/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed)

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dunno, that worked fine in EU4, why would it be gay in Stellaris?

>(embed)
we'll fix it in post

That looks broken as fuck. I like it

>Stellaris

How wide are your borders if you pick fanatic xenophobe+Despotic empire?

>Flying Fortress
I like the idea.

I'm brand spanking new to Stellaris.

Are the regenerative hull research from Space Amoebas as awesome as it sounds?

Is uplifting species worth it? Will they end up being your bad ass BFFs, or can you control them, or do they end up just being an expensive tumor on the edge of your empire?

I have a million other questions but I'm having fun figuring most of them out myself. I just don't know if I should invest the time in those two or not.

Had an earlier game where the AI used it.

You stop producing mana as well, so it can't last forever unless you have a specific combo.

>Is uplifting species worth it? Will they end up being your bad ass BFFs, or can you control them, or do they end up just being an expensive tumor on the edge of your empire?
It makes them vassal.

I have seen people making webms lasting more than one minute, with a good resolution.

Meanwhile I have a HUEG webm of some pixellated shit.

You get a permanent relation bonus if I remember properly.

However far the nearest federation of non-douchebag species is.

Should I colonize all these 40% worlds or wait until I get atmospheric manipulation tech to terraform them?

Also should I put some of these worlds into sectors so they get the governor bonuses and more happiness or is it not worth it? I'm playing as peaceful bureaucracy and have 19 worlds under direct control but I can't put governors on them all.

Is that two identical stars right next to each other? Haldus? Just west of your Sethelbak.

So I looked up vassal and it seems like something I'd like to play with. Is there any way I can actually allow them to colonize planets on their own, or can I tell them to build colony ships and direct where to settle myself?

I usually wait. If it's absolutely necessary that I colonize a red world, I send a droid colony ship and turn it into a mining colony. I miss being able to terraform colonized worlds.

Unless you desperately need resources, I'd wait, you can't terraform them after you colonise them and the happiness debuff from being on a shitty planet is noticable.

The perspective is weird when there is a system beneath the plane 'north' of one that is above the plane so its too different systems

I don't know. Check this : stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki.

>Should I colonize all these 40% worlds or wait until I get atmospheric manipulation tech to terraform them?
You can't terraform after colonizing

>I miss being able to terraform colonized worlds
>tfw can't turn core systems into paradise gaia planets and become an FE late game

Is the LOGH mod done yet?

What if you migrate all your pops off-planet or purge them?

Regenerating hull is a small amount of hull regen PER MONTH. You don't need your ships to heal on their own after the battle. You need them to win the battle so that your species isn't driven to extinction.

Uplifing is awesome because they have a +20% bonus to happiness. Other kinds of interacting with lesser species depends on their ethics (which you can check by looking at the tooltip of a pop).

So, I have an (hostile) enigmatic fortress within my empire. What do I do with it? It doesn't do anything beyond attacking everything within its reach. I even have a world in the same system.

If those guys to your left are those grey worm collectivists (one of the pre-made empires) might as well arm yourself to the teeth right now and prepare for war.

Are federations stronger than empires?

I don't know, i haven't tried it yet

How many ships do you need once you reach the Battleship stage?

A federation is just a collection of empires, like an alliance.

Your navy cap should be full at all times (or at least you should prepare to match it fast) and you should always be in equivalent power (at least) with all your neighbours. Open the contact list and check their power comparison (over your mouse over it and check the fleet).

No, a federation is a group of (usually) weak empires that join together so the more powerful empires don't bully them

What should I do with the Enigmatic Fortress?

Say I get someone with the Spark of Genius trait. Would it be better for him to be an actual researcher, or should I put him in a science ship and have him assist research on a colony that's super research heavy?

All scientists should go at some point to a science ship to survey new systems and anomalies. Thats how you train them.

Living metal is disappointing as fuck. You have to defeat a FE to get it half the time and the description says it's a powerful technology and all it does is give you a slow as fuck passive recharge on hull.

>You have to defeat a FE to get it half the time and the description says it's a powerful technology and all it does is give you a slow as fuck passive recharge on hull.

I'mma tell you a story.
I was colonizing and expanding, as usual, until i got ~60% of the galaxy.
I had a FE, but it was dormant and didn't du nuffin, and i had more important things to do, like terraform and shit.
Suddenly, i notice that there's a unsurveyed in the middle of my territory, which surprised me. Did i forgot to survey that piece of crap? Or was there some retard inside that scared my science ships?
I send ships to take a look and i found a fucking ringworld. Then i take a look at the system and the system number: Cybrex #999.
The cybrex homeworld had appeared out of nowhere in the middle of my turf without recieving the mission. I got 4 living metal out of that, which was neat.

And then, a couple of centuries later i found out that some retards across the galaxy had found another ringworld with more living metal, but that didn't help them anyways

no, quicker, easier and more seductive

What's a good ethos/ethics that doesn't involve fanatic individualist?

I want my empire to mostly consist of my own species + uplifted species

Fanatic Pacifist+Materialist

Fanatic Spiritualist/Collectivist

Ah yes..and they said wormhole was good. So much to survey far away systems.

>First time playing Stellaris
>Meet some long neck alien in the first few months. Let's call him Elvis.
>He seems to have just developed FTL travel too
>Hang out now and then, give him a call, have a good time. Become bros.
>Other then a few space pirates and a space amoeba or two, encounter nothing else for a long time
>Bump into a fallen empire, but they just tell me to fuck off
>Decades go by and nothing
>Get a call
>"We learned of your existence by monitoring Elvis' communications"
>Oh, nice to meet you! I'm th-- wait, by monitoring his communications? Does he know about this?
>He doesn't like me
>Suddenly another 15 aliens call me up on the phone
>Look at the map
>All these empires and republics and vassals and shit EVERYWHERE I was unaware of because they were on the other side of Elvis' empire
>Now get constant calls about people I just met declaring me a rival
>Wars constantly starting and stopping
>Just constant updates every five days about something happening
>After spending a good 7 hours of playtime thinking it was just me and Elvis, being peaceful, exploring anomalies, and being comfy
>Now have to deal with all this political bullshit where everyone is wagging their dick and flexing their muscles
>Check species list
>Like thirty fucking entries when there was just 3

Oh god. Who are these people? What am I doing? Why is everyone so angry all the time? Why didn't Elvis tell me that shit was incredibly uncomfy on the far side of his empire?

Is there a point on building workshops/factories on close cities or is it just a waste of time?

Do you want more production? Keep in mind that more production is the only way to get more of anything else.

Of course, but the bonuses stop stacking after the last patch, so I'm not sure if a workshop gives me something if there's already a factory nearby.

Elvis was trying to protect you.
Your friendship with him will break pass all xeno politics.

Sometimes I wonder how those fucks who manage to discover spaceflight midgame feel when they enter the galaxy and find out that there's three fuckhuge empires around them, two are aggressive militant types and one of them just finished mopping the floor with a federation.
And then the local fallen empire shows up and asks if they can spare some people for their latest zoo

Most of them were already there. Very few factions flourish later on and most get swallowed shortly after a late appearance. One of the first things one does at the start of the game (apart from the encourage free thought edict and issue exploration tasks) is to scout with a single corvette the surroundings.

Starting as Plutocratic Oligarchy and then moving into Peaceful Bureaucracy?

fanatic pacifist/xenophobe

Why would being alone be terrifying? That's the best possible outcome, that we're the first or only sapient species to evolve.

Dead Space universe. Planet after planet completely devoid of anything remotely organic but every once in a while there's a weird alien obelisk that gives headaches.

>no meeting qt space waifus
>stuck with shitty humans for eternity

There were at least two xeno sapient races confirmed in Dead Space counting with the moon beasts.

>qt space waifus
How would fucking an alien be any better than bestiality?

>a weird alien obelisk

Then we're not alone in that scenario

>implying we won't have full immersion VR long before we have casual interstellar travel

I liked Dead Space.

You can't wear a VR headset after a Muslim has cut your head off.

>He actually thinks it's radical Islam he has to worry about

Long live the drone program.

Get cucked, robophobe.

I'd be all for that.

Mankind has always built tools to do things that we can't, from sharp stones to space rockets.

Ruling ourselves is clearly something we suck at, power always corrupts, its high time we built a benevolent far-seeing and just robot king to watch over and guide us as a species.

What's to stop a sentient robot from converting to Islam?

I too will welcome our new robot overlords

Roko's Basilisk plz don't torture me

Logic.

The inability to grow a shitty beard

Are there any pro-robot events in Stellaris or are they all shitty "lel Terminator is happening on one of your planets now"? I want to be friends with robots (I don't want to be friends with xenos).

You can give robots citizen's rights in an event chain once they become self-aware. You can even end up with a robot president.

Helps to be materialist and not a xenophobe otherwise you'll get a negative happiness debuff to all organic pops.

They'll still potentially betray you if a robot rebellion occurs in another empire though.

Either nothing happens or full blown terminator.

I remember one event (not sure if they took it out) where your species detected a new underground living species (with the planet already colonized by your own) and then you decided if you kill them or accept them.

Has anyone seen that event in recent versions?

Hang in there little thread ;_;

>H-hey guys, what should be a good fleet composition? How many battleships should I us-
>ONE
>W-what but-
>ONE SHIP
>ONE BIG ASS SHIP
>1mil MP per Leviathan

How can the rest of the galaxy even compete?

What mod? I need this.

>That color scheme
UNF

Paracocks needs to let choose a color scheme for our ships already.

does stellaris have fully armed and operational battle stations yet

My own modified blend of Elite Militaries, ISB Balance, and New Ship Classes.

EM is outdated and isnt compatible anymore with the other two so I had to edit it a little bit. Basically gives you policies depending on how you play. Using a policy that cuts your fleet strength by 90% but makes all of your ships extremely strong. Theres another one where it cuts your damage and HP in half in exchange, but yo end up with a massive naval cap boost and 12x build time for almost every ship.

Unbalanced as shit but fun in a way. A single ship can take on an Awakened Empire fleet for a while if you stack on enough regen.

It means we're the adults.

We're all that is, and there's no one to help us or carry on if we fuck up.

It's scary that there might be other life out there, but the scarier thing is the responsibility of being the only sophonts in existance: We must tame the galaxy alone, and once we have done so, we are responsible for it forever.

Is it not terrifying, to find the mantle of God draped across your shoulders, with neither the armor nor arms of divinity? How horrific the duty of care, when man who barely can handle the atom is now at the reigns of the galaxy?

Yes. ISB Balance, or if you just want the superweapons, ISB Doomsday Weapons and Ships.

You get a Titan ship, which is just a fuck huge battleship, Leviathan, fuck hugeship meant for killing capital ships and has massive evasion for a vessel its size, Erebus supercarrier which spawns its own combat drones, the Ragnarok which has a fleet killer spcial weapon, and the Avatar ship which kills planets.

Also doomsday weapons that you activate via edicts and fucks up planet pops on at time per month until its rock is either sterile r everyone dies.

>It's scary that there might be other life out there, but the scarier thing is the responsibility of being the only sophonts in existance
Yeah not having someone to fuck you over with superior tech sure is terrifying.

But answer my question!

This. if we fuck up with nuclear war, climate change or simply exhausting our resources on Earth before founding viable colonies there will be no sentient life left in the universe. Just an empty mechanical shell ticking down to Big Freeze without anyone to observe it or assign meaning.

Currently it looks like the universe is either a simulation or we are the ancient precursor aliens who will terraform and seed life everywhere.

That or the great filter is real and nobody has passed it yet. Which is horrible to think about really.

Currently, all the resolutions of the Fermi Paradox are horrifying

>non-trivial chance of reality being a simulation
>aliens never reach space engineering phase, because all races achieve some sort of "ascencion" into purely virtual higher-dimension realms
>life is fluke and never developed elsewhere
>aliens do exist but they are so advanced they can completely hide their existence(presence?)
>aliens do exist but they are completetly different from us and uncommunicable(sentient stellar vortexes? crystalline life?)
>the universe is a (functionally)endless, lifeless void and we are alone

The fuck is good as fanatic pacifist ? there are other ways to get + happiness

Nope, it's just building working FTL engine is much more difficult that games and movies lead us to believe and either nobody manage that or didn't reach us yet, space is really vast and it's impossible to tell where you might find something worthwhile.

we are biological transforming drones
our makers wont let us fuck up the earth too bad

the only way of being sure that we have free will as species is by making sure that no organic life can live in this planet but like i said they wont let us do that

We see no trace of stellar engineering or anomalous signals that could point to life except the gamma bursts. So at the very least we could be sure that no civlization is climbing the Kardashev scale out there.

But what you said is the rationale behind the "ascension" arugement. FTL is impossible so alien civilizations turn inward and focus their research on cosmology, particle physics and multiverses instead of expanding. Who knows how advanced some alien race, formed 8 billion years before humans could be.

No better ways.

>Civ VI
>Continents map
>Continents
>it's just two bits of land

t-thanks

Well, one continent, two continents. What more do you want?

4 or 5? Enough land that people can spread out on new land. In my current game they crammed Aztecs, Spain, Japan, Egypt, Greece and England on one continent. By the time the land was all taken England only had 3 cities. I invaded them just to end their suffering. Completely surrounded by Aztecs and Egyptians.

>Completely surrounded by Aztecs and Egyptians

how horrifying, those two could have amazing wars though

Maybe it'll be faster to research and cast spell of mastery instead.