/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

[SLURPING NOISES] Edition

Burned and abandoned by posters: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S8Y9M1c7p0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

KOSM

Reposting my bullshit

Hi everybody,

After our last vg league manager fucked off and never was seen again I decided to become our new vgl manager andto revive the /bbg/ team. However I can always need help so if you're a Pro evolution soccer crack or have experience in 3d modelling and want to help giving this community the team that it deserves please contact me at [email protected].

executioners r gay

Only BLT, but I feel that at some point the evelyn will just wreck everything.

>Shoot logarius
>arrows/bullets curve around him

O-oh

what the hell guys you said amelia is easy boss

still getting my ass kicked by orphan
pls help
pass is lol

She is, if know what you are doing.

pls dont downscale me

Claim your weaponfu and tell us why you love her
Rifle Spear was my main weapon in my first run and I love the transformation attacks

>go behind her
>her fur cover whole screen
>cant see whats shes doing
>get swiped to death
wow

Burial Blade has beautiful transformation attacks and great animations. Love the sound effects on it, and the range of its tricked mode.

Well if you stick to guns from the start, early game until you get the Repeating Pistol might be pretty challenging. Even more if you don't rely on viscerals. After that, it should be somewhat easy if you're also using BMA. Blood Bulleting is definitely recommended.

AYY BREEDING

are blades of mercy ok if i have no points in arcane at all

>invade a guy
>he gets to low health and starts running away
>fire a single arrow in his back and he's down
>feel slightly bad for a shooting a guy in the back

w-what??

Then don't get behind her, clown.
Yes, ARC is useless for BB, BoM, and Amy Arm. Go 50 Skill with 27.2 gems and you're golden.

>kosfags

I'll be there in a few minutes. You're by the fog right?

Reiterpallasch

Nothing compares to parrying someone with the trick

This bad boy, just go through everything.
Come at me spear faggots.

where are you ringing?

outside the fog soon, got him down to 30% just now and he wreck'd me with those juice balls FUCK

Bowblade. Sleek and sexy silver. Love bows. Love curved swords. Best of both worlds.

>tfw get slightly turned on when swearing oath to Annalise

>tfw ever since reading that post about an user who dreamt of BB, you start doing the same
>but you start dreaming about /bbg/ hunters as well
What the fuck

I asked in the last thread what the best version of the beast claws was, because the OP doesn't actually have anything I didn't know about them. I just don't know much about gems.

Chikage, I know it's edgy as fuck but that moveset is really satisfying, especially the tricked R2's.

Read the Chalice Pastebin, because weapon versions are literally the first things addressed.

ringing

>higher ng cycles don't provide better story mode gems
why

Weapon version is basically irrelevant. There is no "best".

Having said that, for Beast Claws, you might just want the standard version, for either three 27% Phys gems or two 27%s and a Heavy abyssal. You probably don't need/want a Waning slot.

Chalice pastebin has a link for best blood gem setups, and search for individual blood gems on google for specific gems

I dream about bb all the time now. Mostly spelunking in first person with my friend. you dream about stuff you like and that's on your mind. Enjoy it.

Majestic! a /bbg/ poster is a /bbg/ poster even in a dream

not finding anything m8

Is the saif great as a bolt weapon because it only does thrust dmg? So aby thrust only dmg weapon is great with bolt, right?
Dies the oil buff disappear when someone with fire paper attacks?

just died, about to ring again

Putting an elemental gem on a weapon completely removed all of its physical damage, of which blunt and thrust are a part.

Question, is possible to farm good gems offline?

I don't have psplus enabled right now and I won't until the end of the month because I lost my job and my new one won't pay till the 30th.

Thanks.

>making an arcane build
>25/35 currently
>realize nothing requires 25 str
>even the wheel only needs 20
>could have just stopped at 18 str and put the extra 7 points into end

Did I get fucking memed on? You people told me 25/50 was THE arcane build. Fucking HMLS doesn't even deal the full listed arcane damage, I'd be better off converting a LHB.

Not efficiently, but it is possible. You'll have to make your own FRCs and hope they have the bosses you need to farm. You won't be able to access glyphs.

No, Saif mainly does Phys damage with a few attacks doing blunt or thrust. Converting to fire/bolt/arcane removes all Phys damage, which includes Blunt and Thrust. The moveset is great on it and not being serrated doesn't matter for Kin which are weak to Bolt.

so satisfying knocking crows out mid air

No one cares about your faggot soccer game

Anyone wanna help a scrub with ludwig?
Pass is bbg

Well, you stupid anime poster, 25 is a cap, and it's efficient to hit it to bring out as much damage as you can with a limited BL build like that. The point of 25 isn't to hit the minimum requirements.
Learn about the HLMS and its attack modifiers before complaining. ARC attacks in untricked are 50% of the physical attacks, and in tricked mode they are 70% of the physical attack modifiers.

Stupid animeposter.

The reason you go to 25str is because it's the first softcap. It also fits on BL98 builds so there's no reason not to.

Don't think about HMLS as an arcane weapon. It shines with 25/25/50, which is possible to fit on a BL115 Cruel Fate.

Thanks lads

Fuck off asshat, there were some dudes asking where our team is during vgl 7.

Sorry guy who is helping me, but my connection is too shit right now for some reason and I am playing very poorly

>tfw 2-10 on invasions

Why must I be so shit

Threaded Cane is my waifu

>Learn about the HLMS and its attack modifiers before complaining. ARC attacks in untricked are 50% of the physical attacks, and in tricked mode they are 70% of the physical attack modifiers.
That's not exactly accurate. Maybe for the R1s, but not anything else.

That was my inkling, but I couldn't find any specific advice, thanks

16/12/50 HMS is ass, the extra points in Str to meet the first softcap really benefits it. Same goes for Tonitrus, Boomhammer and Wheel with Nourishing gems.

Any lorefags here, recently I was thinking that if we ever get a Bloodborne sequel (and probably won't based on what Miyasaki said) who would the the major characters/antagonists?

To my understanding we basically slaughter every single importante person in the bloodborne universe.
The first hunter and his best apprentice Maria.
The first Vicar and a couple of other Vicars.
Williem and he was already old as fuck anyway.
Micolash and the old one that Mensis created.
Mergo and the Queen.
Ludwig and a fuckton of OP blooddrunk hunters.
The moon great one along Ebrietas, the emissary, the failures and Rom.

Like who the fuck would remain to stirr shit up?
The doll probably is just going to have hot barbie sex with the tentacle hunter and chill.

Well now I'm 2-11 but mother fucker had an invisible cooperator

It's true for everything that doesn't use a bullet or L1 button.

Only really important one I can think of is Caryll.

Yharnam is absolutely destroyed after this hunt, everyone's dead or a beast. It's another destroyed civilization like pthumeru after the night ends.

>tfw read about the theory that the events of bloodborne is the dream of the old one from demon's souls and can't get it out of my head now

No it'll just be another town with the same aesthetIt's built literally on top of yharnam and you find references to it everywhere and also the doll is there still somehow

Bloodborne is a self-contained story and world, that's why it's so good, it's so fucking TIGHT.

The only possible sequel would take place outside of Yharnam in some other city, like the one Valtr came from, as he chased a beast into Yharnam. But what is there to see or even do? We've seen it all, there's no twists to be made that don't ruin what there is already. Bloodborne is perfect as is. The only thing it would do well with is standalone DLC.

Considering Astral Clock has Caryll runes on it, Caryll lived a long time ago. So unless she's transformed like Willem or sits in some Dream/Nightmare like Maria she's probably dead too.

Forever and always

Church Pick forever and ever.

>The only thing it would do well with is standalone DLC.
I want more Chalice Dungeon regions

>want to do arcane build
>hate the idea of save-scumming
>acane build and spend forever farming or strength build and it be easier
;_;

Simons Bowblade, just wish getting it early wasn't such a bitch.

It's got a great moveset as a sword and is always a blast to use as a bow, does incredibly good damage with BT and SKL scaling.

22.3% Physical droplets from DLC Winter Lanterns should be enough for PvE.

this. they could add this and they wouldnt risk ruining the main game. dungeons (or atleast the story ones) suck anyway so fuck it

I got almost all of these gems in four days of farming a couple hours a day, after getting an initial couple Colds to get started some time earlier.

All told it was probably 10-12 hours of farming.

Just change the fucking textures of each area, give them all unique actual looks instead of the same thing with filters.

Strength builds have to savescum HBLB for Heavies too. Secondaries don't matter much for Cold Abyssals.

is this gem any good:
>Cursed Sharp Damp Blood Gem (6) [Triangle]
>SKL scaling +27.2
>ATK vs the kin DOWN -11.3%

??

It's not the one I was looking for, but I read it was kinda rare.
I know STR scaling gems go up to +65 but I guess SKL ones do not? Why?

>there will never be a custom chalice dungeon Mario-maker esque mechanic
I just want to see how many red spiders you can drop into an area before the game runs at -10 FPS

youtu.be/S8Y9M1c7p0Y

should really trim the rest of my clips

If there was a bloodborne sequel we would be a new person because that's how Souls games work.

You don't get to be an established character, you are a costumisable with a backstory you can make up, even if that would make the story dumb (see Dark Souls 3 and the whole ashen one thing that's never eveb explained in-game). It would just be a new city with a name that half resembles Yharnam (lorDRAN, DRANgleic, LONdor) and made to be constructed on too if the original Yharnam to excuse rehashes of events.

We already know what a sequel would be like story-wise: shitty fanfiction.

Someone please

You mean farming the lanterns before Orphan?

Not really any good. SKL scaling gems are useless. Only ARC and STR have +65 Abyssals.
Why? Don't know.

>is this gem any good:
Kek. No.

>I know STR scaling gems go up to +65 but I guess SKL ones do not? Why?
Hopefully it was a conscious decision on Big M's part to keep Skl weapons from being even more OP.

Technically the only reason they don't exist is that the bosses that drop them aren't found on lower Layers.

It's rare but useless. Heavies and Colds are the only scaling gems worth farming since they go up to +65. From most likely didn't want Skill builds to have higher AR than Strength builds, and Arcane builds really needed the buff.

BL?

the game runs in slow motion at 10 fps if there are too many poison-gas goblets next to eachother. You don't even have to be looking at them, just be in the general vicinity

Yes

You're not a scrub, you're just significantly underleveled.

I'm 120, but I'm bored trying to take Orphan on. I beat him first try in NG but NG+ is a different story. Guess I'm just impatient.

On my way.

Where is this "Cleric Beast" people keep talking about? I just beat Daddy Big-G

Also, I'll be by the fog.

On the bridge before Gascan. Same one with 2 werewolves.

On the great bridge.