AMERIFATS BTFO

>German vice-chancellor Gabriel reacts to Trump's remarks about how it is unfair that there are a lot of German cars in the US but almost no American cars in Germany.
>"Well maybe you should build better cars then."

businessinsider.de/ap-german-vice-chancellor-rejects-trumps-german-car-remarks-2017-1

I'm sure economic isolationism will lead to higher quality cars when the competition is removed and thus so is the incentive to make a quality product.

he isn't wrong

>how it is unfair that there are a lot of German cars in the US but almost no American cars in Germany
It's funny because the Burgers have grey import bans and we don't.

For all his machismo and shitposting behaviour Trump sure does complain a lot about things being "unfair" or "stacked"/"rigged" against him and the US in general. He does not hesitate to unleash barrages of deeply personal insults against people he does not like, but as soon as someone criticizes him (on a much less personal level), he complains about it being "unfair" or even "rude". What a shitter.
Also how does he explain the fact that there are plenty of Japanese cars in Germany?

Yeah, he's a thinned skinned bitch when he believes things are going against him. He even sued a Nevada county because they remained open after closing hours while people will still waiting in line to vote. It's going to be a fun 4 years.

I'm 90 percent sure this is because German cars in Germany are cheaper than the ones here.

Trump or Gabriel?

i usually hate that fat fuck Gabriel (aka the German Chris Christie) but this is great

Not trying to be a dick, but where the fuck have you been in the last 14 months?

Trumpets love to call out "m-muh PC culture" while their retard in Chief cries on tweeter at 3 in the morning when a comedy show makes fun of him and his fee fees are hurt

Trumptards cognitive dissonance is astounding

As an American, good show. I want to see more politicians showing Trump just how stupid he really is.

Did you really just post this a second time

We all know that American manufacturers suck ass but nobody cares because they dug their own fucking graves

/thread part deux

Maybe it's because your piece of shit country taxes anything that's not domestic to hell. People would buy mustangs if a regular GT didn't have 30k in taxes on it. In fact, aren't American cars considered a status symbol in some parts of Europe and especially in Asia?

Germany has some of the more sensible taxes on cars out of all European countries, and even in the most retarded countries the taxes have nothing to do with the car's country of origin.

>nonymous
01/16/17(Mon)11:58:08 No.16499064
Maybe it's because your piece of shit country taxes anything that's not domestic to hell

Huh so does America....really makes your combover tingle

But we don't tax differently. Foreign cars are subject to the same value added tax and registration taxes as domestic cars. The only differences arise from grey import taxes. The Mustang here costs almost the same as in the US, only with shipping and value added tax on top.

It's not our fault that Americans can only build plastic boats with anchors for engines that no one right in their mind wants to drive.

I've been staying up to date? Just because it was already true 14 months ago doesn't make it less true now.

>pay over 100k for a car
>get welds that look like thiis

>we all know that American manufacturers suck ass

Veeky Forums definitely does not know that.

>American cars
>Status symbol

Please. American car culture in Asia is similar to what the JDM scene in the US is, though even smaller and even more underground. The most mainstream part of it is slapping infiniti badges on JDM Nissans like the Skyline.

And in China, burger cars are basically considered just one step above chinese cars, which even the chinese acknowledge are shit.

Ironically in most of Asia the true status symbols are German cars.

Gabriel is a retard and 99% of what he says is wrong. But he's right there. American cars don't sell anywhere otuside of North America because they're simply inferior.

>Also how does he explain the fact that there are plenty of Japanese cars in Germany?
uhmmmm, the Axis?!

>mfw Germans are gullible enough to buy American cars with the logo swapped
Enjoy your Chevy Bolt

And vice versa, enjoy your Opel Insignia.

I don't see any problem here.

Gabriel. I can't see any reason for a German to buy an American car.

Why would GM or Ford export cars from the US to Germany?
They have their own divisions in Germany already. Opel and Ford Germany do fine as far as I know.

>expecting the Drumpf to know

Opel and Ford Germany are independent subsidiaries with plants and headquarters in Europe, they pay all their corporate taxes to Germany and not the US and that's what Trump doesn't like.