What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DMuO-8S_0Wg
youtu.be/gVqzEE1O7ic
youtube.com/watch?v=BHIQtxLCgrM
telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/11472112/Jeremy-Clarkson-punched-producer-and-called-him-lazy-Irish.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Too much money and nobody to tell them that some ideas are stupid.

I feel the constraints of the BBC forced them to find creative solutions to problems they now just throw money at

it's not on netflix

>nobody to tell them that some ideas are stupid
this
/thread

i quite enjoyed the last few episodes
they are even throwing a few nods in to their previous show from killing of the unkillable car to the camaro, pickup, and lincoln they drove in the opening of the Nashville episode

>"heres a star"
>*dies outside*
>James May: "is he not coming on then"
INSERT LAUGHS FOR SAME JOKE AGAIN

The American.

>"lets test the car"
>"LE GOMMIES XDDDDD GOMMUNIST LOL BURGURRRSSSXDDDDD SPORKS"
>that was great lets do that every episode-executives

Sadly this.

its what made the star wars prequels such shit.

Because the BBC blocked them from having the show in a static building, and interviewing famous people on a couch. They do it to say F.U. BBC.

Learn2google breh

WTF its funny now

nothing went wrong. Just autism on the internet needing to complaiun about anything and everything, as usual. Nothing to see here, move along.

no but it is a middle finger to the BBC

even though they are blocked from doing almost everything that was good from old Top Gear, this shitty show is still better and gets more viewers than new Top Gear with it's PC lineup

They forgot that they are a car show.
Too much time spent doing stupid, non-car stuff.
Not enough time on reviewing new cars.
Everything feels way too staged now. I know it always has been, but this is just getting ridiculous.

Middle finger to the people that helped to make them worldwide household names and millionaires?
Seems a little churlish.

Your old producer hates your guts, does anything to piss you off, go too far and he punchs you, you fire him even tho he is basically the main star, writer and director the everything and puts up with your shit for the love of the show, his mates quit. Because you're progressive to hear becomes PC, meanwhile sabotaging the competition.

Well said. I also think now that it looks so expensive it has lost some of its charm, although that's hardly it's biggest problem.

>punches a producer because he wanted a steak and chips at 2 AM. Nevermind the fact he didn't eat earlier even tho there was food available then
>on top of punching him, spend a half hour yelling at screaming at him, in the only way a posh Brit cunt can
>"ur just being 'Paycee' and 'progressive' by firing him hurrr what haeppend to realz men"

clarkson was a twat but there was problems behind the scene since the shows inception

clarkson had enough of the BBC pc bullshit and took it out on the potato fucker

UK > USA
>Burgers hate this
>It is edited in the UK
>Multiple cuts
>USA > uk

>the BBC blocked them from having the show in a static building
wot? I sort of understand being able to block them from using something like The Stig or certain formats like Celebrity in an Everyday Car, but static building?

>clarkson had enough of the BBC pc bullshit and took it out on the potato fucker

you can also spin it to "BBC had enought of Clarkson's rayciss b8 and repeatedly told him to tone it down but he's too much of a fucking autist so he didn't"

at the end, we don't know what happened, but one thing I believe: he deserved to be fired. Taking out your frustrations on someone who has a job much harder than you its the ultimate "I'm a giant faggot please rape my face" move

UK is scary with IP rights
>Sky
>SkyDrive
>No man's sky
>Anything with the word sky

it's not the reassembler

Even Clarkson himself admitted he deserved to get sacked for what he did so you don't need to defend your mancrush, you faggot.

>he deserved to be fired.
oh absolutely

he acted like a right twat but has since been very apologetic about the whole thing at least on camera

Still probably bitter as fuck about it but hay he as dat amazon moeny now

youtu.be/DMuO-8S_0Wg

That's fucking crazy.

i literally just said that mate
see

t. clarkson

Apple tried to patent rectangular cell phones with round buttons.
Anything is possible.

i think the issue with Grand Tour isnt that its too different than the old series its that its too scripted

In fact its good they mixed it up, the 2002tguk formula was tired 5 years ago

>Still no Man Lab season 4

These parts are the worst by far, rivaled only by the american's cringeworty """"jokes""""

Why are all the sections pertaining to the US cringey unfunny shit?

PC culture.

Watch Top Gear from 5-10 years ago and listen to the shit they said. Now fast forward and look at how they put Clarkson through the wringer for absolutely nothing.

Tbqh I think some people at the BBC had a personal vendetta against Clarkson, and just wanted to fuck him over.

>During the second episode of series sixteen, Hammond suggested that no one would ever want to own a Mexican car, since cars are supposed to reflect national characteristics and so a Mexican car would be "lazy, feckless, flatulent, overweight, leaning against a fence, asleep, looking at a cactus with a blanket with a hole in the middle on as a coat." Hammond finished with the remark "I'm sorry, but can you imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican?!" Following complaints, the BBC defended the broadcast of this segment on the grounds that such national stereotyping was a "robust part" of traditional British humour.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with The Grand Tour.
/end_thread

I think this is a good one.

also this.

clarkson seems like a fucking asshole to work with. total cunt fuck you jeremy

Again, stop blaming PC culture for the firing of your mancrush, it had nothing to do with him being PC or not. The BBC tolerated his edgy humour for years and backed him up regardless of what he said or who he said it to (Germans, bus drivers, lorry drivers, mexicans, french, whatever...). Even on the Argentina special and the relatively recent Burma special, when some PC bitch complained about the "slope" comment, the BBC backed TG.

What the BBC couldn't tolerate, and no fucking company on earth will, is you acting like a petulant manchild and punching a coworker. Clarkson is just a faggot and is the only one to blame for the demise of TG and the failure that is GT.

I love the fact that they were equal opportunist when it came to insults, but what people seemed to miss is that they would also talk a lot of shit about Britain and it's leaders. As an American I loved the jokes the boys would come up with about America, because some of them were so true it was what made them funny.

>cuck nu-male producer cries after getting hit
>instead of lobbing Clarkson in the jaw like a proper lad
>and the two laugh it off over a pint and some steaks

They all had the last laugh though, because the new Top Gear is a fucking abortion and everyone hates it, even normies who were their target demographic.

The show is too American for Brits to like it, and not funny enough for Americans to like it. It's just trash.

You know you fucked up when JOEY is the most likeable host on your show.

JOEY IS THE LEAST-BEST FRIEND FOR FUCK SAKE. HE'S LOWER THAN ROSS GODDAMN IT.

>Again, stop blaming PC culture for the firing of your mancrush, it had nothing to do with him being PC or not.

It had everything to do with this. The world has become increasingly hypersensitive to that kind of thing. I'm astonished that TG lasted as long as it did with the dialogue those three would put out. Especially when you consider Britain is pretty much the epicentre of cuckoldry. It was only a matter of time before the ice wore too thin, and Clarkson was swallowed up by the icy depths of nu-male crybaby bitches like yourself.

Go change your tampon faggot, you probably peed a little when I triggered you.

>everyone ragging on clarkson
He's always been a twat with anger issues
youtu.be/gVqzEE1O7ic
cant help but love him, reminds me of me right down to the autistic babbling

nothing

Piers Morgan is a walking piece of dog shit. Clarkson should've tossed him in front of a bus.

youtube.com/watch?v=BHIQtxLCgrM

>hurrr durrr you triggered, you hipersensitive PC tampon!
>defending your mancrush

Pick one, retardo. You look all funny trying to be edgy blaming it all on OC when truth was Clarkson was able to get away with anything except physically assaulting someone he worked with.

>b-but i'm a manly man and so is jeremy! and that t-tymon guy sh-should've taken a punch like a m-manly man!

Monica was the worst ffs

>physically assaulting
>light tap of endearment

lol pussy

you act like Clarkson tied him to a lawnchair and raped him for 36 hours straight

WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GIRLS

YOU DON'T RATE THE GUYS AND THE GIRLS TOGETHER

Chandler>Ross>Marcel>Joey

Rachel>Phoebe>Monica

THICC

damn jewesses

he was having a shit time of things m8, going through divorce, possible cancer, and having a shit miserable day on the production of that episode. Not surprising he lost it. Happens with people all the time, for much less reason. Only a cunt would make a fuss about it.

so if one day your boss is having a bad day and he proceeds to beat the shit out of you, you'll take it like a good bloke because the poor millionaire is going through a bad time eh?

>Only a cunt would make a fuss about it.

This. A real man who find some way to blackmail Clarkson and have $500K dropped in the trunk of their car after the set wrapped.

Only a true bitch would taddle to daddy and turn a minor workplace disagreement into a fucking INTERNATIONAL SCANDAL.

He didn't make a fuss of it. Quite the opposite.
Clarkson decided it would be a good idea to tweet that he hit a colleague, at a time when the BBC was under media pressure to control it's stars.
So they controlled him by cancelling his contract. He didn't really give them much choice.

>lololol he a pussy bro
>we men exchange love taps all the time
>cuz we are men
>we are men, right?
>YEAH WERE MEN
>WERE MANLY MEN MEN!!!

Oh user, please, keep telling a bolshevik baskerweaving forum how much of a man you are. Maybe, just maybe, one day you'll believe it.

THEY AREN'T GUYS OR GIRLS, THEY'RE FRIENDS. PRONOUNS FRIEND/FRIEND'S/FRIENDSELF

BEST FRIEND WAS RACHEL

BRAD PITT A SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

>he proceeds to beat the shit out of you,

There you go again - hyperbolic nonsense abound.

Did Clarkson beat the shit out of him? Did he do anything other than embarrass the cuck producer and dredge up 30 years of repressed sadness stemming from childhood bullying and stifled homosexuality?

Stop being such a bitch. If I were your boss I'd beat the fuck out of you.

Good ratings

>I'm okay with my boss hitting me as long as he does it "humanely"
lol cuck

a weak punch from a tired old fart is hardly beating the shit out of anyone.

Nope, only a sissy faggot cunt would use "muh problems and muh sadness and muh cancer" as an excuse for going full on manchild.

These are the über manly men defending Clarksonian manhood? TOP LEL

Punching Piers Morgan is deserving of a knighthood

YOU CAN'T PUT PHOEBE AHEAD OF CHANDLER.

AND YOU CAN'T PUT CHANDLER AHEAD OF PHOEBE.

HE'S TOO NEUROTIC, AND SHE'S TOO QUIRKY. IT JUST WON'T HAPPEN M8.

I'm perfectly fine with my boss hitting me, as long as she doesn't ruin my orgasm at the end of it.

She thiccccc bruh.

i'm okay with my boss hitting me as long as i get to hit him back and aim for that molar he went to the dentist for last week

Only vaginal discharge would cry about an old man tapping them over a disagreement at 2AM.

It's a thing called stress, makes people do mad shit sometimes, even to their friends and co-workers. Funny thing is we all forgive each other because we've empathy. Sorry that you don't.

>I'm a cuck pls Jezza hit me hard daddy

Feel bad for May, he is literally forgotten

>yfw your boss spanks your ass for not working hard enough

CHANDLER A CUTE, PHOEBE AN AUTISTIC SHIT! A SHIT!

No he had that autistic wet dream of a show: The Reassembler.

Literally him in a dank shop for 45 minutes putting old mechanical shit back together.

>watch me drone on as I put this 1954 automated dingleberry back together

>yfw you're 13 and he's 55

Don't talk shit about my waifu

>live in Tolerance Zone #65
>be nu-trans fourth trimester transsexual Angst Profile ZETA-8 genderqueer pseudo-dyke reformed lesbiophilic heteromollusc
>see cis white male at the zoo
>ask "mommies, what's that?"
>they don't know
>Genderless Polyamorous Parental Unit #2 takes me into a Safe Zone and engages the Feelings Shield
>tells me that it is a monster from the beforetime
>tells me not to be scared, because the monsters‘ penisocracy was smashed by the forces of the LBJQGTA5 Coalition in the Patriarchy Wars
>start to cry
>s/he opens his and/or her rainbow mesh vest and retrieves an estrogen pill to cheer me up
>feel the calming femininity wash over me
>s/he tells me that the monsters aren't allowed to hurt anyone anymore, only to work, to support our glorious society
>go back out to gaze once more at the cis-gendered abomination
>throw Privilege Peanuts at him
>everyone laughs
>take some soma
>go home and read some consensus-approved feelings-safe literature

>how can I into timezones?
>what is GMT?

Let me guess, Mr. Manly Man, your I.Q begins with a decimal point, right? By your logic, you're the pathetic one since you're answering to a "vaginal discharge" at 2 a.m.

Clarkson is a dumbass and no amount of "muh macho" can disprove that. He killed a great show because he was "too stressed" and is in the process of killing yet another show that, despite having millions in budget, is much more boring than seeing a spaniel-haired man assembling shit in a shed.

He still does a lot of stuff for the BBC. I think that he only does TGT for the paycheck and maybe out of obligation.

He's also been doing occasional car shows on BBC2. He's a busy man.

How the Christ can that be your waifu?

The time was in reference to when Clarkson allegedly tapped his producer. It was in the early hours of the morning and he was tired as fuck, and the producer was refusing to let him eat anything because he was a cuckish crybaby who wanted to take his nappy nap.

>Clarkson killed a great show

He was doing exactly what made the show great - being a stupid lad.

>FORD KILLED THE MUSCLE CAR BY INTRODUCING A 420HP N/A V8
>HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO US

I really never got the appeal of watching 3 English boomers fuck around with cars and be generally useless to 98 percent of the car community.

>The time was in reference to when Clarkson allegedly tapped his producer. It was in the early hours of the morning and he was tired as fuck
>tapped

you mean he punched him right in the face, and cut him up

telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/11472112/Jeremy-Clarkson-punched-producer-and-called-him-lazy-Irish.html
>the producer was refusing to let him eat anything because he was a cuckish crybaby who wanted to take his nappy nap.

you mean they went out to the pub, and when he came back, he was astonished that a 2 AM the kitched was closed. Which is what his director told him. No "no food for you", simply that the kitchen at their hotel was closed at that time. And Jezza punched him for that

why do you suck Jezza's cock so much? do you have a thing for old men ravaging your ass?

You seem really angry mate, watch that you don't punch a wall.

>angry

so telling the story straight without sugarcoating it (IT WAS JUST A TAP BRAH) its now "angry"?

lmfao. go back to masturbate to close ups of jezza's double chin, you workshipping faggot

>tfw you think clarkson knows who you are or gives a shit when you defend him on a nigerian shipbuilder's message board

Things to fix the show:

>Get rid of the stupid american persona test driver

Would make more sense, for this joke, to have an Italian who's impossible to please and calls every car he drives a shitbox if it isn't Ferrari. That or hire someone like Tiff to test all the cars. He could use the pay bump.

>Stop doing the special guest interview joke and start doing "guest stars" that go on drives with them for a small segment in the open

They could lawyer up and say they are active actors of the show rather than guests.

>Hire a different director of photography and coloring/gamma editor

It's too fucking bright and he makes boneheaded fucking mistakes like not putting neutral density gels (think sunglasses) behind the windows so the background doesnt get blown out.

>Get back to testing cars and talking about the results in a insightful way, a la top gear from a decade ago

That's what we fucking want.

>Get a new test track

That track is fucking horrible and they have enough money to rent out a real race track like Laguna Seca or countless test tracks around england/USA that manufacturers use. This thing is fucking mickey mouse as fuck and needs to go.

>Change the song

It's dad rock in the worst way possible.

>Hire media consultants that are wizbang aces in the field of what works vs what falls flat

Explain to Clarkson that his jokes are mostly not funny if he's not being incredibly cynical, all knowing or wise. We want more of his smug decision making, not self-deprication.

>Restrict long drive, ambitious two-parters so that they are "that much better" when it happens

I'm tired of watching three old men complain about eachother all over the world.

>More travel segments where they find beautiful scenery to test cars and give insightful, intellectual input on the situation

Again, it's what made Top Gear good.

i always liked when they would buy crappy cars for a few thousand pounds and then have to do shit with them, but they don't do that anymore so the show is shit imo

>Grand Tour, not Top Gear
If you want to see TG so much, just rerun the old episodes, this is a new show so dealwithit.

Would you suck Jeremy's cock?

Your angry words and insults give you away. Please seek help before you do something we will all regret! We don't want to lose your quality posts because you've been locked up for assaulting a Coke machine.

Probably can't do that yet, because lawyers. At first they weren't even going to be allowed a track or a leaderboard.

Who the fuck is Marcel?

I want to say BBC lawyers. The list of shit they can't do is incredible. Like the American. He has to say dumb shit every 5 seconds because a mute racing driver falls under The Stig licence owned by the BBC. The reason why the Stig exists in the first place was because they couldn't find a driver who had an intelligent thought while lapping to being with.

I'm sure a bit of it is hubris from the trio but mostly it's the BBC trying to kill possible competition for a Top Gear they know is not strong enough to stand against the old trio.

How could you forget about Ross' pet monkey? Nice trips.

>trips wasted on such ignorant statement

How the fuck can you forget Marcel?

so much graphic homosexuality

really projecting there m8

Jeremy is actually the star, in Top Gear he just thought he was.

wtf I love celebrity brain crash now.

You're not supposed to love it. It exists soley to piss off BBC executives

>what went wrong?

They stayed at bbc 2 long

last few episodes have been cool af fami

To be fair they only used that against shit tier Samsung who got their initial start in the smartphone market by copying apples look.

They lost focus and people stopped giving them so much guidance. Kind of like what happens to George Lucas after the 80's

Wow sorry I didn't watch those -seven- episodes.

Fucking Friends IDF here ruining our thoughtful discourse here with their sitcom shitpisting.