Tfw this could have been a reality

>tfw this could have been a reality

If the Roman Empire had stayed intact, yes, we would've been far more advanced than we are now.

In my opinion, of course.

What are you talking about? That's a painting of a fictional civilization by Thomas Cole.

What do you mean it "could have been a reality"? I don't see how. It's a fictional place.

Quite the opposite actually

We would have stagnated

>What do you mean it "could have been a reality"?
It would be if the nazis had won.

Proof?

Roman Empire lasted too long. Good riddance they were degenerates.

ahahahahaha fuck off

>muh degeneracy

Stormfag detected!

Found the jew.

>no painted sculptures

thank fuck, it would have been hell on earth being blinded by all that gaudy white

that shit is terrible

I don't believe in fascism.

>modern architecture

Byzantium

You're like a little baby.

There is a reason why they are no longer around.

>tfw your dominus will never crush your boipuss

All that would've been needed is one emperor to push science like Italian city states did in the Renaissance.

Didn't we lose knowledge of greek fire and other stuff because they fell?

Could Trump bring this America back?

Wow this is some best korea shit

No. But removal of the internet might lead to more people outside.

Pokey Mango needs internet though

who?

And then christfaggotardianity came along.

I mean if anything we need more Augmented Reality games for people to go outside

Roman ideal: we must build a great civilization
Christfaggotardian ideal: hurr durr let's share everything and let our enemies come in and rule over us

or just become anti-internet terrorists and cut down internet fibers going underground, destroying the massive server buildings, hack unused sattelites in space and make them crash with the internet sattelites.

Our leader might be Kazcisynski

>being completely hell bent on halting technological advancement for
>when he can have this

Well the fastest rate technology and science was discovered and written about in correlation with amount of humans alive on the world?

I would say around the late 19th century and early 20th century when there was no internet.

Internet has gived us the age of information but does anybody do something with that information?

actually I should open up a thread where we discuss how the internet affected warfare while being a military gadget and how it affected society when it was made public.

We have stopped advancing not because of information but because of the rise of mass democracy. Democractic vote sabotages the economy and diverts resources to wasteful and petty individal pleb ends (muh welfare, dem prowgrams).

If Egypt were democratic the pyramids would have never been built. Nothing great can be achieved in a democracy.

What do you consider great? Wasn't the Eiffel or statue of liberty lady build in democracies? Aren't those great?

>Aren't those great?
Not really. They're quite boring to be honest.

The Eastern Roman Empire was stagnant as fuck, Qing China was stagnant as fuck, the Ottomans were stagnant as fuck. Rome wouldn't necessarily have stagnated but it might well have, and we know for a fact that Europe after Rome didn't so there's that. I don't think big empires necessarily stagnate as a rule, China's been more or less intact besides dynastic changes and they go through periods. I also amn't sure that warring city states are necessarily more innovative. It seems intuitively to be the case though I don't know how you'd test it.

They literally were the opposite of degenerates you mongoloid, they brought civilisation to savages, and then the savages dragged their civilisation back to the stone age. It took until the French revolution to restore civilisation to Europe.

Not sure if serious.

Not even getting into the aesthetics and symbolism of both monuments you cited. Imagine something proportional to great pyramids, but with the wealth of modern France and USA instead of the wealth of ancient Egypt (based on agriculture).

And why are the pyramids great then?

So could you give me an example of what could be considered great? Space colony on Mars?

Because they're massive and have incredible interiors.

>And why are the pyramids great then?
Because they were incredible feats at the time they were built.

Ok and what could be considered great for our time? With our economic capabilities.

A pyramid on the moon.

>Space colony on Mars?
Yes, why not? But that's not the point, really. The great pyramids were an amazing feat for a society of that time, that still puzzles and amazes us. It must have concentrated all the available resources, technology and man-power in a single effort. There's nothing similar going on in modern and contemporary societies. Something like that would be considered (by democratic politicians, both left and right) a waste of resources today.

>what could be considered great for our time? With our economic capabilities.
Ok let's use our imagination. A city-sized, hive world building like

kek

So you'd prefer to put almost all our economic means into building something great so people of the future will think of us isntead of using it to make our lives less miserable here?

terraforming Mars

>burgers come late to the war
>"acquire" helmets and display them.
I bet the harlem hellfighters did the acquiring too.

One the day the emperor is going to lead us to our destiny of conquering the galaxy

I unironically believe this

That isn't so hard. Get a spaceship with people putting up trees that can start building an atmosphere. Have some robot or mechanic system there to water the trees from time to time.

>this isn't so hard

you could say the same thing about the pyramids

VE VUZ ZUPERMANN UNT SHIESSE!!!

>So you'd prefer to put almost all our economic means into building something great so people of the future will think of us isntead of using it to make our lives less miserable here?
Yes.

Life is inherently miserable and distributing the wealth won't change that. But we can alleviate our suffering by being less self-centered. One way of being less self-centered is doing service and sacrificing oneself for something greater than oneself. The medieval cathedrals were built with a significant contribution of free labor from peasants. They donated, sacrificed, their labor for something greater than themselves, and they found satisfaction in that. Their handiwork survives. The labor and wealth employed in the cathedrals, if distributed to every peasant, would only add a little bit of food to prolong a materialist and meaningless life, none of which would leave any trace or memory.

He comes Brother.

you know what happened after right

>All that would've been needed is one emperor to push science like Italian city states did in the Renaissance.
But that simply wasn't important to the Romans, they cared about practical things and had disdain for any Greek learning that didn't have immediate application.

Ugly
beauty

We haven't really stopped advancing you retarded fucks

>It took until the French revolution to restore civilisation to Europe.

How can someone be so disgustingly historically biased and illiterate.

It's statements like that which reveal who the mongoloid really is - you.

Of course when we talk about the human consequences of a fall we acknowledge that if the Romans behaved differently they might have persevered and our civilization might be several centuries more advanced than it is today, but it is also completely reasonable to conjecture that the opposite might be true as well: long term sclerosis, the sort of economic stagnation which sets in when there is no external force putting pressure on a bloated, corrupt regime, allowing them to persecute anyone who might upset the status quo, stifling change and innovation.

Such a regime would have almost certainly have had the same trouble deflecting the Mongols that the Song Dynasty had, and might have seen its mighty civilization burnt to the ground with a Mongol ruling class sitting on top of the ashes, followed by a newer civilizational model for the West profoundly influenced by oriental despotism. It's hard to imagine an Isaac Newton or a Sir Roger Bacon flourishing in these conditions

So does your mum.

>slave nation
>only 1 city benefits from taxpayer dollars
>close proximity for homes sub ideal in terms of disease.

The international space station

This is why I hate alt history

The Roman Empire was an overextended, broken, corrupt ticking time bomb. The collapse could not have been avoided unless it wasn't the Roman Empire we knew.

Yeah, imagine how dated it would look years down the road, when all the Hitler Youth are jaded cigarette smoking emos sitting around in the park and the Third Reich ran out of wars and therefore reasons to live.

It became too unequal. All societies that have a high degree of inequality eventually break down. You can't have a sharp distinction between plebs and elites without the hungry plebs reaching for their pitchforks.

Your one post showed how many babies browse here