90 HP

>90 HP
>2.3 L4
>American """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""performance""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

v8archie.us/master-kit2.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Seriously? This is really weak bait.

Sagee, hidden, and reported.

yes America was the first country to try to save the world from car emissions.
>you're welcome

lol@one of porsches attempts at a front-engined sports car getting beat by a turd-gen.

>2.3L
>he doesn't even know the displacement of the Iron Duke
nice try fag. Iron Duke turd gens are impossible to find.

>Making fun of the I4 and not the 5.0l V8 that only put out 145HP.

>impossible to find
Just go to a junk yard

tjpse are all V6 and V8 models. I have never seen a 4 cylinder turd gen in person. I know they exist, but they never sold well and the option was killed off quickly due to poor sales.

Fuck you OP. Now I want a turd gen again.

FUCK YOU
U
C
K

Y
O
U

that doesn't help the case, you fucking retard

a corolla of the same year made the same power with an engine that made half the displacement

That makes them dead reliable

I'm gettin one this year

Yeah because they're so slow they don't even move

Shit bait.

Responding to shit bait.

You faggots are killing Veeky Forums.

Sage, report, and hide.

>Sage, report, and hide.
This shit is what is killing Veeky Forums. You are the cancer m8.

Small secret...most people on Veeky Forums know whats bait...we just have fun with it. Its Super Autismo Type-R fags like you that take Veeky Forums to seriously.

>double the displacement and cylinders
>only gain 50 HP

>Jaguar 6l V12
>250hp on a good day
>125hp most days because British engineering

we know its bait user. Look around this board. Everything is shit. These bait threads are the closest thing to actual productive discussion we have.

>in the middle of smog crisis AND gas crisis
>surprised HP levels plummeted

not like all it needs to make 400 HP is a cam kit

oh wait thats totally the case

Is that legitimately it? Cam and heads? Thought it'd take a bit more

Either that or just drop in a 350 and do the same.

Do some junkyard hunting for your carby and maybe the distro and you'll be pushing 400 for a cunt hair under $1500 engine and all.

The best part is you can do the 350 swap with literally no changes to the car. Just drop that shit in if you're going from the 305.

Yeah when I get one I'm definitely starting with the 350 TPI. Tires help these things a shitload I'm guessing? Cause of muh torques

Tires help ANY car.

Honestly the hardest part of getting a nice turd gen is finding one with nice paint. Like hell am I paying the cost of the whole project just to make it nice to look at.

The 305 can't make 400 HP. Short of a stroker kit or forced induction, the limit is around 300 HP.
The engine doesn't like to rev because of the long stroke. And the small bore limits the size valves you can use.
A 350 or a DZ302 is a much better choice for making power.
305 a shit.

>dad got me the crossfire for 1k
>me and friends put in a 350 TBI years ago an i blew a head gasket and its sat for a few years
What should i do? i like the thing and its got some sentimental value because first car and father son fun times of fixing it to run. The wirings all over the place due to previous owners being urban men who wanted to put in a subwoofer and nigrigging everything. help.

rewire it youself, or order an all new wiring harness. I'm sure someone makes one.

I'm more worried about the shitloads of rust it'll probably have. Probably gonna replace all the mechanicals and stuff for the first year or so cause I want to daily it if there's no snow. Then I'll get to make it fast

It'll be spring soon so perfect time to fix it up

You don't participate in benchrace threads do you? If you do, you are cancer. A period of nazi mods and strict rules if the shitposters are ever purged is chemo. Nothing wrong with being a rules nazi when the board is in this bad of a state.

Look around. No one's bench racing. We're discussing the actual car. No laptimes. Just ways to improve it

Nigger, Veeky Forums, as a whole, has always been shit. ALWAYS. I truly dont understand where you nostalgia fags come from with the I remember when Veeky Forums was good. Fuck off.

Engine Masters made 620 hp on a basically stock 305 with nitrous. Granted it fucked a piston on the next run but that was with two 150 shots straight from 50% to 100% and the block was still good.

>the board is in such a bad state dude omg we need chemo
>everyone EXCEPT you is discussing the thread like a normal fucking person
stop posting anytime

>nitrous
The Chevy small block itself is known for durability. The 305 is still shit. If you want a GOOD SBC 5.0L, make yourself a 302 using a 350 block and a 283 crankshaft.
So the exact opposite of the 305. The 305 had a smaller cylinder bore than the 283, but the same stroke as the 350. It was literal shit design specifically for emissions. The smaller cylinder helped it burn fuel more efficiently but fucked power output

I thought only turd gen Firebirds could be had with the four-banger and the lowest trim on a turd gen Camaro was the V6?

nope. With the exception of the 1989 Turbo Trans Am getting a Buick Grand National engine, all turd gens had the same engine options regardless of Camaro or Firebird.

Alright I'll admit I was exaggerating what the 305 will do but you can pull off the 350 swap in a fucking parking lot and with how cheap and simple those engines are to build it's really a no-brainer if you want a project.

Is it gonna be cramped with a 350 the same way it is with an LS1?

no. The 305 and 350 are outwardly identical. The 350 is no harder than the 305.

This, its more or less the same engine, to the point it may as well be considered a bolt-on part. Thats why it's such an easy swap.

I dont know why the miata is so popular here when any autist could throw together a 350-400hp engine for 1.5k and throw it in a 3-5k vehicle over a few weekends.

Probably because they cant actually wrench.

>A period of nazi mods and strict rules if the shitposters are ever purged is chemo
Lol, fuck off. If you want "Ackshual Dishkushon" go find a namefag forum where you can effortpost about your new intake headers and dem 5+hp gainz.

I remember a few months ago, there was a Pontiac Fiero on my local craigslist with a transverse Chevy ZZ4 350 crate engine mounted to a 6 speed manual.

Fuck off cunt,

>tfw this thread went from shitposting to actual discussions about F-body improvements

The problem is a lot of us are in college or don't have the facilities to carry out large wrenching projects.

I honestly might rent a storage unit to do my engine/tranny swap in.

>Fiero
>Transverse 350
Holy shit

I got myself a job at a delaership so id have a place to keep it as well as facilities and diagnostic equipment to take advantage of, not to mention the collective knowledge of 15 or so professional techs

see if rent-a-bays are a thing in your area

The 6 speed manual was an F40 from a 2006-2009 Pontiac G6 GTP.
You can get adapters to bolt an SBC to the transmission here.
v8archie.us/master-kit2.html

>its a "Veeky Forums is for shitposting only" episode

Huh, interesting. I'd always heard that only the Firebirds could be had with the Douk to make the Camaro seem like it was better.

>you will never do a 350 swap on a '91 Gen 2 Fiero

I'm in the military, so I can use the garages on base, but it would actually be cheaper to rent a car sized storage unit.

It would probably take me a couple of weeks.

>F-body
>improvement

Here's an F-body "improvement"

80s GM is pretty shit
I have a handed down '86 Sport Coupe from my dad that he's had since new. Swapped a whole IROC interior into it after I started using it. Planning on repainting it this summer back to the gunmetal gray it came with after he did 2 half-ass paint jobs on it.

>L4

OO
O
O

Make it work, Veeky Forums