Where did it all go so wrong? Bunch of new memers shitting up Veeky Forums...

Where did it all go so wrong? Bunch of new memers shitting up Veeky Forums, we got these retards and others likes of "hurr durr what car is dis". am i being a complete sperg or has it started to get worse recently?

I blame the dumbfucks welcoming degenerates from /pol/

>implying alphonse wasn't/is worse

It's called a joke, moron.

>open thread expecting it to be packed with gm fangirl tears
>it's packed with gm fangirl tears
delicious

It started with the rise of mobile browsing. A bunch of people who never belonged on the internet got smart phones so they could browse the internet while simultaneously participating in normie activities. Then combine that with popularity of /pol/ exploding this year and all those new users spilled over into the rest of the site. It's gotten to the point where phoneposting newfags outnumber the people who actually care, so the quality goes down.

I made two of those threads on desktop. :^)

has he gotten a job yet?

he's back in college so his posting style changed presumably because he doesn't want to be banned where he is located

but the posting styles have changed. he or copycats still make good threads fall off the board by posting lots of new topics such as "identify this car" or they repost copies of old useless topics.

these trolls depend on people not reporting threads like "identify this car" which if legit requests, should be in that containment thread for questions about specific items.

What can be done against such faggotry

nothing
i am going to keep posting what car is this and there's nothing you can do to stop me

yeah Ive noticed a steep decline since then

Autism 101

its just shit posting my man chill

The "what car is this" white Lancer rallyart threads and "bushes that grow car parts" threads aren't Alphonse, pretty sure.

Was I replying to you on /tv/ yesterday?

Same pic and post style.

Still having the same problems here as before too I made a thread about it and a bunch of anons blamed Alphonse but I'm Aussie and don't know who that is

Sorry bud but that panel doesn't make any sense. In the second panel it says that Green had to assimilate to the rules. But, then Brown doesn't despite the situation being the exact same. Both Green and Brown were outnumbered by core members when they joined. And if Green had assimilated to the rules he would have left with the founders as well

at least those threads have some form of discussion related to cars
this thread is just whining and bitching
report them and move on, this thread doesn't change anything.

I dont really know where you people get this idea that there was a point where Veeky Forums was ever good. It has never been good. Veeky Forums went to total shit when moot started expanding the boards over a decade ago. Every month or so Veeky Forums makes the news and that brings a few more people that probably shouldnt be here and ever once and a while you get someone who puts all their script kiddie skills into spamming their site or spamming shit threads. Its always been like this. If you think that there was a point where Veeky Forums was better then you are a new fag that needs to lurk more.

And quit your bitching. If you dont like it here, leave and make your own chan, you fucking crybaby faggots.

Boohoo

Ax
Fuck off I hate this "hurr Durr Veeky Forums was never good" it's reached new levels of cancerous threads within the last 3-4 years

no m8, it hasnt.

Funny anons said that 10years ago when I first got here

Veeky Forums seems shitty after that shiny veneer of novelty wears off. Though I'm sure you look at the days CP spambots covered every board on Veeky Forums. I sure do love the days where Veeky Forums became a clubhouse for drama loving tripfags, when we had multiple faggots shitposting at Alphonse levels. Nevermind the issues that other boards had that we thankfully got over with.

>all this salt

Are you implying this board has remained same since early 2009 (when I came to Veeky Forums) because that's dead wrong and you know it

You missed the ausfag drama.

then you should know m8. the shit has always been here. it just changes forms. the bench racing shit has always been here. the "the automaker sucks threads" have always been here. the lol @ leaf springs have always been here. the hur dur americans cant turn threads have always been here. its always been here and if you been here 10 years then you should remember it.

I totally forgot about that. Which is funny because they were the reason I left Veeky Forums for a year.

I left for like 2 years and got back this year and it all broke loose.

This place has been exceptionally bad since 2012
I miss initial d posting

Other boards copy it.

Cross posting was a mistake board culture is dead and individual boards are just containment.

Its not the same. The shit just changes. There has always been shit. Get over it.

He's not in college he's fucking underage.

Vtek kicked in yo was one of the first auto memes besides 10 second car and all of fnf1 memes I knew and treequinox was the reason I found this board ironically

Those are actually funny.

509 replies later...

No, this constant need for isolation was a solution for a problem that doesn't exist, and created more problems at the same time. It created witch hunts and purity spirals and only led to slow, stagnant boards. Also, the Australian drama was back from 2010 or 11, and this point it's substantially better than it was back then. Or do you miss when a tripfag constantly posted his stupid watch and bottle of NOS.

I don't remember the 2010-2011 shitposting mainly 7mgefag and shit.

Aussie threads didn't start until around 2012

i will be in college soon

>people complaining about shit posting 10 years ago
>still insists that shit posting is a recent thing.

You are retarded or new if you think shitposting has been the same

No, must have been a different guy. Alphonse was the guy who nonstop shitposted GTR vs Corvette stuff.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but I didn't make it. I suppose it would make more sense if the greens quit too. I think the browns ruin it because they're more removed than the greens. Say the two core members tell two friends each, then those two friends tell two more friends each, already the core members and their close friends are outnumbered 8 to 6. So at any time, a member of the fandom is more likely to be interacting with a newer, less-involved member than an older, more-involved member. So now that a majority of the fandom is newer and might have less understanding of what is going on, the original purpose of the fandom starts to fade.

Brown is a dumb nignog and could not understand the rules.
It looks like you are also a dumb nignog.

The idea is that green wanted to join and enjoyed playing.
Brown did not know what the fuck is the game about but wanted to try because green was doing it.
See the difference? Green was playing because he liked what was going on while Brown was there because Green was there.
I have a feeling that Brown is gay for Green.

isn't it a base model Lancer?

>doesn't make any sense
It makes a fair bit of sense. Just a few details are off, but to the unsperged eye, it's pretty dead-on.

I agree with you. People always Gramping out reminiscing about ye olde days when the damn kids (/pol/) stayed off their lawn (Veeky Forums). Stop whining.

^these

Nah, pretty sure it's a Ralliart.

It started when people cared about Vette vs GTR threads more than working in their cars and actually posting content. Most OC died with the last waves of tripfags that flew the coupe

I don't understand why people reply to those generic gtr vs vetted threads. Is it just newfags? Or the shitposters bumping from different devices

I assume a bit of both.

Was getting /pol/ involved with this board a mistake?

Corvette vs GTR (and shitposting in general) was a thing long before /pol/ ever knew Veeky Forums existed.

That I know, but I noticed things started taking a turn for the worse when that collaboration started

Alphonse started pulling the race card and specifically attacking /pol/tards, and we may have had some ultra-nationalist posters jump over as well, resulting in increased murrica vs yurop shitflinging.
The guys in the winterball threads seemed pretty cool though.

this place is the last enjoyable board

you can see lots of younger posters from /b/ and TONS of retards from /pol/

BUT MORE THAN ANYTHING

SO MANY FUCKING NEWFAGS

SO MANY NEW POSTERS

SO MANY PEOPLE WHO WERENT HERE 2+ YEARS AGO

Mfw this was the last enjoyable board I had

Go blow a headgaskit