A little while ago I got a parking ticket at my university through the city police...

A little while ago I got a parking ticket at my university through the city police. It was for $21 and I haven't paid it because the E-payment couldn't find the ticket, im supposed to have court for it or whatever in the morning but I'm not going because classes start back tomorrow. Realistically what could happen and what should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/crime-penalties/failure-appear-court.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A bench warrant will most likely be issued for your arrest for failure to appear.

>what will happen
You get arrested and it goes on your record.
>what should I do
Go to court, wear the nicest clothes you have.

these

don't nigger it off
take care of your ticket
IT'S TWENTY ONE FUCKING DOLLARS YOU FUCKING INBRED

They wont actively pursue you, but a bench warrant will go out and if youre ever pulled over (or if the police ever randomly run your plates when driving behind you or something, which they do, trust me) then you'll be arrested, your vehicle will be towed, and you'll go to court then. You'll receive a fine, possibly limited jail time, have your license suspended for 6 months to 2 years, and the incedent will likely go on your record as a misdemeanor unless the judge is nice.

Just go to fucking court and pay the fine, its $21. Fucking niggers. Next time dont park without a permit or whatever it is you did. Why didnt you go into whatever office for transportation services your university has and pay for it in person? Take the initiative and you wouldnt have to deal with court summons.

Because it wasn't through my university, and I can't miss first day of classes

>B-but my c-c-classes!!!
>Mommmyyyyy!!!!

Also I tried to pay it but it didn't show up in the records due to shitty city of Memphis

>go to court

Is fucking $21, just pay the damn thing

I tried to already but it couldn't find it in the system and I literally can't miss first day of classes or I'm fucked for the rest of the semester

>I can't miss first day of classes
Did you get the ticket yesterday? No? Sounds like you're about to learn a valuable life lesson at university.

You will probably get arrested, have it on your record, maybe even lose your license or go to jail for a little bit. Youd rather do all that than miss the first few hours of classes? You could probably make it back in time for any classes later in the day.

Also my father was a criminal defense lawyer and I asked my mom what to do and she said nothing serious is gonna happen just go up to a precinct and pay it

You can't go to jail for a parking ticket, the maximum they can do is fine you

it is your responsibility to pay your ticket

if you don't
will happen and you will go from owing 21 dollars to owing a few hundred dollars, getting arrested and losing your license

jesus christ you are like a 10 year old
can you really not figure out how to handle a situation by yourself?
>oh no the online payment system doesn't work I guess I'll just ignore this until it goes away

You can miss the first day of class. Its easy, dont show up. Missed the first day of class. Life goes on. Also it doesnt matter if it wasnt through your university, go to their office and pay it. They dont care if youre a student or not, they just want your money. Make sure you get a dated receipt of payment.

Also, if you would have taken care of the violation without waiting this long then you wouldnt have to deal with missing the first day of class in the first place. Initiative. Take it. Dont wait for everything to handle itself, because it never does.

But you can for not going to court when summoned.

Your father is full of shit.
criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/crime-penalties/failure-appear-court.htm

I'm fine haha I'll just pay it after class it literally says basically shits not gonna happen

It's not a summons it's a citation

>Graduate here
Yes you can.

Have fun in federal prison nitwit

You graduated from Memphis?

That is patently false, if you fail to appear for court you can and will be arrested via a bench warrant. Unless you live in a podunk town where the cops have nothing to do, they won't break your door down and "Cops" you, but you better not ever get stopped for speeding or a broken tail light.

Lol been arrested before and got off with a slap on the wrist because the prosecutor knew me

It's a citation not a summons, so if I went to court it would just to be to fight it

You know what, never mind, you are a total dimbulb and I hope you do get arrested and put in jail for a $20 ticket, you deserve it and it's one less asshat on the streets.

Send a lawyer. Also, first day isn't that useful, get someone in your class to record the lecture on their phone.

Holy shit! This dude's got some sick connections!

Hell no, I got an engineering degree from a decent school so I wasn't a burden on myself and society.

I'd like to think OP was an elaborate and successful troll, but there probably are people that stupid out there.

Not a troll but if I miss a day I'll probably end up failing the class and getting arrested won't mess up my life

Gee you sure seem like the kind of guy that will benefit lots from going to college.

I'll have you know I graduated from a prestigious private catholic school in the top 5% of my class

Which translates into what real world success?

This is actually pretty complex bait. I almost fell for it. No one is this stupid.

PLUS HE'LL GET NIGGER-RAPED IN HIS BOOTY HOLE BY A 12 INCH AIDS STICK

He'll be in the top 5% of pedophile millionaires.

better than being a broke pedophile

what is bait?

Its called studying you fucking retard. It means READING BOOKS. That's literally all it takes. Sit your stupid nigger ass down and read the fucking book.