esé

>that water separation on the paint

Wax it right now.

It's spray paint

Euro muscle, best muscle.

coachbuilt barracuda by Ghia

>euro
>muscle

Top zoz compadre, 1.8L cuck boxes aren't muscle

Fortunately that has a 5.3L V8

>not even 6L

That's a 66 Monterey Breezeway 2 door. Super rare in all reality

made more hp than just about every American V8 and could outrun all of them tho

would you drive a Facel Vega Facel II?
6.3 liters of french car

Not even close lmao you guys are so pathetic. What's your morbid obsession with always trying to compare to the US?

what is your obsession with Europe

I stated facts and you spew off on irrelevant shit

>a 450 hp (336 kW) 6.3 litre version was also available from Aston Martin

Not exactly hard in the late 70's you tard

>The Aston Martin V8 is an automobile which was manufactured by Aston Martin in the United Kingdom from 1969 to 1989.

man it was faster than most muscle cars in 1969 let alone 1979

they couldn't even come up with their own design and instead copied the mustang. sad!

Facel Vegas used the Chrysler wedge heads iirc.

"As with all traditional Aston Martins, it was entirely handbuilt – with each car requiring 1,200 man-hours to finish."

oh so its the usual "I get destroyed so I must post irrelevant shit"

cool

even the DB5 and DB6 inline 6 Vantages could smoke plenty of muscle

i want to fuck that skeleton

she is truly the cute trendy skeleton of the abyss

But its better in every single aspect, can't you just appreciate a good car instead of spewing memes?

>blew out Jags, Ferrari GTOs and Corvettes with 427 mystery engines at the '63 Daytona Speed Weeks

Also this unholy union of big block barge and FWD. I recognize the Toronado was first, but the Toronado is also butt ugly.

Why is this allowed?

objectively improving a car is a good idea

It's not irrelevant, AM is a more luxurious brand.
There were just over 4000 produced combining all different specs and variants over 20 fucking years (1969-1989).
To put that into perspective the original Mustang sold over 1 million units in it's first eighteen months.
I can't find any pricing of the AM but I am guessing it was steep.
Even shit like Cadillac and Lincoln produced way more cars.

You are missing the point of muscle cars, they are meant to be cheaper performance and to be serviceable in your local garage (America), and have a shit ton of spare parts available.

America can build faster cars if they put money and effort into it just like AM did.

does not matter

its faster thats all that matters

anything else is just finding excuses as to why American cars were slower

you cant talk shit about engine size then learn that it kicks your big engines ass then go on about it doesnt count

If I had a budget to build a car of 100000$ and you had 10000$
There's a huge chance mine will be faster especially if it's "handmade"

Also I never talked about engine

and its still slower than muscle

the muh price shit is irrelevant

>Euro muscle, best muscle.
>Top zoz compadre, 1.8L cuck boxes aren't muscle
>Fortunately that has a 5.3L V8
>>not even 6L

maybe you didnt but the argument is still the same

>the muh price shit is irrelevant

That's just ignorant, you can't compare two different price ranges.

European "muscle" was more fitted as GT cars or even Supercars.
There's a ton of FR V8 cars from Europe from the 60-70's most are classified as GT or supercars cars.

oh Im sorry but its fine when a muscle car can beat a Corvette or a Ferrari in the 1/4 when neither of those cars were made for it isnt it?

muscle cars are made to go straight and they lose to GT and sports cars that arent built for that sole purpose sometimes

price is irrelevant

My 1976 Lincoln

wtf are you on about

The Aston Martin V8 made 310 HP at most assuming you're not talking about the V8 Vantage which was practically a supercar.
That's alot less than most top tier muscle cars of the day.

muh nigguh

maybe you should get educated

Americans used gross hp which was just plain retarded

an American car rated at around 415-420hp would be about the same as that Aston Martin

Sweet!

I never said that, same argument for the GN in the 80's.

no you never directly said it but if a car made to do one thing gets beat at it by another car that isnt its a failure

Stuff like the 426 and 440 were around 300-350 HP supposedly and didn't have fuel injection or OHC

muh nigga

Have you ever heard of "Pick on someone your own size"?

Apparently not, since soon you're gonna be comparing an old Challenger with a Miura or Daytona (Ferrari).

Way down below the ocean where I wanna be she may be, Way down below the ocean where I wanna be ...

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP

I really love old landbarges, what should I look for if I'm on a budget as a good project car for the weekends? Would any make decent DDs?

Hemis were underrated even by gross standards

engines rated at 400+hp probably actually make around 300-350 net

>"Pick on someone your own size"?

thats funny considering the guy was criticizing the Aston for its "small" engine despite it being faster

The Aston is only combarable to other super cars of the 60's and 70's

>Would any make decent DDs?

If you can afford the fuel, all barges were DDs back in the day.

I can afford the fuel, but I'm wondering which ones are going to serve me more reliably.

They're all for the most part similar. Nothing other than a fully vacuum or hydraulic operated accessory system is hard to maintain, and even then parts are dirt cheap. There's a few guys in /ccg/ that daily classic cars. I daily my truck when there's no snow on the ground.

I had one in high school. Was great until a deer jumped in front of me ;_;

Unless you get one with a Z-code 400 with mandatory four-on-the-floor. Exactly the same power as in 78'.

too bad its still faster

your feels are irrelevant

>Why is this allowed?

We swapped the fuck out of engines when those cars were young so why not do modern swaps with better powerplants? People buy old shit for the styling, not so much the engine.

Nice. The front wheel bearings on those are larger than Ford F100 brakes of the same year, and the car weighs more. I slew one fifteen years ago for the 460/C6. Hot rodders like the disc brake 9" rear ends. It's a truck with a car body and should last forever if taken care of.

I'm not denying it's faster, I even think it's cool (Mainly because of the Mustang styling lasting through the 70's and 80's).

But it can't be compared to cheap pony cars in terms of performance.

Change it back to the stock snowflakes and it'd be perfect.

How do you even find parts for a lot of these cars though?