Crossover General Thread./cgt/ We run this

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/19/business/la-fi-women-cars-20100619
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Suicide General

You need to get a life.

cuck general

Whatever user trying to justify his purchase of a cuck car, stop. You are like that veloster guy. Accept your bad purchase and move on.

1 post in and the thread is ruined...

Lol. Basement dwellers hate crossovers

Nope. Anyonone who hates underperforming, overweight pieces of shit aimed at dumb customers hate crossovers.

Basically this. Some posters on Veeky Forums refuse to realize sometimes a car is more than just some sporty fun machine, or more realistically mom and dads hand me down hitbox. Crossovers are known for their boring drivers, but sometimes a car is more than something to have fun in..but something to live a active lifestyle in. Honestly I have owned both...I much prefer my crossover.

So, basement-dwellers?

Your life is boring. Wow lets make a general about it

Lol ok lord of the basement. Explain to me how my life is boring?

>active lifestyle
>boring
Kek. Im sure call of duty and mtn dew are all the excitement you need friend.

>buy something with the same engine as an econobox
>same chassis as an econobox
>heavier and taller body than an econobox
>more impractical than a wagon or a minivan
>slower and more expensive than an econobox
>useless at off-road unless you think a field of daisies is off road
>essentially a car that tries to do everything and fails spectacularly

HURRR DURR YOU ALL BASEMENT DWELLERS MUH ACTIVE LIFESTYLE

you sure sound salty

>wagons and minivans with awd and ground clearance
Kek
Lifted, fuel efficient, practical, awd hatchback sounds great to me famalam

>>essentially a car that tries to do everything and fails spectacularly
The crossover wasn't designed to be economical or practical or sporty. It succeeds in its purpose, which is getting sales.

Your wife and her bull probably have an active lifestyle too when you're away at your desk job

The only crossover that gets my pass is the CX-5

Nice comeback basement dweller.
Im sure your PSonline friends loved that one
>cant even afford XBL
Kek

>>more impractical than a wagon or a minivan

Behind 2nd row seats:

Volvo V90: 19.7 cu ft
Volvo XC90: 41.8 cu ft

Audi A6 Avant: 18.71 cu ft
Audi Q5: 29.1 cu ft

VW Tiguan: 23.8 cu ft
VW Passat Wagon: 22.9 cu ft (pretty close)

Ford Escape: 34 cu ft
Ford Mondeo Wagon: 19.8 cu ft

BMW 5 Series wagon: 19.7 cu ft
BMW X3: 27.6

>t. cognitive dissonance cuck

The ignorance shown regarding crossovers is literally due to the 16 year olds on this board that can't drive and loath mom and dad for not getting a rwd import sedan from Japan. To all who that fits. worry about graduating high school, find a good college to go to or even a trade...graduate and then worry about MUH CROSSOVERS TARNISHING MY DRIFT REP IN TOWN

The problem with crossovers is not what they are, but the way they are marketed and the people who buy them. I'd be willing to wager that 95% of crossover buyers have no actual need of the slightly taller ground clearance and AWD, but this is what they want.

You see the ads and commercials for crossovers where they are always driving on nice, fresh pavement, inside urban environments and maybe even the finest gravel road I've ever seen.

I'd be fine with this, but I see the crossover platform taking over such a huge market share from station wagons and sedans, which are platforms I really like and I think would be much more suited for a lot of these people

be confident and buy an actual station wagon/hatchback

I will agree. I guess I fall into the segment of people who bought one for the utility of it. I have a subcompact crossover and I love the fact that I can toss my bike in back or carry some friends and go hiking and load up the back with gear and shit. I'm not really in love with the car...im in love where it brings me and the experiences I have in it...which make me love the car

This is the opposite of confident.

Crossovers are actually pretty bad though. I don't know about wagons, but they're way less practical than a minivan.

should i buy a macan or a cayenne

Mazda CX9

Throughly enjoying my '13 Escape. I needed more cargo space, but having 100 more horsies than my last car isn't bad either.

Memesters of Veeky Forums btfo once again!

Crossovers exist for one reason:

WOMEN

Women want the higher ground clearance so they can sit up higher in traffic, so they can feel in control.

They want cars to be bloaty and fat because it makes them seem "safe" for their children and of course for themselves. All women are incompetent and afraid of driving.

They want a car with a lot of space and seats too, so their primitive estrogen- engorged brains can subconsciously feel the freedom to have more children.

Women also see crossovers as cute and trendy. All of their friends have one. Minivans are socially stigmatized. Wagons are for dads. But crossovers are everywhere. Because women are everywhere,

Most crossover drivers I see are men, and most wagon owners I see are women. Then again, I live in ice country.

Panamera

This is dumb because most sedan seats are ALOT higher than they used to be.

Ding ding ding.

Most of the times I see a man driving a crossover is because he wanted a big, 4X4 SUV or truck so he could appear as an alpha but was only able to afford a crossover, yet he thinks they're the same thing because of the offroad clearance and size.

It's a hatchback for cucks and bitches.

You sound extremely self conscious.

Aren't we all...

No. Some people have no problem driving a crossover and it literally wont effect their confidence.

>/r9k/ - Armchair Sociologists

I see... but... I think we all have our own problems... each and everyone of us...

Reaching

This thread gets posted every day by a sad, cucked manchild whose wife forced him to buy a crossover and he desperately wants the voices in his head telling him he's a failure to stop.

It's not working.

Reaching... for personal happiness... makes u think...

My mom's first car was a '79 RX-7.

And then she went on to own a fuckton of muscle cars. Not certain your argument holds water.

My brother and I were raised riding in the passenger seat of deathtraps.

There are handful of generals for topics nobody cares about. Get over it...crossovers are one of the largest selling segments of vehicle now.Thats facts.

Do you really not understand what an outlier is? Not every woman in the world is your mother, literally only one is.

Absolutely. Women, homosexuals and idiots all need cars too.

Pic related.

I have a hard time believing she's the only case, though.

Besides, it was my dad that wanted to buy a fucking crossover in our family. 2007 Equinox, a shitbox among shitboxes.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if it was found that there are more men driving crossovers than women, while women prefer sedans and "cute" cars like fucking Beetles.

SHOW ME THE FUCKIN DATA

Still sexy af somehow.

This applies to Audi's entire range of cars, though, not just their crossovers.

Actually false. Women prefer crossovers, men prefer luxury cars.

>Besides, it was my dad that wanted to buy a fucking crossover in our family
So you're telling me statistically, your dad is a women

Pic related. women buy cars from brands selling the most crossovers in their lineup

articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/19/business/la-fi-women-cars-20100619

>men prefer luxury cars
maximum kek
Women fuel the luxury car market

Objectively correct.

This has to be the loosest interpretation of a chart I've ever read.

The thing is...the thread was shit from the start.

>top 10 for men
>ranges from 82-92%
>too 10 for women
>ranges from 43-49%
So no matter what, men are still buying more cars than women from any given company. Guess I can't say I'm surprised.

>this thread was shit from the start
Lmao, just like GM.

>So you're telling me statistically, your dad is a women
Pretty much, yeah. He's a snivelling faggot who doesn't work and just complains constantly.

Anyway that chart's interesting because the 5 top-rated brands (other than Kia) don't feature many crossovers in relation to their overall lineups.

I think the point would be better made if American manufacturers had been included, they've been slamming markets with crossovers over the past few years.

intredasting, would like to see the original study, though. 5/9 models is a slim majority, really, but interesting nevertheless.

this, but their dads or boyfriends/husbands are usually the ones buying the cars while women are driving them, probably fucks with statistics somewhat.

LMAO
Is this pathetic bitch still trying to shill crossovers? HBWAHAHAHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I haven't laughed this hard since the Cowboys lost earlier tonight

How dare you actually read the graph and not just look at the size of bars. Get out of here.

Original crossover coming through!

Post yfw you DIDN'T buy a cuckover

>not having a life and friends
So sad

>not having a 4 door sports sedan
>thinking you need a lifted hatchback to have friends

Lmaoing at your life

>4 door
>sports
Kek
Enjoy not exploring the world

Feels FUCKING GR8

>needing a cuckover to explore the world

Lmao 99% of crossover owners don't even take them off a dirt road at best

Honestly my crossover is just an all around vehicle that I used to commute to work and go on trips with. It good all around for those things. I opted out of spending money on some useless hot hatch or some dumb fucking sports sedan and the maintenance that goes along with the aforementioned to save up for something REALLY nice.

>99% of car owners don't even take them off a dirt road at best
FTFY

You couldn't have made a more useless statement.

>rav4
>unibody

You aren't exploring anything in that thing other than your anal passage you fruity bastard.

But they can

>that reach
Holy shit, that's awful
Let me break it down for you:
The design of the crossover implies it can go offroad due to its lifted stance and taller tires
The design of a car denotes traveling on asphalt and extremely light treading surfaces due to its lowered stance and skinny tires designed for handling at speeds higher than 37 mph

The vast vast majority of crossovers are never taken off-road by the majority of their owners, and no serious off-roaders would purchase a crossover for serious offroading because they are shit; they have horrible """""4WD""""" systems, they're frames are useless and flex waaayyyyy to much

Like what's been said many times in these fucking stupid threads always rings true, they TRY to be good at everything, not just while excelling at nothing, but also while being horrid at everything

So can a real SUV, what's your point?

What exactly is the difference between a SUV and a crossover? Body on frame vs unibody? Does the unibody have to be car based?

Did a simple FTFY really trigger you that hard? Were you raped by a crossover?

>comparing awd to 4wd
You should educate yourself on locking differentials before you post here.

Not an argument, shill

SUV was the original term coined when the first gen explorer came out, it's really just a marketing term, but enthusiasts think the difference is CUVs are car based(unibody and share the same platform as a sedan), FWD Based, and have independent front and rear suspension
SUVs are body on frame like a truck, only shared platforms with a truck, and are rear wheel based with a proper 4WD system with three locking differentials

AWD

I don't think anybody is trying to rock crawl in a crossover. This is exactly why you should go learn the difference, and why awd exists. Right now you just seem like a foaming-at-the-mouth retard flailing about things you don't like, but can't even articulate why.

What's the best crossover?

I like the CX-5. Handles like a slow sports car.

Tell me where "crossover" owners are going off roading
Post pics plz

Gets through traffic faster than other crossovers.

burned more often than any other cars after big sports games.

Umm

What a piece of shit the Explorer became

Explorer was always a POS

>first pic is a dirt road
This has to be a troll
>second pic is a rav4 with at least $15k worth of suspension/chassis mods
Goalposts moved
>Third pic is an advert on a shore of a river
I knew these were troll threads

They are all off road.
Stop moving goal posts

It wasn't moving goalposts when it was the original fucking point

2/10

Original point was crossovers off road.
They are all off road

No, my point was they're a joke for serious offroading, and was mocking your light in the loafers idea of what you consider offroading to be

No one is serious off roading these things you moron.
No one said they were.
But you can still go camping, biking, skiing, etc with one just fine while bot sacrificing comfort, mpg, and handling.

The superior choice

That is some serious trash

You have seriously shit taste

DELETE DIS NOW!!!!

302 is very nice

>No one is serious off roading these things
>But you can still go camping, biking, skiing, etc with one just fine while bot sacrificing comfort, mpg, and handling.

then why buy it? you can do all that shit with a civic