Eve Online general /eog/

Cynosural edition

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
Yes

>Can I make enough ISK as an Alpha to PLEX?
No

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed)

Future:
>2017/01/09 is the last day to receive the 12th YC119 gift!

Present:
>Winter War

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
Previous: Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=3681&b=7375457&e=90&t=raeq
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YaOY7_KD4U4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shin'Alor post feet

>we now have an alliance with 2 Astrahus, a Fortizar, and a Raitaru in a C3

You say this as if it's an achievement. It's just proof that you're a group of retards that don't know how to manage resources well, and just erect structures in useless, boring wormhole classes.

You thinking you "ran out of content" just shows you never had an idea about content is in the first place.

Oh no! Looks like somebody is playing the sandbox wrongly! Again!

>2017
>hiclass WHs
Pick one

>hurr durr I'm bored of the game
>I must be playing it right!

>every mmo ever

I'd love to be playing the game wrong and there's a wealth of content that I have yet to unlock. What do you suppose I should do now then? I'm willing to be wrong.

>What do you suppose I should do now then?

You know, achieve something that doesn't boil down to buying PLEX to fund shitty industrial projects.

Anyone knows any good duplicate image recognition software?

>implying I'm that user
What part of "built 7 titans" you didn't understand?
Just because he's only now shitting up the wormhole space with structures doesn't mean he "never had an idea about content is in the first place"

Stop judging people based on one thing, when they shower you with dozens other things. Literal cherrypicking.
You're however right in one regard: he didn't run out of content

>Just because he's only now shitting up the wormhole space with structures doesn't mean he "never had an idea about content is in the first place"

The fact that he's posting about it as an achievement shows that he has no idea what the best parts of this game are.

>Stop judging people based on one thing

I have enough experience with the people in this thread to know that 9/10 times they're myopic retards who can't see outside of their own bubble of habits and prejudices.

>The fact that he's posting about it as an achievement shows that he has no idea what the best parts of this game are.
Would you mind letting me know what the best parts of the game are? As I've said before, I'm entirely open to being wrong.

Small-medium gang PVP and drama

Sitting in my slaved mach in lowsec staging, waiting for paplinked fleets :) Duh, the scrubs itt.

>Small-medium gang PVP and drama
Have you ever FC'd before? Once you learn which engagements to take and set up a half-decent intel channel, gang PVP becomes more boring than mining in sov null. As for drama, if that's what makes this game fun, maybe I am playing it wrong.

Someone give me life changing amounts of ISK/items please. Fore Twentay in game

Maybe you need to get out of cucksec and the predictable security of intel channels and local.

Is rattlesnake as op in practice as it is on paper?

>op
Rattlesnek is perfectly balanced.

Visipics

It's not op, it's just very good for certain things (having big tank and DPS). It suffers from having to use 2 non-instant damage systems, one of which can be cucked in 100 ways (drones), and one of which either applies badly, or gets cucked by reloads.

It's a good stationary PVE ship and a reasonable small gang PVP ship, but it fails at blob warfare and situations that take mobility.

Let me rephrase then:
Is ratelsnek's paper stats representative of its actual power?

do all sites in C4> wormholes have sleepers?

Shin

>cucksec
I see how that phrasing could have led to some confusion. The roams are in null and low, it's not that hard to plan out an area to roam and set up an intel network in that area. Whether it's solo or gang, the biggest skill you can have in PVP is learning which engagements you can and can't take.

If you're seriously telling me to whelp my fleet by not exercising the most important skill in PVP because I'm bored, you're the "myopic retard" in this scenario.

yes, it's completely retarded

yes, pirate faction relic sites only spawn in C1-C3

Join broski if ur good

that means no wormhole cucks fyi

>ez isk does not exist

You can train roughly 2M SP in a month with a PLEX, extract that and you end up with 2.5B ISK worth of injectors. Buying a PLEX and 4 extractors will run you about 1.9B with a profit of 600M. If you're dead set on not paying for PLEX, setting up an alt to farm SP is a simple option.

Alternatively, you can use this on your main as a reskill without losing any SP and making a profit.

Is /eog/ siding with TEST or Stainwagon/Goons in this war? I need to know which side to support.

>supporting TEST

>supporting Goons

>supporting EVE

Unfortunatelly the lesser evil. And russians are pretty cool if they don't want to kill you.

>/eog/

>siding with goons ever

when will SIRMOLLE WILL LEAD THE BAND OF BROTHERS TO A TRIUMPHANT VICTORY ONCE AGAIN LADS?

>T1 battleships are shit
>no reason to fly them over pirate BS
Explain this, /eog/: evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=3681&b=7375457&e=90&t=raeq

>he needs to keep shilling his only moment of relevancy in years

>people putting 1k ISK buy orders for blue loots in station with seeded buy orders
What's the point of this?

I want to buy the nestor so bad.

Just to explore with it..

But thats stupid.

And I will be judged.

What is an astero?

is flying through wormhole after wormhole until you find a good one a thing?

What are bubbles?

T1 Battleships need their resistance bonus reverted back to 25% or buffed further to combat this shitty artillery meta.

Yes it is, that's how i usually find quiet holes and come back with 200+ mil

After a mere 47 hours of exploration that is.

I actually just did a 40 min run and got 120 mil out of it.

Thanks for the misclick mr russia

Sure, if you exclude the 4 days you haven't found a single site after or before.

>4d
Lmao literally how shit are you

What, how do you not find a site

In the sense that literally everything is either combat or gas, whether in null or wormholes. 4 days is not real but I'm not the only one who have reported more than 15 exploration hours in a row without a single viable site.

>camp with 3 fucking falcons
Jesus fuck

If you honestly can't find at least 3 sites an hour in whs, you are retarded and doing it wrong.
You should average around 50 mil per hour imo with alpha skills.

Obviously this requires not dying, and so as you can't cloak, I reccomend day tripping/returning to home base once you hit 50 mil.

What's the deal with Broski North? Are they a /v/ corp?

300 fleet with 200 t1 bs defeats 75 man t1 bs fleet without logi
no shit nigga

join half empty!

>less than 100 brave lose to 200+ PL in alpha typhoons.

I already noted that only alliances like PL, brave, Test and goons actually use T1 battleships even then. PL only uses the typhoons for raw numbers because they can only form like 150 t3C's in comparison

oneiros

>french

no

t. mach babbi

t. never explored

t. no sp scrub lord

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YaOY7_KD4U4

>it's not an isolated event
>IT'S A ISOLATED EVENT REEEE WHY DON'T YOU EXPLORE FUCKING ALPHA REEE
ok kid

>50m/hr with exploration
Seriously, I can't even break 5m/hr with nullsec-grade relics.

I can make around 15m/h but 50 is a retarded number made up by someone who's only using their peak gains and ignoring all their downtimes and slumps.

personally I make about 30m/h taking into consideration all the time invested

Maybe you know a secret region or are in a large corp that controls a good region, that's the only way I can see such numbers being possible consistently.

>if anyone makes more isk he is lying

Ey, believe what you want.
In a good hour you can make 150mil easily, in a bad one you obviously make 0.
I average around 50mil/hour at the moment, however I often play just after server restart.
If you don't like it, stop, just more isk for me.

I don't understand all the hate explo gets, try literally anything else instead then, you will be back.

comfy sunday night janitor simulator
one abandoned mission site more than paid off the destroyer, now I can afford some tractor beams!

>ywn enjoy this kind of thing being exciting ever again

>9 mil in loot
>salvaging destroyer
>>>>no tractor beams
>>>>L2 missions

Jesus fuck user why, do you enjoy torturing yourself for pennies? This is like getting into low contract collateral hauling.

There is no isk/hr in explo when 95% is travel. You are fucking retarded

>m-muh autism raw data

I get more money doing C2's with a shitfit Myrmadon than I get from explo. Relic sites are usually 8-10m each (Not each can), with the rare rare RARE cans giving 20m in them, with 2 empty cans next to them.

I'll keep mining fullerites, thanks. Not sure if there's a good ship that can run all five harvesters at once, or if it's worth it to abandon the Prospect bonuses (80m3 gas per 29s is pretty nice) in favor of a tankier ship.

back in the day we used gas harvesting feroxes

sorry, I thought I was having fun

>log in to old account just to see what I could do playing the game for free
>its literally nothing

we need more people to fall for the exploration meme
t. exploration module salesman

>In a good hour you can make 150mil easily, in a bad one you obviously make 0.
Don't think anyone is refuting that. I'd go as far as to say that in a good 10 minutes you could be making 2b easily.
The thing is, this means precisely nothing. What we care about is average isk/h over an infinite horizon. If you think you can make 50m/h (or if anyone else thinks they can make more than 20m/h exploring), please, for posterity, stream yourselves (at least stream just your cargo window which you would leave open for the duration) for 10 hours of gameplay and preferably 20 (not necessarily consecutive, of course, but do make sure to always start with the same cargo content you ended up with at the end of the previous round)).

> however I often play just after server restart.
This, however, could also play into it.

What do people have against combat sites in WHs anyway?

Even the anomalies in a C4 have around 100m in blue loot. Whenever I find a quiet c4 I just bring my fleet of t3c alts and run sites and since the average anomaly takes like 20 minutes it's pretty good money.

I don't know anyone who has anything against wormhole combat sites. They're good money and they're not that hard to coordinate.

>What do people have against combat sites in WHs anyway?

What makes you think people have something against them?

tfw 0.01 isk war heating up

Good times. Too bad that faggot director decided to get us into nullsec to become meatshield.

>blitzing has lots of travel time
>>>isl per hour not possible

>those relic site payouts
How the fuck?
Like yeah combat anoms are great isk, but you have severly undersold non-combat sites there.

>exploration meme
Find something which can generate as much isk/h with equally low SP and isk investment.

>hey guyz I think 50mil per hour is not unreasonable
>stream to for 20 hours den
Uh, why? If you can't get it then fine, stop exploring. I will just make more isk off the empty sites you leave.

I am not sure why this general requires literal braindead income streams. You can have those if you wanna buy 3 plex or set up a few omega alts etc, but if you want to make isk on one/two/three alpha accounts, you are gonna have to git gud at Eve online.
CCP is not gonna hand out free isk, and imo due to the isk and SP investment along with the actual "difficulty" of exploring it is the best way to generate isk as an alpha, although this does not account for personal tastes (some autists just love mining).

There are a lot of meme incomes in this general (PD, PI on one character, Station trading without seed money, etc) but explo is not one of them.
Learn to use dscan, learn how to scan shit down, learn to win the minigame 9/10 times, and you are laughing to the bank. Yes, this requires actual skill unlike many MMO mechanics, however it means that if you are a quick learner with a few brain cells, you can make a much larger amount of isk than more SP/Isk intensive strategies allow for.

>blitzing has lots of travel time
Explo has lot lot of travel you dumb tard. Learn to read.

>hauling is 95% travel time
>hence isk/hour is impossible

Is this more similair?
It's still the same assumption that travel time somehow fucks the calculation of isk in wallet/how many hours it took

Hauling has a payment you accpeted before. There is no isk/hr

>Those relic site payouts
I wish I was memeing. I've legit had two relic sites where all the red cans had less than 500k in loot in them. Total. Granted I only do my delving in wormholes, but still when I average probably 50m in 10 sites (mostly relic) it reinforces the concept of "Why am I wasting my time on this?"

>42 jumps
>2 mil
>"yeh guyz this is an efficient use of my time rly, as the isk/hour equation doesn't accurately reflect hauling"

It's literally just raw data to see what kinda of income can be generated in an hour through various activities, it says nothing about the difficulty, travel time, morality, or risk involved in said activities, and it doesn't have to.
You are complaining that a statistic is not reflective of a data set which has literally no impact on it.

Are you saying we should use the raw data of jumps/isk, or jumps/hour if travel is so important to you? In which case Station trading with 10000 isk seed money and making 200isk an hour is objectively better income than L4 mission blitzing for 40 mil an hour, because station trading has less jumps involved?
Fuck off retard

I only wh explore and make that 50mil figure stated above in average.
Do you only check sub-C3 or something?
Are you calculating loss into your equations?
Do you often blow up cans?

Haven't played in like a year, is exploration still profitable after the game went f2p?