/domg/ - Dominions General

Previous thread Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuklearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Around elves watch yourselves

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AutisticRPGame
llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=AutisticRPGame
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for leaving it all behind.

1st for peaceful pigfucking realm invaded by giants

dang

Nth for APOYO DE LOS MAGOS

NotFirstth for unlikely Ermorian triumph

top kek I was on a hungover and forgot to script my cap's units. GG no re

>top I was on a hungover and forgot to script my cap's units. GG no re

aw you killed my indie siege chaff

Yo Oceania I'm taking the province to the east of Marverni's Cap to even up my borders; no designs on the forest north-west of it

Good evening gentlemen, due to the extinction of the Marverni people Oceania has been forced to act. the following lands are Designated Protected Conservation Preservers for Boar Folk (DPCPfBF) for the following provinces: Stream of Steel (40), Skin route (50), Wood of memory (49), Shard woods (33), and Tame Forest (29).

these provinces will be run by our top Capricorn officials to assure the culture and legacy of the boars are not exterminated in these trying times. Have a good day.

on another note does abysia have screen shots of how his battle went with ulm?

There was no decisive battle yet. He thinks I will commit to fighting his force on his capital, which I may do. Or I may just conquer all of his provinces and preach. The sensible thing to do would be to cede the provinces I ask for and to peace out. I hereby declare that I do not wish to exterminate, I find the lava people rather... funny and amusing. Also my new Hydromancers can only spell doom for them.

Thank fuck, an OP with a related image

Redo the turn ya dip and then resend it. Do it for us

I TOLD YOU
I TOLD YOU ABOUT BATS
IT MIGHT STILL BE A NEWBIE GAME

BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED

How do you boost from D3 to D5 without already having D5 or rings of wizardry/sorcery?

If it's a living mage, you can try casting twiceborn and dying. Empowering can always be considered, especially if you're REALLY going for dem tarts.

Also, there's black book of secrets.

>modest bat expansion

Also, is that summod?

no mods

game creator was also a newbie

Oh, then you're fucked. Vanilla bats require a global coalition to beat

skull staff + empower

Oh, then bats have probably already won unless they get gangbanged by all nations at once.

Remember what Chimori did, then remember that Xibalba is much, much, much stronger as a nation.

"I TOLD YOU ABOUT BATS"
I have literally been saying exactly that since like... turn 8?
To every player
And I'm pretty sure one of them informed on me to Xibalba.

"Newbie Game"

Bats can lose to a lot of things but generally those things are things new players are bad at doing, like formations and early battlemagic. There's also a gap between expansion and massed earthquaking ozelotls where they are significantly more vulnerable.

Also amusingly they lose to elves in a straight fight, but can raid better than elves to make up for it.

The anime OPs were an innovative strategy to draw in the weebs.

But then you have weebs in your games.

Really makes ya think, huh

>tfw ozelotls come online before midgame answers

That's okay, they'd be scrubs and thus bullyable.

Autistic RP is go!

In this particular game, we'll all be super serious faggots that take our nations very seriously. No joke pretender names. Any gimmicks must be for the purposes of roleplaying. Think about your nation. Think about your Pretender. Think of how it came to be a pretender, why, and what its nation thinks of it. Speak IC whenever possible (whether that be as your pretender him/her/itself/, the prophet, a general, some emissary of your nation, what have you). Basicaly play make believe like a young autistic child.

10-15 players. EA, Summod and Worth Heroes required. Throne victory

Anyone has any criticisms of the map or settings now's the time. no bully I'm new at this

Sum1, the Furies spell is pretty good in ME since it has a chance of muting/feebleminding blood hunters.

>super serious faggots that take our nations very seriously. No joke pretender names.
Wow, what a good idea to make this an anonymous game then.

I'm torn on the map. I genuinely like Hexawyr and think that it's one of the best balanced maps of its size, while still being quite pretty. On the other hand, it also has hexes and such on the map, which seems out of place for a roleplay game.

>Game will start as soon as all pretenders are in.
Please turn this off so that I can claim my nation while still working on my pretender's lore. Otherwise you'll end up with like 'placeholder awake monolith' and no one wants that

idea: publish it on the steam group

pls dont make me open steam

RPers are shy and without Anonymity how will Ermor and C'Tis do their erping?

I will.

What would that do?

...how do I turn it off? I don't see the option.

I guess I should release newest summod soon rather than piling more stuff on.

llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=AutisticRPGame
Click the button that says
>Turn off automatic start

Nevermind, found it. Thought it was under 'modify game settings" but it's not.

I would join, but two PBEMs already feel like a burden to me.

Add ME

>What would that do?

beyond getting more members, people announcing their nations would ensure trolls can be removed.

I like that it has the bloodhunters separate from the capricorns

That said, hold off on the storm demon flying Uw changes, because my pretender atm is going to be an ascendant storm demon.

Your scribes drew hexes on the map

Magic enhanced? People voted against it.

I'm not gonna play but can you keep us updated with diplo-talk, pretender names and what is going on. Would be appreciated.

Sorry; my god doesn't post on mongolian basketweaving RSS feeds.

I don't recognize trolls by sight because I do not steam group, and I don't trust random Veeky Forums folks posting on steam to inform me of this correctly. The surest insurance against trolls is to not be an uptight faggot that provides easy laughs.

Arcoscephalians shitpost in the Assembly all the time so will do: I don't see any reason why diplomacy can't happen here too.

no I mean ensuring people who post meme pretender can be removed and not let back in.

nothing stops a troll from rejoining when you are fully user

Thanks m8

There's a 96% chance that you'll regret this.

>An unexpected event has occurred at Arcoscephale
>Suddenly the hero Diogenes of Sinope appeared at our gates, took a dump, and left

Dom4 Diogenes never did the BEHOLD A MAN bit though
because any poor hypothesis that defines Caelum as sub-human is good enough.

I don' have a border with the bats. Maybe you could ask Vanheim to take his bless stack over there instead of fucking with me.

This begs the question if EA pangea was worried about bats all game why didn't he patrol his lands for them?

Because that would be racist

"Newbie Game"

But it would be perfect for this sort of game, even if it is OP af.

Sorry. The demos has spoken.

Yeah. You think his harpies are just gonna racially profile like that?

Can somebody upload the PDF or txt ME changelog? I can't open a rar on mobile.

Game: FourthTurning
Turn number 1
Next turn due: 08:07 GMT on Monday January 9th

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Atlantis 2h file received
>>>>>>Berytos Waiting for 2h file
Caelum 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Fomoria 2h file received
Hinnom 2h file received
Helheim 2h file received
Kailasa 2h file received
Lanka 2h file received
Machaka 2h file received
Marverni 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Niefelheim 2h file received
Oceania 2h file received
Pangaea 2h file received
Pelagia 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Sauromatia 2h file received
Therodos 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Tir na n'Og 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Ur 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received
Xibalba 2h file received
Yomi 2h file received

Come on man.

Hey there
How do you expect us to RP?
Only in-game messages and actions?
Or when we post it here or someplace else too?

What do you envision it to roll out?

Whichever/both you feel like unless anyone objects?

Is it possible to enlarge giants, such as Niefels, or similar?

Yeah, in-game and on this thread.

>someone took mictlan before me in autisticRPG
welp i'm in 10 games already anyway

what if
I join as Therodos
and we ERP a gangbang?

Joined as Niefel.

I believe the enlarge spell only takes you up to size 4

Ozelotls need to be massed to function ideally. They get preferentially targeted by mages so if there's a only a few they can be sniped with the right script. Also you want more than a few if you have b9, so the enemy mages have more chance of using big aoes, not killing an ozelotl, and dying due to the cumulative BV.

Regardless, it's not as much of a meme as people think, but domg's chronic inability to do anything but gang up on the wrong targets and lack of skill streaming mean they are often stronger than they should be.

>OP
>ME

Like what. There were some problems with people layering ME and Summod changes to certain units (pretty much only tarrasques), but what else about it is op?

That's the amulet. The spell does not have that limit.

Anybody know how to get the pbem manager to work?

Whats a pbem manager?

Just use your email, you triple nigger

>he didn't hire a manager to receive and send his turns
Get a load of this guy

An application that allows you to preserve your sanity while playing PBEM games.
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/

Actually, anybody know how to put your saved games folder into dropbox? That'd work instead.

AI the fucker right now.

Turn 1 AI? I think you'd be better unstarting and kicking, but I guess it doesn't matter with so many players

With that many players it's best to resign yourself to the full turn time transpiring every single turn.

Give him his four hours. Hardly a difference when you're on 48 hour turns. Sucks that he took my first pick and then staled turn one though.

Trying to get into this game, went through the tutorial and played a few PBEMs but still feel a bit overwhelmed. Are there guides anywhere for scripting units or what I should be shooting for on basic army compositions? I still don't really feel like I have a grasp on what I should be doing as far as those things are concerned.

Just be yourself man.

It depends

What nation/s do you like to play?

Everyone's smiling too much for that to be dominions 4.

How soon are we gonna start? I'm interested but I don't really have time this week and maybe not next week.

When the game's full and people are ready.

What's the goal of the game? Is it still a "win at all costs" game, or is it a "play for fun and don't end the game prematurely" game?

Also I feel like for an RP game, the map should be Valanis.

We're RPing pretender Gods so I figure it's still playing to win and kill everyone but maybe less formal pressure to min/max rather than use fun/gimmick/thematic stuff.

>Also I feel like for an RP game, the map should be Valanis.
I considered that but wasn't sure there was enough water. Had a couple people say they wanted water nations already. desu there aren't very many great RP game maps that aren't fuckhuge or too small.

Yeah but I won't be ready for a while and don't want to hold folks up.

Literally nothing wrong with going fuckhuge for a RP game.

>Yeah but I won't be ready for a while and don't want to hold folks up.
Just wait a bit and see how fast it fills up then I guess? I don't want to hold it up for two week for one person but if it's going to take awhile anyway...

>Literally nothing wrong with going fuckhuge for a RP game.
I suppose that's true but still, it's a pretty big gap. It's basically something this size or 40 province per player mapgasms

>40 province per player mapgasms
desu I love this kind of thing.

I also have an appropriate map I've been working on but it won't be ready in time or even really nearly so at the rate it's been going.

desu I'm not totally happy with this map choice anyway so if people have better ideas and most players agree on it I'd be happy to change.

I'll give a vote towards Valanis.