/classic car general/ - /ccg/

/classic car general/ - /ccg/

Hyfire edition

>Post your classic cars and trucks
>Blog about electrical gremlins
>Pray to the carb gods
>Argue about Mopar vs Ford vs Chevy vs Pontiac vs Buick vs Oldsmobile vs Cadillac vs Packard vs Hupmobile vs Deusenberg vs Auburn vs Edsel vs Cord vs Locomobile vs Hudson vs Studebaker vs AMC vs Graham

Other urls found in this thread:

mansfield.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=cadillac deville&max_auto_year=1979
youtu.be/dGxN_YCTqLs
youtu.be/FqT2uOa1-d0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Might as well repost some old garbage to get the thread going

Send me monies so I can do a 4.1 stroker and build the trans.

>custom rumbleseat

you need these valve covers

I remember this seized piece of shit very well.

Is Datsun allowed in here?

that must be a cunt to tune.

Yes I do.

>tfw no money to do the full build I want but the transmission is "slipping like a bitch"

Should I just get a regular rebuild or build the trans as if it's getting 600whp?

what trans are you planning on rebuilding?

The stock 200-4R

bumpin in new thread

I'd post this in qtddtot but I think you guys are more knowledgable.
Anyone know what this is? It kind of looks like a duster from the back but it's 4 doors. I can't quite make out what brand it is from the pic.

Hello friends

Suhhh dude.

sry meant to say it looks like a Chevelle not a duster

Orale vato

Ayy it's kit kat. How's the winter treating your cars?

Now that I have a heater, super good in the truck. The Acura is a beast in snow. Trucks been good though, I bought a motorcycle and the truck ride better with 500lbs in the bed

What vehicle would give you the most bragging rights in this general?

1964 Pontiac Banshee

btw, there's literally one for sale in Connecticut. 1 of 2 built. $750,000 if you want it. Pontiac SOHC I6.

Hemi cuda convertible.

Convertable a shit. Especially on muscle cars.

Ah, nice. I drive a 2wd white ford in the winter. Wisconsin salt is a killer to cars. Was thinking of putting a spare 460 i got in the bed for traction. Tarped up of course. Pic is spare 460

Plz help

69 Charger Daytona or a 70 Superbird. Or maybe a Plymouth GTX... Too hard to choose.

why not drop the 460 in the ol ferd?

i'm trying to figure it out. it's definitely not a chevelle or duster. not a mopar rear end.

Thanks. Let me know if you find something.

i was thinking it looked kinda like a 71 impala, but that's not it. do you have any more photos? it's not a small car, def a big boat

the closest I found so far is a 1976 Pontiac LeMans

It looks to be something from mid-70s GM. My money's on a Pontiac or Oldsmobile.

it looks like the last letter of the trunk decals is a T, so i'm looking at chevys

>pic related is me RN

Kind of reminds me of a Firebird rear end, with the tail lights. No clue what it could be though

Here's the only other picture I've got of the thing. It definitely looks like it says Chevrolet on the back and it kinda looks like the side has a badge that looks mildly like the Chevelle's. Stumped too but thanks for the effort. The door line also looks like chevelle.

I know for a fact the black car next to it is an Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Convertibles are excellent famalam

Rip frame. At least they use dirt in Denver.

At least here, 3 or 4 days after a snow the road are good enough that you can drive on them.

It's bugging me now, I can't seem to find what it is

those have to be aftermarket lights. it's a 70 chevelle.

You are right. If only we could figure out the white barge. It might be an olds since the dude who owns it looks to be an olds enthusiast.

is it?? fuck it doesn't look the same now that i'm looking at it

maybe it's a cutlass supreme? i can't fucking tell man. the bodystyles on the cutty and the chevelle are so similar but i can't make out the god damned tail lights

Can't be, look at the differences here

Looks likegot it the closest. Still, rear end is different but doors and rest of body is the same. Still, weird.

Thanks for the help lads.

i'll keep looking man, this is really going to bug me now

Actually this is the closest if you look at the rear door but Just the rear is different, it's an Oldsmobile of some sort

nevermind that looks pretty close too.
Maybe this is some kind of aftermarket tail lights on it? I can't seem to find anything with those lights

What car this is?

1972 Chrysler 300/New Yorker

right? i can't fucking tell. it's a 70 oldsmobile cutlass. i can tell you that. but i can't find ANYTHING with those tail lights.

or a chevelle, whatever the fuck this is. god damned gm rackin my brain at 12 at night

also beg my pardon for the repeated broken up posts, always bad for that

Lmao thanks for trying lads.
In a few days I might be able to see the car in person so hopefully I'll get an aswer. I'm pretty sure is some kind of olds but I'll let y'all know.

Chrysler did not make a 300 in 1972.

please do, it's really bugging me

new yorker then, woops. it's late

kek at the barge

>someone just posted it in a facebook group i'm in! it's a 1969 canadian Pontiac Beaumont

That's how I felt parking my truck in a standard garage. There was about 6 inches in front of the truck, and 8 inches in the back of the truck.

my previous car was this 79 coupe deville, that thing was a fucking monster and stuck out just about anywhere I parked it. man, i miss doing 120 on the highway in that bitch getting stares from people as this big ass land barge just flew past them

I did, that's me dude, lol
I figured the folks in Great American Landbarge would know.

It's a 68/69 Pontiac Beaumont guys

i thought it was kind of a weird coincidence, i just happened to check my facebook and there it was. i guess we couldn't find it cause it was canadian, i totally forgot to think about cars powered by maple syrup

Even as a Canadian, I never think of the Canada only cars cause they are generally rarer and not as well known

Bingo! Looks 80% identical save for the back up lights and the fact that mine has 2 taillight strips instead of 3. I'll confirm in a few days but well done!

Oops I'm slow. Thanks! I might consider picking this up if it's the V8. Is it complete trash?

I'm genuinely jealous, that's one of my favorite cars I've ever encountered. The truest definition of "slab"

No clue, but generally Pontiacs can be trusted

Oh, here as one guy said in the facebook post I made
" It was a Chevelle with different taillights and a Pontiac styled grill."

Cool. I'll check it out soon since I want to get into /cc/ and muscle cars on the cheap. Will keep posted.

425 and turbo 400 3 speed. good god that thing was my favorite car i've owned yet. even at over 100 mph that thing still floated. i had to get rid of it for cheap as hell because the frame was swiss cheese and i didn't notice it when i got it.

my pontiac should be rolling off the delivery truck here within this next week. hype.

I desperately want this rear end stuck to the rest of a 1969 Coronet.

What cars do you own?
>Mfw looking up coupe DeVilles on Craigslist
Fug tyrone

more like what cars HAVE i owned...
first car was a 77 Dodge B200 Maxi Van. (Pic related) 360/727
2nd was an 02 Ram 1500, 5.9 magnum
3rd was the glorious land barge of a Caddy
and now as my name suggests I'm buying AdVentura's 1976 Pontiac Ventura, engine swapped in from a 95 caprice highway patrol car

also yeah, I unfortunately sold my DeVille to Tyrone for way less than I paid for it (bought for 1300, sold for 600 due to the frame) and i cringe at the thought of my beautiful baby having big ass rims on her...

here's a bunch of caddys near me
mansfield.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=cadillac deville&max_auto_year=1979

This is the faith of your vehicle.

youtu.be/dGxN_YCTqLs

Fate*

please do not remind me of such horrors.
my love for cadillacs started when i was a little kid, my grandpa had an 85 sedan brougham in burgundy and it was the best fucking thing. my grandma gave me the original key after he passed away. i'm normally not spiritual, but when i bought my cadillac i thought i could feel him sitting next to me smiling, i fucking regret selling it so much. i thought it wasn't going to make it through the winter with the frame, and i didn't have anywhere to put it. turns out that winter, surprise, never came, and i could have kept it and fixed it.

More like youtu.be/FqT2uOa1-d0 since a basketball american isn't going to fix a damn thing on the underside.

Go out and try to get it back, dude. Tyrone can't keep it forever.
I know they're hard to hold onto, but if you ever get it back, keep it.
The only dude who's gonna treat your car as nice as you want them to, is yourself.

It's a Beaumont. Canadian GM marque

Yeah we figured it out, just took a bit

Oh.
Yeah I see that now lol
Sorry.

told myself i'm going to buy another one. i'm wanting to get a 60s sedan deville. tyrone has probably already snapped the frame in half trying to donk my old car out. i want a 59/60 because of those big ass fins on the back. this car embodies the word class to me

Wow the windshield and pillarless side windows are actually stunning.
Instant death in a rollover has never been this beautiful. I mean look at those a pillars.

by god if i die in one of those bitches I will die luxuriously! Witness me!

"The slow selling 300 series (non-letter car version) was discontinued at the end of the 1971 model run and was essentially replaced by the base New Yorker series, which itself was replaced by the New Yorker Brougham series."
- American Cars 1960-1972 - Every Model Year By Year

This. Though I don't understand the appeal of the convertible, I'm obsessed with the normal version.

Too bad a rusted out frame is 15k around here.

yea beg my pardon for my outburst on that, i'm dissatisfied with myself as a mopar fan for that one

Same about hard tops. They fit the muscle style so much better. Only exception is T-tops.

Normies and myself like the wind in your hair. It's really nice. Most people and myself don't care at all about torsional rigidity.

There are a handful of cars where a convertible is a lot of fun; personally, I hate the look of most of them, but the feel is unique.

Try renting a V8 convertible to get the idea.

Not him, don't care about that either, just think it looks meaner with a hard top. With a convertible you're all exposed, sort of like you're in a parade float or something to me.

I think the look is fine. A 66 mustang convertible looks better than the notch but not as good as the fastback. I grew up riding in them in California though so I'm very fond of the experience

Ah, yeah, South Dakota and Michigan here, that probably explains it.

Hell even in Denver they're great. We get 300 days of sunshine here. You'll be fine with the top down and the heater on down to about 30 degrees because of how dry it is. Most of the country though, humidity is the real mother fucker.

Is my 83 s10 blazer a classic car?

Put a stud in that front hub god damn

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

>mean
when will this die

Probably never