/ovg/ - Dr.Fan is going in reverce Edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/yEaQManH7v5i_goodonerfam.webm
mega.nz/#!J5ozxRwD!7AzbM0W9pTB0y3Bk4LsEcEyr49DBAQ757KH5ssK693c
simracingdesign.com/threads/sprint-cup-series-models.62032/page-6
www38.zippyshare.com/v/AgzvXblo/file.html
twitter.com/dirtgame/status/820993823446855681
my.mixtape.moe/djcxar.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=2Y3xSv5Cs6U
webmshare.com/play/XzZA3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone using a VR headset instead of a triple screen setup? seems like a cheaper more effective solution?

In what way do you think a $600 screen strapped to your head is cheaper than 2 monitors?

27" or 34" ultrawides are freaking expensive. 3 of them is definitely more expensive than an occulus. On top of that, you get more of your vision covered in screen with a vr headset.

you spelled "reverse" wrong remake the OP and try again.

What is the race pace for this track for GT3?

extremely hihg speed

>tfw find GT3 cars boring but they're the only thing i could actually drive worth a shit because i am bad driver
heck

If you have the monitors mounted close enough you can easily get 180deg horizontal FoV with regular 27s, maybe even 24s. 34" ultrawide is like, full cockpit shit and way better than a blurry unreliable headset. 27" ultrawide is probably more than enough even if you're just sitting the monitor behind the wheel entirely but you'd have to do the math.

In iRacing with SMP for better performance right now shit starts clipping into the camera at higher angles and they don't let you go past 160deg. I get 150 with 20.5s sitting a couple inches behind the wheel rim, which means like a car three lanes over will be visible 1/5th of a car length later than at 180deg and for a car right beside me it's a couple inches or so.

Field of vision tends to be somewhat limited in race cars because of the safety equipment and seating position anyways, unless you have your driving camera jacked up like a shit head.

who care

>wonder why the Hurrdurring GP circuit seems kind of unpopular in iRacing when it's generally a popular track
>turns out it it's like a bad rFactor port in performance and visual stability because their engine can't handle tracks as big as the full Burgerking properly
Like everything just starts twitching around and z-fighting because they can't use long enough numbers to locate objects accurately enough, what the fuck?

>he cant run a game from 2003

(You)

Is there a good 2-3 monitor setup for under 600?

(((Jew)))

@16502529
fuck off larguu

Fuck off newfaggot

Is there good monitors for under $190?

I mean if you have one monitor you like you buy two more of those and maybe a stand/mount unless you're going full simdad. You'll need more GPU than one screen but that applies to VR too.

For me I couldn't live without at least two monitors anyways. I needed a 1080p monitor so I bought one, then over a year later it went on sale as a two pack so I bought the rest to replace my dying 16:10 monitor and ancient 5:4. (actually there's a super crappy way to make mismatched monitors work too)

the rubberbanding is real

a.uguu.se/yEaQManH7v5i_goodonerfam.webm

>fucking britbong

purple car didn't follow the road, his fault

>purple car didn't follow the road
mhmmm

>road bends to the right
>purple car stays in a straight line and bangs into the green car

should the green car have gone off the course to avoid the purple car's ignorance?

no, he should have gone wide
where the hell would I go, in the grass?

it's a mystery desu

yes
it cost me well under $600

Dude, you don't need ultrawides.
just get 3 24" displays with good contrast and response times.

you do not need FPS-tier monitors for racing games nor is an ultrawide necessary, you give up vertical space that you could have otherwise with three large 16:9 monitors. you also gain huge adaptability with three separate monitors. You could decide one day that your outer monitors will be sideways in portrait mode, for advanced shitposting, and when you take your computer places (who am I kidding?) it's easier to carry a 16:9 than it is an ultrawide and it's less likely to break.

Once you set it up and bask in the glory of a full-eye view in a game, the bezels melt away and the immersion is incredible. I have a curved monitor as my center screen, which nicely overlaps with my outer screens.

How do you regain your fast, /ovg/?

Just spent 2 hours tryna touge on the track I've been practicing the past few nights. Despite having a lot of really good, clean, FAST runs last night and every other night this week, I'm just constantly fucking up/crashing tonight. Don't know if I just can't concentrate or what.

I'm getting pretty frustrated, here. Can not, for the life of me, figure out why I suck ten times harder than usual tonight.

adderall and anime music

youre getting mad that youre sucking ass which makes you drive worse so you get even more mad

I know, I'm going full-Nakazato.

anime music check, adderall is not. Already an insomniac, I don't need pill meth fucking me over worse.

I haven't spent more than $150 individually on any of my displays.

LG L246WP: $30, thrift shop, mild ghosting but telescoping, rotating stand

Asus VX228: $109, BB, standard 60hz flat panel, nice color and contrast

Samsung CF24390, $140, Office Depot, curved meme screen, 75hz, high contrast and the curve actually helps the other monitors hide their bezels behind it.

A single GTX760 will drive at least 4 screens and play rFactor on all of them. It's far cheaper to go triplehead than it is to get a VR headset.

Touge isn't real racing

I find it a thousand times more enjoyable than the GT3 shit you autists are always posting.

Doing a fat bong rip and then pretending I am Takumi usually works for me.

That's usually what I do, but weedman isn't back in town until Thursday and my other connects only sling mexibrick.

Maybe I'll just play something else for a couple days or try again tomorrow, shit.

>larguu complaining about getting crashed out yet again
how about not being shit so you can get away from everyone that supposedly crashes you out?

You fuckers I see ZERO applications to the ultimate team (Spork Juct PC Repair) in the ultimate automobile racing simulation (iRacing Motorsport Simulations). Send an application so we can have 4 or 5 people doing the Daytona 24h in the AMG on the off chance the server doesn't shit the bed and waste our money because we're sure as shit not doing it with 3 people.

I'm willing to believe 144Hz would be nice in racing games because you are traveling a pretty significant distance every refresh on 60Hz and muh REAL LIFE SMOOTHS FOR REAL LIFE SIMULATIONS but I am not spending $1500 to find out.

Can you still get the Asus VG248QE meme machine for $249.99 or has that ship sailed?

I thought that's 144hz, at least.. still, gonna' cost $750 or more when all's said or done assuming they're even still available.

GPU as well.

It really only matters in situations where the car is moving laterally to the driver's plane of view (for example, when jumping or drifting).
When the car is moving straight ahead the display isn't necessarily drawing a completely different scene every frame because there are parts that stay the same like the car cockpit, the "stripes" of the road, walls, and grass. Unlike an FPS or RTS where you're constantly looking around and a low refresh rate would cause tearing, the only time you'll only see tearing in a racing game if you're doing something ridiculous or the game itself is ridiculous.

a high response rate, high contrast, and high pixel density are the most important qualities for a simracing monitor because you need to be able to see all the way down the track and not have it degrade to a mess of pixels.

Yeah, you're right, wasn't factoring that in.

I'm up for Sebring in march

The reason you buy a 144hz monitor is for how much smoother everything looks, not because "muh tearing"

I was playing one of the F1 games the day I got my 144hz monitor and it felt so much better after switching because of how much more fluid the image is

45TH FOR REAL RACING 3

throw a race set on and go lap. Running hotlaps is pointless.

nice thread

8 hours of sleep

mega.nz/#!J5ozxRwD!7AzbM0W9pTB0y3Bk4LsEcEyr49DBAQ757KH5ssK693c

Some dude made an 10000 rpm 86 with the shell of the kunos 86, but it doesn't have exterior sounds.

If only the watmods dude actually had a contact info, I could've asked him, but if anyone knows how to fix it, feel free to do it.

Does it use custom sounds or the shitty kunos ones?

He said it's a custom sound, but I haven't tried it yet.

Meant to quote obviously.

use kunos sounds by inserting the numbers from guids in content/sfx to an up to date guids.ini in car folder

simracingdesign.com/threads/sprint-cup-series-models.62032/page-6

SRD DRAMA

There's always drama on SRD

They think my friend is behind these.

They're wrong.

it's what i would do anyway
I have that old malagoli civic running a gajillion rpm with calibra dtm sfx
www38.zippyshare.com/v/AgzvXblo/file.html

twitter.com/dirtgame/status/820993823446855681

Woah marko sucks a rotten egg, how dare he do that.

Have another {{{{{you}}}}}

>marko gets hit entering a corner
>doesn't get flipped
what the heck i hate assetto corsa now

t. cuck circuit shitter

dummies i only get flipped on saturdays

Epic

Haha yes, street racing with heaps of hairpins and unbalanced cars is really fun my dud3

>he doesn't appreciate overly tight streets that you can only barely get around
circuits are lots of fun too but i mean c'mon

i wanna jam it in hibiki

yes it is

my.mixtape.moe/djcxar.webm

Cyka oval
SERIES SOON(?)

>/turnleft 2/ finally happening
I can't wait

finally, a good series

what song?

Is this Marko Simulator 2017

youtube.com/watch?v=2Y3xSv5Cs6U

>combining my desire for shitboxes and street cars with many people's desire for oval series
you did it, you united the seven nations

wew
webmshare.com/play/XzZA3

>ovals
>ac
not gonna happen

HEY GUIS

If we ran the Megane Cup as a weekday series, would any of you fucks play?

What day/time/tracks? The Megane Cup isn't a great car really, limited setup options and slightly odd MR handling characteristics.

I know this is bait but
>yes

Which game?

sure. Something like 21:00 gmt would be fine for me on thursday or friday

rfactor 1
I was thinking thursday night ~22:00GMT
its a fun series m8
Tracks tbc but open to suggestions. Might run a mini-series first to gauge interest - how does Zandvoort, Brands Hatch, Laguna Seca and Bürgerking sound?

i'd be game for that, i should probably try out the car first though

>rfactor 1
trash

>rFactor 1
>Thursdays

>not rfactor pro
d r o p p e d

was rong wi dat

The bait part was since no ELITES like one make series or most people don't for some reason

Download the Megane Trophy Eurocup 2008 mod. The 2009 one sux

Anybody else here playing DiRT Rally? i just picked it up on ps4 and im having a ton of fun with it

except for these damn snow courses

Yeah I know what you mean. I've never understood that line of thinking though - its not like having a choice of cars gives shitters an advantage.
I think this series would be like GSCE lite - more shitter friendly yet quick enough to be fun and competitive

Elites are fine with one make series and you'll be seeing more of them in the future since you don't have to worry about balance or things fucking up randomly.

thanks! will do

Feels good being Elite

i'll join an actual series someday guys
i swear

Could it be good?

N O
O N

O O D N O O
O O
D N
N D
O O