President Trump wants to fight with the German Auto Industry...but can we really compete?

Some models here and there are outperforming the Germans, sure, but for overall fit and finish, luxury and features, is America even close to European standards?

Other urls found in this thread:

reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>but for overall fit and finish, luxury and features, is America even close to European standards?
no. Opel is the laughing stock of european cars and their better cars aren't even based on Buicks.

I'm not surprised, even the Japs seem to have fallen off while the Germans have innovated.

What really bothers me is how we can have Silicon Valley and all those tech companies, and yet have stuff like Cue while the Germans, who seem to have infotainment systems from the next decade comparatively. There's things we should be superior at, but it seems like the only thing left we have to differentiate ourselves in the auto market is displacement.

Who is the biggest exporter of cars from the USA?

at this point in time america isn't even close to korea

This doesn't look 'Murican to me.

Don't worry the Mexico tariffs will solve everyth, oh bugger.

Well we'll definitely stop companies outsourcing to cheep Chinese labor. Fuck fuck fuck.

>the Japs seem to have fallen off while the Germans have innovated
Confirmed wrong opinion. Try again next time

Who voted for this fucker. Last week it was Toyota!

>Well we'll definitely stop companies outsourcing to cheep Chinese labor.
Even parts assemblies made in Japan are actually made using chinese parts. Too many companies game the system. Thus, you have a device labeled "Made in USA" but it is made from 100% chinese-quality parts.

Picture shows an item sold by Discount Tire Company claimed to be made in Japan and that was its label. But the japanese seller was actually reselling an item essentially made of parts from China.

>Who voted for this fucker.
Putin.

>is America even close to European standards?
The world is a lot more than just those brands. Are Americans afraid to compete even if German car brands have better interior finish? Are you MAGA or mice? Choose one.

>Who voted for this fucker.
It's not a matter of who voted for who. Trump was a democrat until Bill Clinton took office and steered manufacturing and construction out of America thru both China and NAFTA. Ironically, a lot of factories in Mexico are chinese-built or even chinese partnered. After the clintons hurt trump as even construction received more non-usa competitors to trump's construction businesses, trump switched to independent and then to republican.

BMW, Lexus and Mercedes consistently out sell Cadillac and Lincoln in the US despite domestic brands being considerably cheaper.

Nobody wants them. If it weren't for trucks the US auto industry would be dead.

>Trump was a democrat until Bill Clinton took office
Donald Trump was a registered Democrat between 2001 and 2009 (the Bush years) and a close friend of the Clintons. (sad)

nice meme kek

What american innovations for automobiles came out at CES this january? CES items should be either mostly sensors or items for the interior. Either way, those affect the fit and finish of the car.

That's not really a problem, most issues with stuff made in china is very poor quality control

Mustangs are pretty popular in Europe. I am pretty that there is a market for the camaro, the challenger and the charger. The most popular model is the one with the V8.
Why would you buy a BMW after listening to the sound of a fairly affordable american v8.

Probably China.

American cars are not even anywhere close to the Japanese let alone the Germans...

Reminder that the highest rated car of all time is American.

That's not a car, that's a computer with wheels

It doesn't matter what it's called.

>No exterior design whatsoever
>Interior design consists of a tablet glued to the dash
>Shit reliability much worse than even non-premium cars:
reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer
>Americans pay premium for this shit

Trump doesn't need a tax, he'll make Americans realize they're being fooled.

literally every car is a computer with wheels
without computers cars wouldnt go anywhere

Don't forget
>BMW/Merc money for a literal VW

Audi is literally the worst brand

But the new R8 is way cheaper than a Huracan and its pretty much the same car.

Longer wheelbase makes it less nimble
Understeers like hel thanks to Audi tuning compared to the Huracan
Much slower round a track

Let me tell you about points ignition and generators.

With a bucket of beer and a pack of camels sold to minors for two nickles and a dime.

Its slower sure, not much though. Its a bargain compared to the Huracan.

>why are affordable cars cheaper than cars twice it's price

America hasn't been close to Korea since Pangea

Opel makes basic bitch econocar no different to a chevy spark or whatever

The US has an opportunity to lead on electric cars, that's basically a total reconfiguration of the car industry.

Otherwise, no, I don't understand why we're not even competitive with the Germans. We always hear about high wages and costs problems, but hasn't the Euro been worth more all this time? How do they get away with it?

probably Canada but our market is pretty small
nope, I'd rather be seen in a Kia than a Chev
japs have always waited to see what Germany does then make it cheaper and more reliable

BMW.

Is Cadillac good yet?

Because ive been waiting on them to build a good car since 1975

reddit polls dont count

>Reddit

That's because hill allowed him to have a bunch of tax breaks and after 30 years of being in office suddenly NOW she wants to change that. I'd support hill if it meant not having to pay tax

They've been good for years but for whatever reason they can't market their cars to anyone but Boomers, except the the Escalade that only sells to swagfags.

THIS IS IT FUCKERS

THIS IS WHERE POL INVADES O

THIS IS WHAT WILL MAKE THIS A WORSE PLACE

POLITICS IS NOT CARS

THE OP OF THIS THREAD HAS AT LEAST 3 OTHER THREADS THEY WILL ALSO BUMP

DO NOT REPLY

THE OP IS A POLTROLL

THIS COMMUNITY WILL BECOME WORSE WITH POL

>is America even close to European standards?
Shouldn't you ask why aren't the Europeans closer to American standards? At least for cars to be sold in America anyways.

Not just boomers, but Gen-X'ers also buy Cadillac.

>Is Cadillac good yet?
They've had quite a few good years since 1975. Of course, your taste is different from the reviewers. And there are those vocal haters (trolls) on Veeky Forums who constantly say that anyone that doesn't agree with them are redditors.

>Ironically, a lot of factories in Mexico are chinese-built or even chinese partnered.

What are you talking about? Mexicans hate buying Chinese made things because they're seen as competitors in the contract manufacturing. Mexico managed to build up a small but growing domestic smartphone industry just buy catering to Mexicans who don't want to buy things made by Chinos. Chinese tried selling cars in Mexico andeven tried to build a factory but ended up leaving the market because Mexicans didn't want to buy Chinese cars even though they were cheaper than the competition.

Yes. Completely yes.

The ATS, CTS, and CT6 are very good.

They drive better than the German cars, but have not as nice interiors. The Caddies are cheaper though...

American and Jap can both shit on German cars easily?

Mustangs sell well there because their exotic and cost extra. People that can afford new luxury want something foreign and expensive, not locally made and cheap.

>not trusting in the protection of Micra Sports Club guerillas

>only thing that matters is track time

Kys

You're wrong, the Chevy Spark is far worse. Opel Insignia is based on the Buick Regal and is supposed to be their top model and it's on the same level as a renault twingo.

Pic related is the latest TÜV ranking for 2-3 year old cars. And this isn't based on (((consumer reports))), it's based on how often cars fail inspection after a certain mileage.

forgot pic

and I didn't mark the Opel Adam and Mokka at #8 because I didn't even expect an Opel that high.

I don't see any Audis on the right?

That's because Audis are reliable. Did you fall for the Veeky Forums meme?

>track time was the only thing you got out of that post
Kys faggot

It could be done if they stopped cutting corners with shit but even if you cunts managed to bring them up to standard you'd still have snobs turning their noses at "domestic" brands.

China for sure. Brands like Buick are status symbols for the new middle class there. Tho us car comapanies in general are having a hard time there since China will copy cars make their own under a different name.

>how can we possibly compete with cars that light up their hazards when you turn on the radio in a light rain after 30k miles?

I think we're gonna be OK.

god-tier handling and brakes. V engines dont stop pulling...

>posting a stupid meme to dodge the fact that America has nothing that competes with high end German cars
Typical Burger.

explain this compucuck

>posting a non-argument to dodge the fact that German electronics a shit since forever and result in high maintenance

typical Eurocuck

Don't understand what "exporter" means.

Correct.

>implying not everyone and their mother uses Bosch electronics.

>Germany gets all those amazing companies
>America has Ford, Chevy, and Caddillac

Wow feel free to end my life any time.

>2017
>opel in usa